Mixtura Restaurant at La Cofradia
160 Andalusia Ave
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
Mixtura Restaurant at La Cofradia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lacofradia.com/
- Phone: 3059141300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday:12:00pm - 10:00pm Friday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm Saturday: 6:00pm-11:00pm Sunday: Closed Happy Hour 4:30pm-8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Andres Montenegro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available upon request.
- Special Events: Private Events Room please contact email@example.com or Nikky Oliva (305) 244 8039 or (305) 914 1300.
A word from Mixtura Restaurant at La Cofradia
Come experience the freshest Cebiches in Coral Gables along with our classic dishes: Braised Ossobuco, Chilean Seabass, Rib Eye with Pesto, Foie Gras, Cofrade Risotto with lobster tail, just to name a few of the many favorites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mixtura Restaurant at La Cofradia reviews from OpenTable diners
- Since I moved to CoralGables,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/12/2012Since I moved to CoralGables, a year ago, I often go to La Cofradia because it is so pleasant and so often the food is delicious. I think the entree portions are too bigSpecial Features:
- Great Peruvian in the Gables!HungryinHorshamVIPDined on 5/4/2012The Cebiche was fantastic, but portions tiny to share in the trio. Everything serves was thoroughly enjoyed, even for these novice Peruvian diners!Special Features:
- The food was awful.... TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012The food was awful.... The service was good and the ambience is very nice. The wines were all 50% off,, that was a great deal and the highlight of the evening. The overall impression I took away is that this restaurant will soon close its doors. I had tried the food from this restaurant before ( it was good) and was very surprised with food served ( it was awful and not to the standards of what is expected)
- The ceviche appetizers wereMilanoDined on 4/14/2012The ceviche appetizers were delicious. However, the entrees were all heavy and ordinary especially the side dishes, although the portions were large.
- Service was incredibly slow.bluecatsVIPDined on 2/14/2012Service was incredibly slow. It wasn't the staff's fault, they were really hustling and trying. But they were severely understaffed. And given that it was one of the most expensive meals I've had in some of the nicer Coral Gables restaurants, that doesn't make sense. I did go nearly 30 minutes at the end of the night waiting to get someone to give us the check. That shouldn't happen. Food was good, but was overpriced for what you get. I won't go back.
- Wonderful, authentic PeruvianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2012Wonderful, authentic Peruvian food! The staff and owner were very attentive and they had a great selection of food and wine! My boyfriend and I had an amazing time celebrating our special night!Special Features:
- PERUVIAN FOOD IT IS DELICIOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012PERUVIAN FOOD IT IS DELICIOUS AND THE RESTAURANT WAS VERY GOODSpecial Features:
- Excellent Peruvian FoodJamesTXVIPDined on 1/6/2012The kitchen: Outstanding. The service, Maitre was very professional and nice. But the rest of the staff need some tips and refinement... Some consistent mistakes not in alignment with a restaurant of this levelSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011Excellent food and service. Had an enjoyable time. Would definitely recommend. Only negative was that entree took a while to arrive. So be prepared. Order a drink, sit down and relax.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011We had a wonderful experience at La Cofradia. The food, service and wine selection were great. Irving, the Maitre'D, even made a special fruit drink for my 13 year old. She loved the drink and the special service. I highly recommend this place.
- Have been meaning to go thereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/23/2011Have been meaning to go there for some time but something always came up. Glad I finally made it, now I'm sorry it took me so long!!!Special Features:
- Gourmet PervuianDinerDined on 11/26/2011Very good gourmet Peruvian food. The desserts, which are served in very small portions, are excellent.Special Features:
- Really pleasant dining experience.EvyNYVIPDined on 11/19/2011Really pleasant dining experience. Food was innovative and delicious. At first it was too noisy and the music was awful and inappropriate for the restaurant of this type. I requested that they lower the volume and they did it immediately. Nice, friendly and efficient service.Special Features:
- Beautiful space, smelled fishyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2011Beautiful space, smelled fishy at first and noise around table close to bar was annoying. Choose a table away from bar and kitchen and smell and noise isn't that bad. Thank Gid for the food! It was well presented and OUTSTANDING. Must try the Saltado w filet! Perfectly cooked!Special Features:
- The good is always outstanding.PattyDined on 11/5/2011The good is always outstanding. Some of the best ceviche in town!Special Features:
- I love this place--the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/4/2011I love this place--the food is sublime, different than any other restaurant in Miami.Excellent service, not too noisy as so many places are.Special Features:
- La Cofradia continues to beOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2011La Cofradia continues to be one of the best restaurants in the Coral Gables/South Miami area. The food is always outstanding and the service is excellent. It was a great experience.Special Features:
- Authentic food and feel...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2011This place was absolutely fantastic! They paid great attention to detail and the food is authentic with a modern twist. Oh, and it was delicious! Truly a great find and will definitely return.Special Features:
- i have always enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2011i have always enjoyed the restaurant however this time the selection of the Miami Spice menu was not very interesting.Special Features:
- We had the Miami Spice menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2011We had the Miami Spice menu and found each dish delicious and beautifully presented. Only complaint was the long delay from ordering to receiving our 1st course. Otherwise, service was prompt, efficient and friendly. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent ceviche and seafood.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2011Excellent ceviche and seafood. Attentive service. Return occasionally.Special Features:
- Very nice and well operatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2011Very nice and well operated restaurant with New Peruvian cuisine. Great service, good food, great pisco sours and affordable Malbec to go with food.Special Features:
- The food was very good asJPDineVIPDined on 9/10/2011The food was very good as well as the service. Their Miami Spice Menu was excellent with great choices and excellent food.Special Features:
- Well first of all, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2011Well first of all, the service was EXTREMELY SLOW. I am gonna be positive to think that maybe the system went down. But seriously, if something happened, at least warn your clients. Let me explain first, it was raining cats and dogs, so we delay our reservation to 9pm. We got there at 9:00p, they sat us down like at 9:05p, we order food like at 9:20p. The appetizer arrived at 10:30pm!!! Only an hour later is that people came to us to apologize for the delay. But seriously, an hour later? Now the food. I order "Arroz con Mariscos" This rice is suppose to came with shrimp, mussels, scallops, squid and lobster. I only received the rice with shrimp and scallops. I didn't even bother to return it, I just want to be done and leave.
- Took foreverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011Food was good but took 75 minutes easily. They never said why and we're very apologetic including gave us two bottles of wine, but I would never go back.
- The bartender was spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/2/2011The bartender was spectacular! He made the evening great, our server forgot we were there. We had no water, he never asked us if we needed anything throughout the meal, like water. He wasn't terrible, but could have been better.Special Features:
- Try the Miami Spice menu here...luv2dineDined on 8/31/2011Try the Miami Spice menu here... you will not be disappointed.
- We had the Miami Spice SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2011We had the Miami Spice Special and it offered great choices and added a bottle of wine to our special an it was great
- There must be souffle for dessert!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2011We loved this place under the previous owner, so couldn't wait to try again. Foor was salty, and the waiter wanted to try taking our dessert order the minute our entrees arrived!!! We told him to waid, but he really wanted to tell us about our dessert options as we tried to eat dinner. And oddly enough, there was no souffle on the dessert menu! Never going back.
- I can't believe the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2011I can't believe the restaurant has been around since the late 90's and I only just heard of it. The food was very fresh and very creative, yet familiar enough for less adventurous diners. The wine list was superb and the sommelier was very accomodating. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OK, not remarkableYummyVIPDined on 8/20/2011The space itself is modern but cold, not especially inviting. The service was eager, but very busy; that is, handing off plates one to another, shifting glassware around in the service area during the dinner hour, passing instructions to each other, and generally distracting. The food (we went Miami Spice) was good but not remarkable. I assume that ordering several appetizers as tapas would be a better experience than ordering a full meal.
- The food was delicious. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2011The food was delicious. The service was just okay. I think it was because we went at the height of the lunch rush. I would go back, especially for the ceviche and sea bass.
- Peruvian CevicheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2011I was excited to go to this place for lunch because of: 1) their Miami Spice menu and 2) their Peruvian cuisine. I was impressed by the atmosphere when we walked in. It was very chic and welcoming. The seats were very comfortable. We arrived late for our reservations due to construction and traffic, but they were gracious and were very quick to provide us with a table. Overall, the food was very good. Nothing that memorable except for the ceviche. That was outstanding! Service could have been better. It was probably because it was late in the afternoon. Would I go back again? Probably! But I might just order ceviche for the whole night.Special Features:
- Excellent food as always.LindaVIPDined on 8/13/2011Excellent food as always. First time service was not up to par.Special Features:
- not as good as in the past.luv2dineVIPDined on 8/13/2011not as good as in the past. service was spotty. food was good. not outstanding.Special Features:
- Wonderful Miami Spice experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2011Wonderful Miami Spice experience. Excellent food and choices, and very plentiful. Hip but comfortable vibe. Very glad we went.Special Features:
- Our reservation was for 8:30PMOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2011Our reservation was for 8:30PM - we weren't seated until 8:50PM. We left after waiting an hour and 30 minutes for our main courses. I can't rate the food accurately because we only received our starters. The service was non-existent & the restaurant understaffed.
- Hidden Gem in Coral GablesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2011Impeccable service. Sommelier and service staff were world class. Best ceviche I've had in my life, across 5 continents. Saltados and aji amarillo sauce were divine and perfectly prepared. A bit odd on the decor, but the ambience was very nice. Romantic and nice background music, but the entire restaurant is so open, it's not very private. Although it appears there's forced valet parking if you're unable to walk to La Cofradia, there's a parking garage less than 2 blocks away.Special Features:
- I have eaten at some of theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2011I have eaten at some of the top restaurants in every major US city, and La Cofradia is superb. The food is an ever-inventive fusion of Peruvian and world cuisine that never fails to entertain the palate without resorting to gimmickry. The service is excellent, with a staff that is knowledgeable, attentive, appropriately deferential, and charmingly warm (in Miami, such service is rare and therefore especially notable). In every respect, La Cofradia is among the very best in town.Special Features:
- My Chicken Stir-fry, I thinkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2011My Chicken Stir-fry, I think it was called Santaldo was very tough, and dry. The waiter kept forgetting to bring our drinks order to the table, my soda was kind of watery when I got it.