Mixtura - Miami Beach
7118 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33141Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Mixtura - Miami Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mixturarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3053978555x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Dinner Sunday - Thursdays: 6:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Dinner Thursday - Saturday: 6:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Happy Hour Monday- Friday: 6:00pm - 7:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Peruvian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have daily lunch deals available on weekdays from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM, with catering service around the area.
A word from Mixtura - Miami Beach
Mixtura is a passion and a journey from past to present, integrating the fusion of scents and flavors that have marked our history of Peru with modern cuisine techniques, and we want to give away to the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mixtura - Miami Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- food and servicelizelaVIPDined on 6/28/2014wonderful attention and food is amazing great new placeSpecial Features:
- Excellent as usualMiguelDined on 6/26/2014We always find it excellent. The dishes are interesting, very well prepared and delicious. Worth a visitSpecial Features:
- Good experienceMaritaDined on 6/14/2014I have been to Mixtura many times and I always order the same thing, because its so good and I cant find these dishes anywhere else. The Restaurant ambience is nice, can get a bit noisy, when there are many people. Also sometimes, when you enter, there is a bit of a damp smell - not sure, where its coming from, but it doesnt destroy the good experience :)Special Features:
- Excellent!!!NiceDined on 6/8/2014More than delicious!!! Great variety and quality of the food. Amazing customer service.Special Features:
- The following 68 reviews are from the Mixtura - Miami Beach reviews archive.
- Not Mixtura Anymore...FoodiefusionistaVIPDined on 5/24/2014This restaurant is in the process of changing its name and menu. It will still be Peruvian -- but much more casual, beach-ish. It will be called Locura Marina. I hope some of the signature dishes, like the ravioli aji de gallina make it over; others like some of the exotic fishes -- shouldn't. The restaurant used to be very consistent -- in terms of food quality and service -- not so so anymore. Restaurant does not accept dining checks / points anymore. Perhaps I'll return in a couple of months after they've worked out all of the kinks.
- ExcellentNotcookingVIPDined on 5/2/2014The seafood here rivals anything on the menu at Milo's or Catch or Prime Fish without the attitude or the $25 parking...in fact the city lot a block away is free at night. Service is friendly and most importantly, sincere.Special Features:
- Nice gemSunManVIPDined on 3/28/2014Very soft spoken façade but the staff is absolutely professional and the service was great. I went with the traditional Peruvian staples Lomo Saltado and the seafood paella. This was one of the best I've ever tasted. There was no hurrying and everything was just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedtmhardinDined on 3/7/2014The service was excellent! My water glass never got below half a glass all night (i drink alot of water). I tried the ceveche for the first time and it was strong for me but my GF said it was the best she's ever had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food.JcgirlVIPDined on 2/9/2014Casual romantic atmosphere and every plate we ordered of 4 was delicious. Must-haves here: Ceviche Botijero (finger lickin good) and the Lomo saltado con risotto de Huancaina (tenderloins were seasoned to perfection). And if you like sushi, the Piuranito Maki roll (sweet), is one of the best sushi dishes I've had. I didn't have a pleasant service experience. Even though I'm bilingual, I had such trouble communicating with the Spanish-speaking staff, but food made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrilbe service .... food just okShalvaresDined on 2/1/2014We have dined at this place before .... ... BUTTTT .. but on this occasion the bad service started right off the bat. We had to flag the server down to just get drinks. Waiter was not paying attention to our orders so the kitchen messed up ... The waiter had a really cocky attitude ... started walking away from us as we tried putting in for an appetizer.. ... some items like Causas and Ceviche were just ok (better said, mediocre) and got highly overpriced since last few months ... we'll think over if we'll come back again or not visiting on week-ends or holidays ....
- Not goodRoadRunnerDined on 1/31/2014The food was not very tasty and it took too long for it to come out.
- Peruvian funcrablovrDined on 1/23/2014Loved the different foods. Everything fresh and delicious. Would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerSnitchellDined on 12/24/2013We booked the restaurant based on Open Table reviews. It turned out to be very good. I would describe it as a Peruvian seafood restaurant with interesting and unusual dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable but a bit priceyPaulDined on 11/6/2013The Mid-Beach area of Miami Beach has become something of a restaurant row. A friend has moved here so we're working our way through. There is sidewalk dining .. but you're going to inhale car fumes all night long Food is Peruvian with nice options ... fish entrees were nicely cooked, but this visit the sauces were bland ... no spice (important in Peruvian cuisine), no oomph ... Out waitress was very helpful and efficient, so that surely made up for the on okay food. and I know restaurants are turning up the volume ... but some of us would like to be able to hear our dinner guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For special occasionra27ar10Dined on 11/1/2013it's great for special occasion with your wife, food and service is EXCELENT!!! we will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixtura is a gem. It offershappy2dineVIPDined on 10/26/2013Mixtura is a gem. It offers a delightful selection of authentic and very well prepared Peruvian food complemented by a strong Chilean and Argentinian wine list. The service is personable and swift and the setting very attractive and quiet. Parking in nearby streets is always available in the evenings. The result is an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my second time atGuillermoDined on 10/19/2013This was my second time at this great restaurant. The food is superb and the service is excellent. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good peruvian foodMariofoodieDined on 10/8/2013You have an interesting menu to find the peruvian dish that you like. We ate tasted 3 different thing and they were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- location, location, locationCO2loves2eatVIPDined on 10/6/2013Very sophisticated food for the area. We have been there a few times, and it hasn't really been busy. Not sure if it is the night we go, or business...definitely would go back! It's sort of a yucky area for this place. Must try the "Pulpo a la Parrilla" / Grilled O ctopus Portugal octopus on our uniqueanticucho sauce, with roasted potatoes and choclo corn, chimichurri sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicePaulDined on 7/31/2013broad array of ceviches and tiraditos, cauzas and the like and everything we tried was perfectly prepared only downsides are that it si so brightly lit (definitely not for romance) and the stereo is played too loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!FujimarDined on 7/21/2013A great place, I only ordered appetizers, and they were amazing. Grilled beef hearts on skewers. Grilled octopus. Ceviche "aphrodisiac" (with uni based sauce). I was alone so just ordered wine by the glass, but the list was pretty impressive. I recommend going with a small group and sampling the many ceviches and dinners. The best ceviche is in Peru, this place has the second best, and I eat it everywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peruvian, enlightenedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2013Every dish was delicious, beautiful and unique. The wine list was both broad and accessible. The only strange thing was how empty the place was at 7-8:30 PM! Guess that's Miami nightlife for you; but it makes the restaurant even more pleasant for out-of-townersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food with a twistSouthernEatDined on 6/26/2013Brought international guests here from Asia/Pacific region. Overall the food was good, but nothing spectacular. The highlight of Mixtura is the ceviche! I would recommend for appetizers and a drink. Better places to dine for entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exemplary Peruvian cuisineAndrewTDined on 5/23/2013We were entirely new to Peruvian cuisine, and one of us is a very conservative 'meat and potatoes' kind of guy. As soon as we sat down and had a glass of bubbly we warmed immediately to the waiter and our surroundings. The mixed fish ceviche was out of this world.....incredibly zesty flavours and astoundingly fresh! The grilled lobster& tenderloin were outstanding. I had Lomo Saltado Con Risotto De Huancaina, stir-fry tenderloin tips with oriental sauce served with huancaina risotto......tremendous. Impeccable service. You would be crazy not to try this restaurant. I for one cannot wait to go back. We have Open Table to thank for giving them an award this year or it would not have caught my eye in my search for Peruvian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nuevo PeruvianFoodiefusionistaVIPDined on 5/22/2013Cozy neighborhood decor where new takes on Peruvian classics shine! From lomo saltado, de aji de gallina giant raviolis, to short rib tacu and a wide assortment of ceviches and fish -- bring your appetite, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- dinner outgift4gabbVIPDined on 5/17/2013Could not decide where to go for dinner on a Saturday night spir of the moment. We remembered reading about Mixtura and loved Astrid and Gaston's. Decided to try it..the food was very good and so was the service. I would go back. Unfortunately I am allergic to shellfish but my partner ate the seafood and soup dish made of shrimp, calamari, pototes, cheese, rice, cilantro, peas and egg in a yellow broth that he said was delicious and very peruvian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeperuvianDined on 5/12/2013This is the best Peruvian food restaurant in south FloridaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is great and the lookOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Service is great and the look and feel of the restaurant is great! The food is good but could be better.Special Features:
- Octupus was great, my LomoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013Octupus was great, my Lomo saltado with risotto was way too salty and was sent back my friends quinoa seafood dish was salty but she ate half of it and didn't send it back I ordered a fish ceviche and was again too salty I ate the fish pieces bacause I was starving at this point and ordered choros a la chalaca that I could only have 2 of them, taste was not good
- Maybe not again...BSimonsOKVIPDined on 3/25/2013Our third visit but maybe our last. One good waiter & one who could not put down his phone made for an annoying dinner. The lights were so bright we asked them to turn them down.Special Features:
- The neighborhood may not lookOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/16/2013The neighborhood may not look great but this restaurant deserves your visit. Great ceviche's, very attentive service and excellent food. Must try the lomo maki roll as an appetizer, wow.Special Features:
- We love the food; tiraditos,maxieVIPDined on 3/9/2013We love the food; tiraditos, causas, rolls, chupe de camarone, ceviche; however upon entering we asked for lights to be dimmed, the music to be changed and turned down. The waiter had difficulty in staying focused on our group because the restaurant was understaffed.Special Features:
- Try it!ChezTeRickDined on 2/21/2013Very good place. Clean white look, tables well separated for privacy. Professional and attentive service without being imposing. Food is beautifully presented and equally tasty. Long list of excellent chevices. Good selection of fish dishes with tasty and varied sides. Someone in the kitchen knows how to cook! We came here first time as part of Miami Spice and the restaurant showed their best at that time. It works - and now we are back regularly because they are consistently good with reasonable prices. It is a blessing to have this type of quality restaurant as part of our local neighboorhood locations.Special Features:
- Authentic Ceviche, (We won'tShalvaresDined on 2/20/2013Authentic Ceviche, (We won't ever miss the samplers) great selection to choose from the Peruvian renown gastronomy. The octopus steamed and grilled was out of this world delicious and beautifully presented. The Causas were a work of art for the palate .... the Lucuma and Chirimoya desserts a final point on a great evening ....Indoor seating was perfect ... The service up to par ... efficient and professional ...Special Features:
- Upscale atmosphere, excellent cevicheroldraVIPDined on 2/17/2013Upscale atmosphere, excellent ceviche. That sums up Mixtura. There is a large list of extraordinarily fresh ceviches and all look marvelous. We tried mixed seafood with lime juice and were delighted. This is what ceviche should be: absolutely fresh with only minor additions (chopped onion, etc). Mixture has a reasonably priced wine list full of excellent choices to accompany seafood. We also tried the grilled squid, a Mixtura specialty. This was ok but nothing special. Instead of being charred to exterior crispness, the squid was soft and moist. Stick with the ceviche and you will be happy.Special Features:
- Delicious birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013I went to have dinner for my birthday. I was very worried about the taste, when you have not have peruvian food in months you have very high expectations, and nothing seems to fill them. I started with Chicha morada, for me that was the biggest challenge, I must said i have never tried one like the one in mixtura, it was so delicious,perfect temperature, it was a great start. Everything was very good, from the starters i recommend maki acevichado al the one of lomo saltado(plz do not eat the flamme lol). We had a little issue with an entree but the chef came to talk to us and it was nice gesture of him. I must said that service was very bad, the waiter was on his cellphone all the time, we has not proactive at all,congrats to the buser!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent food, beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2013Excellent food, beautiful presentation....everyone of us enjoyed very much...our choices were right, portions good, for dessert we had the Passion creme brulle, with coconut icecream on top, with some "passion caviar"....that was very special when it pops in your mouth..........I wonder wher can I find such a thing..... The service very attempt. As far as location, I hope the neighborhood improves....but at night is more relaxed....Special Features:
- Great dining, food, professional,ShalvaresDined on 12/28/2012Great dining, food, professional, attentive, charming serviceSpecial Features:
- The approach to Peruvian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/19/2012The approach to Peruvian food was fun, creative and delicious. Service was very nice and the dining experience was relaxing.Special Features:
- Promise, lacking executionmikeDined on 12/18/2012Mixtura offers style in a neighborhood that warrants it but where it is otherwise lacking. The room is dramatically cast in white, with tablecloths and tables well spaced. As a Peruvian restaurant, it offers cerviche served several ways, all of which were much better than average. Sushi also looked better than average, though was not sampled. Main courses ordered, all fish, were lacking in quality preparation; all were dry and overcooked. And the noise level was excessive, especially for a small neighborhood restaurant where people would rather talk than be overwhelmed with music and table noise. Fix the noise and spend a little more care on main course preparation and this hard working restaurant would better deliver on its promiseSpecial Features: