Mivan Mediterranean Cuisine
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Mivan Mediterranean Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mivanrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6503429944
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00AM - 4:30PM Sunday: 12:00PM - 4:30PM
Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:30PM
Friday & Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Victor Demirkol
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Mivan Mediterranean Cuisine
Family owned and operated Greek and Mediterranean restaurant. Consisting of home made goods and friendly environment. The ambiance is crisp, clean, comfortable and decidedly upscale but fortunately, the prices are down to earth and down-right attractive. Mivan also offers a great wine and beer menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mivan Mediterranean Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- consistently good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014everything here is prepared fresh. Family owned business. nice people, good food and very reasonable prices. we eat here a few times a month.Special Features:
- Very pleasant surprise!AmyFDined on 6/30/2014We were in the mood for Greek and didn't want to drive to SF. The menu had everything we wanted. Excellent appetizer platter. One of us had the gyros. One had chicken sauté and one had an eggplant dish. All were we'll prepared and presented. Great salad dressing. Good beverage selection. We will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite go to restauranOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2014consistently good food and friendly service. Everything is made with fresh ingredients.Special Features:
- The following 41 reviews are from the Mivan Mediterranean Cuisine reviews archive.
- Greek fast food?SammyVIPDined on 4/5/2014This is one of the most disappointing Greek restaurants I've dined at. The Greek salad could have been made better from a bottle of store bought dressing. The gyro meat was like stir fry and there were no pita bread to go with the gyro. I would equate this joint like a taco bell and that would be generous.
- Last customers of the nightOTfanVIPDined on 3/29/2014We were the last ones in the restaurant, but treated so nicely anyway. Food was delicious and with generous portions. We also had a nice wine for a reasonable price. We enjoyed the swordfish kebabs and the vegetable kebabs, the lentil soup, and hummus with chewy bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our go to placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/21/2014consistently good food at reasonable prices. nice family owned business.Special Features:
- Quiet, pleasant diningItalophileVIPDined on 3/8/2014We welcome this family-run restaurant to our short inventory of places to return to for quiet, delicious, and moderately-priced dinners. Tasty appetizers -- zucchuni cakes, tabouli, house-made hummus, for example -- and traditional eastern Mediterranean entrees such as moussaka and a wide variety of kebabs -- lamb, beef, chicken, and fish. Far, far too many Bay Area restaurants have fallen victim to the scourge of ear-splitting noise, so it was a big and most welcome bonus that Mivan was quiet enough to allow the four of us to have normal conversation without straining to hear and yelling to be heard. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom and dad in the kitchen,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/1/2014Mom and dad in the kitchen, son and daughters serving in the dining room, completely family run deliciously clean restaurant. Mivan is located in the midst of more vibrant eateries of all varieties, yet this place attracts a good number of happy customers almost every day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Greek to MeNapamelVIPDined on 1/28/2014We found this on Open Table and was very pleased with the choice. We started with the sample appetizer plate which was well down and gave us a chance to see what the Owner/Chief can do. They served Lafah which we used with the items on the plate. I had Lamb Kebab which was wonderful and my wife had Moussaka which was good but different from what we are used to. This is a good choice for Greek food on a budget.I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly local casual eatsbusyfoodieDined on 1/17/2014I picked out this restaurant because if is close by and serving Mediterranean. It was an impromptu decision on Friday afternoon for an 6pm dinner. The restaurant feels low key, and has a giant display refrigerator separating the dining area and kitchen, which lends itself the casual flair. We ordered the appetizer sampler, the lamb kebab, and the swordfish kebab. The humus and roasted eggplant spread were good; the rest of the dishes are somewhat bland and just like your run-of-the-mill family cooking. I would recommend to a friend who wants something familiarly Greek that is close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good food andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/20/2013consistently good food and prices. family owned and run and its our go to place.Special Features:
- Lots of Lamb on the menuKarenMDined on 12/17/2013Reasonably priced with a nice variety. Salmon was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mivan Mediterraneanrobles101Dined on 12/5/2013Thu night: the small restaurant was almost empty but service was attentive. Traditional Greek and Middle Eastern staples in abundance with wine (by glass or bottle) and beer. Ample quantities; flavorful food. Not worth a detour but pleasant evening.
- Always a good mealTapestryVIPDined on 11/2/2013Delicious home made bread with garlic in olive oil. Tilapia with a caper sauce, rice pilaf, salad and for desert - Kunefe. So good that one day I'm going to come here just for the desert. Love having dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- has never let me downTapestryVIPDined on 10/20/2013Since the first time I came here Mivan has been a good experience. I come with friends and family and Mivan has not let us down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2013great neighborhood restaurant. good food and nice owners
- Tasty food in hole-in-wall settingHollyDined on 7/16/2013Mivan looks more like a coffee bar than a restaurant. Pretty nondescript setting, no decor to speak of, but the service was prompt and courteous and the food was very tasty. It's more of a place to grab a quick bite than to sit down and savor a meal. The servings are large. 3 of us shared 2 entrees and couldn't finish. The menu consists of the usual middle-eastern fare: kebabs, felafel, hummus, etc. It was listed as Greek cuisine, but if you're expecting an authentic Greek menu, you'll be disappointed. In general, I'd recommend Mivan's if you're looking for good food and quick service in a very casual cafe setting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- share and share alikeTapestryVIPDined on 7/7/2013I keep coming back here with different friends and everyone loves it as much as I do. I love introducing people to a place I enjoy so much and watching them enjoy it too. So glad I found this lovely place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good food...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2013consistently good food... and very nice people own itSpecial Features:
- Right in my own front yardTapestryVIPDined on 6/9/2013Checking out the neighborhood. Wanted to try something new. Found it on open table. Can't believe it was there all along and we never tried it. So we say and looked at the menu. So many options looked good. We tried a combo appetizer, fabulous home made bread, we each had a different entree and even though we still had leftovers from the appetizer and main course we had to share a desert. So glad we did. From the minute we walked in the door, looked into a smiling face and walked out with our leftovers, it was all good. What a lovely evening, great food and a new favorite place to have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always consistently good andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/6/2013always consistently good and reasonable. our go to spot. within walking distance of our homeSpecial Features:
- We were looking for good GreekFridayNiteDinnersVIPDined on 3/1/2013We were looking for good Greek food at a reasonable price. This is GREAT Greek food at an awesome price. Everything we had was wonderful - the Moussaka was not the traditional layered presentation but more of a casserole with everything fresh. The Combo plate had a huge pile of fresh, tender meats. The hummus and zucchini cakes were wonderful appetizers. We bought the house bottle of wine at $23, a real value and went well with everything we had. A great go-to place and we will become regulars there. The staff seemed like family, treating us as family too, with a lot of warmth and enough attention that we felt well cared for.Special Features:
- our go to restaurant. consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/8/2013our go to restaurant. consistently good food and friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- great neighborhood mediterraneanLisaBVIPDined on 1/11/2013Our go-to neighborhood place for Mediterranean food. Love the salmon. Kids love the chicken or lamb kebabs. The service is attentive, but not overwhelming. Very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Food was very fresh and tasty.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/1/2012Food was very fresh and tasty. The chicken kabobs were moist and had a lot of flavor. Would have liked to enjoy some wine with the meal, but the waiter was not familiar with the wine selections so we ordered beer. The service was friendly and appetizers and meals were timed appropriately. Parking is a nightmare during the evenings, but if I were to get lucky and find a parking spot, I would frequent Mivan more often.Special Features:
- Mivan is an standard lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2012Mivan is an standard lunch / casual dinner type of place with better-than-standard food. They have greek standards and a few innovations --- my friend had a all-cheese pizza that was excellent. Good value for the money --- I recommend it.
- Very nice family owned homeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/10/2012Very nice family owned home cooked meals. great price and friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- very good food, very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/28/2012very good food, very nice people. I had the tilapia which was great and my husband adana kebab.. Good portions, fresh bread and great pricesSpecial Features:
- small and more cafe like thanAlwayshonestVIPDined on 7/19/2012small and more cafe like than a restaurant, I had the hummas and babaganoush and it was good, but I didn't care for the pita sqaures, they didn't seem like they were made on site. Eggplant and lamb dish was delicious, and large portions. However, the atmosphere is more for lunch than dinner. I was there around 4 PM - in between. Great prices, I think they gave me the lunch prices.Special Features:
- I checked the reviews beforeluv2dine2VIPDined on 7/3/2012I checked the reviews before dinning, it had a 4 star rating overall. I wonder how this could be as my rating was 2 stars and we eat out often. It makes me wonder how the reviews are tracked and if they are accurate. I was very disappointed.
- my husband and i love thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/29/2012my husband and i love this place good food and nice serviceSpecial Features:
- Delicious food. ExcellentHappyVIPDined on 5/6/2012Delicious food. Excellent service. Nice menu selections. Easy neighborhood, casual choice. We've been before to Mivan and we'll be back again. Wonderful mediterranean food!Special Features:
- good food at a good price.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/4/2012good food at a good price. this is our go to spot. Consistent qualitySpecial Features:
- If, you want good food atOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/13/2012If, you want good food at a very reasonable price, this is it.Special Features:
- I made my reservation forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012I made my reservation for valentines dinner and was promised a corner table with camdle light over the phone but none of the promises happened. There was only one waiter who does both taking orders and serving the food. However, food was good and about average when it comes to pricing.Special Features:
- Mivan had delicious food andJLFergVIPDined on 12/16/2011Mivan had delicious food and excellent service. A friend and I met there for dinner for the first time. She ordered the veggie kebabs and I had the swordfish kebab special and we split the skewers between us. The food was flavored and cooked perfectly. The wait staff was friendly but left us to our own conversation, which we greatly appreciated. The only disappointing thing was that they weren't busier on a Friday night. Apparently not enough people know about this restaurant and those people are really missing out.Special Features:
- I had the tilapia this time.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/3/2011I had the tilapia this time. Very good, pan fried with capers. This is our go to restaurant. Consistenly good and very reasonable.Special Features:
- I had the stuffed eggplantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/5/2011I had the stuffed eggplant and it really yummy. We have in the past had the kefta kebab, adana kebab, and the chicken. They have all been very good. Almost everything comes with rice and salad, and bread. You get really good food for a really good value.Special Features:
- This is a great little hideawayJackieVIPDined on 9/4/2011This is a great little hideaway that serves good food at a very reasonable price. For lovers of Greek food, it is definitely worth a visit for lunch. You'll be pleasantly surprised unless you're into fancy.Special Features:
- really great food for a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2011really great food for a very reasonable price. very nice peopleSpecial Features: