Mity Nice Restaurant & Bar
Water Tower Place 835 N Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mity Nice Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mitynicechicago.com/
- Phone: 3123354745x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun 11am - 8:30pm
Mon-Th 11am - 9:30pm
Fri & Sat 11am - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: John Chiakulas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inquire with our Catering & Party Manager Adriana Gonzalez (312)335-3663 x. 354
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private seating for up to 60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Ana Gonzalez 3123353663x354
A word from Mity Nice Restaurant & Bar
Mity Nice Bar & Grill is modern comfort food; food you like to eat, familiar favorites with a twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Mity Nice Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Mity Nice Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (64)neighborhood gem (51)kid-friendly (46)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (19)great for brunch (18)special occasion (12)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Mity Nice - Was Not!TrixieVIPDined on 8/26/2014Stopped in here for lunch - I had some work I needed to finish while eating - I knew exactly what I wanted, so I did not need a menu. Waitress interpreted this as my being cold, etc. True, I had no interest in chatting with her- I had limited time. She also found it insulting that I did not want my water glass refilled - even though I was leaving - I asked for what I had not finished "to go" - I had not touched the soup, etc. This also became an issue with her - sending the bag over with the manager - who gave me the most sarcastic "Have a nice day" that I have ever heard. I also used a double or triple point card sent out by LEYE for frequent eating points-did not scratch it off in front of me, so I have to take her word for it.Special Features:
- A good place for a family outingWaterMeDined on 8/17/2014I have been to Mity Nice many times on different days and dining times. Each time that I have gone, I have been satisfied. This past Sunday after a recital we went as a family to eat. Double treat for me as the Pot Roast was on the menu. I have raved so much about it that my sister had to try it. We truly enjoyed it and both of us are not really meat eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELISHDrhugsDined on 8/10/2014Food is always great, but service can be iffy. We had the most fabulous server, Arturo. His shift ended, so we got Eric. He was nice enough but forgot the birthday celebration which was listed on our reservation. That was most disappointing. Whitefish was fabulous, and the gluten free menu is appreciated. I love all the lettuce restaurants. They are a cut above...now, please open a wildfire in summerlin, Las Vegas !!!!Special Features:
- A Quiet RetreatAngelaDVIPDined on 8/9/2014You can escape the hustle and bustle of the 'food court' FoodLife and Water Tower Place inside Mity Nice. Such a yummy spot!Special Features:
- love it!srawadeDined on 8/8/2014Eat here every time I'm at Water Tower. Fabulous menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchCityGirlDined on 7/30/2014Four of us went here for a friend's birthday lunch. We really enjoyed the food and our server was excellent. We were so glad we went there to celebrate the birthday.Special Features:
- Good Food and Good ServicePhillipMichaelVIPDined on 7/29/2014Mity Nice serves good food and gives good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gembarif0815Dined on 7/29/2014Until I did a search for gluten-free friendly restaurants at Water Tower Place, I had no idea this restaurant existed. It's tucked behind the food court area but separated so it doesn't feel like a mall food court. Drinks and lunch were very good & service was attentive. Probably a bit pricy for lunch but it is downtown Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly waiter but had a bad nightjustsomeguyVIPDined on 7/28/2014We were a party of four adults and a toddler (couple and their child visiting from out-of-town, staying downtown) on a weekday evening for dinner. We around for a recommendation downtown for dining with toddler. This place was highly reviewed as being accommodating and friendly. We enjoyed our meal and the staff was very nice and helpful, but the server was not having a good night - maybe they were down a person and the staff there was stretched thin. He messed up our drink order and overall was just not on top of things. But he was nice about it and very apologetic we were patient and understanding, so everything worked out fine. We'll probably return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+++ ServiceFood2dieforDined on 7/27/2014Our server was so helpful in guiding us around the menu. She made our experience over the top. The food was incredible! It was served fast but delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellent ExperienceHowardVIPDined on 7/26/2014My family and I are regulars at Mity Nice - - it's one of our favorite restaurants in the neighborhood. Special kudos to the greeter, Antoine, who warmly welcomes us each time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSpc1VIPDined on 7/26/2014Our party enjoyed all of the food. We tried a grilled chicken salad, special flatbread pizza with brussel sprouts and bacon and tuna salad sandwich. The pizza was unusual and delicious. It made me a fan of brussel sprouts. Nice popovers to start the meal. Service was quick and portions were a good size.Special Features:
- Renewed my Love for a good burger!sssmithDined on 7/25/2014I am not one who loves burgers...probably because I have never had one like this before. Cooked to perfection. Would highly recommend just for the burger. My wife also had the chicken tacos and they were also AMAZING. Would highly recommend to any one visiting Chicago!Special Features:
- not kid friendlyGreatPlaceBadNewMenuVIPDined on 7/24/2014food came out in pieces, did not bring a birthday treat at the end, needed to ask for it to go. kids seemed to be a bother to the surrounding tables.
- lilyDined on 7/17/2014The food was great and the waiter is very knowledge and very friendly.Special Features:
- Comfort Food in a Polished SettingrayearthpoisonDined on 7/10/2014First timer here! I took my friend who loves Americana food here for dinner and everything was choice! The menu offers a variety of things in big proportions. It's a little pricey (around 10 for dessert!) but the quality is there. The waiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food and servicebobcDined on 7/4/2014Ok, had a gift certificate and didn't know what to expect with it being in the food court. Went for lunch on the weekend, knew we wanted to have a glass of wine or two. After looking at the wine list online I decided to bring a bottle from home. Reasonable corkage, no problem at all. They also a short list of well chosen Chicago craft beers on tap. The food was very good, reasonably priced. Service was very good as well. Ambiance is ok, after all, it is in a food court. We were taking our time and our server was attentive but never rushed. All in all recommended.(we even got a few extra yummy cheesy rolls)Special Features:
- simpsonDined on 7/2/2014Our food selections were excellent and our waitress was friendly and attentive. The décor was boring and the noise level too high.Special Features:
- :)ABdiningoutVIPDined on 6/30/2014Love the fresh squeezed juices, kale salad & guacamole!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge menu, great foodErasmus69VIPDined on 6/28/2014Something for everybody here. Burgers, salads, etc. Service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd menujtheisDined on 6/26/2014I read good reviews so was surprised by the menu items. Didn't seem to be a specific theme but more of a bunch of unrelated items that shouldn't be together on the same menu. The two items we ordered weren't very good but the service was good.Special Features:
- JessDined on 6/17/2014I frequent Mity Nice on the regular basis because of its close proximity to my work. Also, I enjoy several items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent!MissPeachDined on 6/14/2014We typically eat at Mity Nice when we are at Water Tower. Great selection of menu items, service is always good, staff are friendly. Highly recommend, however, it is best to make a reservation for lunch due to large crowds at Water Tower. Wait can be very long.Special Features:
- As usual, a good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/11/2014We had a great pre Theater meal here. This is just basic good food - nothing fancy. The service was very good and our bill was a pleasant surprise with 3 drinks, 1 appetizer and 2 meals at $66.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunchdentistDined on 6/8/2014I usually choose this restaurant as a prelude to my attendance at a play at Lookingglass Theater. The food is good, service is quick and you can't beat the location in Water Tower Mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'Food sensitivities'UrbanchimamaDined on 6/7/2014Every single person in my family has a 'food sensitivity'. MNG is always accommodating so that we can actually have a nice meal out! #momkitchencooknightoff :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceMaryElleninChicagoDined on 6/7/2014My sister and I brought our 81 year old mother here for lunch. We were seated right away, our waiter greeted us immediately, was friendly and gave us really good service. We enjoyed our food and Mom's remembrance of her favorite meatloaf dish did not disappoint. I had the tuna burger with sweet potato fries which was excellent. My sister loved her chicken sandwich, which she said was cooked well and juicy. We like the modern look of the restaurant and appreciate that it's located separately from the very busy food court. Nice location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phillyPhillyVIPDined on 6/5/2014I havent been back to Mighty Nice in a long time. The food is very good as well as the service.Special Features:
- OutstandingMirageDined on 5/30/2014I've been to many restaurants. But this one tops the list in my opinion. The short ribs are so big, full of flavor, and tender. this is one Mighty Nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet & eatluvporkchopsDined on 5/29/2014Wonderful place through the years, good place to meet friends, great food. It just keeps getting better. I've been coming here for many years, and it never lets me down. I always recommend it to friends from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions Shrink While Prices RiseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/25/2014I guess the same can be said for a lot of restaurants these days. But if you're looking for a good value, keep on searching. New menu items ought to be labeled as appetizer portions at entree prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2014service was friendly, food was excellent and prices were great..had the chicken tacos and enjoyed them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewStuartVIPDined on 5/22/2014The turkey dinner has been a staple and one of our favorates over the years.A recent change is noticable.They eliminated their home made crandberry garnish that was excellent add on to the dinner.I assume for cost saving efforts.
- Gluten free delight!!KatyDined on 5/21/2014I've been with two people with gluten allergies and they can eat their bread... And it's delicious!! (Regardless if you have an allergy to wheat flour). I also recommend their blackberry margarita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pmb691Dined on 5/20/2014We both ordered the flatbread special. The salad was very good, the flatbread was just OK. The service was very slow, considering the restaurant wasn't really that busy when we were there. I probably won't go back.
- A Pleasant SurpriseExplorerDined on 5/18/2014I didn't expect much since it was in a restaurant tucked away in the Water Tower's food court; however, Mity Nice was just what the name implied. The appetizers were amazing, our hostess was fantastic and the main course was delicious. Perhaps the best part was how friendly the environment was for my daughter, despite the trendy interior.Special Features:
- Lunch at Mite NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014Had a great time. Excellent service and great food.Special Features:
- eata7otVIPDined on 5/16/2014My meal was wonderful, from warm popovers to a fragrant salad (honey-champagne dressing!) to a strong local ale. The service was very good, both efficient and friendly. I enjoyed my experience there very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast but Sloppy ServiceEagle779VIPDined on 5/16/2014As usual, the restaurant served well-prepared comfort food in pleasant, casual surroundings. Our server seemed harried, rushing around to keep up with the diners. The food came out of the kitchen remarkably fast, just minutes after we ordered, but drinks were slower, and our server had to be reminded of our drink orders. This would be a good place to eat if you're going to a play nearby and you're running late, especially if you're not too thirsty.Special Features:
- difficult to findsuziqVIPDined on 5/14/2014located behind the food court makes it difficult to locate but the food is usually very good. Hard to get great service before aplay seemed tight to get seated and servedSpecial Features: