Mity Nice Restaurant & Bar
Water Tower Place 835 N Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mity Nice Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mitynicechicago.com/
- Phone: 3123354745x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun 11am - 8:30pm
Mon-Th 11am - 9:30pm
Fri & Sat 11am - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: John Chiakulas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inquire with our Catering & Party Manager Adriana Gonzalez (312)335-3663 x. 354
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private seating for up to 60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Ana Gonzalez 3123353663x354
A word from Mity Nice Restaurant & Bar
Mity Nice Bar & Grill is modern comfort food; food you like to eat, familiar favorites with a twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Mity Nice Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Mity Nice Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (71)neighborhood gem (60)kid-friendly (51)good for groups (36)fit for foodies (21)great for brunch (19)special occasion (15)hot spot (8)romantic (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Tried and TrueSueChiTownVIPDined on 9/13/2014Consistently good food. The best flatbread in town. Tonight's was made with white cheddar, tomato, avocado and arugula on an ultra-thin crisp crust. Also ordered was chicken paillard, which also received a good report. Good restaurant for comfort food.Special Features:
- Always Great Service!picpacVIPDined on 9/13/2014Menu changes seasonally and is consistently good comfort food. Hamburgers and veggie burgers solid. Great fries. Salads and apps are also solid. Had seasonal heirloom tomato sale that was simple and great. Mac and cheese app for my entree. It was creamy which a nice sharpness that made it for grown ups too. Staff is always helpful, friendly, and courteous. The back wall proclaims: mean people are ugly -- a motto and decor. It seems to be an unconscious call for everyone to behave -- and they do.Special Features:
- DarnellaDined on 9/11/2014The food was pretty good, but the cheese bread were not warm, and a few were stale. I was really dissappointed becasue I bragged to a relative of mine that I brought there that the bread was delicious. Also, the alcupoco salad did not have enough meat on it, and I had to order some. The hostess charged me $2 bucks instead of the $3 that is usually ordered. I was dissapoointed. Darnella Vaughn--reservation 5:30 9/11/2014Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy2commentDined on 9/11/2014When I told the host that I was meeting a friend I had not seen in 45 years, he seated me in a booth facing the entry so I could see everyone coming and spot her! When she came, we were so busy talking that the waiter came back 3 times before we paused long enough to look at our menus, though he did offer us a 2nd round of those delicious cheese puffs to go with the prosecco. The food, as always, was delicious: the kale and quinoa salad was spectacular and my husband was very grateful for the leftover barbecue chicken flatbread I brought him-but on this visit it was the service that really stood out. We talked and talked for 2 hours during a busy lunch service (and tipped accordingly) and the waiter even took photos for us on our way out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK.Luv2dineVIPDined on 9/9/2014I've been a couple times. This was just ok, I usually get the chopped salad but opted for the southwest(can't remember the exact name) but I felt that it tasted exactly like the chopped, no difference just maybe w back beans and tortillas chips. It really didn't have that much flavor. So, I would maybe think twice to go back there again,Or maybe try a different salad with a different lettuce, because all the salads have iceberg lettuce(chopped) taste the same, just a different components it their.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable and consistentieabarryDined on 9/6/2014That's right - same food (crusted whitefish, pot roast, decent burger, etc.) along with a couple forays into seasonal fresh or Mexican fare as has been offered forever. Well located in the Water Tower complex, just venture behind the food court (don't forget your "pass" to return without a receipt) - seems that menus are seasonally changing, thus not all menu items available on a Saturday night. Never could get a house red wine - some bar trouble. Worth the easy going atmosphere - a reasonably priced meal in the middle of everything before a Lookingglass production. Mity Nice is a partner of the theater, but offers no "perk". Won't go wrong for a "no brainer" - decent familiar choices well executed.Special Features:
- Always great service & amazing foodFestOfLitesDined on 9/6/2014Set in the back of the food court, but the best service. The meat is always cooked perfectly. Generous portions. Home cooking. Fresh food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very goodiFoundwords2Dined on 8/31/2014Mity Nice does comfort food extremely well. The wait staff is consistently attentive, service is prompt, and it's in a quiet and cozy spot at the back of Foodlife. Have taken many out of town guests here through the years and all have been pleased, wanted to return on their next Chicago visit. Reliably tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mity Nice - Was Not!TrixieVIPDined on 8/26/2014Stopped in here for lunch - I had some work I needed to finish while eating - I knew exactly what I wanted, so I did not need a menu. Waitress interpreted this as my being cold, etc. True, I had no interest in chatting with her- I had limited time. She also found it insulting that I did not want my water glass refilled - even though I was leaving - I asked for what I had not finished "to go" - I had not touched the soup, etc. This also became an issue with her - sending the bag over with the manager - who gave me the most sarcastic "Have a nice day" that I have ever heard. I also used a double or triple point card sent out by LEYE for frequent eating points-did not scratch it off in front of me, so I have to take her word for it.Special Features:
- A good place for a family outingWaterMeDined on 8/17/2014I have been to Mity Nice many times on different days and dining times. Each time that I have gone, I have been satisfied. This past Sunday after a recital we went as a family to eat. Double treat for me as the Pot Roast was on the menu. I have raved so much about it that my sister had to try it. We truly enjoyed it and both of us are not really meat eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELISHDrhugsDined on 8/10/2014Food is always great, but service can be iffy. We had the most fabulous server, Arturo. His shift ended, so we got Eric. He was nice enough but forgot the birthday celebration which was listed on our reservation. That was most disappointing. Whitefish was fabulous, and the gluten free menu is appreciated. I love all the lettuce restaurants. They are a cut above...now, please open a wildfire in summerlin, Las Vegas !!!!Special Features:
- A Quiet RetreatAngelaDVIPDined on 8/9/2014You can escape the hustle and bustle of the 'food court' FoodLife and Water Tower Place inside Mity Nice. Such a yummy spot!Special Features:
- love it!srawadeDined on 8/8/2014Eat here every time I'm at Water Tower. Fabulous menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchCityGirlDined on 7/30/2014Four of us went here for a friend's birthday lunch. We really enjoyed the food and our server was excellent. We were so glad we went there to celebrate the birthday.Special Features:
- Good Food and Good ServicePhillipMichaelVIPDined on 7/29/2014Mity Nice serves good food and gives good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gembarif0815Dined on 7/29/2014Until I did a search for gluten-free friendly restaurants at Water Tower Place, I had no idea this restaurant existed. It's tucked behind the food court area but separated so it doesn't feel like a mall food court. Drinks and lunch were very good & service was attentive. Probably a bit pricy for lunch but it is downtown Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly waiter but had a bad nightjustsomeguyVIPDined on 7/28/2014We were a party of four adults and a toddler (couple and their child visiting from out-of-town, staying downtown) on a weekday evening for dinner. We around for a recommendation downtown for dining with toddler. This place was highly reviewed as being accommodating and friendly. We enjoyed our meal and the staff was very nice and helpful, but the server was not having a good night - maybe they were down a person and the staff there was stretched thin. He messed up our drink order and overall was just not on top of things. But he was nice about it and very apologetic we were patient and understanding, so everything worked out fine. We'll probably return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+++ ServiceFood2dieforDined on 7/27/2014Our server was so helpful in guiding us around the menu. She made our experience over the top. The food was incredible! It was served fast but delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellent ExperienceHowardVIPDined on 7/26/2014My family and I are regulars at Mity Nice - - it's one of our favorite restaurants in the neighborhood. Special kudos to the greeter, Antoine, who warmly welcomes us each time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSpc1VIPDined on 7/26/2014Our party enjoyed all of the food. We tried a grilled chicken salad, special flatbread pizza with brussel sprouts and bacon and tuna salad sandwich. The pizza was unusual and delicious. It made me a fan of brussel sprouts. Nice popovers to start the meal. Service was quick and portions were a good size.Special Features:
- Renewed my Love for a good burger!sssmithDined on 7/25/2014I am not one who loves burgers...probably because I have never had one like this before. Cooked to perfection. Would highly recommend just for the burger. My wife also had the chicken tacos and they were also AMAZING. Would highly recommend to any one visiting Chicago!Special Features:
- not kid friendlyGreatPlaceBadNewMenuVIPDined on 7/24/2014food came out in pieces, did not bring a birthday treat at the end, needed to ask for it to go. kids seemed to be a bother to the surrounding tables.
- lilyDined on 7/17/2014The food was great and the waiter is very knowledge and very friendly.Special Features:
- Comfort Food in a Polished SettingrayearthpoisonDined on 7/10/2014First timer here! I took my friend who loves Americana food here for dinner and everything was choice! The menu offers a variety of things in big proportions. It's a little pricey (around 10 for dessert!) but the quality is there. The waiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food and servicebobcDined on 7/4/2014Ok, had a gift certificate and didn't know what to expect with it being in the food court. Went for lunch on the weekend, knew we wanted to have a glass of wine or two. After looking at the wine list online I decided to bring a bottle from home. Reasonable corkage, no problem at all. They also a short list of well chosen Chicago craft beers on tap. The food was very good, reasonably priced. Service was very good as well. Ambiance is ok, after all, it is in a food court. We were taking our time and our server was attentive but never rushed. All in all recommended.(we even got a few extra yummy cheesy rolls)Special Features:
- simpsonDined on 7/2/2014Our food selections were excellent and our waitress was friendly and attentive. The décor was boring and the noise level too high.Special Features:
- :)ABdiningoutVIPDined on 6/30/2014Love the fresh squeezed juices, kale salad & guacamole!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge menu, great foodErasmus69VIPDined on 6/28/2014Something for everybody here. Burgers, salads, etc. Service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd menujtheisDined on 6/26/2014I read good reviews so was surprised by the menu items. Didn't seem to be a specific theme but more of a bunch of unrelated items that shouldn't be together on the same menu. The two items we ordered weren't very good but the service was good.Special Features:
- JessDined on 6/17/2014I frequent Mity Nice on the regular basis because of its close proximity to my work. Also, I enjoy several items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent!MissPeachDined on 6/14/2014We typically eat at Mity Nice when we are at Water Tower. Great selection of menu items, service is always good, staff are friendly. Highly recommend, however, it is best to make a reservation for lunch due to large crowds at Water Tower. Wait can be very long.Special Features:
- As usual, a good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/11/2014We had a great pre Theater meal here. This is just basic good food - nothing fancy. The service was very good and our bill was a pleasant surprise with 3 drinks, 1 appetizer and 2 meals at $66.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunchdentistDined on 6/8/2014I usually choose this restaurant as a prelude to my attendance at a play at Lookingglass Theater. The food is good, service is quick and you can't beat the location in Water Tower Mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'Food sensitivities'UrbanchimamaDined on 6/7/2014Every single person in my family has a 'food sensitivity'. MNG is always accommodating so that we can actually have a nice meal out! #momkitchencooknightoff :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceMaryElleninChicagoDined on 6/7/2014My sister and I brought our 81 year old mother here for lunch. We were seated right away, our waiter greeted us immediately, was friendly and gave us really good service. We enjoyed our food and Mom's remembrance of her favorite meatloaf dish did not disappoint. I had the tuna burger with sweet potato fries which was excellent. My sister loved her chicken sandwich, which she said was cooked well and juicy. We like the modern look of the restaurant and appreciate that it's located separately from the very busy food court. Nice location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phillyPhillyVIPDined on 6/5/2014I havent been back to Mighty Nice in a long time. The food is very good as well as the service.Special Features:
- OutstandingMirageDined on 5/30/2014I've been to many restaurants. But this one tops the list in my opinion. The short ribs are so big, full of flavor, and tender. this is one Mighty Nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet & eatluvporkchopsDined on 5/29/2014Wonderful place through the years, good place to meet friends, great food. It just keeps getting better. I've been coming here for many years, and it never lets me down. I always recommend it to friends from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions Shrink While Prices RiseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/25/2014I guess the same can be said for a lot of restaurants these days. But if you're looking for a good value, keep on searching. New menu items ought to be labeled as appetizer portions at entree prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2014service was friendly, food was excellent and prices were great..had the chicken tacos and enjoyed them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.