Mity Nice Restaurant & Bar
Water Tower Place 835 N Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mity Nice Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mitynicechicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 335-4745
- Hours of Operation:
Sun 11am - 8:30pm
Mon-Th 11am - 9:30pm
Fri & Sat 11am - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: John Chiakulas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inquire with our Catering & Party Manager Adriana Gonzalez (312)335-3663 x. 354
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private seating for up to 60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Ana Gonzalez 3123353663x354
A word from Mity Nice Restaurant & Bar
Mity Nice Bar & Grill is modern comfort food; food you like to eat, familiar favorites with a twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Mity Nice Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Mity Nice Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (74)great for lunch (65)kid-friendly (47)good for groups (38)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (15)great for brunch (15)hot spot (5)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great food, greater server.Palms3VIPDined on 11/23/2014Charlie was an excellent waiter. You should keep him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gluten free meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Tried Mity Nice for the first time. So glad I did. I have a gluten allergy so dining out isn't always easy. They have a nice gluten free menu with salads, fish, chicken and burgers. Most surprising to me was that they brought out gluten free dinner rolls! They also offered gluten free desert selections. Tried their pumpkin pie and it was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Oasis in the MallOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2014Great comfort food. Awesome service. Comfy seats. Nice get away from hectic shopping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemHowardVIPDined on 11/22/2014We consistently have great meals at Mity Nice Grill, with excellent food and attentive service. This is a neighborhood favorite of ours. A special shout-out to the host at the reception desk, Kyle, who always welcomes us and makes us feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mittyniceismittyniceglad2havefoundFoundDined on 11/20/2014Four of us went to Mitty Nice Restaurant & Bar before attending a play at Lookingglass Theater. We mentioned to our server that we didn't have extra time as we had a 7:30 show to make. He was very attentive and made sure we had plenty of time to enjoy our dinner without feeling rushed. I ordered the Chicken Pot Pie, which was outstanding. Large, tasty pieces of chicken with peas and carrots in a sauce that was tasty and not gooey and thick. The crust was the best I've ever had. The other three people had different items and everyone was pleased. Prices are moderate, which makes Mitty Nice a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate for a Quick BiteEagle779VIPDined on 11/17/2014Mity Nice is an urban diner with some pretty good comfort food - a step up from Cracker Barrel. The turkey chili was thick and flavorful, the guacamole was good but bland, although it came with some mild salsa on the side which helped a bit. The "Thanksgiving Dinner" of turkey breast, stuffing and green beans evoked the Holiday, although the tiny cup of cranberry sauce was not nearly enough, and the dish could have used some mashed potatoes. There's no real wine list, but there are a few modest wines available by the glass or bottle at reasonable prices, and a good selection of beers. Our server was forgetful and peripatetic. Everything came almost at once. Some items came only after we reminded him, and some never came at all. He was clearing while we were eating, trying to get us to order dessert before we finished the meal, and bringing the check when he served the dessert. Overall, an adequate place for a quick bite post-shopping or pre-theater, or anytime you're in a hurry to scarf down a meal and get it over with.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for carnivoresPat231Dined on 11/17/2014Mity Nice is a good restaurant for those unconcerned about fat and caloric intake. If you are a health conscious vegetarian, like me, don't go. Your choices are very limited and the food subpar. It is great for meat eaters and those who love fries and chips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SahteinDined on 11/13/2014Mity Nice allows some escape from all the traffic & noise of Water Tower Place and the food court. We enjoyed a salad lunch with modifications easily allowed. Fortunately, the layout is for adults while the strollers tend to stay out in the food court area. Glad we had a reservation. Holiday traffic can result in a long wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious mealRobnTeegsMomDined on 11/9/2014Dined here on a Sunday evening before attending a play at the Broadway Playhouse. We did tell our server we were attending a play so as to alert her that we didn't want to be late for that. The service was pretty slow. Our server, who was very nice, did apologize and explained that the kitchen was running behind. That said, the food was outstanding. We had the chicken terri d and the fish and chips. Both dishes were well executed. We're looking forward to returning and trying more items from the menu.
- Mity nice spotnelsfergDined on 11/8/2014Reliably good and calm spot tucked into the back of the hubbub of Food Life at Water Tower. Lake Superior whitefish is especially good but have been here many times with out-of-towners and have consistently enjoyed great meals with attentive (if sometimes busy) service. Very cozy ambiance. Cheesy popovers are scrumptious! On weekends, it remains busy from lunch through dinner so make a reservation to avoid a wait.Special Features:
- Very Best Comfort FoodHowardVIPDined on 11/8/2014My family and I are regulars at Mity Nice, we dine there several times a month. The food is consistently excellent, the service is always top-notch, and the prices are very reasonable. I particularly recommend the signature plates, a delicious selection of a variety of comfort food dishes. Despite its location in the Water Tower Place Shopping Center, Mity Nice is not your typical mall restaurant - - it's actually a very personable local spot for many of our neighbors in Streeterville and the Gold Coast, with a "Cheers" vibe to it. I want to give a special shout-out to Antoine, the host, and to Elyse, one of the managers, who always make my family feel very welcome and at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort FoodsavoryeatsDined on 11/6/2014Great food, good prices, very good service. great place for theatre and shopping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly deliciousoliviaDined on 11/2/2014My husband and I ate dinner here Sunday evening. Didn't expect much given it is in the middle of a tourist trap, but was surprised by the quality of the food and service. Chicken nachos, chicken tacos, and salmon were great. Our server Omar was prompt, courteous, and went out of his way to accommodate our special food requests. Would return.Special Features:
- wonderful food, far above meatloafAtlantaJaneVIPDined on 10/24/2014Our party of 7 had a wonderful Friday night dinner at Mity Nice. The menu was creative, the food tasted great, the prices were reasonable, the bar list met our needs, and the service was friendly and competent. The only bad part was that one seat at our table kept getting brushed by passing waiters coming out of the kitchen. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- good old standbyKalexDined on 10/22/2014I have been going to Mity Nice for many years now. The food is always good, fresh, and the portions are generous. Service can range from excellent to a bit 'dippy'....my friend and I met up for lunch....she ordered a tuna sandwich, I ordered the flatbread. The server confirmed that my friend wanted the 'tuna salad' sandwich, not the ahi tuna burger. But, much to her surprise, what was delivered was a crispy chicken sandwich! After she indicated that the order was wrong, there was another delay while they made what she'd asked for. I understand, mistakes happen, but for most of us who only get an hour for lunch, this can really mess up our schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very "meh"OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014It's not bad, but it's not good either. It was a very unremarkable and underwhelming experience. We had high hopes, due to Yelp ratings and the fact that it's a Lettuce restaurant. But when we left, we felt like we had wasted Saturday dinner. The food was just very "meh." I ordered the cheeseburger, but when it came it wasn't medium as ordered. The fries were covered in seasoning, so much so that I was wiping my fingers on a napkin after each one, but somehow we couldn't taste any flavor on them at all. It's just not a destination by any means and it's certainly not a good place to take a date for dinner. Our motivation for going was that it's a Lettuce spot and I got a $20 coupon in the mail. I wouldn't go back unless I got another one.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodwaldmkaVIPDined on 10/18/2014Didn't expect food this good from Water Tower Place, which is essentially a mall. I would definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a quiet oasis away from the crowds!SuburbaniteVIPDined on 10/16/2014The restaurant is a quiet place to enjoy lunch away from the crowds and people. You did have to make your way through the crowded food court area to get to the back where the restaurant is located, but it's well worth it. The service is always quick and the wait staff is always pleasant. The cheese popoves are delicious and they will refill your basket should you request more of them which we often do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected....ShellyVIPDined on 10/15/2014Based on other reviews, I thought this would be a nice restaurant to have dinner at before the show at the WaterTower Theatre. There is not much in the way of "ambiance". The service was fine, but the food was only mediocre. My date had the chicken enchiladas which he enjoyed, but my Acapulco salad came without the advertised avocados and fire roasted poblanos, and had maybe 2 ounces of chicken.
- Great glute-free menueatarved79Dined on 10/14/2014The restaurant had its own gluten-free menu, which offered numerous options. I had a sandwich and vegetables and it was very good. I appreciated that I had a choice among meals, as I find not too many restaurants promise gluten-free fare and actually deliver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for FamiliesLolacatDined on 10/12/2014Had supper here with another family. Kids were 2, 6, 7 and 10. Lots of kid friendly choices on the menu. Perfect environment for a family supper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mity Nice is only Some what NiceSapphireSky11Dined on 10/10/2014At 1st our waiter seemed helpful and friendly however, he disappeared for 75% of the meal, never asked us "How our dinner was & didn't inquire about the 2 year Anniversary." Pretty disappointing for our 1st time experience at Mity Nice. The food was average, nothing special. We ordered burgers which came nicely charred on the outside, cooked medium but, no juiciness to the meat. The mac 'n cheese, could have been thicker and cheesier. The potato crisps, borderline burnt. However, the seasonal Brie Cheese & Apple flat bread was tasty. I hope "G" our waiter split our tip 50/50 with the servers and bus boy, cause they are really the ones who did most of the work.Special Features:
- Smaller portions each timeFussyDinerVIPDined on 10/7/2014The Acapulco salad, my favorite dish, is getting smaller each time I go to Mity Nice. Partner ordered meatloaf which was so salty, his thrust resulted in drinking water all day.Special Features:
- Tommydz71Dined on 9/19/2014First time found it very enjoyable, could use more vegatarian entrees , found veggie burger very enjoyable. Server was very good but hard to understand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried and TrueSueChiTownVIPDined on 9/13/2014Consistently good food. The best flatbread in town. Tonight's was made with white cheddar, tomato, avocado and arugula on an ultra-thin crisp crust. Also ordered was chicken paillard, which also received a good report. Good restaurant for comfort food.Special Features:
- Always Great Service!picpacVIPDined on 9/13/2014Menu changes seasonally and is consistently good comfort food. Hamburgers and veggie burgers solid. Great fries. Salads and apps are also solid. Had seasonal heirloom tomato sale that was simple and great. Mac and cheese app for my entree. It was creamy which a nice sharpness that made it for grown ups too. Staff is always helpful, friendly, and courteous. The back wall proclaims: mean people are ugly -- a motto and decor. It seems to be an unconscious call for everyone to behave -- and they do.Special Features:
- DarnellaDined on 9/11/2014The food was pretty good, but the cheese bread were not warm, and a few were stale. I was really dissappointed becasue I bragged to a relative of mine that I brought there that the bread was delicious. Also, the alcupoco salad did not have enough meat on it, and I had to order some. The hostess charged me $2 bucks instead of the $3 that is usually ordered. I was dissapoointed. Darnella Vaughn--reservation 5:30 9/11/2014Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy2commentDined on 9/11/2014When I told the host that I was meeting a friend I had not seen in 45 years, he seated me in a booth facing the entry so I could see everyone coming and spot her! When she came, we were so busy talking that the waiter came back 3 times before we paused long enough to look at our menus, though he did offer us a 2nd round of those delicious cheese puffs to go with the prosecco. The food, as always, was delicious: the kale and quinoa salad was spectacular and my husband was very grateful for the leftover barbecue chicken flatbread I brought him-but on this visit it was the service that really stood out. We talked and talked for 2 hours during a busy lunch service (and tipped accordingly) and the waiter even took photos for us on our way out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK.Luv2dineVIPDined on 9/9/2014I've been a couple times. This was just ok, I usually get the chopped salad but opted for the southwest(can't remember the exact name) but I felt that it tasted exactly like the chopped, no difference just maybe w back beans and tortillas chips. It really didn't have that much flavor. So, I would maybe think twice to go back there again,Or maybe try a different salad with a different lettuce, because all the salads have iceberg lettuce(chopped) taste the same, just a different components it their.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable and consistentieabarryDined on 9/6/2014That's right - same food (crusted whitefish, pot roast, decent burger, etc.) along with a couple forays into seasonal fresh or Mexican fare as has been offered forever. Well located in the Water Tower complex, just venture behind the food court (don't forget your "pass" to return without a receipt) - seems that menus are seasonally changing, thus not all menu items available on a Saturday night. Never could get a house red wine - some bar trouble. Worth the easy going atmosphere - a reasonably priced meal in the middle of everything before a Lookingglass production. Mity Nice is a partner of the theater, but offers no "perk". Won't go wrong for a "no brainer" - decent familiar choices well executed.Special Features:
- Always great service & amazing foodFestOfLitesDined on 9/6/2014Set in the back of the food court, but the best service. The meat is always cooked perfectly. Generous portions. Home cooking. Fresh food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very goodiFoundwords2Dined on 8/31/2014Mity Nice does comfort food extremely well. The wait staff is consistently attentive, service is prompt, and it's in a quiet and cozy spot at the back of Foodlife. Have taken many out of town guests here through the years and all have been pleased, wanted to return on their next Chicago visit. Reliably tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mity Nice - Was Not!TrixieVIPDined on 8/26/2014Stopped in here for lunch - I had some work I needed to finish while eating - I knew exactly what I wanted, so I did not need a menu. Waitress interpreted this as my being cold, etc. True, I had no interest in chatting with her- I had limited time. She also found it insulting that I did not want my water glass refilled - even though I was leaving - I asked for what I had not finished "to go" - I had not touched the soup, etc. This also became an issue with her - sending the bag over with the manager - who gave me the most sarcastic "Have a nice day" that I have ever heard. I also used a double or triple point card sent out by LEYE for frequent eating points-did not scratch it off in front of me, so I have to take her word for it.Special Features:
- A good place for a family outingWaterMeDined on 8/17/2014I have been to Mity Nice many times on different days and dining times. Each time that I have gone, I have been satisfied. This past Sunday after a recital we went as a family to eat. Double treat for me as the Pot Roast was on the menu. I have raved so much about it that my sister had to try it. We truly enjoyed it and both of us are not really meat eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELISHDrhugsDined on 8/10/2014Food is always great, but service can be iffy. We had the most fabulous server, Arturo. His shift ended, so we got Eric. He was nice enough but forgot the birthday celebration which was listed on our reservation. That was most disappointing. Whitefish was fabulous, and the gluten free menu is appreciated. I love all the lettuce restaurants. They are a cut above...now, please open a wildfire in summerlin, Las Vegas !!!!Special Features:
- A Quiet RetreatAngelaDVIPDined on 8/9/2014You can escape the hustle and bustle of the 'food court' FoodLife and Water Tower Place inside Mity Nice. Such a yummy spot!Special Features:
- love it!srawadeDined on 8/8/2014Eat here every time I'm at Water Tower. Fabulous menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchCityGirlDined on 7/30/2014Four of us went here for a friend's birthday lunch. We really enjoyed the food and our server was excellent. We were so glad we went there to celebrate the birthday.Special Features:
- Good Food and Good ServicePhillipMichaelVIPDined on 7/29/2014Mity Nice serves good food and gives good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gembarif0815Dined on 7/29/2014Until I did a search for gluten-free friendly restaurants at Water Tower Place, I had no idea this restaurant existed. It's tucked behind the food court area but separated so it doesn't feel like a mall food court. Drinks and lunch were very good & service was attentive. Probably a bit pricy for lunch but it is downtown Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.