12033 Beach Blvd
Stanton, CA 90680Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mitsuyoshi-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (714) 898-2156
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Takehiko Seki
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Harumi Petersen 7148982156
A word from Mitsuyoshi Restaurant
Mitsuyoshi Restaurant offers authentic yet contemporary Japanese cuisine in a simple and calming dining atmosphere. Over the years, our chef has perfected each dish on the menu to create a tasteful selection of enjoyable Japanese dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mitsuyoshi Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- The real thingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014I recommend Mitsuyoshi for special occasions. The food quality, preparation effort and flavors are outstanding and worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed2fussyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Fried oysters were overcooked. The batter was burnt. Soup was served with the meal used to be first, salad is on the entrée plate now not served before. We were ignored when we complained about the oysters, not even a sorry!!! Come here often and this is our first negative experience. Not sure we will be back.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Been coming to Mitsuyoshi's for years. This is the first time that I was not happy. Prices ridiculously high for what you get. The quality of food has gone way way down.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014The food was okay. It was not great but fresh and what I would call just okay. The service was very slow. We had to wit more than 25 minutes just for our first sushi!Special Features:
- Sit at the sushi bar!RoadWarriorAZVIPDined on 8/28/2014I had a great conversation with the Japanese sushi chef on a weeknight that wasn't very busy. He provided great guidance on what was fresh, including an exceptional maguro (tuna) that was beautiful and a couple "homestyle" Japanese hand rolls. I appreciated that he subtly steered me away from things that he didn't think were in peak form. So if you can, sit at the sushi bar and I think they will steer you in the right direction!Special Features:
- The following 87 reviews are from the Mitsuyoshi Restaurant reviews archive.
- great foodfoodieDined on 6/24/2014Our dinners were great, the food is always fresh and tasty. The portions were generous.Special Features:
- Authentic Japanese ExperienceRosslovesgoodserviceDined on 5/23/2014Mitsuyoshi is the essence of a classy Japanese restaurant. The food is delicious and authentic but, more importantly, the gracious service is the best part of the meal. Call for a reservation and bring your family and friends for a very special meal. It will soon become one of your favorites. Masami-San, Toshi-San, and Harumi-San work hard to keep you happy and they will soon become great friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Highest Quality Japanese Food!RosslovesgoodserviceDined on 5/9/2014From the moment you open the authentic Japanese wooden door, to the gracious welcome you receive, you know you're somewhere special. The freshest ingredients and the thoughtful preparation create a meal that satisfies all of your senses. The servers are professionals that know what the diners want and the presentation is picture worthy. Call ahead and make a reservation for one of the most enjoyable meals you will ever have.Special Features:
- Very authentic service andGerardDined on 3/6/2014Very authentic service and cuisine. Clean place, excellent fresh food and all servers were attentive and worked to please.Special Features:
- Real Japanese RestaurantMitzyDined on 3/1/2014This restraurant is recomended by Japanese people as real Japanese restaurant. I have been almost 20 years using this restaurnt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice selection of traditionalOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/15/2014Nice selection of traditional Japanese dishes. Friendly wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Dinner49ermanDined on 2/14/2014Reservation time was met , greeted in Japanese and English by courteous waitress/host . We started out with a Calamari appetizer and an order of California Rolls .Salad was fresh and had a nice tasting dressing . We then had for our main course of Tempura - Chicken Teriyaki and Tempura - Beef Teriyaki . Food and service was good , we enjoyed everything and definitely will go back again. The restaurant is on the noisy side especially being Valentines Day and the place was packed .Special Features:
- Good Authentic Japanese FoodCjg13VIPDined on 1/28/2014I travel to the area about four times per year and I almost always have lunch or dinner here. The food is consistently very good and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Japanese FoodCindyDined on 12/31/2013This restaurant was recommended to me by a first generation Japanese client about 14 yrs ago. It is classic Japanese cuisine made with excellent quality protein and fresh produce and ingredients. I love the little clams in my miso soup! For New Years Eve, my family and I have come to Mitsuyoshi many years for a nice, traditional Japanese dinner to bring in the New Year. The receptionists and servers are very polite and friendly. If you want authentic Japanese food done right, with genuine Japanese ambience, Mitsuyoshi is the right place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Japanese food in thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/5/2013Good Japanese food in this location. Quiet enough to have a business lunch and service is prompt.Special Features:
- YumCarolynVIPDined on 10/26/2013Our family loved all of the food and great service. My son and DIL said their sushi was the best they've had. My DH doesn't like sushi so had beef teriyaki and couldn't stop talking about it!Special Features:
- Good food. Great service.LeBartenderDined on 10/4/2013I enjoyed my time here. Although, very quiet - to the point of finding myself whispering to my date, the ambience is pleasant. The server was very attentive and informative. The menu offers more than the average sushi bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitsuyoshi in Stanton, CATSpenceParkCityDined on 9/24/2013We live in a resort town, so we have lots of great Zagot rated restaurants to compare to. Mitsuyoshi was very enjoyable; excellent food, fair price, good wine list. Service was excellent too, though we ate early, 5:30pm, not too many people there yet, that may have contributed to the excellent service. One of the best Japanese restaurants we have ever ate at in several states.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/24/2013They need to hire more staff. They have very poor customer service because they are short staffed. Lunch takes too long because of that but food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authenticp47kojiDined on 7/2/2013My date and I decided to both order their chirashi. It was very good and was prepared by Japan trained sushi chefs. We also had their home made Tsukamoto - really, really good! Servers were Japanese so the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always dine here when in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2013We love the food here, it is authentic and delicious! And they also have a children's meal, which our kids love. We always come back when we are in town as we are never disappointed! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, one of the bestDocforwineVIPDined on 4/27/2013As always, one of the best traditional Japanese restaurant in Orange County!!Special Features:
- Very authentic Japanese restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/27/2013Very authentic Japanese restaurant. Good food and service was good (despite other online reviews).Special Features:
- Food was amazing. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/7/2013Food was amazing. The service was off for a table of 6. I would have rated it less however, instead of forgetting a beverage we received the same beverage twice.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013This restaurant has benefit for dating, for couples who have anniversaries in romantic style. The dessert my girlfriend had was a redbean soup with mochi, and I had a Green tea ice cream. The soup tasted alittle over-sweetened that no one could take after one bite. Moreover, the service was great.Special Features:
- I liked the sushi. It wasMine247Dined on 2/14/2013I liked the sushi. It was fresh and tasty. Their house sake was really good too! The servers were very nice, but we always had a different server checking on our table, so they would occasionally forget about our requests. It may have been because it was valentines day and the place was pretty packed. You could also tell they had to deal with some rude people. And they all handled it really well overall. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding.foodieDined on 2/14/2013The food was outstanding. The service was slow, but it was valentines day and the food more than made up for it,Special Features:
- I was in Anaheim for a businessTheLogosDined on 2/12/2013I was in Anaheim for a business trip and we decided we wanted some sushi for dinner. Mitsuyoshi is about 10-15 minutes away from the Convention Center/Disneyland, depending on traffic. I had a "small" cold sake, and I thought the caraffe I was brought was a pretty generous size (though it may be standard, I don't have sake very often). Between the four of us, we ate at least one order of each item on the sushi roll menu, a few pieces of nigiri, and a couple second helpings of the regular sushi. I'm not really a connoisseur, but I eat sushi a few times a month and this was definitely pretty good. Fish was fresh, and flavors were nicely combined in the big rolls. Overall, I was very happy with the taste and value.
- Food was very good. TempuraOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Food was very good. Tempura was delicious, fish was excellent fresh. This is an authentic Japanese restaurant.
- The good was great and tasty.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012The good was great and tasty. Though it did not ruin the flavor of the tempura I ordered, the oil used to cook it was a little old/used. I got the tempura udon and caterpillar roll and recommend both.Special Features:
- Treat Yourself or Your Group!ABitPriceyVIPDined on 12/13/2012We went for a business meal and the food and service were very good. Unassuming location which makes it feel a bit more comfortable and relaxed. Every item was delicious ...Special Features:
- Good for a business lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/5/2012Good for a business lunch. The day we went it was quite crowded. Our party was in a hurry for the bill, but it was a bit difficult to flag down our server. Otherwise, no complaints. Food is good reasonable. Would come back again.Special Features:
- This was a pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/11/2012This was a pleasant surprise thanks to Open Table finding it for us. The food was fabulous, fresh and big servinings for sushi, rolls and sashimi. The presentation and service was spot on with full attention provided us. Thank you.Special Features:
- This is a good place to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2012This is a good place to have a business lunch. The food is delicious and the menu is extensive; and the atmosphere was quiet enough to conduct a conversation without yelling across the table. There were 5 of us in our group and the restaurant did a very nice job to accomodate our party.Special Features:
- Mitsuyoshi has been the neighborhooOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2012Mitsuyoshi has been the neighborhood gem for many many years and the food is well prepared and fresh.
- Very nice, small resturant,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2012Very nice, small resturant, good food, good service! Will go back!
- My first time here. In spiteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2012My first time here. In spite of the fact that it was Mother's Day, it was a good dining experience all around. The staff, in spite of getting hammered with a flood people at the 6:00 dinner hour, was gracious and did their best to provide service. A very good meal and it was a bit of a surprise to find a Japanese restaurant in Stanton that would easily hold its own in Torrance or Gardena. A "mom and pop" restaurant very worthy of our support and enjoyment.Special Features:
- The staff never cease to amazeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2012The staff never cease to amaze me. This is a busy restaurant and they manage to provide outstanding service with a smile. Great, authentic Japanese restaurant. Love this place!
- We were probably at a busyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2012We were probably at a busy time so there were some concerns: some utensils were missing and had to request; had to make some repeated requests for missing or other items (tea not all filled at table..missed some!). Service was not the quality as before.Special Features:
- Authentic JapaneseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2012Old school Japanese restaurant. Portions not huge but thats why it is authentic. Decor is authentic, staff is Japanese speaking, etc. Had the chirashi bowl and soft shell crab for lunch. Pretty fresh and nicely presented. My wife who doesn't eat sushi had the udon and some boneless chicken piece w rice. I felt bad cos her chicken had a lot of fat in it which she is not used to. Bottomline is don't come here for anything else besides sushi. They also have traditional cooked seafood such as the soft shell crab that seem pretty good.Special Features: