Mitch's on El Paseo Prime Seafood
73951 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Mitch's on El Paseo Prime Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mitchsonelpaseo.com/
- Phone: (760) 779-9200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Can handle small to large parties or events.
- Private Party Contact: Milissa Epstein 7607799200
A word from Mitch's on El Paseo Prime Seafood
Sushi, Specialty Sake Selections, Prime Steaks and Seafood.Serving Lunch and Dinner. Bar Menu all night long! Climatized patio, Located at the corner of Portola & El Paseo in Palm Desert. Come join us for great food and a fabulous time!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mitch's on El Paseo Prime Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (27)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (15)romantic (14)hot spot (12)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (11)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (6)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!!!BlackKnightVIPDined on 11/10/2014Went to "Mitch's" to celebrate our Anniversary. It was a perfect night for dining on the patio with the stars overhead. The service from Emily was very personable, and we were able to drink and eat at our own pace. We began with the Truffle Tuna Tartar and the amply portioned Bicolor Beet Salad. For our Entree's I chose the Roasted Duck, due severe food allergies, the Chef prepared a Vegetarian Pasta for my Wife. It was thoroughly enjoyed. My Duck was moist/tender like confit,(with the crispy skin I love!!!)with a Plum Wine Glaze Reduction(I could've used more!), Fingerling Potatoes and delicious Brussel Sprouts. All were well presented and delicious. We chose the Banana Split for dessert and were not disappointed. Overall Excellent Again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyRovinDinerVIPDined on 11/10/2014The background music was too loud. The music selections were not appropriate.The servers were talking loud to one another while not interacting with diners. Diners were talking loud because background music was loud & table were jammed together. Lights were burned out so had to use cell phone to read the menu. Service was good, Food was good.
- My only issue...WagrossDined on 11/7/2014The menu was totally fabulous, as was the outdoor dining area. Perhaps unluckily I might have ordered not so well, because my food was just ok. In general portions I noticed around the table were pretty small. The only real issue I had was sort of begging for a table even with my reservation. This restaurant only wants to seat you when "your whole party arrives". I don't care for that system. If I arrive first, my wife and I want to be seated while we wait for our dinner mates to arrive. I assumed that this busy restaurant would be completely full as a reason for that policy, but it wasn't They're running a very busy Happy Hour in the bar, where I think the real value is, as you would expect.Special Features:
- So So...CameronDined on 11/1/2014Ambiance is great.... outdoor seating is the place to be. Stay away from the Paella, ours was very dry. Dover Sole and Salmon we good but to pricey for what we got. Best entree... Beef Tenderloin Filet. Generous portion and very tasty. We would return but now know what to avoid. Service was good.Special Features:
- always greatmortyVIPDined on 11/1/2014This one of our favorite places. Out door dining is great. The bar is great. Very classySpecial Features:
- Vibrant atmosphere & brilliant fooddr48Dined on 11/1/2014Menu was robust and filled with new and flavorful twists on old favorites. Loved the Appetizers especially the oysters baked with cheese and pancetta and the mini tacos. Waiter was friendly, but didn't overstep and provided excellent just in time service; best waiter experienced in a long time. Vibrant bar scene with a nice mix of all ages. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unacceptable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014I have been here 3 times. If it was not for my bad experience in my first visit with the service I would have dined here quite more often. After all I work a few blocks away from the restaurant. The service was just not there? We had to wait way too long for our food. There were some issues with our server, and although we laughed it off, he still messed it up? He did say he was new, but we thought he was just being humble? obviously we were wrong. I really enjoyed my Chilean Sea Bass, my guests had the Dover Sole which they loved and my wife had the duck which was good. Altogether the food was delicious. Wished the service was as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatTraveler24VIPDined on 10/25/2014We hardly ever get to the main course as the appetizers are so terrific. We go each time we are in the desert, usually twice a month. Mitch is especially accommodating, last time giving us a spot right in front of the TV so we could watch the World Series. Service is always excellent, food choices extensive and the entire staff goes out of its way to make the dining experience a most enjoyable one. While we are usually at the upper age level, it doesn't matter, although the 30 - 50 group is more prevalent. Fun to watch the attire is well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish was amazing!LoveourfoodDined on 10/25/2014The fish was excellent. I enjoyed the Sea bass. It is a signature dish. Great happy hour! We would pass on the ribeye. Save your steak dinner for a night at Flemings steakhouse. But definitely would come back again for the Sea bass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous As UsualJackieVIPDined on 10/19/2014Love it every time I'm there. I recommend it to everyone I come in contact with here at Mission Hills Villas and I never hear any complaints; only raves.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantdesertgalDined on 10/18/2014Mitch's on El Paseo is an outstanding place to dine. The outdoor ambiance is wonderful and the food is incredible. I always order the rack of lamb and I am never disappointed. It is my favorite restaurant in all of the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was more like casual dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Our table was outside facing valet service, it was hot and the lawn was just weeds.Special Features:
- mg1521Dined on 10/9/2014Service was exceptional. Food Excellent. Dining on patio very pleasant. Manager stopped at our table to see if all was well and that we were pleased. "Wait" staff attentive and knowledgeable about the product. We enjoyed an excellent "dining experience"Special Features:
- Great Placebp86Dined on 10/3/2014By wife and I went for our anniversary this weekend. The staff was extremely kind and very attentive. Our waitress was very prompt and helpful in choices. The duck and lamb was delicious and perfectly prepared. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 384 reviews are from the Mitch's on El Paseo Prime Seafood reviews archive.
- ChatwellDined on 6/28/2014Booking was made for 7.30pm. We were seated at 8. The noise level was too high. Food was OK, service was OK - We were seated upstairs away from the ambiance. NO atmosphere at all, just band noise in the distance. Unless we ate outside I wouldn't bother going again. Too many great restaurants in Palm Desert to choose from.Special Features:
- What a Waste860courtneyDined on 6/28/2014We were so excited about Mitch's. We arrived and our table was not ready, we waited 45minutes for a table. While we waited the bartender informed us that it was the last night they were open before closing for the summer so they were out of everything. No sushi, and apparently no air conditioning. It was a sauna in there, all the patrons were sweating not just us. When we finally sat, we waited 25min before a server came to ask us who our server was, ummmmmmm NO ONE!! After being in the restaurant for over an hour we had not eaten anything and finally decided to leave. The waitress actually said "I don't blame you" I would never recommend this place to anyone I considered a friend. Shame!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014The food was delicious but being our first time there it would have been nice to be seated by the misters on the patio. It was over 90 degrees at 6:30 pm and we we're seated far away from the misters and we were the second couple seated outside for dinner. It was unbearably warm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jac MacOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014Excellent food and service. Lovely atmosphere. Music was very good, but a little loud for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining at its best!LolaVIPDined on 6/20/2014As long as it isn't 95 degrees outside dining outside at Mitch's is a wonderful experience! Great lunch spot as well as evening dinner I always have the duck as it us so hard to find it prepared correctly. The skin was crisp, yet the inside moist and tender. My friends had sushi and remarked how awesome it was.Special Features:
- MITCH'SdegostallionVIPDined on 6/20/2014KIND OF QUIET IN JUNE, BUT I WILL SAY VERY GOOD FISH... FRESH !!!Special Features:
- Inside at Mitch'sTerrilmVIPDined on 6/17/2014I sat inside only because it was hotter out. During high season its nice to be outside on the patio. Inside was lovely. Food good as always, Like the dining music and Mitch is as charming as ever.Special Features:
- Great place all around!GoonDined on 6/13/2014This place is really nice. The decorum of the place is wonderful. The food is amazing and plentiful, although, the menu is not really 'small-kid' friendly. Otherwise, the menu is great for adults. The outside area is really nice. The service here is pretty good. My dining experience happened during a peak time, so I can't really complain about having to wait for a bit to be seated. The music was really 'On-Point!' All the old-skool jams with some contemporary sounds as well. The prices are what you'd expect at such an establishment: About $30+ per meal. They do have a separate 'Sushi Bar.'Special Features:
- Can't wait for Season!UniqueFoodFanVIPDined on 6/12/2014This restaurant is a fabulous find in Palm Desert! Located in the easterly end of the El Paseo "curve", and like many of the special places here do, they will be closing the end of June for the 3 hot summer months... I, for one, will be counting the days until they reopen. To combine awesome Japanese, yummy seafood, great turf and sports bar television under one roof is a feat Mitch's does with perfection...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PegabooooVIPDined on 6/7/2014We have eaten at Mitch's many times and NORMALLY the food and service is excellent. Not this time. Our table was horrible as we thought we were sitting IN the kitchen with all the noise and servers all gathered around us, banging our chairs several times. It took almost 15 minutes for a server to even come by. Food was Ok. Mitchs is not a cheap place to eat but if the food and service is good then I don't mind paying. This time I did mind paying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little disappointed.....SandeDined on 6/7/2014We went for Restaurant Week - our first visit at the restaurant. None of the items on the Restaurant Week menu were on the "usual" menu. I understand having to run a business, but it's nice to be able to try something that is from the menu. They were incredibly busy - and seemed short staffed. When our meal arrived, the plates were so hot that our server could barely hold them with the hot pad - and some of the food was a little "crusty" as if it had been under a warmer for too long. Overall, the food was good - not great but good. Great wine list. Service was just okay - nothing superb for what you would expect at a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:
- Great Service!BillEBoy4foodDined on 6/7/2014The host, Gavin, and our server, Mickey, were absolutely wonderful. We had the "Restaurant Week" menu and felt the food was not what I thought a prime seafood restaurant would serve. The paella was less than authentic and the portions of the Superior White fish were small. The paella needed more seafood like lobster and squid. We will go back and give it another try sometime in the fall.Special Features:
- NoiseyjamesVIPDined on 6/4/2014Great seafood, our guests are susi fans and said it was over the top good and may have been the best ever. Difficult to have a conversation as the noise level is extermely high. In cooler weather the patio is perfect.Special Features:
- Great food. Slow service.judiDined on 6/3/2014The restaurant has wonderful food.We have been there before and the food never disappoints us. Our waitress Summer was very slow and her service was not very good. Not up to par for a wonderful restaurant. . The noise level inside the restaurant is pretty high. We had a party of 6 and it was hard to talk.Special Features:
- AnimalsTonyVIPDined on 5/31/2014This may just my personnel idea. When one goes to a restaurant, you should not have to look at adog in the restaurant. If a dog is allowed, then the dog should be labeled as a service dog.Special Features:
- Leisurely SundayWWCIIDined on 5/31/2014From the receptive greeting by the personable Ms. Milissa Epstein to our attentive servers our visit was superb. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night!!KlasADined on 5/30/2014Dinner with close friends and 1st night of restaurant week. Ever so impressed with the availability of all menu items. All was great...thanks! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch with girlfriendsKlofccDined on 5/29/2014Enjoyed a great lunch with quality food. Our waiters were accommodating and very nice. We loved the ambience of the restaurant. It was a full house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindBeachbarbVIPDined on 5/29/2014Took friends to lunch there, even though I had not been there myself. It was a relatively quiet place with a great atmosphere for a special lunch. I would like to try it for dinner sometime. The menu is varied with some very fine sushi included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpentableFranOpenTableFanDined on 5/25/2014Took our guest from LA to Mitch's and this is our first time also, and everyone enjoyed their meals. The service was excellent. Ordered two rolls of sushi and they were very good, the rice wasn't rolled tight and packed. Sat outside which was very nice, but as soon as the sun starting setting, the flies came out. They hang bags of water to ward off flies because of the reflection from the sun through the water, which worked, until the sun started to set. Enjoyed our experience very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- P.D. gemdmfoodie1VIPDined on 5/24/2014Excellent service and food!! Made reservations, table was ready once we checked in. Wait staff was excellent as well as dining on the patio. It was somewhat noisy due to a large table who sat directly behind us. Overall we had an excellent mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Summer EveningLWNLovelySummerEveningDined on 5/24/2014Our evening was wonderful due to our waiter being terrific Not to mention our food was excellent Special evening for us both It was lovely to dine outsideSpecial Features:
- ServiceJHavDined on 5/18/2014Our server was Emily and that woman was awesome! She made the dinin experience. She was down to earth and personable! We'd go back because of her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Dinner at Mitch's is always fabulous: great food, service and ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDarleneDined on 5/16/2014Mitch's on El Paseo was wonderful. Service top of the line, good food, and a fabulous classical Spanish guitar playing at the bar which filtered into the dining room. Very enjoyable music; but not too close and we could easily have conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealWobegonVIPDined on 5/11/2014We were worried because of some of the reviews but had a good meal and excellent service on Mother's Day. Nice menu. My lobster/crab quesidilla had a couple of bites that were a just bit fishy but over all good.Special Features: