Mitch's on El Paseo Prime Seafood
73951 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Mitch's on El Paseo Prime Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mitchsonelpaseo.com/
- Phone: 7607799200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Can handle small to large parties or events.
- Private Party Contact: Milissa Epstein 7607799200
A word from Mitch's on El Paseo Prime Seafood
Sushi, Specialty Sake Selections, Prime Steaks and Seafood.Serving Lunch and Dinner. Bar Menu all night long! Climatized patio, Located at the corner of Portola & El Paseo in Palm Desert. Come join us for great food and a fabulous time!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mitch's on El Paseo Prime Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (20)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (8)hot spot (7)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)good for groups (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ChatwellDined on 6/28/2014Booking was made for 7.30pm. We were seated at 8. The noise level was too high. Food was OK, service was OK - We were seated upstairs away from the ambiance. NO atmosphere at all, just band noise in the distance. Unless we ate outside I wouldn't bother going again. Too many great restaurants in Palm Desert to choose from.Special Features:
- What a Waste860courtneyDined on 6/28/2014We were so excited about Mitch's. We arrived and our table was not ready, we waited 45minutes for a table. While we waited the bartender informed us that it was the last night they were open before closing for the summer so they were out of everything. No sushi, and apparently no air conditioning. It was a sauna in there, all the patrons were sweating not just us. When we finally sat, we waited 25min before a server came to ask us who our server was, ummmmmmm NO ONE!! After being in the restaurant for over an hour we had not eaten anything and finally decided to leave. The waitress actually said "I don't blame you" I would never recommend this place to anyone I considered a friend. Shame!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014The food was delicious but being our first time there it would have been nice to be seated by the misters on the patio. It was over 90 degrees at 6:30 pm and we we're seated far away from the misters and we were the second couple seated outside for dinner. It was unbearably warm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jac MacOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014Excellent food and service. Lovely atmosphere. Music was very good, but a little loud for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining at its best!LolaVIPDined on 6/20/2014As long as it isn't 95 degrees outside dining outside at Mitch's is a wonderful experience! Great lunch spot as well as evening dinner I always have the duck as it us so hard to find it prepared correctly. The skin was crisp, yet the inside moist and tender. My friends had sushi and remarked how awesome it was.Special Features:
- MITCH'SdegostallionVIPDined on 6/20/2014KIND OF QUIET IN JUNE, BUT I WILL SAY VERY GOOD FISH... FRESH !!!Special Features:
- Inside at Mitch'sTerrilmVIPDined on 6/17/2014I sat inside only because it was hotter out. During high season its nice to be outside on the patio. Inside was lovely. Food good as always, Like the dining music and Mitch is as charming as ever.Special Features:
- Great place all around!GoonDined on 6/13/2014This place is really nice. The decorum of the place is wonderful. The food is amazing and plentiful, although, the menu is not really 'small-kid' friendly. Otherwise, the menu is great for adults. The outside area is really nice. The service here is pretty good. My dining experience happened during a peak time, so I can't really complain about having to wait for a bit to be seated. The music was really 'On-Point!' All the old-skool jams with some contemporary sounds as well. The prices are what you'd expect at such an establishment: About $30+ per meal. They do have a separate 'Sushi Bar.'Special Features:
- Can't wait for Season!UniqueFoodFanVIPDined on 6/12/2014This restaurant is a fabulous find in Palm Desert! Located in the easterly end of the El Paseo "curve", and like many of the special places here do, they will be closing the end of June for the 3 hot summer months... I, for one, will be counting the days until they reopen. To combine awesome Japanese, yummy seafood, great turf and sports bar television under one roof is a feat Mitch's does with perfection...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PegabooooVIPDined on 6/7/2014We have eaten at Mitch's many times and NORMALLY the food and service is excellent. Not this time. Our table was horrible as we thought we were sitting IN the kitchen with all the noise and servers all gathered around us, banging our chairs several times. It took almost 15 minutes for a server to even come by. Food was Ok. Mitchs is not a cheap place to eat but if the food and service is good then I don't mind paying. This time I did mind paying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little disappointed.....SandeDined on 6/7/2014We went for Restaurant Week - our first visit at the restaurant. None of the items on the Restaurant Week menu were on the "usual" menu. I understand having to run a business, but it's nice to be able to try something that is from the menu. They were incredibly busy - and seemed short staffed. When our meal arrived, the plates were so hot that our server could barely hold them with the hot pad - and some of the food was a little "crusty" as if it had been under a warmer for too long. Overall, the food was good - not great but good. Great wine list. Service was just okay - nothing superb for what you would expect at a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:
- Great Service!BillEBoy4foodDined on 6/7/2014The host, Gavin, and our server, Mickey, were absolutely wonderful. We had the "Restaurant Week" menu and felt the food was not what I thought a prime seafood restaurant would serve. The paella was less than authentic and the portions of the Superior White fish were small. The paella needed more seafood like lobster and squid. We will go back and give it another try sometime in the fall.Special Features:
- NoiseyjamesVIPDined on 6/4/2014Great seafood, our guests are susi fans and said it was over the top good and may have been the best ever. Difficult to have a conversation as the noise level is extermely high. In cooler weather the patio is perfect.Special Features:
- Great food. Slow service.judiDined on 6/3/2014The restaurant has wonderful food.We have been there before and the food never disappoints us. Our waitress Summer was very slow and her service was not very good. Not up to par for a wonderful restaurant. . The noise level inside the restaurant is pretty high. We had a party of 6 and it was hard to talk.Special Features:
- The following 370 reviews are from the Mitch's on El Paseo Prime Seafood reviews archive.
- AnimalsTonyVIPDined on 5/31/2014This may just my personnel idea. When one goes to a restaurant, you should not have to look at adog in the restaurant. If a dog is allowed, then the dog should be labeled as a service dog.Special Features:
- Leisurely SundayWWCIIDined on 5/31/2014From the receptive greeting by the personable Ms. Milissa Epstein to our attentive servers our visit was superb. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night!!KlasADined on 5/30/2014Dinner with close friends and 1st night of restaurant week. Ever so impressed with the availability of all menu items. All was great...thanks! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch with girlfriendsKlofccDined on 5/29/2014Enjoyed a great lunch with quality food. Our waiters were accommodating and very nice. We loved the ambience of the restaurant. It was a full house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindBeachbarbVIPDined on 5/29/2014Took friends to lunch there, even though I had not been there myself. It was a relatively quiet place with a great atmosphere for a special lunch. I would like to try it for dinner sometime. The menu is varied with some very fine sushi included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpentableFranOpenTableFanDined on 5/25/2014Took our guest from LA to Mitch's and this is our first time also, and everyone enjoyed their meals. The service was excellent. Ordered two rolls of sushi and they were very good, the rice wasn't rolled tight and packed. Sat outside which was very nice, but as soon as the sun starting setting, the flies came out. They hang bags of water to ward off flies because of the reflection from the sun through the water, which worked, until the sun started to set. Enjoyed our experience very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- P.D. gemdmfoodie1Dined on 5/24/2014Excellent service and food!! Made reservations, table was ready once we checked in. Wait staff was excellent as well as dining on the patio. It was somewhat noisy due to a large table who sat directly behind us. Overall we had an excellent mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Summer EveningLWNLovelySummerEveningDined on 5/24/2014Our evening was wonderful due to our waiter being terrific Not to mention our food was excellent Special evening for us both It was lovely to dine outsideSpecial Features:
- ServiceJHavDined on 5/18/2014Our server was Emily and that woman was awesome! She made the dinin experience. She was down to earth and personable! We'd go back because of her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Dinner at Mitch's is always fabulous: great food, service and ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDarleneDined on 5/16/2014Mitch's on El Paseo was wonderful. Service top of the line, good food, and a fabulous classical Spanish guitar playing at the bar which filtered into the dining room. Very enjoyable music; but not too close and we could easily have conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealWobegonVIPDined on 5/11/2014We were worried because of some of the reviews but had a good meal and excellent service on Mother's Day. Nice menu. My lobster/crab quesidilla had a couple of bites that were a just bit fishy but over all good.Special Features:
- Must try Mitch's on El PaseowinegodessDined on 5/11/2014Great outdoor seating for Mother's Day brunch. It was a pleasure to meet Mitch and his beautiful wife. The service by our server "Antonio" was excellent and the food was very good. Price/Ambiance was just right! We really enjoyed the afternoon there. I recommend to anyone who is looking for a nice upscale place to dine and unwind! WGSpecial Features:
- Brilliant RestaurantBrilliantDined on 5/10/2014Having been visiting Mitch's ever since he opened at the old Augusta I am delighted to report that each visit surpasses all previous ones. The attention to detail from the welcome to the good-bye is well appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience!LotsamoxieDined on 5/10/2014Not only was the food delicious, but the service was absolutely outstanding!! I have never seen so many attentive wait staff, and so friendly without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Good Food, poor service :(blondieDined on 5/10/2014I was with my mom and sister to celebrate Mother's Day early (Saturday). When we first walked in, nobody acknowledged us. There is no reception desk, so you just walk in and stand there, I guess, until someone sees you. Once seated, it took a while for the waiter to come to our table. We had an 11:30 lunch reservation (they open at 11:30am) so we were the first customers there. Service was really slow. Empty beer bottles and plates sat in front of us, we had to ask for them to be cleared. The food was good, and so was the atmosphere. I appreciate good service, so I DOUBT I will return. I heard the sushi bar was good, so maybe I would try that over sitting at a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique & Great!WallyVIPDined on 5/9/2014We were on vacation and stopped because read the other reviews. Not disappointed. Loved the place and food was great. I had their Sashimi Salad that was the most wonderful unique salad I had ever had. Husband had the Ahi Tuna meal and insisted we go back the next night to have the same things!!Special Features:
- Great eveningEnJKDined on 5/7/2014Had a delightful dinner in the garden. The meal was excellent, the price of the oysters very reasonable, and the presentation outstanding. Highly recommend this restaurant for wonderful seafood.Special Features:
- food for foodiesFoodieHeavenDined on 5/2/2014Have been here three times - twice for dinner and once for lunch- lunch was very average which was disappointing since dinner experience is exceptional. will recommend for dinner absolutely.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/30/2014Very pleasant lunch on a shaded patio. Interesting menu. Food properly prepared and elegantly presented. Attentive waitstaff. Proprietor especially accommodating in response to a special request. Put Mitch's on your on your to-visit when Palm Desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss Mitch's!BarmanDined on 4/27/2014Great experience with a quality happy hour. I had a delicious well seasoned dinner. I highly recommend the wild salmon & the bone in pork chop! Great fresh cocktail menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchs is in another eraOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2014its not worth the effort or time to go here. Maybe on reputation alone or selling liquor but dont go for great calamari or great ceviche cause it isnt happening there.. They dont even have shrirracha sauce, only chinese chills at the faux sushi entrees. service is nonexistant.
- My Favorite!JackieVIPDined on 4/26/2014When people ask me what my favorite restaurant is here in the desert, I never hesitate to tell them "Mitch's"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites on El PaseoRandyVIPDined on 4/26/2014Mitch and his entire crew are tremendous. You can't miss here, and the setting is great for just two our an entire group special event.Special Features:
- Blah!foodiedudeDined on 4/26/2014Nothing great about Mitch's. Had high hopes but it didn't deliver. If you are a "foodie" and/or have a sophisticated palate, try somewhere else (like outside of the desert all together!).
- ExcellentFoodieHeavenDined on 4/25/2014I had my first dining experience on Friday 4/25. It was so outstanding I wanted to come back the next night. I emailed all my foodie friends to tell them about my great experience. I think four of us will be coming back this coming Friday. Don't change a thing and for sure don't change the chef.Special Features: