Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Polaris
1408 Polaris Parkway
Columbus, OH 43240Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Polaris
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mitchellssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (614) 888-2467
- Hours of Operation:
Mitchell's Steakhouse at Polaris is open daily for dinner service. Dinner is served Monday through Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., and on Sunday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Our lounge is open daily for service at 4:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Peter Nunez Jr.
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Allow us to bring our specialty to you! It would be our pleasure to work with you to design the perfect experience that we are known for at your choice of venue. Please call the restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: We will work with you to plan your private event including customized menus, wine pairings and audio-visual needs. Mitchell's Steakhouse at Polaris offers three different private dining options for our guests. Our Wine Room may accommodate private parties of up to 36 guests and our Cellar Room may accommodate up to 12 guests. Both rooms feature state-of-the-art projector systems, unobtrusively enclosed behind framed mirrors on the walls. Our third private dining room, The Prime Room, may accommodate up to 20 guests and features a cozy fireplace, in-wall LCD projector and television display.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Markley, General Manager 6148882467x
- Special Events: Come join us for Happy Hour at Mitchell's Steakhouse Polaris, Sunday-Friday from 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., where you can enjoy one of our many hand crafted cocktails (made with freshly squeezed juices at a Happy Hour price) in our lounge or on our patio and compliment with our award winning Happy Hour Food Menu!
A word from Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Polaris
Voted "Best Steakhouse" in the city, Mitchell's Steakhouse raises the bar again, offering the best steak, seafood and wine in Columbus, Ohio. Our house made side dishes don’t just complement, they wow. Our wine list, featuring 200 of the world’s finest labels, earned the 2014 Wine Spectator award of excellence. This is not your father’s steakhouse. It’s Mitchell’s, The Modern American Steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Polaris - Best Restaurants in Polaris ›
Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Polaris reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (54)notable wine list (31)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- FoodHorbsDined on 11/11/2014The food and service here is second to none and the prices are resonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenEatSteakOftenDined on 11/9/2014Jim was our waiter and he did a great job. My husband and I split 2 meals and that was done in the kitchen at the server's suggestion. The food was delicious but could have been hotter. It was served hot but cooled off quickly. This was especially evident the next night when we went to Ruth's Chris. They served the meals on very hot plates so the food retained the heat for a longer time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steak dinnerdrbdsmithDined on 11/7/2014we had a group of five that night.I would say that it is one of the best experiences I have ever had at a steakhouse.everyone's meals were prepared exactly the way that we wanted. All of the sides were great. the martinis were spot on.my daughter and I sharedraspberry sorbet and cheesecake which went great together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentShellykelley34Dined on 11/7/2014Our group of 5 enjoyed a variety of dishes, all were prepared quite well. Our service was wonderful. We happily will return.Special Features:
- We like MitchellsLoteDined on 11/1/2014We go to Mitchells every year for the anniversary of our first meeting, because we first met there. It is expensive, but worth it for special occasions. The food and service have never disappointed us. You get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CuddieCMC2008Dined on 11/1/2014Food is fantastic! Always a great place to go for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceBobbyDined on 11/1/2014This was our first time to Mitchell's and we couldn't be happier. We were celebrating our 30th anniversary and it truly made the experience memorable. Great food, service, ambiance, and most of all, it was quiet enough that you could hear the person next to you talking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timeThatDanGuyDined on 10/31/2014My girlfriend and I both enjoyed dining here. I had not been to Mitchell's in a while but they still exceeded expectations. Besides great food and environment this visit I learned they have a menu which helped my girlfriend who has celiacs and can't eat gluten, and the staff was especially friendly. Highly recommended, and I look forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerUnhappyDined on 10/31/2014The restaurant called my husband to asked who's birthday it was, I had made the reservation on open table. So my surprise didn't work. Service was great. The food was good but not great, $200 for a dinner for two.Special Features:
- Mitchell'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2014We were celebrating my husband s birthday. I did not tell them ahead of arriving, just in passing Bree was our server and gave my husband whatever dessert he wanted , at her expense. She took a family picture put in a nice paper frame and even gave my husband a gift card. This wa on top of great service and fabulous food. We will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTimWDined on 10/19/2014Drank and ate at the bar. Noise level was excellent to be able to carry on a conversation without having to scream. Bartender was awesome. Great experience. Food was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatEndM3Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Mitchell's. I had been looking forward to enjoying a great steak, so I was very disappointed that the meal fell short of my expectations. They undercooked it initially. After 2 attempts to get it right, the steak ended up a little overcooked for my tastes. The staff handled the matter appropriately; however, was still disappointed. Next time, I'll probably go to Hyde Park or The Ocean Club. My rating would be 3 1/2 stars if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningrkel2yDined on 10/17/2014Everything else you've read about this restaurant is true. Excellent food, and the staff goes the extra mile to accommodate any request. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!!SammieDined on 10/17/2014What a wonderful dinner. Our service was outstanding. Stephanie was on top of things even though she had a few tables. She recommended some items and was right on. We had a party of four and some had steak and others had fish. All very delicious. Can not go wrong with this restaurant!!Special Features:
- Excellent serviceTownsendDined on 10/10/2014I have extensive food allergies and the wait staff and chef were extremely accommodating! Very romantic atmosphere for a date night and wonderfully prepared meal. Excellent coctail choices as well. Had a wonderful evening and will return for the next fancy night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!Congressgirl4Dined on 10/10/2014Server was kind, attentive, & engaging! Steak was prepared perfectly. Great wine selection. Wasn't fond of the bread, but overall great service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I love this restaurant. When we go "up scale" especially for steak & sea food this is a great place to enjoy a "great" dinner outting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night returnsstabesVIPDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I frequent Mitchell's quite a bit. The waiter even recognizes us and practically remembers our order. It was a great atmosphere as usual and my husband's meal seemed fine. I order the wedge salad and tuna appetizer every time. Neither was great for me this time...which is rare. The wedge had some of the outer lettuce you normally don't use with very little toppings and dressing and the tuna has a sauce that this time was unbearably hot/spicy. We will return as we always enjoys this restaurant.Special Features:
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/2/2014The food, service and atmosphere are outstanding at the Mitchell's Steakhouse, Polaris Location. The staff will go out of their way to ensure a wonderful dining experience. Highly Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobtDined on 9/23/2014A friend of mine suggested this restaurant as I visit Columbus often, but never had the pleasure of dining there. I owe this friend. This was one of the most pleasurable experiences I've had in terms of dining. The wine list was great and the wine we selected was excellent. Both diners we selected were at the top of our taste lists. The service was extraordinary.....we never were wanting for anything. All in all, Mitchell's will be at the top of our Columbus restaurant list. Very much looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak and seafoodSurfNTurfFanDined on 9/21/2014As usual, we had a great meal. The lobster bisque was a great starter as were the crab cakes. We added scallops to our steaks and the chef came out to ask how we wanted them prepared. He seemed excited to cook them a certain way, we trusted his judgement and were glad we did. Yes, you will spend more here than your average steakhouse, but it has always been worth it. We had an excellent dining experience and would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible MealgoninersDined on 9/20/2014This was our first visit to this location and we are glad we went. I had the swordfish with the sundried tomato butter and the smoky chipotle potatoes. My wife had the filet with lobster tail and mac&cheese. Both meals were excellent. I highly recommend the swordfish. The honey cinnamon cheesecake was the perfect way to top of the meal. The wait staff was professional and attentive. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Excellent service. The food was fantastic. Brie and Stephanie at the Polaris site were the most informative and helpful servers I ve encounter. Thank you all for a most pleasant anniversary dinner. Most certainly visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceNormDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I were sent to dinner by our kids to celebrate our anniversary. We were welcomed by customized menus...very thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ed and CarolynnluvgoodfoodDined on 9/8/2014My husband and I choose Mitchell's Steakhouse to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. The food was absolutely wonderful.The steak perfect and the crab cakes devine! I love the chop chop salad. We were treated like royalty and our service could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeniseDined on 9/6/2014The personalized menu for our birthday son was a nice touchSpecial Features:
- Very Nice Experience !!trhartDined on 9/5/2014It was our first time to visit Mitchell's. We had a very nice experience; the food was very good as was the atmosphere. The service IMO was what stood out the most. Our server (Steven) was outstanding. He was very professional and personable and there was no doubt he enjoyed what he was doing. We shared a very fun evening with him. He provided menu recommendations and he was spot on with each one. Three of us had Filets and one had the Ribeye. My Filet was very tender and melted in my mouth. We shared Calamari and the Oysters Rockefeller for appetizers and mashed potatoes and asparagus as siders, all were delicious. Overall we had a great meal and a great visit with some very special Friends. We will return again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell's Steakhouse ColumbusGerry5Dined on 9/5/2014I have never been here before but people kept telling me about it and how great it was. So, I decided to have my anniversary there and was astonished by the wine list, how friendly the staff was, it was quiet enough to just have a casual conversation and not need to be loud. The ambiance was great and I've never had a a better experience at a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableSkibumVIPDined on 9/3/2014Very pleasant dining experience. The 'Upside Down Apple Bread Pudding' was an awesome dessert choice.Special Features:
- Excelent service and foodClaryVIPDined on 9/2/2014Personalized menus for our wedding anniversary, even when we booked only 30 minutes before arriving. Very thoughtful, excelent food and service as usual. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingCmarshDined on 8/31/2014We were seated at a booth next to each other and looking out towards the restaurant which would have been nice if there wasn't a table of 4 directly in front of us. It was hard to enjoy each other with this being our view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerWelovefoodDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I choose Mitchell's Steak House to celebrate our 38th anniversary anticipating an exceptional evening. We were not disappointed. We found the atmosphere (especially the music) only exceeded by the service and the food. The special attention given to us for our anniversary specifically, a complimentary photo and free desert was a nice touch without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!sstabesVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had a great experience as usual at Mitchell's. They always accommodate our booth request and the waiter remembered us from last time and practically remembered what we ordered previously. Great food and great service!Special Features:
- Fine Dinner ExperienceHappytpalateDined on 8/21/2014Mitchell's Steakhouse experience starts before entering the restaurant. As we pulled up it was nice to see complimentary valet parking available. The entry door was opened for us giving that feeling of being expected and honored. The staff took great care seeing to our every need right down to special requests of menu item substitutions. We never had to seek out assistance as our waiting team was always close at hand. The food arrived well prepared and presented in a timely but not rushed manner. Although the lobster tail was less than expected in size every bite was delicious, as were the chipotle fingerling potatoes. By the end of the evening I was well satisfied and happy for the experiences of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Dinner with and old friend. I had the filet and lobster, I asked for medium and it was rare (red/cold) in the center. He had the scallops and they were cold and not cooked to his liking. Sides we just ok, for dessert I had the molten cake and it to was cold, not hot gooey chocolate runny inside. I didn't complain as I was with someone I hadn't seen Ina long time and we were catching up/talking. Otherwise, Service was slow, place was not busy, probably will not returnSpecial Features:
- Over and aboveLinnybugDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I continue to return to Mitchell's Steakhouse at Polaris for almost all of our really special occasions. The food is consistently fabulous, the wait staff top notch, and the ambiance and decor superb. This past visit we even received a personalized birthday wish at the top of our menus, and a generous gift card to use on our next visit. As if it wasn't always fantastic, well that just knocked it out of the park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningseeuagainDined on 8/9/2014It was my wife’s birthday and our aniversay. At the last moment we called to add an additional reservation for our son. They were very accommodating. The dinner was perfect. Our waiter was very helpful and did a great job making sure we experienced a perfect evening. From when we entered the restaurant to the time we left we felt we were special. Thank you.Special Features:
- PlinyDined on 8/5/2014Service was very good. My filet was cooked perfectly, but it was ever so slightly stringy, which was disappointing. My wife's filet was also cooked perfectly and was flawless. The herb butter applied to the steaks was forgettable. The lobster tail was very good, well seasoned, and adequately prepared. The ambience was a bit noisy and fairly active. Several old friends paused right beside our table to say hello and catch up. Overall, it's a nice place with good food and service. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great SteaksJillieDined on 8/5/2014Steaks done perfectly...as ordered. Caesar salad always superb. Outside area nice. Just make sure you order booze or they tend to ignore you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOLFDined on 8/4/2014I use to eat out a lot, all over the world actually. I only ate at fine restaurants. Since this was my wife's 60th birthday and we had won some gift certificates, we decided to go out to Mitchell's. From the bartender's excellent mixing of a Jack Daniels & water and the EXCELLENT service to the broad selections of courses to fine food, Mitchell's is everything you want for an evening out with your loved one or a special occasion. The atmosphere is also perfect for a business meeting. Congratulations to all of involved with the dining experience--you do it well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.