Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Polaris
1408 Polaris Parkway
Columbus, OH 43240Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Polaris
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mitchellssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6148882467
- Hours of Operation:
Mitchell's Steakhouse at Polaris is open daily for dinner service. Dinner is served Monday through Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., and on Sunday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Our lounge is open daily for service at 4:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matt Goings
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Allow us to bring our specialty to you! It would be our pleasure to work with you to design the perfect experience that we are known for at your choice of venue. Please call the restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: We will work with you to plan your private event including customized menus, wine pairings and audio-visual needs. Mitchell's Steakhouse at Polaris offers three different private dining options for our guests. Our Wine Room may accommodate private parties of up to 36 guests and our Cellar Room may accommodate up to 12 guests. Both rooms feature state-of-the-art projector systems, unobtrusively enclosed behind framed mirrors on the walls. Our third private dining room, The Prime Room, may accommodate up to 20 guests and features a cozy fireplace, in-wall LCD projector and television display.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Markley, General Manager 6148882467
- Special Events: Come join us for Happy Hour at Mitchell's Steakhouse Polaris, Sunday-Friday from 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., where you can enjoy one of our many hand crafted cocktails (made with freshly squeezed juices at a Happy Hour price) in our lounge or on our patio and compliment with our award winning Happy Hour Food Menu!
A word from Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Polaris
Voted "Best Steakhouse" in the city, Mitchell's Steakhouse raises the bar again, offering the best steak, seafood and wine in Columbus, Ohio. Our house made side dishes don’t just complement, they wow. Our wine list, featuring 200 of the world’s finest labels, earned the 2012 Wine Spectator award of excellence. This is not your father’s steakhouse. It’s Mitchell’s, The Modern American Steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Polaris - Best Restaurants in Polaris ›
Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Polaris reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)romantic (45)notable wine list (31)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very niceNormDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I were sent to dinner by our kids to celebrate our anniversary. We were welcomed by customized menus...very thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ed and CarolynnluvgoodfoodDined on 9/8/2014My husband and I choose Mitchell's Steakhouse to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. The food was absolutely wonderful.The steak perfect and the crab cakes devine! I love the chop chop salad. We were treated like royalty and our service could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeniseDined on 9/6/2014The personalized menu for our birthday son was a nice touchSpecial Features:
- Very Nice Experience !!trhartDined on 9/5/2014It was our first time to visit Mitchell's. We had a very nice experience; the food was very good as was the atmosphere. The service IMO was what stood out the most. Our server (Steven) was outstanding. He was very professional and personable and there was no doubt he enjoyed what he was doing. We shared a very fun evening with him. He provided menu recommendations and he was spot on with each one. Three of us had Filets and one had the Ribeye. My Filet was very tender and melted in my mouth. We shared Calamari and the Oysters Rockefeller for appetizers and mashed potatoes and asparagus as siders, all were delicious. Overall we had a great meal and a great visit with some very special Friends. We will return again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell's Steakhouse ColumbusGerry5Dined on 9/5/2014I have never been here before but people kept telling me about it and how great it was. So, I decided to have my anniversary there and was astonished by the wine list, how friendly the staff was, it was quiet enough to just have a casual conversation and not need to be loud. The ambiance was great and I've never had a a better experience at a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableSkibumDined on 9/3/2014Very pleasant dining experience. The 'Upside Down Apple Bread Pudding' was an awesome dessert choice.Special Features:
- Excelent service and foodClaryVIPDined on 9/2/2014Personalized menus for our wedding anniversary, even when we booked only 30 minutes before arriving. Very thoughtful, excelent food and service as usual. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingCmarshDined on 8/31/2014We were seated at a booth next to each other and looking out towards the restaurant which would have been nice if there wasn't a table of 4 directly in front of us. It was hard to enjoy each other with this being our view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerWelovefoodDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I choose Mitchell's Steak House to celebrate our 38th anniversary anticipating an exceptional evening. We were not disappointed. We found the atmosphere (especially the music) only exceeded by the service and the food. The special attention given to us for our anniversary specifically, a complimentary photo and free desert was a nice touch without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!sstabesVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had a great experience as usual at Mitchell's. They always accommodate our booth request and the waiter remembered us from last time and practically remembered what we ordered previously. Great food and great service!Special Features:
- Fine Dinner ExperienceHappytpalateDined on 8/21/2014Mitchell's Steakhouse experience starts before entering the restaurant. As we pulled up it was nice to see complimentary valet parking available. The entry door was opened for us giving that feeling of being expected and honored. The staff took great care seeing to our every need right down to special requests of menu item substitutions. We never had to seek out assistance as our waiting team was always close at hand. The food arrived well prepared and presented in a timely but not rushed manner. Although the lobster tail was less than expected in size every bite was delicious, as were the chipotle fingerling potatoes. By the end of the evening I was well satisfied and happy for the experiences of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Dinner with and old friend. I had the filet and lobster, I asked for medium and it was rare (red/cold) in the center. He had the scallops and they were cold and not cooked to his liking. Sides we just ok, for dessert I had the molten cake and it to was cold, not hot gooey chocolate runny inside. I didn't complain as I was with someone I hadn't seen Ina long time and we were catching up/talking. Otherwise, Service was slow, place was not busy, probably will not returnSpecial Features:
- Over and aboveLinnybugDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I continue to return to Mitchell's Steakhouse at Polaris for almost all of our really special occasions. The food is consistently fabulous, the wait staff top notch, and the ambiance and decor superb. This past visit we even received a personalized birthday wish at the top of our menus, and a generous gift card to use on our next visit. As if it wasn't always fantastic, well that just knocked it out of the park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningseeuagainDined on 8/9/2014It was my wife’s birthday and our aniversay. At the last moment we called to add an additional reservation for our son. They were very accommodating. The dinner was perfect. Our waiter was very helpful and did a great job making sure we experienced a perfect evening. From when we entered the restaurant to the time we left we felt we were special. Thank you.Special Features:
- PlinyDined on 8/5/2014Service was very good. My filet was cooked perfectly, but it was ever so slightly stringy, which was disappointing. My wife's filet was also cooked perfectly and was flawless. The herb butter applied to the steaks was forgettable. The lobster tail was very good, well seasoned, and adequately prepared. The ambience was a bit noisy and fairly active. Several old friends paused right beside our table to say hello and catch up. Overall, it's a nice place with good food and service. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great SteaksJillieDined on 8/5/2014Steaks done perfectly...as ordered. Caesar salad always superb. Outside area nice. Just make sure you order booze or they tend to ignore you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOLFDined on 8/4/2014I use to eat out a lot, all over the world actually. I only ate at fine restaurants. Since this was my wife's 60th birthday and we had won some gift certificates, we decided to go out to Mitchell's. From the bartender's excellent mixing of a Jack Daniels & water and the EXCELLENT service to the broad selections of courses to fine food, Mitchell's is everything you want for an evening out with your loved one or a special occasion. The atmosphere is also perfect for a business meeting. Congratulations to all of involved with the dining experience--you do it well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful AnniversaryAnniversaryhotspotDined on 8/2/2014We Went there to celebrate our first anniversary. We was seated fast and dealt with kindness from the moment we walked in. The staff was very eager to please. They have a menu that has things I would have never tried, But going out on a limb was well worth it. They went over an beyond by giving us a gift and card for our anniversary. I would recommend them to anyone. I do believe it's more an adult setting so find a sitter and enjoy an evening out with the wife. I will go back.Special Features:
- Friday wasn't Mitchells best.Ilike2eatsteakDined on 8/1/2014I eat at this establishment several times a year for special occasions and business dinners...Friday was the first time I've left feeling like I won't go back/recommend Mitchells any time soon. Food was below expectation, service was ok to a notch below, and the "experience" was the real let down. Generally when I spend north of $100 a head my expectation is to leave the restaurant feeling like I got what I paid for. In fairness to Mitchells the food almost always is better than what I experienced Friday, the atmosphere is usually different and the "experience" is usually above average for this restaurant category. Unfortunately for us, Friday wasn't Mitchells best.
- Fantastic in every wayMRLNRDDined on 8/1/2014This was fantastic! It's more expensive than your typical steakhouse but as I've always said, "you get what you pay for". Every item ordered was the best we have ever had...even the House salad! The atmosphere was very nice. The U-shaped, dark leather dinner booths reminded me of the Big Band era or the Tommy-Gun era. The staff was relaxed just enough to give you an upper-scale restaurant along with a friendly atmosphere. We actually enjoyed talking with the waiter and waitress (she was in training). It costs $120 for my wife and I to eat Filet Mignon steak with salads, including tip. Much more than what I typically pay for dinner but just can't wait to go back!! I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Anniversary DinneriflyvfrDined on 8/1/2014We went early and seemed to be about the first couple seated. Our waiter was wonderful, we were both anticipating nice steaks and I wanted to taste some nicer red wine. The waiter guided me through a Merlot and Cab Sav from Bordeaux, nice selections both. He seemed enthusiastic about our options and when we got to dessert, despite my interest in a much more expensive Cognac, he instead guided me to a cordial that blended perfectly with the cheesecake. Our waiter took care that we enjoyed ourselves, and I appreciated how he deftly steered me toward something he knew I would enjoy more, which really made me feel like he cared that we enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large group great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014We had 11 men out to dinner and had a great time. Food is fantastic and the staff is excellent.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary!love2eatDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at the Mitchell's Steakhouse Polaris! Very easy to find. Valet parking. Terrific guest service right away! Loved the very clean less cluttered look than other restaurants we have been to previously. Prompt service throughout the evening. Our waitress was fabulous! The food was amazing! I enjoyed the steak and shrimp scampi. Delicious! The scampi was served on top of the steak with more of a garlic butter cream. You could still taste the jumbo shrimp as it was not masked by a heavy garlic butter sauce. Was not like anything I have seen before-finally! The apple bread pudding is a must for dessert!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dinnerSavarinDined on 7/26/2014We were visiting Columbus and searched on line for a restaurant and saw the rave reviews for Mitchell's so we made reservations in advance. The reviews were not over exaggerated!!! The food was superb, a wonderful blend of spices and seasonings to arouse sleeping flavors in every bite from the appetizers to desserts. The food is top shelf, great quality steak and seafood and the service outstanding. We have traveled around the world and would rank this meal experience in the top 10 memorable meals in our lives.Special Features:
- enjoyed our dinnermdsmithDined on 7/25/2014We enjoyed the food very much. I had a melt in your mouth steak and my husband had a steal Oscar. I ordered from choices on their 3 course menu. It was a big money saver and got a salad, main course with choice of one side and cheesecake for dessert.Special Features:
- Special!TeallDined on 7/24/2014They go above and beyond for special occasions! Our own menu, free dessert, a picture, and a gift card!!!! WOW!!!!Special Features:
- New York to Columbussuziec611Dined on 7/22/2014The food was very good had the lobster soup to start of with. I had them add a bit of brandy which they accomodated and I thought was very nice. Also had the bone in filet...how can you go wrong with that! Was cooked perfect. This is a really great restaurant and their specialty drinks are very good. Had the Sidecar and it was yummy! A definate solid very good restaurant in Columbus.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014They did not accept my gift card for Cameron Mitchell, since it now Ruth Chris. It does not begin to come close to the steaks etc served at Ruth Chris , for the Money I would always go to Ruth ChrisI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Mitchell'sChuckDined on 7/13/2014We were very pleased with our server and our food. My wife had received three gift cards for what we thought was a Cameron Mitchell restaurant but were told they were owned by Ruth's Chris. We just paid up but they should really change their name or reflect in the name they are not affiliated with Cameron Mitchell restaurants.Special Features:
- what a special nightkayakmedicDined on 6/27/2014What away to finish off a great anniversary mitchell's just made this even more of a night to remember Awesome food great service thank you so muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceFoodLoverDined on 6/26/2014My boyfriend and I came here for our anniversary, and we loved it! They gave us a handwritten card, gift card, and a customized dinner menu made just for us two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Group DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014There is not a better spot in Columbus to host a group for dinner. We had a fantastic time and everything from the moment we walked in the door to the time we left, the service could not have been better. Very prompt, very professional, and they went out of their way to ensure our expectations were exceeded.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014This was our first time to visit Mitchell's Steakhouse, and it will not be our last. My wife and I were greeted graciously. Our waiter and sommelier, Jeff, provided excellent descriptions of how the food was prepared and was very knowledgeable regarding the extensive beverage opportunities. The food was nicely prepared and presented - very tasty! And, the prices were surprisingly reasonable. We enjoyed a leisurely dinner with never a hint of being rushed. All in all, it was a pleasant and relaxing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocrity reignsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/16/2014Steak was fat laden and not cooked to order. Room was so dark none of us could tell what we were eating. Service and noise level were good. Very expensive for very mediocre experience.
- Wonderful food!SteakVIPDined on 6/14/2014The meat was perfectly done. Appetizers were all excellent! We loved everything, except the food presentation. Regrettably. the plates were too small and bulky to put the wanderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Love this place, I secretly celebrated a pre-engagement. She loved it. Very romantic place. Best steak I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!ottergirl11Dined on 6/10/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and I could not have been more pleased with how they helped us celebrate the occasion! The food and service were excellent, and they added several personal touches just for him that we wouldn't have gotten anywhere else. Thank you for making this day so special for the both of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks Jeff and NickOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2014one of the best steaks i have had since we have been going there and the service from Jeff (and Nick the manager on duty stopped by) was top notch. should register all dinners through OpenTable so they get the kudos they deserve. Thanks!Special Features:
- Excellent once again!!!sstabesVIPDined on 6/6/2014My husband and I chose Mitchell's to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary! We requested private booth seating and were accommodated once again! The service was excellent, the food superb and management always acknowledges you as a returning guest. The staff (from the valet to the hostesses to the wait staff) is very professional and very friendly! Whether you are just on a date night our or a special occasion, you will always receive top notch quality service! Thank you Mitchell's for an excellent evening!Special Features:
- Excellentsears22Dined on 6/5/2014A definite must if you are looking for wonderful food, excellent staff and an overall great experience.Special Features: