Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Downtown
45 North Third Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Downtown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mitchellssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6146212333
- Hours of Operation:
Mitchell's Steakhouse is open Monday through Friday for lunch and daily for dinner. Lunch is served Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Dinner is served Monday through Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Sunday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bill Doehring
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We will work with you to plan your private event including customized menus, wine pairings and audio-visual needs. Our beautiful wine vault room is available for private parties and may accommodate up to 30 guests. From business meetings to holiday parties, Mitchell's Steakhouse will help you create a dining experience unparalleled in the city!
- Private Party Contact: Adam Gibson, General Manager 6146212333
- Cross Street: Gay Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available for $5.00 Monday through Friday starting at 6:00 p.m. and on Saturday and Sunday starting at 5:00 p.m. There are several parking lots and metered street parking near Mitchell's Steakhouse available during lunch service.
A word from Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Downtown
Experience The Modern American Steakhouse. Mitchell’s Steakhouse, raises the bar again, offering the best steak, seafood and wine in Columbus, Ohio. Our hand selected prime steaks are aged to perfection. Or choose your favorite cut from our selection of true Japanese Kobe beef. Our house made side dishes don’t just complement, they wow. Our wine list, featuring 200 of the world’s finest labels, earned the 2006 Wine Spectator award of excellence. This is not your father’s steakhouse. It’s Mitchell’s. The Modern American Steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Downtown - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)romantic (59)notable wine list (41)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (14)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Destination Spot!LisaDined on 10/19/2014Mitchell's is an exceptional restaurant with all the right pieces...food, service, atmosphere, pure class!!Special Features:
- A Great Experience That You Pay ForSEOhioDined on 10/17/2014Friday going to Mitchell's is an event -from watching the cars queue up on 3rd St to watching all the people who obviously go there FAR more frequently than this humble scribe. The service is hot-and-cold running everything. Ask, and you shall receive. THINK, and you shall receive. The food, is all excellent, from my perspective. A blissful oasis for adults. Again, blissfully, no Musak or roaming violinist. No cellphone chatter...please, SO declasse. If you answer your own cellphone, Mitchell's will serve you - .but you REALLY haven't been here often, have you? Very much a BMW 7 Series kind of place. No draft beer!! Bottle list is adequate but uninspired. Be prepared-the tip alone will run more than meals at other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerOsu2018Dined on 10/16/2014We went for our two year anniversary dinner and the service we received was amazing. The hostess was very kind and interested in what we were celebrating. She even took a picture of us and printed it off as we ate. The manager greeted us as well and was very welcoming. We will be celebrating our third year anniversary here as well!Special Features:
- A nice timeMissDoodleDined on 10/14/2014We had a romantic dinner with very good service. Steak and lamb cooked beautifully, oysters Rockefeller were also delicious. Didn't care for green bean side though. Anyhoo, very nice staff and overall a wonderful experience. Will definitely be back for another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so sofinedinerDined on 10/10/2014Most of us ordered the filet; my wife's came out over-done, and mine seemed dry even though it was ordered medium rare. The Gorgonzola crust add-on was missing Gorgonzola for the most part. Drink were good, but overpriced at 13.50 for an old fashioned that was average. The waiter also seemed to push us to order salad or soup if we didn't at first. I just wasn't that impressed.Special Features:
- Dinner and a showDLazDined on 10/9/2014We dined with another couple and had a wonderful meal. Our waiter was so attentive and funny. Great personality. Give it an A+.Special Features:
- Outstanding Meal, Superb ServiceBIP73Dined on 10/9/2014Wine and steak were absolutely the best! NY Strip cooked perfectly to medium rare with a side of asparagus. Enjoyed two glasses of a Super Tuscan wine. Finished with desert - bread pudding - which was very delicious. Our server was excellent. Great experience.Special Features:
- Special Occasion Made PerfectGreatSteakDined on 10/7/2014As we entered, the hostess asked if we were celebrating a special occasion. Since we were celebrating our 25th anniversary, the hostess sprinkled hearts over the table and we were treated like royalty the rest of the evening, including two free desserts and a photo taken and printed out for us. Even though we offered to split one dessert, they insisted we take two and even packed one up for us to take home for later. The food was perfect. My wife said the french onion soup was the best she ever had and my lobster bisque was delicious. The filet mignon was cooked to perfection and the port wine reduction sauce was a perfect complement to it. I would highly recommend Mitchell's for a great night out or celebrating a special occasion!Special Features:
- L & DourniteoutDined on 9/30/2014we are in Columbus about three times a year. Our visit here would not be complete unless we go to Mitchell's steakhouse. They have the best steaks on the planet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We went to celebrate our wedding anniversary and boy was it worth it! Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Excellent wait staff & service. Quiet ambiance with appropriate lighting and DELICIOUS food! What more could you ask for!! Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014We eat at Mitchell's about once every two months. The food is always excellent. John, our recommended server, is fabulous. He even remembers are preferences. The wild mushroom appetizer is to die for. Never have we had a bad experience at Mitchell's. Their aim is to please the customer. Valet parking even adds more enjoyment to dining out.Special Features:
- NyeahJohnboyDined on 9/27/2014I used to be a Mitchell's Steakhouse nut. I counted the days until we could go back. Although there was a Buckeye game and the restaurant was empty, my daughter's steak was charred and mine was cold.Special Features:
- SpecialDinnerfortwoDined on 9/26/2014This is a great restaurant for special occasions. The food was great, timely but not rushed. The service person was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive without being annoying. My only recommendation would be to lower the price of the wines. The mark-up seemed excessive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014We had a nice dinner before a symphony/ballet concert at the Ohio Theatre. Service was prompt. The three course prix fixe menu was perfect in terms of pricing and portion. Good, cold flavorful Caesar salad, nice little filet (although the shrimp on top were overcooked). Delicious cheesecake dessert with dark chocolate almond bark. Coffee was great,, too. Nice size pours on the Scotch on the rocks and the wine. Always a trustworthy place to dine. Beautiful building and short walk to the theatre past the capitol.Special Features:
- AmazingTKKTMTBTDined on 9/19/2014Our waitrer was the BEST we have ever had anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLisaVIPDined on 9/15/2014Our waitress went out of her way to see to all of our needs, but paid extra attention to our 90 year old guest of honor. A+ all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening !!!!!!!!!all16loveditDined on 9/13/2014Food, Staff and Ambiance was excellent! Party of 16 loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTRyanPDined on 9/12/2014Very impressed. We went there to celebrate our 1st anniversary. The food, atmosphere and service were excellent. Our server, Rodney, was probably the best server we have ever had. He was efficient, timely, knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. Total cost of dinner was around $200 but well worth it.Special Features:
- Good food, spotty serviceAesculusDined on 9/11/2014Dined here about a month ago on a visit to Columbus. If I had to do it again, definitely would have chosen Hyde Park instead. My steak was prepared well, but service was slow and most of my meal arrived at my table a bit cooler than I would have liked. Server took forever to arrive to take our orders, and in fact, the couple sitting right next to me had to complain to the manager in order to get served. They ended up getting free drinks and desserts. I guess we should have been a squeaky wheel as well! Anyway, probably an off night, as I've had better experiences at this restaurant in the past, since I visit Columbus several times each year, but this time, not so good.Special Features:
- Great Place for dinnerBradleyDined on 9/9/2014I live in Dallas, TX and I travel to Columbus monthly on business and this is my second time eating at Mitchell's Steakhouse. The food is amazing and the service is second to none. I am a huge steak person and living in Dallas we have the best around! I can say when away from home Mitchell's is a great contender.Special Features:
- First time WON'T be my last...tickledtastebudsDined on 9/1/2014What a romantic & decadent dining experience. Initially I was disappointed that the menu listed on the web differed from the in-house menu meant the item I had my heart set on was no longer available, the dish offered in it's place was quite delicious.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, but,pattiDined on 8/23/2014we didn't see our server for about 15 minutes and we poured our own wine and our white wine was not put in a chiller until we asked for one, which was about 15 minutes later.Special Features:
- saturday nightdollarDined on 8/23/2014I would rate the steaks and lamb as above average but not spectacular that I expected from a steak house. Our waitress "Jet" was very personable and good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014This was an awesome place to take my girlfriend on a date for our 9 month celebration. Of course it was expensive, but the food was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell's DowntownDRLGVIPDined on 8/17/2014What a wonderful meal. I will say the desserts are small compared to Ocean a Club.Special Features:
- will not recommenddisappointedDined on 8/16/2014We had excellent service but we were very disappointed with the rest of our meal. We ordered crab cakes to start with and they were vurnt, my beer and my wife's water had fruit files in them. These were quickly swapped out for new drinks. Our salads and bread was wonderful. My steak was fine but my wife ordered the lobster mac n cheese and it was very soupy and very little lobster in it for the $27 price tag. We have dined at many fine establishments, like del friscos and after hearing how great Mitchell's Steakhouse was we figured we would give it a shot and we knew we would spend about $150-$200, but our meal was nor worth the money. It was more of a $70 meal and not $139 plus tip.Special Features:
- One disappointmentbrailleman1948Dined on 8/16/2014This is NOT a Cameron Mitchell restaurant anymore. Gift cards not accepted. Very very misleading publicity. No where does it say the restaurant is owned by Ruth Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at mitchell'shjeffriesDined on 8/11/2014Great food and service - drove form Cincinnati for a lunch meeting and wasn't disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatRyanVIPDined on 8/9/2014Everything was great. The steak was amazing and the service was awesome. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- A an outstanding brandFinedinerDined on 8/7/2014The food and service are always enjoyable with Mitchell's.Special Features:
- Perfect for a special occasionDWRSBRDined on 7/30/2014From the moment we stepped into Mitchell's Steakhouse, we experienced genuine warmth and attention from managers, hostesses, and wait staff. The filet melted in our mouths and was seasoned just so. With little hearts strewn on the table cloth, a photo to mark the occasion, and a free dessert, our 20th anniversary was celebrated in style.Special Features:
- LOVE this restaurant!!RobertDined on 7/26/2014This was our second time at Mitchells downtown and again it was fabulous! Everything from beginning to end was just top notch! My wife and I love going here. It's a quieter atmosphere and the service and food are always perfect, no matter what you order. For a special occasion they treat you so nice and they even took a picture of my wife and I and gave it to us to take home that night! Such a nice added touch to make us feel special. The steaks are one of the best I've had in Columbus. You won't be disappointed if you go to Mitchells Steakhouse in downtown Columbus....that's all I'm going to say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious experience!Luvmitchells1Dined on 7/25/2014We had not been to Mitchell's for years, and we are so thankful to return. Absolutely beautiful building, delicious food from start to finish, and our service was perfection! Such a wonderful night! Thanks Mitchell's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner and ServiceCathyDined on 7/25/2014The dinner was and service were both excellent. Couldn't ask for better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food to the service...FANTASTICJCP32313Dined on 7/22/2014Occasion: Restaurant week in Columbus Price: Quite expensive on a regular basis but with the three course meal option during Restaurant week, it made the meal more affordable/appealing. Service: The waitress was knowledgeable, offered recommendations, and was very attentive. The host was pleasant and all employees were gracious. Food: The food was AMAZING. The steak was the best steak we've had, thus far. The appetizer and the dessert were fantastic. As we dined with other restaurants during the Restaurant week event, we found that no one else compared when it came to Mitchell's filet mignon. We recommend Mitchell's and will be dining there again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakInsurancedanDined on 7/21/2014Very nice place with great service. I had the bone in filet and it was amazing. Also would recommend the jalapeño potatoes and the wedge salad. Very nice wine list but all a little pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for birthday dinnerSallyDined on 7/21/2014A friend of ours had never been to Mitchell's, so we thought it would be a nice surprise for a birthday dinner. Our server wAs excellent, but overall it was not as good as I remembered. Steaks were grand, but I found nothing special about the sides.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experiencechlakedining215Dined on 7/20/2014Looking for a great place to take the family for dinner while visiting Columbus for the weekend. This was it. The service was great. Our server was very attentive and took special care of our kids. The food was excellent. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and Beyond!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Celebrated my wife's 40th birthday with friends. Champagne was waiting at the table when we arrived, food was prepared perfectly, and the chef nailed my wife's favorite, off-menu dessert I requested - Caramel Budino. This was a complete surprise to her and our guests. Great experience!Special Features:
- A great nightBugdaddyDined on 7/19/2014We had reservations for my birthday dinner and it was awesome. Food was great and service was wonderful. They even gave me a free dessert for my birthday. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.