Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Downtown
45 North Third Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Downtown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mitchellssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6146212333
- Hours of Operation:
Mitchell's Steakhouse is open Monday through Friday for lunch and daily for dinner. Lunch is served Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Dinner is served Monday through Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Sunday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bill Doehring
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We will work with you to plan your private event including customized menus, wine pairings and audio-visual needs. Our beautiful wine vault room is available for private parties and may accommodate up to 30 guests. From business meetings to holiday parties, Mitchell's Steakhouse will help you create a dining experience unparalleled in the city!
- Private Party Contact: Adam Gibson, General Manager 6146212333
- Cross Street: Gay Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available for $5.00 Monday through Friday starting at 6:00 p.m. and on Saturday and Sunday starting at 5:00 p.m. There are several parking lots and metered street parking near Mitchell's Steakhouse available during lunch service.
A word from Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Downtown
Experience The Modern American Steakhouse. Mitchell’s Steakhouse, raises the bar again, offering the best steak, seafood and wine in Columbus, Ohio. Our hand selected prime steaks are aged to perfection. Or choose your favorite cut from our selection of true Japanese Kobe beef. Our house made side dishes don’t just complement, they wow. Our wine list, featuring 200 of the world’s finest labels, earned the 2006 Wine Spectator award of excellence. This is not your father’s steakhouse. It’s Mitchell’s. The Modern American Steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)romantic (44)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (12)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We went to celebrate our wedding anniversary and boy was it worth it! Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Excellent wait staff & service. Quiet ambiance with appropriate lighting and DELICIOUS food! What more could you ask for!! Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014We eat at Mitchell's about once every two months. The food is always excellent. John, our recommended server, is fabulous. He even remembers are preferences. The wild mushroom appetizer is to die for. Never have we had a bad experience at Mitchell's. Their aim is to please the customer. Valet parking even adds more enjoyment to dining out.Special Features:
- NyeahJohnboyDined on 9/27/2014I used to be a Mitchell's Steakhouse nut. I counted the days until we could go back. Although there was a Buckeye game and the restaurant was empty, my daughter's steak was charred and mine was cold.Special Features:
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014This is a great restaurant for special occasions. The food was great, timely but not rushed. The service person was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive without being annoying. My only recommendation would be to lower the price of the wines. The mark-up seemed excessive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014We had a nice dinner before a symphony/ballet concert at the Ohio Theatre. Service was prompt. The three course prix fixe menu was perfect in terms of pricing and portion. Good, cold flavorful Caesar salad, nice little filet (although the shrimp on top were overcooked). Delicious cheesecake dessert with dark chocolate almond bark. Coffee was great,, too. Nice size pours on the Scotch on the rocks and the wine. Always a trustworthy place to dine. Beautiful building and short walk to the theatre past the capitol.Special Features:
- AmazingTKKTMTBTDined on 9/19/2014Our waitrer was the BEST we have ever had anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLisaVIPDined on 9/15/2014Our waitress went out of her way to see to all of our needs, but paid extra attention to our 90 year old guest of honor. A+ all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening !!!!!!!!!all16loveditDined on 9/13/2014Food, Staff and Ambiance was excellent! Party of 16 loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTRyanPDined on 9/12/2014Very impressed. We went there to celebrate our 1st anniversary. The food, atmosphere and service were excellent. Our server, Rodney, was probably the best server we have ever had. He was efficient, timely, knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. Total cost of dinner was around $200 but well worth it.Special Features:
- Great Place for dinnerBradleyDined on 9/9/2014I live in Dallas, TX and I travel to Columbus monthly on business and this is my second time eating at Mitchell's Steakhouse. The food is amazing and the service is second to none. I am a huge steak person and living in Dallas we have the best around! I can say when away from home Mitchell's is a great contender.Special Features:
- First time WON'T be my last...tickledtastebudsDined on 9/1/2014What a romantic & decadent dining experience. Initially I was disappointed that the menu listed on the web differed from the in-house menu meant the item I had my heart set on was no longer available, the dish offered in it's place was quite delicious.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, but,pattiDined on 8/23/2014we didn't see our server for about 15 minutes and we poured our own wine and our white wine was not put in a chiller until we asked for one, which was about 15 minutes later.Special Features:
- saturday nightdollarDined on 8/23/2014I would rate the steaks and lamb as above average but not spectacular that I expected from a steak house. Our waitress "Jet" was very personable and good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014This was an awesome place to take my girlfriend on a date for our 9 month celebration. Of course it was expensive, but the food was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell's DowntownDRLGVIPDined on 8/17/2014What a wonderful meal. I will say the desserts are small compared to Ocean a Club.Special Features:
- will not recommenddisappointedDined on 8/16/2014We had excellent service but we were very disappointed with the rest of our meal. We ordered crab cakes to start with and they were vurnt, my beer and my wife's water had fruit files in them. These were quickly swapped out for new drinks. Our salads and bread was wonderful. My steak was fine but my wife ordered the lobster mac n cheese and it was very soupy and very little lobster in it for the $27 price tag. We have dined at many fine establishments, like del friscos and after hearing how great Mitchell's Steakhouse was we figured we would give it a shot and we knew we would spend about $150-$200, but our meal was nor worth the money. It was more of a $70 meal and not $139 plus tip.Special Features:
- One disappointmentbrailleman1948Dined on 8/16/2014This is NOT a Cameron Mitchell restaurant anymore. Gift cards not accepted. Very very misleading publicity. No where does it say the restaurant is owned by Ruth Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at mitchell'shjeffriesDined on 8/11/2014Great food and service - drove form Cincinnati for a lunch meeting and wasn't disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatRyanVIPDined on 8/9/2014Everything was great. The steak was amazing and the service was awesome. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- A an outstanding brandFinedinerDined on 8/7/2014The food and service are always enjoyable with Mitchell's.Special Features:
- Perfect for a special occasionDWRSBRDined on 7/30/2014From the moment we stepped into Mitchell's Steakhouse, we experienced genuine warmth and attention from managers, hostesses, and wait staff. The filet melted in our mouths and was seasoned just so. With little hearts strewn on the table cloth, a photo to mark the occasion, and a free dessert, our 20th anniversary was celebrated in style.Special Features:
- LOVE this restaurant!!RobertDined on 7/26/2014This was our second time at Mitchells downtown and again it was fabulous! Everything from beginning to end was just top notch! My wife and I love going here. It's a quieter atmosphere and the service and food are always perfect, no matter what you order. For a special occasion they treat you so nice and they even took a picture of my wife and I and gave it to us to take home that night! Such a nice added touch to make us feel special. The steaks are one of the best I've had in Columbus. You won't be disappointed if you go to Mitchells Steakhouse in downtown Columbus....that's all I'm going to say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious experience!Luvmitchells1Dined on 7/25/2014We had not been to Mitchell's for years, and we are so thankful to return. Absolutely beautiful building, delicious food from start to finish, and our service was perfection! Such a wonderful night! Thanks Mitchell's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner and ServiceCathyDined on 7/25/2014The dinner was and service were both excellent. Couldn't ask for better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food to the service...FANTASTICJCP32313Dined on 7/22/2014Occasion: Restaurant week in Columbus Price: Quite expensive on a regular basis but with the three course meal option during Restaurant week, it made the meal more affordable/appealing. Service: The waitress was knowledgeable, offered recommendations, and was very attentive. The host was pleasant and all employees were gracious. Food: The food was AMAZING. The steak was the best steak we've had, thus far. The appetizer and the dessert were fantastic. As we dined with other restaurants during the Restaurant week event, we found that no one else compared when it came to Mitchell's filet mignon. We recommend Mitchell's and will be dining there again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakInsurancedanDined on 7/21/2014Very nice place with great service. I had the bone in filet and it was amazing. Also would recommend the jalapeño potatoes and the wedge salad. Very nice wine list but all a little pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for birthday dinnerSallyDined on 7/21/2014A friend of ours had never been to Mitchell's, so we thought it would be a nice surprise for a birthday dinner. Our server wAs excellent, but overall it was not as good as I remembered. Steaks were grand, but I found nothing special about the sides.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experiencechlakedining215Dined on 7/20/2014Looking for a great place to take the family for dinner while visiting Columbus for the weekend. This was it. The service was great. Our server was very attentive and took special care of our kids. The food was excellent. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and Beyond!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Celebrated my wife's 40th birthday with friends. Champagne was waiting at the table when we arrived, food was prepared perfectly, and the chef nailed my wife's favorite, off-menu dessert I requested - Caramel Budino. This was a complete surprise to her and our guests. Great experience!Special Features:
- A great nightBugdaddyDined on 7/19/2014We had reservations for my birthday dinner and it was awesome. Food was great and service was wonderful. They even gave me a free dessert for my birthday. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Classic SteakhouseBillyLordDined on 7/10/2014Mitchell's Steakhouse is as good as you'll find anywhere in the country. All of the classic meat dishes and ala carte sides are here, along with an attentive, but not overbearing, waitstaff. The wine list is good, although the selection by the glass leaned too far to the new world for my palette. As for ambiance, the modern and elegant room is expansive and high-ceilinged, yet remained quiet enough for conversation the night we were there. I've eaten in fine restaurants in over 40 countries and if it's classic, high-end American Steakhouse fare you want, you won't be disappointed with Mitchell's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - friendly servicePike2013VIPDined on 7/3/2014This is a very nice restaurant with good food and good food service. The staff is polite and all the dishes we ordered were delicious. One area of improvement would between cocktail orders service time. It seemed to take a long time to receive your drink after ordering it. 10 minutes is too long. Valet service is conveniently located in front of the restaurant. The restaurant is owned by Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentIluvwineVIPDined on 6/28/2014this is one of the few places where I have gone and ordered a steak rare and it actually came rare. I was impressed with the quality of the food. our waitress had a very good knowledge of wine. she recommended a red zinfandel that was excellent. I was very happy with her recommendation. if looking for a very nice evening out with a good meal then this is it. I only have one suggestion for this place which I will add to the private note section of the survey for the restaurant. hyde park, Morton's, Ruth Chris and other high end steak places I have been to have all done one thing and that is put the napkin on your lap when you sit down. I think that should be a standard not over looked. I will return it is wonderful dinning experience.Special Features:
- Gary & Jenny's AnniversaryPerfectAnniversary18Dined on 6/28/2014We chose Mitchell's Steakhouse has we had never been before. We really enjoyed it. Great food, great atmosphere. They made our anniversary very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Excellent service. nice large tables. Make sure you have a reservation.Special Features:
- CarlyCarlyDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I had dinner at Mitchell's for date night and it was great. Our server was amazing (curly dark hair, glasses, tall, I apologize I forget her name) and didn't miss a beat. She was very attentive to our needs and wanted to ensure we had a great night. My husband's birthday was in the same week so I notated that in our reservation as I wanted to do something special for him and the gentleman at the host stand said Happy Birthday to him and they brought out a special dessert on a "Happy Birthday" plate and it was awesome! Overall a great dining experience with incredible food, awesome wine and the best creme brulee EVER!Special Features:
- Fathers Day 2014MitchsDined on 6/14/2014The food was fabulous. I was put off that the manager came over to the table in front of ours and said you I see you are celebrating an anniversary but tomorrow for fathers day we are giving a $25 gift card for your next visit. I thought that is a nice gesture. I was there with my husband and father celebrating fathers day. Did I get that same offer, no I didn't, I left and went out to the valet and retrieved my car and was getting upset just thinking about that. I went back in and spoke to the lady at the reception desk and she said she didn't know but would check with her manager.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014Always hits the mark. Great food. Prepared well everytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysryguy88Dined on 6/8/2014My wife and I's favorite restaurant. We went for our anniversary and again were treated exceptionally with great food!Special Features:
- The following 830 reviews are from the Mitchell's Steakhouse - Columbus Downtown reviews archive.
- Date NightccarsonDined on 5/24/2014Terrific place for a special night out. Kinda pricey but the service and food are simply incredible.Special Features: