Mitchell's Fish Market - Winter Park
460 North Orlando Avenue - Suite 122
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 4073393474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday:
4:00pm - Midnight, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Ken Hoffman 4073393474
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Winter Park
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Mitchell's Fish Market - Winter Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)great for outdoor dining (87)fit for foodies (85)good for groups (63)neighborhood gem (56)romantic (54)great for lunch (33)notable wine list (19)hot spot (19)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)scenic view (6)Show More
- Quiet and enjoyableOscarandAvivasMomVIPDined on 10/15/2014My husband and I enjoyed a lovely meal. We requested a quiet table and were seated in a booth that was near the window.....just the perfect spot. The food was very good. Seafood gumbo is a hit! Indulged in a delicious dessert. Very good service. We will return.Special Features:
- Such a lovely lunchOscarandAvivasMomVIPDined on 10/10/2014Mitchell's is in a good location with plenty of parking as well as valet service. The hostess was pleasant and acknowledged us immediately. We were seated quickly, given a choice between a booth or a table. The noise level was low in part due to the early lunch hour. Our server came to the table as soon as we were seated to introduce herself and offer drinks. We did not feel rushed. The lunch menu offers an abundance of choices, including fresh fish entrees as well as salads and sandwiches. One person ordered a fresh fish entrée that she selected accompanied by the rice and beans. She said it was delicious and ate every bite. The remaining two of us both ordered the seafood Cobb and it was outstanding! No desserts were ordered.Special Features:
- Disappointed regularOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/9/2014Mitchell's is one of our regular places to eat in Winter Park and usually consistent in food quality . We both had the lobster and were looking forward to the sweet meet but instead had salty lobster and vegetables . We were trying to scrap the seasoning off the tops to try and reduce the sodium . Will never order the lobster again ! Was disappointed in restaurants response ...they simply said they will check with kitchen to see if they were using right salt shaker as they have different sizes for different foods. That's it !
- Fine selection of great food.MygoodnessDined on 10/4/2014Arrived 1/4 hr late, but no problem from courteous greeters. Chad was both helpful and knowledgeable Server. Everyone ordered different and food arrived together. Wife pronounced steak and lobster perfect for her. My sea bass was outstanding. Son from Baltimore said it the best seafood meal he had eaten, including famous Inner Harbor eateries. No complaints from others in party. One suggestion was that Basil cocktail could have more alc and less sweetener. Everyone said they would return and recommend.Special Features:
- JC64Dined on 9/29/2014Mitchells never disappoints. Excellent service as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RayjDined on 9/28/2014GREAT SETTING AND GREAT FOOD, WILL GOOD BACK AGAINSpecial Features:
- love the fishmrbob111Dined on 9/28/2014Stuffed seabass was great. Good portions on everything, but the shark fin pie was very heavy and too sweet. Knowledgeable staff and waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow seatingFinediner85Dined on 9/27/2014Saturday night and slow seating even with reservation so we sat at high top, server didn't realize nobody gave us menus so an extra 20 minutes. Food arrives, good but tenderloin on stick still mooing, but lobster was good. Overall food very good, service slow.Special Features:
- Couples niteMyTSharp1Dined on 9/26/2014Food was spec-fabulous, and service was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Helga1001Dined on 9/25/2014This is one of my favorite places. The menu provides enough variety to please everyone, even those who are not seafood fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good foodCaritsaVIPDined on 9/25/2014We came during Magical dining month . Two of our party ordered from MDM and two ordered off the regular menu. The service was great. Our server was very knowledgable and helpful and very friendly. The food was good. The shark fin pie was just okay.Special Features:
- I expected good food.VeraDined on 9/24/2014The food was not amazing which was what I was expecting. It took a little while for us to get our food. When we finally got it the mash potatoes were cold. We told our waitress and she was very nice and brought us a second set of mash potatoes, those were hot but extremely salty. Because we were legitimately wanting to eat mash potatoes we ended up nibbling on the cold mash potatoes.Special Features:
- Not as good as last yearOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/24/2014Something was off. I had a wonderful meal last year during Magical Dining and was looking forward to going back this year and was disappointed. All 4 of us felt that it wasn't as good as we remembered. The steak skewers and lobster dish failed. Steak was cooked nicely, but tough. The lobster had seasoning sprinkled on top that over powered. You had to dunk in the butter to tone down the seasoning. All in all it just failed in comparison to a year ago.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/23/2014Been to Mitchell's a number of times, and have always had a great experience. However, this time I noticed how slippery the wooden floors are. In fact, a lady who was coming into the restaurant slipped and fell as she entered. And I noticed that when I went to the restroom, I had to be extra careful walking on the floors. I might recommend some type of coating be put on the floors to make them have more traction.Special Features:
- MsDi2uDined on 9/23/2014we just moved here from the dallas area and have missed good food restaurants especialy in sea food. this restaurants was perfect for meeting our cravings and envionment. will definitely will return.Special Features:
- MrMikeDined on 9/20/2014Overall a very good dinner. Everything was cooked to perfection. Wife really liked the sea bass stuffed with shrimp and lobster. My lobster tail and sirloin tips were very good. Friend had the cobia and said it was great. The crème Brulee was good but a bit soupy. Wife said the butter pecan ice cream in the Shark Fin was good but didn't like the peanuts or the crust. The music was good but to loud to enjoy a conversation and was intrusive.Special Features:
- Best Seafood in townStanDined on 9/20/2014I had the Lobster Tail and Fillet while my wife had the Sea Bass along with salad and dessert. All the seafood was perfectly prepared and not overcooked till dead as some restaurants serve it. The service was spot on and the steak done to order. Great spot we will go back.Special Features:
- good choicePete2Dined on 9/20/2014This was our first dining experience here for our anniversary and the food and atmosphere were awesome. The customized menu for our special occasion was a surprise and made us feel welcome. We liked the location and the cleanliness and can not wait to return in the near future. The entire meal including customer service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutDinnerDined on 9/19/2014We visited Mitchell's with a group of friends as our Friday night dinner. We choose it because of the Magical Dining Menu. We ended up order more then just the three courses on the menu. Everything was excellent! Our server was top notch and did not lead us wrong on any of his recommendations! We loved everything we ordered and had a great time!! We will definitely be back here soon!Special Features:
- Excellent Food SLOW ServiceStcam62Dined on 9/19/2014The Food was excellent, we had a party of 6 and all enjoyed their meal. The service on the other had was lacking. The waiter was very attentive but the it took forever for the food and bar drinks to come to the table. When waiting for the desserts to arrive the waiter apologized and told the kitchen is really busy and backed up and things have been running slow all nite. We were at at approximately 6:45 and did not leave until well past 9:00. As a restaurant manager my self, I understand these things happen but better planning (It was a Friday night) and staffing would prevent this. Also the bills for all three couples were completely mixed up and it took 3 attempt to correct them. Ours actually took 4 attempt to finally get it correct.Special Features:
- poor service and food qualitychrisbDined on 9/18/2014The service was awful/slow. We had to send the food back 3 times because it was delivered cold. The manager did try to appease us by comping our bill for 10%, but I will never return there.Special Features:
- Nice PlacelocaljoeDined on 9/18/2014We had not eaten here before and had heard that it was very good. The food was very good as was the service. Special kudos for Martin the valet Parking attendant. He recognized us when we were ready to leave and got our vehicle right away. We live in the Dr. Phillips area so this was quite a drive for us during the rush hour time. We were an hour getting to the restaurant. We are not likely to do that again soon.Special Features:
- Looking forward to our next visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014Mitchell's delivered first class seafood with excellent service. The staff was very welcoming, helpful and attentive to our needs. The restaurant is very inviting and comfortable. They expertly prepared our sea bass which was also stuffed with shrimp and lobster.Special Features:
- A perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/17/2014I was looking for someplace to celebrate my best friend's birthday and chose Mitchell's. What an amazing evening. The food, service, and atmosphere was simply perfect for the four of us. I'd even called ahead to mention that we were celebrating and they'd taken the time to print the birthday girl's name on the menu. A very nice touch! We'll definitely return the next time we find ourselves in the area.Special Features:
- Perfect for Girls Night OutHorsecrazyDined on 9/16/2014We sought out this restaurant to take advantage of the Orlando Magical Dining but I would definitely come back without any incentive!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/16/2014Mitchell's Fish Market is upscale yet cozy and the food is amazing. They have an extensive menu and special menu options in addition to that. Be sure to save room for dessert, the Shark Fin Pie is the highlight of the meal!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was horribleDisappointedDined on 9/15/2014Ghe food was good, but the service horrible! It was an awful place to take visitors from abroad. The waitress brought the dessert menu before all the guests were finished eating and then had the nerve if we wanted to order dessert before the las guests dinner plate was taken away. He had literally just put his fork down. She offered no suggestions of what was possible to supplement the sides even after being asked nicely 3 timesSpecial Features:
- AWESOMEjustforus2Dined on 9/14/2014I love this restaurant food was very good had zero complaints waitress very knowledgeable everything was great from portion to price I will return shortly.... my boyfriend is a picky Eater and he loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatIlovefoodDined on 9/14/2014Food was superb. Salmon was excellent. Soup salads were tasty. Stuffed fish was perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- Disappointed in multiple waysFoodhugs85Dined on 9/14/2014Even though I made a reservation for a special occasion they seated us in the bar. Order items that never came. Orders came out wrong (wrong side) potatoes were cold. A restaurant selling themself as fresh seafood over cooked the lobster tail! Asked for steak with a pink but not bloody center was so well done I couldn't even eat it. Never an apology and never saw a manager. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- InterestingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The clam chowder and poppy seed vinaigrette salad were flavorful. My husband enjoyed the grilled marinated skewers with the lobster tail. I had the cobia fish with the sticky rice, steamed with fresh ginger and scallion, soy-ponza sauce. I enjoyed the fish it was a large portion but there was too much sauce overwhelming the plate ,so ask them to go light on the sauce. My husband and son enjoyed the sharkfin for dessert.Special Features:
- WonderfulmomofboysVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was fantastic and the service was SUPERB! Request Reggie as your server, he was fantastic!Special Features:
- Fabulous Service and delicious foodDspdiningDined on 9/13/2014We went to Mitchell's primarily because of the Magical Dining promotion happening in the Orlando area, but we will definitely be returning. The food was fantastic and the service was excellent! We started off with calamari which was perfectly crispy. The promotion included a salad and dessert, both of which were amazing. For my entree I ordered the crab and lobster stuffed sea bass which I devoured and my fiance ordered the beef tenderloin skewers with lobster tail. The beef was so tender and cooked perfectly. The service was incredible as well, our waitress was very attentive and the food came out quickly. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great local food spotChefvic24Dined on 9/12/2014Fish was amazingly fresh. We had cobra, sea bass, lobster and steak. Great service. Wine list was good. Not too many international wines, more Californian but great selection. Appetizers were great, many different preparations of the many different fresh seafood. Outside ambiance was great same with inside. It's large but yet romantic and secluded if your get a nice booth seat. Complementary valet was phenomenal on a Saturday in winter park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time at MitchellsletseatDined on 9/11/2014Our first visit consisted of a party of five. We arrived early so decided to have a drink in the bar.We had a very pleasant waiter who was more than happy to answer any questions we might have since we were unfamiliar with the restaurant.He explained the way the menu worked concerning the different kinds of fish and their different preparations.He was very helpful. Once we were seated in the dining area, we also had a very pleasant and helpful waitress. She explained our options for each meal and answered any questions we had.The dinners we chose were presented well and tasted delicious.The waitress checked on us several times to see if we needed anything.It was a very pleasant dining experience and we will definitely return againSpecial Features:
- Magical DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014Service was slow. Mistakes with Bill. Food was good. May not visit again due to billing mistakesSpecial Features:
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 9/11/2014If you love fresh fish this is your place. We eat there every week for lunch.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014The magical dining menu brought us to this place. Their regular menu was outstanding. The selection of fish was extensive and difficult to make a choice. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Try another oneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014As soon as we asked for the special menu we where treated like a second class citizen , everyone's food was cold the service was very bad. The food was so bad that the manager comped the mealsSpecial Features:
- Great food! Not special enough...dantran99Dined on 9/8/2014I took my family there to celebrate my mom's birthday. I had made reservations and even noted that it was her birthday. At the door, we were greeted and the hostess personal wish my mom a happy birthday. New had a pleasant dinner, and the server knew it was my mom's birthday. We had sea bass, oysters, cobia, seafood pasta, and yellow fin. The food was great! When dessert came, we got what we ordered but there was no birthday desert given. This was the first time I've been to a restaurant that didn't give a birthday dessert. I was a bit embarrassed. At another upscale seafood restaurant comparable to Mitchell's, we received custom printed menus wishing my fiancée a happy birthday as well as a Baked Alaskan for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.