Mitchell's Fish Market - Winter Park
460 North Orlando Avenue - Suite 122
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 4073393474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday:
4:00pm - Midnight, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Ken Hoffman 4073393474
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Winter Park
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Mitchell's Fish Market - Winter Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)great for outdoor dining (66)fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (50)romantic (47)good for groups (46)great for lunch (30)notable wine list (17)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (7)Show More
- AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014I love this restaurant food was very good had zero complaints waitress very knowledgeable everything was great from portion to price I will return shortly.... my boyfriend is a picky Eater and he loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Food was superb. Salmon was excellent. Soup salads were tasty. Stuffed fish was perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- InterestingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The clam chowder and poppy seed vinaigrette salad were flavorful. My husband enjoyed the grilled marinated skewers with the lobster tail. I had the cobia fish with the sticky rice, steamed with fresh ginger and scallion, soy-ponza sauce. I enjoyed the fish it was a large portion but there was too much sauce overwhelming the plate ,so ask them to go light on the sauce. My husband and son enjoyed the sharkfin for dessert.Special Features:
- WonderfulmomofboysVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was fantastic and the service was SUPERB! Request Reggie as your server, he was fantastic!Special Features:
- Fabulous Service and delicious foodDspdiningDined on 9/13/2014We went to Mitchell's primarily because of the Magical Dining promotion happening in the Orlando area, but we will definitely be returning. The food was fantastic and the service was excellent! We started off with calamari which was perfectly crispy. The promotion included a salad and dessert, both of which were amazing. For my entree I ordered the crab and lobster stuffed sea bass which I devoured and my fiance ordered the beef tenderloin skewers with lobster tail. The beef was so tender and cooked perfectly. The service was incredible as well, our waitress was very attentive and the food came out quickly. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great local food spotChefvic24Dined on 9/12/2014Fish was amazingly fresh. We had cobra, sea bass, lobster and steak. Great service. Wine list was good. Not too many international wines, more Californian but great selection. Appetizers were great, many different preparations of the many different fresh seafood. Outside ambiance was great same with inside. It's large but yet romantic and secluded if your get a nice booth seat. Complementary valet was phenomenal on a Saturday in winter park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time at MitchellsletseatDined on 9/11/2014Our first visit consisted of a party of five. We arrived early so decided to have a drink in the bar.We had a very pleasant waiter who was more than happy to answer any questions we might have since we were unfamiliar with the restaurant.He explained the way the menu worked concerning the different kinds of fish and their different preparations.He was very helpful. Once we were seated in the dining area, we also had a very pleasant and helpful waitress. She explained our options for each meal and answered any questions we had.The dinners we chose were presented well and tasted delicious.The waitress checked on us several times to see if we needed anything.It was a very pleasant dining experience and we will definitely return againSpecial Features:
- Magical DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014Service was slow. Mistakes with Bill. Food was good. May not visit again due to billing mistakesSpecial Features:
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 9/11/2014If you love fresh fish this is your place. We eat there every week for lunch.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014The magical dining menu brought us to this place. Their regular menu was outstanding. The selection of fish was extensive and difficult to make a choice. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Try another oneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014As soon as we asked for the special menu we where treated like a second class citizen , everyone's food was cold the service was very bad. The food was so bad that the manager comped the mealsSpecial Features:
- Great food! Not special enough...dantran99Dined on 9/8/2014I took my family there to celebrate my mom's birthday. I had made reservations and even noted that it was her birthday. At the door, we were greeted and the hostess personal wish my mom a happy birthday. New had a pleasant dinner, and the server knew it was my mom's birthday. We had sea bass, oysters, cobia, seafood pasta, and yellow fin. The food was great! When dessert came, we got what we ordered but there was no birthday desert given. This was the first time I've been to a restaurant that didn't give a birthday dessert. I was a bit embarrassed. At another upscale seafood restaurant comparable to Mitchell's, we received custom printed menus wishing my fiancée a happy birthday as well as a Baked Alaskan for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical Dining Month FeatureFlaGal13Dined on 9/6/2014We went to Mitchell's because it was participating in Magical Dining Month. Three of the four of us ordered the featured menu, while my husband ordered off the menu. The options from the fixed menu were varied. The servings were perfect size and we felt satisfied with the amount. As stated in the MDM website, we did have to request the menu. Once we selected, the service was prompt and thorough. Everything was timely and our bar service was excellent. I specifically was looking for a martini that is now not on the menu. The bartender still made it for me and the other guest in our party. We will definitely go back to Mitchell's.Special Features:
- Great ServiceCobraClub12Dined on 9/5/2014Teresa was very professional about the service she provided to us. We will ask for her again on the next yisitSpecial Features:
- Good food, good portionAnnabethDined on 9/5/2014I love the cobia fish and see bass in Shanghai sauce. We ordered the pasta 24$, we actually can split that three ways between my 3 kids 5-10 yo! We also order the kids menu and it's a good portion size as well for $6.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A FINDTIKKYDined on 9/4/2014WENT WITH TWO OTHER COUPLES TO CELEBRATE OUR ANNIVERSARY. WE WERE GREETED RIGHT AWAY AND SEATED. SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT, FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING (I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE STUFFED SEA BASS). I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT AND PLAN ON RETURNING.Special Features:
- Great place for seafoodHvgFunDined on 9/4/2014We went for the Disney Restaurant Month special and wound up ordering off the regular menu. The food was wonderful. Our service was very good. Looks like they have a nice happy hour menu, too. We would go back. Loved it.Special Features:
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 9/3/2014Always fresh fish and served timely. Eat there weekly.Special Features:
- Too long a waitOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/31/2014We had a great server, but was assigned too many tables and was not able to provide the level of service expected for an establishment like this. Waited for appetizer, wine and meal. All took too long. Considered leveling but our server explain they where short staff in servers and kitchen. This was our first visit and for the money spent our last. Too many options in the vicinity with much better management.Special Features:
- First Time...not lastgnrs007Dined on 8/30/2014This was our first time at Mitchell's and it did not disappoint. The atmosphere was great the service was awesome and the food was just as good as expected. We started with the Crab, Artichoke & Spinach dip which was very tasty. My wife had the 2 cold water lobster tails and I had the sea food stuffed cod with a lemon butter sauce. Both were very good and cooked just right. The fresh baked bread that they bring was also very good. We did not have room left for dessert but we are going back to try it out the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Good food and the wait staff was quite supportive with his time. He offered good suggestions for food and beverages.Special Features:
- FRESH AND VARIEDJOHNVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was great and the service evn better, The menu was varied and well explained. The staff was well versed and attentive.Special Features:
- Feels like downtown Winter ParkGarbearDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I looked at the time when we finished our meals. One hour had gone by. Everything was so good that it seemed we had just arrived. The lobster tail, steak, yellowfin tuna, house salads, the bread, and great service all combined to make a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineluv2dineVIPDined on 8/29/2014Happy they brought back the Americana dish it is one of our favs, besides the char oysters another fav.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner with Family. great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014It had a great menu for the Magical Dining. The food was excellent. I definitely will return again. I enjoyed it very much. My main course was wonderful and the magical dining selections were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IloveseafoodDined on 8/29/2014We like to go to Mitchells at lunch or dinner and are never disappointed. The food is good, and we always feel that it is special to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent all aroundMagicalDiningGirlDined on 8/28/2014We went to Mitchell's during Magical Dining and it was wonderful! Our server Henry was the best! The food was exquisit! If you haven't been there it is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 8/27/2014We eat there often and always leave satisfied. I have a cup of the seafood gumbo even when it's 95 degrees outside and a piece of grilled fish (always fresh). Always feel I've had a healthy meal.Special Features:
- Great food, watressLeesburgpreacherDined on 8/23/2014This was our 50th wedding anniversary and a special night. The staff was awesome, the food was outstanding... The cod, chowder were show stoppers. We all said we shall return. The service was the best we have had in the Orlando area. The ambience and decor make for a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014Service with a smile. Food was only so-so. Fish was "fishy"
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/18/2014We particularly liked one of our waiters; think his name was Andy? Good service, unobtrusive. Pleasant without being over the top.Special Features:
- Plan on it!memorymakerDined on 8/17/2014We always make sure we plan a dinner at Mitchell's when we are in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell sjillDined on 8/17/2014Absolutely love this restaurant. It is great for large groups. They have a wide selection on the Menu for fish lovers and meat lovers. In may we had a party for 30 in a private room. Last week we had a party of 10 and we were in a private room again. The service is awesome. There is also free valet parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I Came to Orlando like many other parents during move in time weekend for the UCF campus. It just so happened to be my birthday weekend. We spent it at Mitchell's. I would recommend this establishment to everyone.Special Features:
- Excellent All AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Excellent food! Service was great, the waiter was friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu - giving us several great recommendations. Great atmosphere inside - would be great place for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014It's a great spot for a date night. The food is phenomenal. The service was pretty good, too. Our food came out pretty quickly. The hostess was so sweet and friendly! But during dinner, the server seemed to disappear. I would have ordered another glass of wine but by the time she came back I was already done with dinner. Other than that, it was fantastic! We really had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiDined on 8/7/2014Great food...great waiter, eveything was prepared perfectly & served on time. Waiter was terrific, served us 5 ladies well & he added to the fun for us! We will definetly be back soon!Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceDavidDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I love this place. The food and service are impeccable. I would recommend this restaurant to those who want a vibrant but yet a romantic place to eat.Special Features:
- Great experienceChrisnNickiDined on 7/31/2014This is our go-to fish place. never had a bad meal, very affordable and great wine too. The fish gumbo is amazing as is the salmon. Has=d sockeye this time, limited availability, but WOWSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceDining4SeniorsDined on 7/30/2014This is a real gem in the heart of an interesting area of Winter Park Village which is a shopping and ding area. The is an outdoor eating area as well as a well appointed indoor area. The Waiter told us that Thursday-Sunday there was live entertainment outside. I had the crab cakes which were excellent and my wife had the Sam Adams fish and chips also excellent. We most certainly will be dining here again and again.Special Features: