Mitchell's Fish Market - Winter Park
460 North Orlando Avenue - Suite 122
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 4073393474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday:
4:00pm - Midnight, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Ken Hoffman 4073393474
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Winter Park
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Mitchell's Fish Market - Winter Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)great for outdoor dining (66)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (46)good for groups (45)romantic (43)great for lunch (31)great for brunch (15)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (9)scenic view (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Good food and the wait staff was quite supportive with his time. He offered good suggestions for food and beverages.Special Features:
- FRESH AND VARIEDJOHNVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was great and the service evn better, The menu was varied and well explained. The staff was well versed and attentive.Special Features:
- Feels like downtown Winter ParkGarbearDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I looked at the time when we finished our meals. One hour had gone by. Everything was so good that it seemed we had just arrived. The lobster tail, steak, yellowfin tuna, house salads, the bread, and great service all combined to make a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineluv2dineVIPDined on 8/29/2014Happy they brought back the Americana dish it is one of our favs, besides the char oysters another fav.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner with Family. great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014It had a great menu for the Magical Dining. The food was excellent. I definitely will return again. I enjoyed it very much. My main course was wonderful and the magical dining selections were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We like to go to Mitchells at lunch or dinner and are never disappointed. The food is good, and we always feel that it is special to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014We went to Mitchell's during Magical Dining and it was wonderful! Our server Henry was the best! The food was exquisit! If you haven't been there it is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 8/27/2014We eat there often and always leave satisfied. I have a cup of the seafood gumbo even when it's 95 degrees outside and a piece of grilled fish (always fresh). Always feel I've had a healthy meal.Special Features:
- Great food, watressLeesburgpreacherDined on 8/23/2014This was our 50th wedding anniversary and a special night. The staff was awesome, the food was outstanding... The cod, chowder were show stoppers. We all said we shall return. The service was the best we have had in the Orlando area. The ambience and decor make for a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014Service with a smile. Food was only so-so. Fish was "fishy"
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/18/2014We particularly liked one of our waiters; think his name was Andy? Good service, unobtrusive. Pleasant without being over the top.Special Features:
- Plan on it!memorymakerDined on 8/17/2014We always make sure we plan a dinner at Mitchell's when we are in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell sjillDined on 8/17/2014Absolutely love this restaurant. It is great for large groups. They have a wide selection on the Menu for fish lovers and meat lovers. In may we had a party for 30 in a private room. Last week we had a party of 10 and we were in a private room again. The service is awesome. There is also free valet parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I Came to Orlando like many other parents during move in time weekend for the UCF campus. It just so happened to be my birthday weekend. We spent it at Mitchell's. I would recommend this establishment to everyone.Special Features:
- Excellent All AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Excellent food! Service was great, the waiter was friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu - giving us several great recommendations. Great atmosphere inside - would be great place for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014It's a great spot for a date night. The food is phenomenal. The service was pretty good, too. Our food came out pretty quickly. The hostess was so sweet and friendly! But during dinner, the server seemed to disappear. I would have ordered another glass of wine but by the time she came back I was already done with dinner. Other than that, it was fantastic! We really had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiDined on 8/7/2014Great food...great waiter, eveything was prepared perfectly & served on time. Waiter was terrific, served us 5 ladies well & he added to the fun for us! We will definetly be back soon!Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceDavidDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I love this place. The food and service are impeccable. I would recommend this restaurant to those who want a vibrant but yet a romantic place to eat.Special Features:
- Great experienceChrisnNickiDined on 7/31/2014This is our go-to fish place. never had a bad meal, very affordable and great wine too. The fish gumbo is amazing as is the salmon. Has=d sockeye this time, limited availability, but WOWSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceDining4SeniorsDined on 7/30/2014This is a real gem in the heart of an interesting area of Winter Park Village which is a shopping and ding area. The is an outdoor eating area as well as a well appointed indoor area. The Waiter told us that Thursday-Sunday there was live entertainment outside. I had the crab cakes which were excellent and my wife had the Sam Adams fish and chips also excellent. We most certainly will be dining here again and again.Special Features:
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 7/28/2014Seafood gumbo and the crispy shrimp apps are great. I get a different fish every time I go and always grilled. We enjoy eating there once a week at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner - skip the dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Everything we ordered was awesome (except dessert). For apps we had salads, oysters, etc. and for our main courses we had the Chilean sea bass; filet mignon; rib-eye; and the Seafood Americano. All the food to that point was really good, and the martini's were outstanding. The only drawback was dessert. We had the shark bite pie (mini version) and the crème brulee. The shark bit pie was hard to eat because the crust was so thick; the crème brulee -- the crème was thin and runny and the brulee was way too thick. We would definitely go back for the dinner again, and would just go somewhere else if we want dessert.Special Features:
- Just FairJackDined on 7/26/2014First, The AC in our area was off or didn't work. It was very humid, so much so that the restroom floors were slick. The wine list consists of 80% overpriced entry level choices and 20% Medium level, also overpriced. The highlight of the meal was the few appetizer oysters. The shrimp were large and tough. The Caesar salad was small, but OK. Our fish tasted old; just a hint of ammonia. It's convenient to the theaters. That's its' best point.
- Above and beyondjtorresDined on 7/26/2014I made a request to add some decorations for my wife’s birthday and the team at Mitchell’s went all the way to personalize menus. Very thankful with the staff, food was amazing as always.Special Features:
- shyniwynidineDined on 7/21/2014I loved Mitchell's! I went for my birthday dinner and our server and food was AWESOME! I reserved a table for 9 and got a cute and cozy private room by surprise! Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite seafood restaurantMichelleDined on 7/21/2014I love Mitchell's both for the food and the location. Winter Park is so much more laid back and less congested than the "restaurant row" area in Orlando that is overrun by traffic, so that's one plus for Mitchell's for me. The biggest plus though is the food. I've always had consistently good service and the fresh food is fantastic. The charbroiled oysters are terrific. I'm more of a shellfish person, so I tend to go for lobster or crab and it's always very good. Right now on Mondays they are having twin lobster tails for 19.99 and they were wonderful!Special Features:
- First visit in twelve yearsRidges23Dined on 7/20/2014After moving from a location with a Mitchell's, we have been on a search to find another when we travel. We found this location and it was just as we remembered. The service was great and the location was also. We only stopped in to have the Sharkfin Pie dessert. It change slightly over the past 12 years but we still loved it and so did our kids. When in Orlando or any other city that has a Mitchell's, this will surely be one of our stops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Wife's BirthdayLovethePats2014Dined on 7/16/2014I made reservations for 6:15 on July, 16, 2014 ( my wife's birthday. We ordered the $29.99 special of skewers of Beef and a Lobster tail. Henry was our waiter and he was excellent.The food was excellent except for the New England Clam Chowder.There were too many potatoes and not enough clams. Also the potatoes were not soft indicating that they were not fully cooked,Also my wife noted that the chowder seemed to be made with evaporated milk and not cream. We are from New England and know what good clam chowder tastes like. Other wise the meal was great. The mashed potatoes were out of this world. Also enjoyed the creme brulle.Special Features:
- Really excellentCJ2345VIPDined on 7/15/2014We have been here twice and both times had excellent meals and service. Will gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 7/12/2014Eat there once a week. Love the gumbo and fish & chips. Always great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent..will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014We really enjoyed our meal. The service was very personable. I would defiantly come back.Special Features:
- Over-pricedDineAlotDined on 7/8/2014We enjoyed the evening there - until the final check. While the service and atmosphere were very good, the food was average. The Fixed Price offering, plus two glasses of wine and tip, put the final check at a ridiculously high price. The food simply is not exceptional. For this type of pricing one expects above-average to exceptional food. That was not what we experienced.Special Features:
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 7/4/2014My wife gets the fish & chips and loves them. I usually get grilled fish of some sort and always enjoy. The service is always is always good but we really like one particular server (Lana).Special Features:
- Less than expectedMJW1Dined on 6/27/2014Had dined at Mitchell's in other cities. Was hoping for a similar experience. Good service, great location in Winter Park. Food was average at best.Special Features:
- In keeping w the brandFlankDined on 6/24/2014Only ate at the Columbus sites before this. It is chapter and verse up to the brand excellence i am accustomed too. Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time had by allbirthdayplaceDined on 6/21/2014Took a friend for her birthday with a party of 6 adults. Wonderful service, great food and excellent selection (something for everyone, even the "non-fish lovers). You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- happytravelersDined on 6/21/2014Got home from a fabulous family cruise the day before and had lunch at this restaurant before we went our separate ways. It was perfect to sit there, eat a great meal and talk. The menu had choices to satisfy everyone, fish lovers and not fish lovers. The desserts were one of a kind, really special. For what we wanted to close out our time together, this was the perfect setting. The servers were friendly, helpful, and attentive to what we needed. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good as UsualTinaVIPDined on 6/20/2014Mitchells has excellent jumbo lump crab dip that I always get and am never disappointed. Our waittress this time and older woman was not very friendly or social...just barely doing her job and hardly ever came back. Other than that flaw, the chef did well.
- problemherbVIPDined on 6/18/2014they didnt do too well since the chef wasnt there!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/18/2014Good value for the money. Food and service are good.Special Features: