Mitchell's Fish Market - Waterfront - Pittsburgh
185 West Waterfront Drive
Homestead, PA 15120Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Waterfront - Pittsburgh
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 4124768844
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11am- 4:00pm Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Tenya Cervantes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: MJ Morris 4124768844
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Waterfront - Pittsburgh
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Mitchell's Fish Market - Waterfront - Pittsburgh - Best Restaurants in Waterfront ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Waterfront - Pittsburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)great for outdoor dining (83)good for groups (64)scenic view (56)romantic (51)fit for foodies (49)great for lunch (46)neighborhood gem (31)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (9)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- Sunday retreatThomDined on 8/31/2014Our waiter, Barry, was exceptional. Always a great place for a relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014We always choose Mitchell's when looking for fresh, well-prepared seafood. Our party enjoyed the tuna steaks prepared on cedar planks and with the teriyaki-style glaze. I chose the grilled tilapia for it's simple preparation and it was delicious.Special Features:
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We thoroughly enjoyed dining there on 8/30. Wonderful food great atmosphere! Loved the lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute Thought after rain dayLovetwoEATDined on 8/30/2014Greeted by what seemed the entire staff, this was just what was needed after a day of rain. We requested the covered outdoor seating . We had a great view of the river and lovely flowers. The waitress was great and just attentive enough. The food was good and timed well. This place has only disappointed us one time but not today we will return.Special Features:
- Nice dining spotWaterfrontDined on 8/29/2014Really good fish menu options and sides that complement the fish you choose. Service is friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated my daughter B-day!miloDined on 8/28/2014The service and food all were great. We were not rushed, and for my daughter there was a complimentry desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Service a bit offAirfoxDined on 8/27/2014Had a great meal here last night. The food was great but the service is a bit off. Took a while to get the food and they messed up our bill ... but overall it is definitely worth a visit... no need to worry about parking here, which is greatSpecial Features:
- friendly staffSchnitzel2014Dined on 8/23/2014I am always so impressed by the friendliness and kindness of the staff. I have to allergies and the servers went above and beyond to accommodate my needsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Time at MitchellsHappyfaceDined on 8/22/2014We had a great time at Mitchell's. It was my first time at your restaurant. He had made reservations and we were taken in immediately. Our server was friendly and very helpful, the food was delicious, and the ambience was excellent. We were in a party of six and each one of us ordered a different dish. Each one of us enjoyed our meal. Thank you for the lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceWle33Dined on 8/20/2014We came to celebrate an anniversary and enjoyed everything we had to eat (and drink!). We were also treated to a dessert since it was our anniversary, which was not expected. Will plan on being back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Lover's DelightChefBobVIPDined on 8/18/2014Great restaurant on the waterfront. Fresh fish flown in daily. Great inside dining room, with large bar. We dined on the patio overlooking the water. Scenic view and great setting. Kara, our waitress was quick and charming. She normally tends the bar, but obviously has many restaurant skills. The drinks were right on, and the Ahi Tuna was seared perfectly. The Twin Lobster tails were perfect, with a huge portion of Redskin potatoes. The Ceasar salad was a delight, and Kara was kind enough to bring anchovies. The Bairdi Crab was plentiful, and full of crab meat. The mini shark-fin ice cream desert topped off a perfect evening. $96 including drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I have always been a fan of Mitchell dinning,I will be be back soon,Thank you for the great service.Special Features:
- Very goodWeeklyDinerDined on 8/17/2014Nice place to eat on The Waterfront. Seafood, steak, drinks were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food. Too noisywow0521Dined on 8/17/2014The food was amazing but we sat close to the kitchen window in which we felt for a more pricey restaurant that it was just a bit to loud for us to enjoy our parties conversation :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!StarsdawnDined on 8/17/2014Food was great, server was helpful and polite. Will go back again!Special Features:
- The BlessingDonsBlessingsDined on 8/16/2014This was my second time at Mitchell's. It was a delightful experience. The only problem in dining outside was that the wind kept blowing out our candle for heating the melted butter. Our server was very pleasant and prompt with requests. All in all a wonderful day.Special Features:
- Great Food, Good AtmosphereBooklover15216Dined on 8/14/2014If you are looking for good seafood, Mitchell's is the place. The food is always excellent. There is fresh seafood daily, which can be prepared to your liking. The atmosphere is traditional and the services is great. My one pet peeve is having to ask for drink refills; this is never an issue at Mitchell's. There are private rooms or the dining room can be converted to a larger space if needed. I would highly recommend Mitchell's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little slowwaitedDined on 8/12/2014the waitress and her trainee greeted us immediately. there were maybe 2 other tables filled at 3:00 in the afternoon. we had a party of 7. they took our drink orders and returned quickly. she then took our food order and then we waited and waited and waited. by the time our food was served my potatoes were cold. I didn't bother to say anything cause I didn't know how long it would take to get them back. everyone enjoyed their food it just took too long to get it. I don't know what they would have done if the restaurant had been busy. there were a few other issues also.Special Features:
- KarenDined on 8/10/2014Mitchell's Seafood Restaurant at the Waterfront in Homestead has been a favorite of ours since it opened. Changes have been made over the years but the food is still excellent and it is a very good place to celebrate family events. Service is good and the staff is excellent and knows the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014We went for girlfriends birthday dinner ... and she loved everything about it .... and her kids ("tweens") loved it as well ..... the outside seating by the river was perfectSpecial Features:
- Good, Fresh FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014This place is good, but the portions are a bit small, and the prices are a bit absurd.Special Features:
- Great foodNikkimDined on 8/8/2014Delicious tasting fine dining experience. Some meals are high in price, but the specials are well worth it. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Saved by KaylaFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014After a somewhat rocky start (they seemed to not know we were there), Kayla came by and asked if anyone had waited on us. When she learned that no one had, she stepped right in and made the rest of the evening pleasant. The management picked up the cost of our appetizers because of the wait for service. Food was good, and atmosphere on the patio was great although they might want to get some potted plants to hide the side view of the parking lot. We would definitely go back. Thanks to Kayla.Special Features:
- PuzzlingRicoPghDined on 8/2/2014I had reservations, we arrived early, and there was a crowd waiting to be seated. But we were led to a table right away, and then abandoned for at least 15 minutes. The restaurant was really crowded and bustling; one reason for the delay was that a sudden rainstorm caused all of the people eating outside to migrate indoors. Then our waitress appeared, very apologetic, and offered a free appetizer (we ordered one appetizer, and split it). I ordered Atlantic Salmon, and asked for it to be cooked 'medium.' It was somewhat cooked on the outside, but completely raw on the inside, and barely lukewarm. Everything else was fine .... but you would think that a restaurant that specializes in seafood would know how to cook it properly.
- special occasionJohnBDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary with a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafoodQueenieDined on 7/27/2014If you are looking for fresh seafood this is the place. There are many dinners to choose from. The prices are reasonable. Dining in the outside area or a table by the window gives you a beautiful river view.Special Features:
- Great timeTrailriderDined on 7/26/2014We came to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary - everything was perfect! Thank you so much for making it a memorable occasion!! p.s I think the "review hints" on this page is very tacky and insulting. I hope you find my observation "useful" and not "irrelevant." Lord knows, I would so hate to waste your valuable time on my meaningless peasant opinions...Special Features:
- birthday dinnerPittsburgherDined on 7/18/2014We've always enjoyed Mitchell's Fish Market....family dinner for my husband's birthday...food was great...everyone ordered something different and enjoyed their meals.....dessert certainly could be shared, but we all order our own anyway. Waiter was great/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dining Experiencejeaner823Dined on 7/18/2014The food and service were good. The menu was recently updated to include new choices and different preparation styles for the fresh fish which was nice. They also kept classic menu items such as the Seafood Americana which is definitely a good thing! The Elderflower and Pear martini is one of my favorites! It was not on the menu that night but I was still able to order it. I also ordered a latte which did not seem to be made correctly. It wasn't hot, didn't taste like a latte and had whipped cream on top. I love whipped cream but it just wasn't what I expected when I ordered a latte.Special Features:
- outstanding dinnerdeligirlDined on 7/14/2014We dine here often and are never disappointed. Lobster melted in your mouth and the Hoisen BBQ scallops were delicious! Outdoor seating completed a perfect night out.Special Features:
- GlobobDined on 7/14/2014The $19.99 Monday night specials are amazing. The place is clean and the atmosphere is great. We and a group of our friends are planning a trip back next week and are looking forward the that melt in the mouth lobster. We have recommended this to many of our friends and they are anxious to try it. Looking forward to our next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceSirEatsalotDined on 7/11/2014We waited for awhile and when we were seated the food took forever to come out of the kitchen. Good news is that the manager did frith by us and adjusted the bill. Still, it was a long night.Special Features:
- Nice outdoor lunchLaurieDined on 7/11/2014We ate on the patio with a view of the river. It was very relaxing and a beautiful day. The food at Mitchell's is always great. Felt like it was more good than great on this day.Special Features:
- Great Seafood SelectionTastyDined on 7/6/2014The food was excellent except for the shrimp special for the Fourth of July weekend. Beautiful shrimp - but they were on two skewers and the end shrimp - maybe four on each skewer were opaque - needed cooked more and they would have been excellent and great price.Special Features:
- DisappointingbgtrfvVIPDined on 7/6/2014We were very disappointed that there is no longer a Sunday brunch menu.
- EatiingoutDined on 7/5/2014Good food and nice service. Love the lobster specials! Best blue cheese salad dressing in the city.Special Features:
- Great food along with high pricestwilckDined on 7/4/2014We continue to dine here and after every experience we say the same things. Great food nice atmosphere but extremely over priced. We eat out about 6 times a month and at some really fine resturants. Mitchell's offers good seafood, a pretty good atmosphere but isn't a good value. We may come back but it will be not in the near future. Too many better places in the Pittsburgh area.Special Features:
- wispy sea bassOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014The Chilean Sea Bass was disappointingly small, esp. in light of costing almost $40. It was about half the size of the Sea Bass I have gotten in other seafood restaurants. Everything else was very pleasing and delightful about this dining experience.Special Features:
- Great FoodjtweberDined on 6/26/2014I eat here regularly had have never had a bad experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday SpecialGordonDined on 6/23/2014The twin cold water lobster tails were delicious and the price unbeatable!Special Features: