Mitchell's Fish Market - Waterfront - Pittsburgh
185 West Waterfront Drive
Homestead, PA 15120Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Waterfront - Pittsburgh
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 4124768844
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11am- 4:00pm Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Tenya Cervantes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: MJ Morris 4124768844
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Waterfront - Pittsburgh
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Mitchell's Fish Market - Waterfront - Pittsburgh - Best Restaurants in Waterfront ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Waterfront - Pittsburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (72)special occasion (62)scenic view (51)good for groups (50)great for lunch (39)romantic (37)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (10)late-night find (8)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- GlutenFreeDined on 10/19/2014My Chilean sea bass prepared Shang Hai style was wonderful. My companions really enjoyed their seafood and butternut squash tortellini. The restaurant is gluten-free friendly, and the waiter seemed very knowledgeable about gluten free needs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rained out...RickFeastsDined on 10/3/2014Our plan was to start with happy hour on the deck with river view, but Pittsburgh weather being what it is, we had to go to Plan B. We ate inside, and the food was great. We really appreciate the staff's ability to add one guest to our reservation at the last minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014One of the best fish restaurants in the city, particularly friendly to older individuals (nearby nursing home/assisted living center). We have been going there for years.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or MissRobinsreviewDined on 9/26/2014Mitchell's can be surprising good, as in their steak and lobster tail combo, and frustratingly bad, as in serving me a thin oily piece of cobia from the fish's belly- awful... It was replaced with a better cut. Why try to pawn off inferior cuts in the hope that the diner is ignorant?Excellent, if somewhat overly chatty, waiter. Lovely view of the Allegheny River from comfortable outdoor table. Inside is rather gloomy and dark- could stand a makeover...Special Features:
- KgirlKGirlDined on 9/20/2014The food was excellent, service was good , except getting our drinks. We ordered the pineapple vodka infused martinis and it took for ever to receive them, but overall it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too impressedJustWantANiceMealDined on 9/20/2014Booked an online reservation for 7:30. Arrived at 7:20. At 7:50 I asked the receptionist how much longer. She said she had been trying to page us and then told me the pager was "broken" and laughed. I didn't think it was funny. We were sitting 10 feet away and she never once called my name. When we were seated we waited for a while to get an order in. At this point everyone was very hungry but the server was pleasant. It was disappointing to my guest that only one fish on the menu was wild caught. My son's fish, which he ordered grilled, was burned on one end. The Butternut Squash Tortellaci lacked much butternut squash and the lobster was chewy. Real lobster? Maybe not. This was my first visit and possibly my last.
- awesome!thecityneversleepsDined on 9/19/2014I was pleasantly surprised. We sat outside which had a beautiful water view. Food was delicious and the service was perfect. The waiter made an error in writing down my daughter's order, and the manager came out and fixed it right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh FishEMKWMVIPDined on 9/15/2014The fresh fish list is always great, and this trip I enjoyed the grilled sea scallops, which were prepared exactly right. I eat at Mitchell's often and the food never disappoints.Special Features:
- Perfect September eveningPGeetDined on 9/13/2014The food at Mitchell's is reliably good - and that's no small thing when cooking seafood. What makes the experience outstanding is how accommodating and friendly everyone is. I requested an outdoor table although the weather was getting chilly; when we got out on the back patio, we were the only ones out there! I made a comment, wondering why no one else was out on such a nice night and was casually told that it was officially closed but since I had requested a table outside, Mitchell's kindly obliged without a fuss - they even rolled over a heater to make sure we were comfortable. We had a lovely, quiet meal on the banks of the Mon.Special Features:
- My very first timeOurshellfishreturnDined on 9/13/2014It was my first time dining there. I had heard about it. But living the experience was better than what I'd heard. Everyone treated us with the upmost respect we felt very welcomed there. The atmosphere was elegant. I enjoyed everything about it! And would and will recommend Mitchell's to any and everyone. Thanks for the wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner !luncheondivaDined on 9/11/2014Consistently good service and food. Add the great window view and this is indeed a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not always consistentwebgoddessVIPDined on 9/9/2014The food quality is generally always good to excellent. The service jumps around from fair to good. Lately seems they have hired a number of servers without personality and communicate skills, which doesn't serve the public well, and also people who don't pay that much attention to detail, so although this is one of my favorite restaurants locally, for the money you will spend, I would have to say it's not been the best experience the last few visits.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebration70SomethingDined on 9/6/2014A nice place to celebrate a special occasion - too expensive for a weekly visit (except for Happy Hour). I ordered the fruiti Di Mare which was a mistake. Seafood was very scarce and small. Mussels were overcooked and small. My husband ordered Sea Bass which was wonderful. Would order that the next time. Waitress was very accommodating and subbed green beans when my husband said he didn't like broccoli. A large group with children was seated next to us, so it was rather noisy. We will definitely return, but I will order something else. Cocktails were goodSpecial Features:
- Family Reunion LunchIrishladyDined on 9/6/2014This is the 4th O'Toole Ladies Reunion we've had Mitchell's in the Captain's Quarters. EVERY time the staff has been wonderful to work with...always feel welcome. Wasn't happy with paying $10 for "house" wine ... but we will be back ...thanks for everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good steaksCarolroseVIPDined on 9/1/2014It had been a while since my last visit, and it hardly seems like the same restaurant. The menu is much smaller and less inventive. I was disappointed that two of my favorites are no longer on the menu, the Shanghai preparation (my go to) and the Ginger Crusted Salmon. The menu of fish available is also much smaller. I ended up with crab cakes which were decent, very spicy for my taste. My husband's steak, though, was great. Others at our table very much enjoyed the oysters and scallops.Special Features:
- Sunday retreatThomDined on 8/31/2014Our waiter, Barry, was exceptional. Always a great place for a relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- SandpiperDined on 8/31/2014We always choose Mitchell's when looking for fresh, well-prepared seafood. Our party enjoyed the tuna steaks prepared on cedar planks and with the teriyaki-style glaze. I chose the grilled tilapia for it's simple preparation and it was delicious.Special Features:
- Great mealTastyDined on 8/31/2014There were three of us and the food and service was great. Scallops are so tender and blackened was excellent. Tuna a little fatty but good. Beef very good. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We thoroughly enjoyed dining there on 8/30. Wonderful food great atmosphere! Loved the lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatiingoutDined on 8/30/2014Food is always good and servers are pleasant and extra nice. It is so convenient to use Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- melko48Dined on 8/30/2014I had always heard of Mitchell's being an excellant place to dine. We did not have a great experience, it wasn't terrible, just not great. We had 3 different waitresses/waiters which I didn't understand that and the food was just ok. My husband had a couple beers but I never got a refill on my Sangria! I ordered twin lobster tails, they were not flavorful and a little dry. The best of the whole dinner was the appetizer which was the bacon wrapped shrimp, that was delicious! We still might give another try, maybe it was an off night!Special Features:
- Last Minute Thought after rain dayLovetwoEATDined on 8/30/2014Greeted by what seemed the entire staff, this was just what was needed after a day of rain. We requested the covered outdoor seating . We had a great view of the river and lovely flowers. The waitress was great and just attentive enough. The food was good and timed well. This place has only disappointed us one time but not today we will return.Special Features:
- Nice dining spotWaterfrontDined on 8/29/2014Really good fish menu options and sides that complement the fish you choose. Service is friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated my daughter B-day!miloDined on 8/28/2014The service and food all were great. We were not rushed, and for my daughter there was a complimentry desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Service a bit offAirfoxDined on 8/27/2014Had a great meal here last night. The food was great but the service is a bit off. Took a while to get the food and they messed up our bill ... but overall it is definitely worth a visit... no need to worry about parking here, which is greatSpecial Features:
- friendly staffSchnitzel2014Dined on 8/23/2014I am always so impressed by the friendliness and kindness of the staff. I have to allergies and the servers went above and beyond to accommodate my needsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Time at MitchellsHappyfaceDined on 8/22/2014We had a great time at Mitchell's. It was my first time at your restaurant. He had made reservations and we were taken in immediately. Our server was friendly and very helpful, the food was delicious, and the ambience was excellent. We were in a party of six and each one of us ordered a different dish. Each one of us enjoyed our meal. Thank you for the lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceWle33Dined on 8/20/2014We came to celebrate an anniversary and enjoyed everything we had to eat (and drink!). We were also treated to a dessert since it was our anniversary, which was not expected. Will plan on being back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Lover's DelightChefBobVIPDined on 8/18/2014Great restaurant on the waterfront. Fresh fish flown in daily. Great inside dining room, with large bar. We dined on the patio overlooking the water. Scenic view and great setting. Kara, our waitress was quick and charming. She normally tends the bar, but obviously has many restaurant skills. The drinks were right on, and the Ahi Tuna was seared perfectly. The Twin Lobster tails were perfect, with a huge portion of Redskin potatoes. The Ceasar salad was a delight, and Kara was kind enough to bring anchovies. The Bairdi Crab was plentiful, and full of crab meat. The mini shark-fin ice cream desert topped off a perfect evening. $96 including drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I have always been a fan of Mitchell dinning,I will be be back soon,Thank you for the great service.Special Features:
- Very goodWeeklyDinerDined on 8/17/2014Nice place to eat on The Waterfront. Seafood, steak, drinks were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food. Too noisywow0521Dined on 8/17/2014The food was amazing but we sat close to the kitchen window in which we felt for a more pricey restaurant that it was just a bit to loud for us to enjoy our parties conversation :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!StarsdawnDined on 8/17/2014Food was great, server was helpful and polite. Will go back again!Special Features:
- The BlessingDonsBlessingsDined on 8/16/2014This was my second time at Mitchell's. It was a delightful experience. The only problem in dining outside was that the wind kept blowing out our candle for heating the melted butter. Our server was very pleasant and prompt with requests. All in all a wonderful day.Special Features:
- Great Food, Good AtmosphereBooklover15216Dined on 8/14/2014If you are looking for good seafood, Mitchell's is the place. The food is always excellent. There is fresh seafood daily, which can be prepared to your liking. The atmosphere is traditional and the services is great. My one pet peeve is having to ask for drink refills; this is never an issue at Mitchell's. There are private rooms or the dining room can be converted to a larger space if needed. I would highly recommend Mitchell's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little slowwaitedDined on 8/12/2014the waitress and her trainee greeted us immediately. there were maybe 2 other tables filled at 3:00 in the afternoon. we had a party of 7. they took our drink orders and returned quickly. she then took our food order and then we waited and waited and waited. by the time our food was served my potatoes were cold. I didn't bother to say anything cause I didn't know how long it would take to get them back. everyone enjoyed their food it just took too long to get it. I don't know what they would have done if the restaurant had been busy. there were a few other issues also.Special Features:
- KarenDined on 8/10/2014Mitchell's Seafood Restaurant at the Waterfront in Homestead has been a favorite of ours since it opened. Changes have been made over the years but the food is still excellent and it is a very good place to celebrate family events. Service is good and the staff is excellent and knows the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014We went for girlfriends birthday dinner ... and she loved everything about it .... and her kids ("tweens") loved it as well ..... the outside seating by the river was perfectSpecial Features:
- Good, Fresh FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014This place is good, but the portions are a bit small, and the prices are a bit absurd.Special Features:
- Great foodNikkimDined on 8/8/2014Delicious tasting fine dining experience. Some meals are high in price, but the specials are well worth it. Keep up the good work!Special Features: