Mitchell's Fish Market - Tampa
204 WestShore Plaza
Tampa, FL 33609Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 8132893663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to Midnight. and Sunday from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ben Bowman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Corinne Berrett, General Manager 8132893663
- Entertainment: In addition to a seafood feast of absolute freshness in our beautiful dining room of deep red mahogany woods and leather upholstery, you can also relax and enjoy our wine list and world-class cocktails in Charlie's Octopus Bar. You may also enjoy live piano music in our bar Friday and Saturday evenings, from 6:00 p.m. until close.
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Tampa
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Mitchell's Fish Market - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)good for groups (66)great for lunch (45)romantic (43)fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (6)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Impressive, cuisine & serviceMeducatorVIPDined on 7/12/2014This was our third visit this year , and I keep returning for the consistent fine food and service..we received a friendly greeting at reception seated in a comfortable booth as requested. Our server was delightful. For our entrees we enjoyed the summer special menu: lobster tail and tenderloin kebabs. Yum. A manager stopped by and on our way out thanked us for dining with them. Nice touch in today's busy world. They did everything right..I highly recommend this fine restaurant in Westshore area in Tampa..Special Features:
- Not your typical stuffy restaurantIlovefoodDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I had dinner here a couple of times before. We love the service and the ambiance. So for my husband's birthday dinner recently, the choice was clear that Mitchell's Fish Market would be a great place to celebrate with our friends and family. I made reservations through Open Table I indicated that I was celebrating a birthday. The restaurant called me the morning of the event to confirm. When we got there that evening they led us into one of their private rooms and instantly I was surprised. I was not expecting a room for my party nor did I expect they would personalize their menu to wish my husband a happy birthday. They completely went above and exceeded my expectations. It is definitely not your typical "stuffy" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MitchellsWebmcDined on 7/5/2014Good food but slow service. Restaurant was very warm and uncomfortable. Charbroiled oysters were good with just the right amount of spice and my frutti di mare pasta was very good though it can be a touch go with the large fresh pasta it comes with. Wife enjoyed her seafood Americana. Did not leave room for the "shark fin" dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Tampa restaurantGWizDined on 6/28/2014It is always great to return to Mitchell's when I visit Tampa. It has become one of my favorite Tampa restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicebirthdaygirlDined on 6/27/2014I had a lovely birthday lunch with my mother and sister at Mitchell's. The food was very good - my mom and sis got lobster bisque and split a fresh salad with salmon on top. I had the fresh ahi tuna sandwich on croissant. Food, service and atmosphere were all very good, and the meal affordable at lunch prices. We all noted we liked the concept of choosing the type of fish and treatment separately for a dinner selection and would definitely return for dinner sometime. All fresh fish....never frozen is an appealing feature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentswillkyDined on 6/24/2014Our fish was perfectly prepared. Our first time, we went for our anniversary and it was fabulous! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014mis-informed, mis-quoted. KM was nice, front of the house was less attentive. stuffy, too may "Mitchell's does not do that"; would have to reconsider a return trip
- ChewyDined on 6/21/2014I made reservation's on Wed the 18th for Sat the 21st @ 7 for 4 people. we were sat in the bar, it was noisy & the service was terrible! I told my friends about the Sharks Fin Deseret & how last time we were there there was 5 of us & we couldn't eat it all. this time it was 1/2 the size & 3 of us ate it all! Before dinner came I went to the restroom & saw that there were six 4- tops in the dinning room & after making reservations 3 day's in advance I don't understand why we were sat in the bar! I don't believe we will be going back anytime soon!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014I have been to this restaurant many times and the food was always very good. This time however, my girlfriend had a dish that was way too salty! I wanted her to send it back, but she didn't. Also I ordered a second martini and the glass was only a third filled. Very disappointing! Won't be going back anytime soon!I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDisapiontedDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I had a good time, the food was great, will be going back soon
- Out againFridayDinesDined on 6/20/2014Everytime we dine at Mitchell's it's wonderful and we're there almost every FridaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's Nite OutSunshine025Dined on 6/20/2014I frequent this place often and LOVE IT each time I go so, I decided to pick this for our Girl's Nite Out this time. It was a BIG success! There were 9 of us and not one person had a complaint about the ambience, food, service, location, or anything else. Our waiter was excellent and joined in on our fun. The only reason I didn't give him 5 stars is because we had to ask for our drinks to be refilled. Other than that, he was an EXCELLENT waiter so we didn't hold that against him. Everyone of us talked about how good our food was and how nice our night turned out overall. The hostess was VERY professional in helping me change my reservation time to a later time. I don't think I'll get any rejections to returning for another Girl's Nite Out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 16! Great experience!ReginaDined on 6/18/2014Recommend to anyone. Portions are large! Especially dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid range at bestProsperFoodieVIPDined on 6/17/2014Have now been to Mitchell's three times and on each visit it was just "ok" at best. Location is convenient near airport for a biz dinner but the food is lacking. They kitchen is inconsistent and the food unimaginative. They have a good selection of fresh product on display but the cooking lacks. For example I ordered the tuna seared with the Asian preparation. What I got was a slightly grey colored slab of fish on a bed of soggy spinach with strong garlic over tones. Almost like it had been put in a warm fry pan instead of a screaming hot grill. Service is good so no knocks on the staff ( seems to slow down when busy) but the kitchen will keep me away until they get things figured out. If you want seafood in Tampa...keep looking.
- Good FoodGaryMDined on 6/15/2014The food here is great very fresh and the sides are good too. Also had a desert which was excellent tooSpecial Features:
- NO ThanksSuesDined on 6/15/2014Not interested in writing a public review - private message to restaurant below.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceMitchellsFanDined on 6/15/2014We are never disappointed by Mitchell's Fish Market. The food is wonderful. The lobster tails are perfectly cooked, and the redskin mashed potatoes are fabulous. The caesar salad is not to be missed - it is the best we have ever had. The service is always excellent - attentive, but not overbearing.Special Features:
- Father's DayWilliamsDined on 6/14/2014I took my fiancé there again for Father's Day and we loved it. We ordered the Seafood Americana!!! YummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, Excellent!GlennDined on 6/14/2014We have been to Mitchells Fish Market many times. We come back for the food. They have an excellent selection, it is well prepared, and well presented. This is my favorite sea food restaurant in Tampa.Special Features:
- ChristineDined on 6/14/2014Consistently good. Owned by Ruth's Chris, this is a great restaurant. Well worth the money, fresh fish and very good steaks.Special Features:
- Early dine is fineterryDined on 6/14/2014Looking for a quiet hour to enjoy a leisurely dinner, we find 5 pm best as staff is calm and not loaded up and the dining area is mostly empty. So our service, food preparation and presentation is always great. Specials are a good value and wine list compliments the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50/50OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014While the Shang-Hai dish was on point and full of flavor, the frute de marre was bland and overall disappointing. I was also extremely upset over the fact that cheese was added to my seafood based dish. Any properly trained chef would know that by adding cheese, you compromise the taste and integrity of seafood. I almost felt as if it were a last ditch effort to disguise the lack of flavor. The saving grace of my experience was due to the overall hospitality of our waitress. Lastly, I find it to be extremely annoying that I am receiving this email at 1 o'clock in the morning. Any professional survey would be conducted at a reasonable hour. Please rethink your dish and survey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food reviewFoodreview8Dined on 6/13/2014We chose the summer grill of Lobster tail and the beef steak skewers. The lobster was good, however, the beef steak was too chewy and fatty. The vegetables were good but cooled too quickly. If your plates were warmed to help keep the food warm, it would be nice. But I felt the AC cooled the vegetables too fast, before we could eat them. The Sharkfin pie was very good, however it was really hard and frozen which made it difficult to try to get a spoon or fork in it to eat. My suggestion is to have the server advise a little before serving dessert, to ask so that it could be set out a little, so that it wouldn't be so frozen. Over all the experience, service and food was good that I would try the restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a perfect meal.MrsskoDined on 6/13/2014We live an hour away, but when we go to Tampa, Mitchell's is always our place to go to get that wonderful selection of fresh seafood. We have never been disappointed and the service is always impeccable. Whether we sit in the bar area or dining room, it is our first choice in dining.
- lmacDined on 6/11/2014Great neighborhood restaurant with fresh seafood. We especially enjoyed the raw oysters and blackened trout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014We were in town for a couple days staying near Westshore Mall & looking for good gulf shrimp. We ordered the beer battered fried shrimp plate & it was absolutely delicious. Shrimp were fresh & very large, cole slaw delicious & even hushpuppies were something special - very light & enjoyable. Hubby had delicious clam chowder & with it & sharing the shrimp plate we left full & very satisfied. Excellent attentive service also & nice atmosphere. Will definitely return when in Tampa - best shrimp we've had in years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We went to the Westshore Mall location in Tampa. As always, we had a terrific experience. The Dining Room area is not the great great place to enjoy the restaurant. The bar area is lively, friendly and very casual. But, the service provided there is still top notch. Kristin was our server this night - she was great. She had answers for all of questions, great recommendations regarding food and drinks, and she was very personable/fun. This was not our first visit to Mitchell's, and it certainly will not be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FROZEN DRINKSLADYTAZDined on 6/6/2014MY PARTY WANTED FROZEN DRINKS (WHICH IS THE HOT NEW TREND NOW) AND YOUR ESTABLISHMENT COULD NOT SUPPLY US WITH A WELL FROZEN DRINK LIST OR A GREAT FROZEN DRINK. THIS RESTAURANT HAD A BLENDER THAT MUST HAVE COME FROM THE FLEA MARKET OR SOMEWHERE DUE TO THE ONES FROM WALMART WOULD HAVE DONE A BETTER A JOB THAN WHAT WHAT WE SAW, TASTED, AND CRUSHED ( NOT LEAVING CHUNCKS OF ICE). THIS WAS NOT A GREAT FIRST START FOR SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO I INVITED. MITCHELL'S NEEDS A BETTER SELECTION OF YOUTHFUL, FUN, FROZEN, AND SEXY DRINKS NOT JUST WINES. OVER ALL THE SERVICE AND SERVER WAS AWESOME, GREETER AS WELL. HOPEFULLY MY NEXT TRIP I WILL BE ABLE TO GET MY FROZEN DRINKS THIS IS WHERE WE SPEND MOST OF MONEY. FOOD IS JUST TO SOAK UP THE ALCOHOL (LOL)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greg PetersonSeafood50junkyDined on 6/6/2014Horrible service oyster was very small. Server didn't know hgh is drinks. Never will return the manager was very rude to my wife. My wife was eating the oysters and she asked her do you want me to take them back very unprofessional.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/5/2014Haven't had a bad experience yet! One of my favorites.Special Features:
- Great Food, Friendly ServiceluvzthebeachDined on 6/2/2014We celebrated our daughter's 24th birthday here. Our server was very helpful and friendly. She offered recommendations when asked but was not intrusive. The food was very good, and we all enjoyed our meals. They had fresh Alaska sockeye salmon on the menu which was good, but mine was overdone in one section. There were several things on the menu that looked interesting, so I'm sure we will return to this restaurant. If you are a chocoholic, order the chocolate cake for dessert. It's so big and rich that we all brought half of it home, and it's taken me three days to finish mine! Chocolate fans will love it! There is also a cozy bar area and a daily happy hour which we'd like to try sometime.Special Features:
- A pleasant surpisehappydinerDined on 5/31/2014Mitchell's Fish Market was a most pleasant surprise. It was our first time dining at Mitchell's so we had no idea what to expect. The service was very good and the food was simply fabulous. We sent our compliments to the chef for his handling of our fish dishes. I had the Wyoming Trout and my wife had Chilean Sea Bass. The dishes were prepared to perfection and the Harbor Heights Sauvignon Blanc went perfectly with the meal. We have every intention of dining at Mitchell's prior to our next visit to Tampa. It is so convenient to get to and even more convenient to the Straz Centre since the Interstate system and ramps are in total disarray at this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visitingchrissyDined on 5/29/2014Just visiting and wanted some delicious seafood. Glad hotel recommended it. Went twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, not spectacular.bastogneDined on 5/29/2014Service, beverages, and food were all decent. Hostess properly noted client's booking request and serviced request appropriately. Overall, a decent and fair experience. It just wasn't spectacular or overly impressive for the price. Will visit again though, maybe for drinks or small plates.Special Features:
- The following 1344 reviews are from the Mitchell's Fish Market - Tampa reviews archive.
- ExcellentJudyDined on 5/25/2014We had a lovely dinner but i felt the tilapia stuffed with lobster and shrimp was a little too lemony and I really didn't enjoy it. Everything else was wonderful including the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loving Mitchell'sSteakLuv2Dined on 5/24/2014Have been here twice now since May 2014. I was quite impressed with the quality of the seafood: flavor, temperature, portion. I honestly expected the usual 'add water and stir' quality of seafood but this place serves chef-quality food. The prices are quite reasonable as well. Even my rib eye that I had with a lobster tail came out exceptionally well done: tender, very flavorful, done to the temperature I requested! At the risk of sounding snobbish, I sincerely think Mitchell's should raise their prices a bit to discourage the Red Lobster-types who are distractions in this upper-casual dining venue. They were present on both of my visits, the saggy pants, flip-flops and tank top types.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodAgazVIPDined on 5/21/2014A very steady dependable seafood restaurant. Had the Snapper and Grouper Blackened. Excellent as alwaysSpecial Features:
- Good spot for business lunchFrequentDinerVIPDined on 5/20/2014Good food and unobtrusive service make this a good spot for a business lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014Food was bland and not hot. Crab cake was soggy, warm at best in the center. Lobster was cooked ok, but not hot. Server (Jay I think) was too busy doing nothing but chatting to pay attention to his guests. What a disappointment for our last night in Tampa. Don't waste your time or money. Food quality is definitely not worth the prices.
- pumpkinVIPDined on 5/17/2014Daniel our waiter was fabulous! Love the shark if nice cream cake! Good fish!