Mitchell's Fish Market - Tampa
204 WestShore Plaza
Tampa, FL 33609Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 8132893663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to Midnight. and Sunday from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ben Bowman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Corinne Berrett, General Manager 8132893663
- Entertainment: In addition to a seafood feast of absolute freshness in our beautiful dining room of deep red mahogany woods and leather upholstery, you can also relax and enjoy our wine list and world-class cocktails in Charlie's Octopus Bar. You may also enjoy live piano music in our bar Friday and Saturday evenings, from 6:00 p.m. until close.
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Tampa
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Mitchell's Fish Market - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)good for groups (66)great for lunch (46)romantic (44)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (31)vibrant bar scene (17)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Took customers here for both lunch and dinner (not the same customers!) Food was excellent, the wait staff was attentive and helpful, made great suggestions. It wasn't too loud to have conversation and the customers enjoyed it tremendously. We had something that was not even on the menu at lunchtime but they made it for us which was really nice. At dinner we had the stone crab and it was too die for. I would definitely take customers there again and I would go personally. Wasn't overpriced for what you got.Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/25/2014We had a casual lunch and enjoyed the delicious food. If you enjoy lemonade, try their fresh squeezed variety. My favorite lunch is the blackened salmon spinach salad. Also the carrot cake is worth consideration. The portion is so large that when I take it home, two of us nibble on it for days. Quite a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent run-of-the-mill cuisinebastogneDined on 8/23/2014Overall, not a bad experience... But not worth going out of your way. The drinks were good, service was pleasant and the atmosphere was delightful. The menu was quite tantalizing... However... The quality of the cuisine, however, was quite average. The fish was fresh enough but there wasn't much to rave about. Nothing on the menu blew me away... Everything was just delightfully mediocre.Special Features:
- Great TimeJoeferaDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated anniversary and took s chance to dine at Mitchell's for the first time. Food was great and it matched Carla's service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodnoraDined on 8/21/2014The food was great, but the mojito I ordered off the happy hour menu was only so-so. It did NOT taste like a freshly muddled mojito to me or my dining companion.
- I've had much better hereDennisVIPDined on 8/16/2014Mitchell's has always been a place that can be counted on for a solid overall experience. The positives; we were greeted promptly and our reserved table was ready when we arrived, the service was very attentive and there were no delays in the kitchen even though they were very busy with the dining room full and the lobby packed. The negatives: Valet service was horrible, the appeared to be only 2 attendants and they couldn't juggle the in/out flow hence cars were just left in long lines unattended. We ended up self parking so as not to be late for out reservation time but that doesn't start out the experience on a good note. The Yellow Fin Tuna I ordered was stringy and not up to the standards I am used to here. A little disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for large partiesILoveFood2Dined on 8/15/2014I had quite a few friends get together and unfortunately we don't get to see each other as much as we would like. Mitchell's gave us a great table where we could all talk and enjoy not only the food but the conversation too! It was a great night! Thanks Mitchell's staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great catch!!BdayDined on 8/15/2014Food and service were outstanding. It was our first time and will definitely go back. Prices were great, had not gone before because I thought food was very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014My wife and I have dined several times at Mitchell's and I must say this was my only disappointing visit. I ordered the Market Trio, which I have enjoyed immensely on prior visits, but when served the tilapia and salmon were extremely small servings. Had it not been for the fact that another couple, our guests, were with us I would have said something to the server. I sincerely hope this was an isolated event and not a new management strategy to lower costs. The other 3 entrees for our party were fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Fish, but spoiled with saucephxfoodieDined on 8/12/2014Good vibrant place. Never been there before, but rated high on Yelp and Opentable. Service was very good. The Ceviche was excellent. The lobster bisque = awesome. I had a trio of scallops, shrimp and grouper (their menu has salmon, but they gratefully accomodated switching). All of the fish was fresh, but I couldn't enjoy it as it all was drowned in a soy sauce that was way too overpowering - but is a chef's recommendation. My wife enjoyed her cedar-plank Chillean sea bass very much. Overall, a good place to eat, I would have rated higher if it wasn't for the sauce debacle, but we'll try it again, next time we're in town.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceAwesomeDined on 8/9/2014My wife was very pleased- extra brownie points for me- smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Food was excellent, Service was great and the price was reasonable - can't ask for more than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating and GREAT foodlovemesomemusselsDined on 8/4/2014We took a big group here for dinner on a business trip and their smaller private room was too small for us. They were flexible and moved us over to the bigger room. The food was amazing but everything here is cooked to order so expect a long meal.Special Features:
- Nice foodBebe1Dined on 8/2/2014Was a little upset that we could not have a booth when they were sitting empty. I had booked but didn't know I needed to ask for a booth. The food was nice nothing really out of this world but good and we all enjoyed our meal. Not sure I would go again as it a long way from home.Special Features:
- Entirely averageAlyceDined on 8/1/2014Our dining experience was fine, everything was ok. Nothing special or fantastic. Just regular good. I cannot fault the experience there was just nothing particularly outstanding about it. A little pricey for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place, should give it a trymealhunterDined on 7/25/2014Ate in the bar area; food and atmosphere was good. Our server was excellent and took great care of us. Thought the 3 course meal special was a good deal. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dickDined on 7/25/2014We were a party of six, had a real nice round table in the back so everyone could talk to everyone else without shouting. Service and the food were first class, we also had drinks and appetizers at the bar before 7PM, relaxing and great value. We'll be back real soon! DickSpecial Features:
- Love It!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Mitchell's is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is very fresh and delicious. The service is spectacular and the ambience is adequate for any type of gathering and/or festivity. I make sure to take all my special guest there as I know it will be a great experience. The Lobster Bisque is my favorite..yummy!Special Features:
- Lunch for 6Vasco123Dined on 7/19/2014Good place for a meeting of 3 couples. Server was very good at not interrupting our conversations, and still providing excellent service! We spent almost 4 hours together at this restaurant. Food was good all around - no complaints!Special Features:
- FRESH FOODMareDined on 7/17/2014The fish is so fresh. The sea bass shanghai style was out of this world!!! They have a gluten free menu and it was extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday dinnerczarinaDined on 7/16/2014From my menu with my name on it to celebrate my Birthday to my special dessert, the dinner was perfect. Our server, David was excellent, his recommendations were delicious and my Birthday was special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfull experiancegolfguyDined on 7/14/2014My wife and I celebrated our 35th anniversary at the restaurant. It was a perfect choice. From the special menu noting our anniversary, to excellent service and of course to the excellent meal. We both had the special lobster and tenderloin. The lobster was cooked perfect and the tenderloin was very tender and flavorful. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This visit, I was underwhelmed...LSMAKDined on 7/13/2014I've been to Mitchell's a few times over the years and I've been very satisfied with food and service. This particular visit was not so great. Our server offered us an "upgrade" to Atlantic salmon for $4 more for each of our dishes. We both ordered the upgrade. Turned out only one of us got the upgrade because there was only one Atlantic salmon remaining (we were charged appropriately). It was dry and less flavorful compared to the farm raised salmon. Still, I will give Mitchell's another try as their selection of fish is unbeatable.Special Features:
- Impressive, cuisine & serviceMeducatorVIPDined on 7/12/2014This was our third visit this year , and I keep returning for the consistent fine food and service..we received a friendly greeting at reception seated in a comfortable booth as requested. Our server was delightful. For our entrees we enjoyed the summer special menu: lobster tail and tenderloin kebabs. Yum. A manager stopped by and on our way out thanked us for dining with them. Nice touch in today's busy world. They did everything right..I highly recommend this fine restaurant in Westshore area in Tampa..Special Features:
- Not your typical stuffy restaurantIlovefoodDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I had dinner here a couple of times before. We love the service and the ambiance. So for my husband's birthday dinner recently, the choice was clear that Mitchell's Fish Market would be a great place to celebrate with our friends and family. I made reservations through Open Table I indicated that I was celebrating a birthday. The restaurant called me the morning of the event to confirm. When we got there that evening they led us into one of their private rooms and instantly I was surprised. I was not expecting a room for my party nor did I expect they would personalize their menu to wish my husband a happy birthday. They completely went above and exceeded my expectations. It is definitely not your typical "stuffy" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MitchellsWebmcDined on 7/5/2014Good food but slow service. Restaurant was very warm and uncomfortable. Charbroiled oysters were good with just the right amount of spice and my frutti di mare pasta was very good though it can be a touch go with the large fresh pasta it comes with. Wife enjoyed her seafood Americana. Did not leave room for the "shark fin" dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Tampa restaurantGWizDined on 6/28/2014It is always great to return to Mitchell's when I visit Tampa. It has become one of my favorite Tampa restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicebirthdaygirlDined on 6/27/2014I had a lovely birthday lunch with my mother and sister at Mitchell's. The food was very good - my mom and sis got lobster bisque and split a fresh salad with salmon on top. I had the fresh ahi tuna sandwich on croissant. Food, service and atmosphere were all very good, and the meal affordable at lunch prices. We all noted we liked the concept of choosing the type of fish and treatment separately for a dinner selection and would definitely return for dinner sometime. All fresh fish....never frozen is an appealing feature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentswillkyDined on 6/24/2014Our fish was perfectly prepared. Our first time, we went for our anniversary and it was fabulous! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014mis-informed, mis-quoted. KM was nice, front of the house was less attentive. stuffy, too may "Mitchell's does not do that"; would have to reconsider a return trip
- ChewyDined on 6/21/2014I made reservation's on Wed the 18th for Sat the 21st @ 7 for 4 people. we were sat in the bar, it was noisy & the service was terrible! I told my friends about the Sharks Fin Deseret & how last time we were there there was 5 of us & we couldn't eat it all. this time it was 1/2 the size & 3 of us ate it all! Before dinner came I went to the restroom & saw that there were six 4- tops in the dinning room & after making reservations 3 day's in advance I don't understand why we were sat in the bar! I don't believe we will be going back anytime soon!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014I have been to this restaurant many times and the food was always very good. This time however, my girlfriend had a dish that was way too salty! I wanted her to send it back, but she didn't. Also I ordered a second martini and the glass was only a third filled. Very disappointing! Won't be going back anytime soon!I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDisapiontedDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I had a good time, the food was great, will be going back soon
- Out againFridayDinesDined on 6/20/2014Everytime we dine at Mitchell's it's wonderful and we're there almost every FridaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's Nite OutSunshine025Dined on 6/20/2014I frequent this place often and LOVE IT each time I go so, I decided to pick this for our Girl's Nite Out this time. It was a BIG success! There were 9 of us and not one person had a complaint about the ambience, food, service, location, or anything else. Our waiter was excellent and joined in on our fun. The only reason I didn't give him 5 stars is because we had to ask for our drinks to be refilled. Other than that, he was an EXCELLENT waiter so we didn't hold that against him. Everyone of us talked about how good our food was and how nice our night turned out overall. The hostess was VERY professional in helping me change my reservation time to a later time. I don't think I'll get any rejections to returning for another Girl's Nite Out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 16! Great experience!ReginaDined on 6/18/2014Recommend to anyone. Portions are large! Especially dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid range at bestProsperFoodieVIPDined on 6/17/2014Have now been to Mitchell's three times and on each visit it was just "ok" at best. Location is convenient near airport for a biz dinner but the food is lacking. They kitchen is inconsistent and the food unimaginative. They have a good selection of fresh product on display but the cooking lacks. For example I ordered the tuna seared with the Asian preparation. What I got was a slightly grey colored slab of fish on a bed of soggy spinach with strong garlic over tones. Almost like it had been put in a warm fry pan instead of a screaming hot grill. Service is good so no knocks on the staff ( seems to slow down when busy) but the kitchen will keep me away until they get things figured out. If you want seafood in Tampa...keep looking.
- Good FoodGaryMDined on 6/15/2014The food here is great very fresh and the sides are good too. Also had a desert which was excellent tooSpecial Features:
- NO ThanksSuesDined on 6/15/2014Not interested in writing a public review - private message to restaurant below.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceMitchellsFanDined on 6/15/2014We are never disappointed by Mitchell's Fish Market. The food is wonderful. The lobster tails are perfectly cooked, and the redskin mashed potatoes are fabulous. The caesar salad is not to be missed - it is the best we have ever had. The service is always excellent - attentive, but not overbearing.Special Features: