Mitchell's Fish Market - Tampa
204 WestShore Plaza
Tampa, FL 33609Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 8132893663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to Midnight. and Sunday from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ben Bowman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Corinne Berrett, General Manager 8132893663
- Entertainment: In addition to a seafood feast of absolute freshness in our beautiful dining room of deep red mahogany woods and leather upholstery, you can also relax and enjoy our wine list and world-class cocktails in Charlie's Octopus Bar. You may also enjoy live piano music in our bar Friday and Saturday evenings, from 6:00 p.m. until close.
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Tampa
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Mitchell's Fish Market - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)good for groups (59)great for lunch (40)fit for foodies (39)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (22)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (14)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (9)great for brunch (6)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Special place for special occasionsHappyInTampaDined on 10/15/2014We had a delightful experience this week at Mitchells. Three people in our group were celebrating birthdays and I called earlier that day to mention that fact, knowing that dessert was complimentary. The gentleman that I spoke with asked the names of the birthday guests and when we were taken to our table, the paper menus that were presented to us had their names with a birthday wish printed on the top. We all thought that was a memorable touch. In addition, the food and service were wonderful. This was our second visit and Mitchells has become one of our favorite restaurants in Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started slow, ended just fineTampaRobandBarbDined on 10/11/2014The dining experience started slowly, with having to wait a while for waiter to come to take drink orders, and then had to ask second waiter to bring previously requested water, but after those hitches, the service picked up and the food was excellent. Overall, an enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Pin Fin Martini = win! Watch out for the alcohol infused fruitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh SeafoodFrankx2Dined on 10/8/2014Love all their seafood including oysters. Excellent selection with many ways of preparation. You can even buy all their seafood raw to cook at homeSpecial Features:
- DisappointingCEMcDined on 10/7/2014Two different fish dishes were both overlooked and dry. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Seating was too tight. We were right on top of our neighbors. There are better options for fish.
- ZekeZekeDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The autumn specials were amazing. Great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AutumnDined on 10/4/2014The food is really great!! Loved the 7-layer carrot cake! The server was very willing to adjust the meals to the desire of the customer and was done in a very timely manner....We will return again. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value Priced; Varied SelectionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/2/2014We had the Mahi and I had the red grouper. We also went through 2 dozen oysters from the James River,VA. Oysters were outstanding - meaty, juicy. Could not have been better. Mahi was good blackened and served with "planked" vegetables. Grouper was a little chewey but still flavorful blackened with planked vegetables. Portions were on the smaller side to fit Mitchell's price point on the menu but we did not need more food - it was just right. We also had the carrot cake shared for dessert. This is 7 layer carrot cake that is a slab and easily shared among two or three people - it was as good as it gets.
- Good Seafood & ServiceNolepalVIPDined on 9/28/2014My first time dining at this restaurant. Never heard of the chain but my friend suggested it on my way to the airport seeing that so many other place I wanted to try were closed on Sunday. The fish dishes were all good. Everyone at the table was happy with their meals. The only thing I would say was a not that great was the overdressed salad. The staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- PRO FORMA FISH PLACESmartdogDined on 9/27/2014We didn't experience anything special at this restaurant. The lobster bisque is great but the remainder of the meal fell flat. It has a busy bar scene with great cocktails.Special Features:
- Great food, disappointing serviceBrianVIPDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I met another couple here for dinner last Friday and while we loved our meals, the service was disappointing. The waiter took a while to show up and after we ordered a bottle of wine, he was gone for a while, then came back and asked us what we ordered again. When he returned, he emptied the bottle in 3 glasses (a 4th person was not drinking). He should have poured about half what he did and kept the wine chilled. He never brought bread and didn't serve us salads even though the specials we ordered said they came with one. I had the Cobia special (crab meat and a nice sauce) and it was delicious. My wife had the Ultimate Seafood Trio and LOVED the lobster, scallops and shrimp. Our friends said their food was excellent!
- Great Service, Great FoodBOA0616Dined on 9/13/2014Visited Mitchell's Fish Market for my wife's birthday. I made reservations through Open Table. We arrived 45 minutes early but no worries they checked their schedule and was able to seat us within 3 minutes. We were greeted with a customized menu at the table (Birthday Girl's Name) and was serviced right away. Great service; Great foodSpecial Features:
- Disappointed in food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/9/2014Since in Tampa, I was hoping for some fresh seafood. I tried the clam chowder and the signature dish Shang Hai Salmon, Scallops & Shrimp. The scallops and shrimp tasted like they had been microwaved from frozen. The combination of salmon, spinach and rice with Asian sauce was tasty, though. Clam chowder was just okay. Since I was by myself, I chose a table in the bar area where many were enjoying the bar scene. Ambiance and service were very good.
- ConsistentJorgeDined on 9/8/2014Always fresh, well prepared fish & seafood. My meat eating friends also approve of their steaks. A great place to take friends and customer... Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Legit!TBBestDishesVIPDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I dined there for a Sunday lunch and it was really quiet for some reason. The surprise is the seafood gumbo! We've lived in New Orleans and the gumbo is legit! You could close your eyes and would have thought you were in the French Quarter in New Orleans! The bread was hot and crispy what was great for dipping! I had a Caesar salad topped with blackened salmon that was absolutely flavorful! My husband had the seafood cobb salad! He enjoyed it so much because there was lots of chilled lobster, shrimp, and blue crab atop mixed greens with blue cheese, crisp bacon, avocado, hard-boiled egg! The food and service was exceptional!Special Features:
- BonesAwfulVIPDined on 9/5/2014Multiple bones found in my tiny portion of grouper. Tuna appetizer was stringy and not good at all, I think it was previously frozen. Next time I'll stick with Bonefish Grill!
- Great fresh fish!LuckyPalmVIPDined on 9/5/2014Excellent food and service. The location at the mall gave it a chain feeling and the outdoor space was parking lot view only! Otherwise it was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell's DinnerTampacriticDined on 9/5/2014Food was good but overpriced. Same entrees available at Bonefish including a salad at a much more reasonable fare. Service was very good as our server was most accommodating to one of our party with food allergies. Very disappointed in the Vodka martini I ordered. It was served in the smallest martini glass I have ever encountered and that was only half full. Further insult was the $9.25 tab. Wine list was extensive but once again overpriced. Ambiance was nothing special. Cannot comment on the raw bar as we did not try it. Had lunch here a few months ago. Prices were more reasonable and drinks were not an issue. Would return for lunch if in the vicinity but not dinner.
- Fresh Fish In TampaKPMikeDined on 9/4/2014A nice seafood restaurant that has a good selection of fresh fish. Table arrangement is a bit tight so people tend to bump into you when moving in and out of their seats. Booths have very tight seating. As a seafood house, I would have liked to have found a broader selection of oysters beyond only having Blue Points in the inventory.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/2/2014Very good food and he is always prepared the same way. They are very consistent in what you get. Good for a lunch meeting.Special Features:
- Satisfied!!!sportzmomDined on 9/1/2014I was very happy with my overall experience starting with the staff to the wine and food. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014The service and the food were excellent and I would recommend the restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprisingly Great!swflDined on 8/31/2014I can be a bit of a snob about restaurants but this one surprised me. The food was fresh and good, especially the salads and the lobster. Dessert was tasty and the service was decent. Would definitely go back and in particular recommend: Titantic Wedge Salad Steamed Lobster Fried Shrip Ginger Salmon with Sticky Rice Shark Fin Pie
- A SATISFYING EVENING MEALSATISFYINGDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I chose Mitchell's Fish Market to celebrate her birthday. We were seated immediately, according to our reservation. Our waiter was friendly, courteous and helpful. Our menu selections were absolutely delicious; my generous portion called for a take-home box. My wife loved her crab cake and her free birthday desert treat. We will definitely be back for another special occasion. It was worth the drive from Largo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service plus tasty foodFraniBDined on 8/29/2014You can't go wrong at Mitchell's. We were pleased and Mitchell's exceeded our expectations! We ordered several courses, app-shrimp and bacon and the oven baked oysters, the lobster bisque was excellent-very creamy, buttery and just the right amount of lobster. The server recommended the cedar plank salmon but I asked her what else would go with it (instead of salmon) as I loved the sound of the preparation (roasted tomatoes, goat cheese with grilled asperagua) she recommended scallops and they were perfectly cooked. For desert we tried the key lime pie-generous serving and very delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafoodTangueraTangueraDined on 8/29/2014Ceviche appetizer very tastey. Good deals at happy hour. Lobster special enjoyed by all.Special Features:
- Give it a try!MadameCEODined on 8/29/2014Excellent place for a healthy lunch in an upscale environment. Great food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentkgclpnDined on 8/25/2014Took customers here for both lunch and dinner (not the same customers!) Food was excellent, the wait staff was attentive and helpful, made great suggestions. It wasn't too loud to have conversation and the customers enjoyed it tremendously. We had something that was not even on the menu at lunchtime but they made it for us which was really nice. At dinner we had the stone crab and it was too die for. I would definitely take customers there again and I would go personally. Wasn't overpriced for what you got.Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/25/2014We had a casual lunch and enjoyed the delicious food. If you enjoy lemonade, try their fresh squeezed variety. My favorite lunch is the blackened salmon spinach salad. Also the carrot cake is worth consideration. The portion is so large that when I take it home, two of us nibble on it for days. Quite a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent run-of-the-mill cuisinebastogneDined on 8/23/2014Overall, not a bad experience... But not worth going out of your way. The drinks were good, service was pleasant and the atmosphere was delightful. The menu was quite tantalizing... However... The quality of the cuisine, however, was quite average. The fish was fresh enough but there wasn't much to rave about. Nothing on the menu blew me away... Everything was just delightfully mediocre.Special Features:
- Great TimeJoeferaDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated anniversary and took s chance to dine at Mitchell's for the first time. Food was great and it matched Carla's service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodnoraDined on 8/21/2014The food was great, but the mojito I ordered off the happy hour menu was only so-so. It did NOT taste like a freshly muddled mojito to me or my dining companion.
- I've had much better hereDennisVIPDined on 8/16/2014Mitchell's has always been a place that can be counted on for a solid overall experience. The positives; we were greeted promptly and our reserved table was ready when we arrived, the service was very attentive and there were no delays in the kitchen even though they were very busy with the dining room full and the lobby packed. The negatives: Valet service was horrible, the appeared to be only 2 attendants and they couldn't juggle the in/out flow hence cars were just left in long lines unattended. We ended up self parking so as not to be late for out reservation time but that doesn't start out the experience on a good note. The Yellow Fin Tuna I ordered was stringy and not up to the standards I am used to here. A little disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for large partiesILoveFood2Dined on 8/15/2014I had quite a few friends get together and unfortunately we don't get to see each other as much as we would like. Mitchell's gave us a great table where we could all talk and enjoy not only the food but the conversation too! It was a great night! Thanks Mitchell's staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great catch!!BdayDined on 8/15/2014Food and service were outstanding. It was our first time and will definitely go back. Prices were great, had not gone before because I thought food was very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014My wife and I have dined several times at Mitchell's and I must say this was my only disappointing visit. I ordered the Market Trio, which I have enjoyed immensely on prior visits, but when served the tilapia and salmon were extremely small servings. Had it not been for the fact that another couple, our guests, were with us I would have said something to the server. I sincerely hope this was an isolated event and not a new management strategy to lower costs. The other 3 entrees for our party were fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Fish, but spoiled with saucephxfoodieDined on 8/12/2014Good vibrant place. Never been there before, but rated high on Yelp and Opentable. Service was very good. The Ceviche was excellent. The lobster bisque = awesome. I had a trio of scallops, shrimp and grouper (their menu has salmon, but they gratefully accomodated switching). All of the fish was fresh, but I couldn't enjoy it as it all was drowned in a soy sauce that was way too overpowering - but is a chef's recommendation. My wife enjoyed her cedar-plank Chillean sea bass very much. Overall, a good place to eat, I would have rated higher if it wasn't for the sauce debacle, but we'll try it again, next time we're in town.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceAwesomeDined on 8/9/2014My wife was very pleased- extra brownie points for me- smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Food was excellent, Service was great and the price was reasonable - can't ask for more than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating and GREAT foodlovemesomemusselsVIPDined on 8/4/2014We took a big group here for dinner on a business trip and their smaller private room was too small for us. They were flexible and moved us over to the bigger room. The food was amazing but everything here is cooked to order so expect a long meal.Special Features: