Mitchell's Fish Market - Stamford
230 Tresser Avenue
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Stamford
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 2033233474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - Midnight, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Gibson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Rufus Witherspoon, General Manager 2033233474
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Stamford
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mitchell's Fish Market - Stamford reviews from OpenTable diners
- Service was fair to poor.chiefDined on 3/8/2014Service was fair to poor. Food was generally good put priced too high. I wouldn't go back unless I received a gift certificate. Also, there was some sort of reference on the top of each menu that the restaurant was closing. The reference was not clear.
- FarewellJanskiVIPDined on 3/7/2014Sorry to say goodbye to this Restuarant ... Always consistent with service food and Atmosphere ....we were all shocked to learn It was going to be our last meal because they were Closing Sunday ... Will be sorely missedSpecial Features:
- Good food, a decent pour ofCamsterDined on 3/6/2014Good food, a decent pour of wine,and pleasant waiter.Recommend.I live on LI,,but dinner at Mitchells,followed by a show at the Palace Theatre,is a worthwhile,enjoyable, little trip.
- We arrived at 7:45 for anOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014We arrived at 7:45 for an 8pm reservation table was available at 8:10. The hostess lead our party of four to be seated at the enterance to the restrooms we inquired about a different table none available it was restaurant week, yuk! The server was polite but not on top of her job duties. We had to ask for bread twice, she cleared items from the table and not once did she ask anyone if they needed anything. Doubt I would consider this restaurant a second time if I did I would probably sit in the bar area seemed more inviting. If I had known this was restaurant week in Stamford I would have had dinner else where or stayed home. I have never had a good experience at any restaurant during this event.
- Excellent food and ambiancepandgmDined on 2/27/2014Our server was Dan, he remembered us from previous visits. Recalled our beverages and most of our food choices. Outstanding with the kids and took great care of some food allergies, so there was no issues! Thanks for a great and pleasurable dining experience once again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014We went during restaurant week and 2 people in our group ordered from the restaurant week menu. They were very happy with the value, portion size, and quality. The 2 other people in our group ordered from the regular menu and were also happy. We all ordered seafood items. For dessert, I ordered the carrot cake and it was huge! It was enough for 6 portions. We would return but sadly it is now closed.Special Features:
- Ready to go back again!BarbDined on 2/22/2014Everything was fantastic from start to finish. Seating was very comfortable. Every appetizer, main course and dessert was delicious and was served timely. Our waiter's name was James and he was very friendly, efficient and knowledgable about several of the menu items we questioned him on. Our meals and experience were bery good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatScottStamfordVIPDined on 2/21/2014I love this place and have been here at least 5 times and each times just as wonderful as before. The service and menu are great and they have great options on how you would like your seafood prepared. The food was great and I will be back for more.Special Features:
- Second time thereCindyDined on 2/21/2014Food was very good, portions were good too. We sat at the bar and found that the service could have been better. Felt a bit ignored. She even recognized sit apologizing, saying busy. But really not that busy. But we will still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/19/2014service and quality of food has greatly declined. Food was very dry and lacked seasoning. It was hard to not only find our waitress but to get her attention once we actually saw her in the dining area.
- Sunday DelightDanburyfoodloverDined on 2/16/2014Disappointment reared its head when we learned our favorite trout dish was not on the menu. However, our server, Kyle, spent a good deal of time with us going over menu items he thought we might enjoy. Our food turned out perfectly, and thanks to Kyle, we won't ever have to be concerned about substitute choices. Mitchell's is an excellent destination for seafood and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious!ToriDined on 2/14/2014We came here on Valentine's Day and it was a little busy. The staff kept it moving and was very polite about making sure the patrons were serviced well. The food was great and the dessert was even better. Always a wonderful time when we come to Mitchells!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day Dinner ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Dinner for Valentines Day was excellent. Usually on Valentines day service at most resturants not so good. The place was packed, we had a drink at the bar and were seated promptly. The service was excellent, the food came out fast. And the fish was cooked perfectly. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's storyMikeDined on 2/14/2014I did a reservation Friday 8 Pm and arrived early. Nevertheless I had to wait 20 minutes even though I confirmed my reservation over the phone. When I placed my reservation I asked for a spacious table away from the restrooms and I guess the hostess understood the opposite by giving me the second table closest to the restrooms. The server was nice and knowledgeable but you could tell they were being pressured by the manager to keep the tables moving, so not a great place for a romantic occasion. The food was good and the price too but I wouldn't use the restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great food/ deserts & accomodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/11/2014Great food as usual and desert is fabulous; all of our team looks forward to the Sharkfin Pie and Carrot Cake. The service is fantastic and accomodating for large groups which is a nice attrction in Stamford area. Although, the serving staff seems short sometimes and a little speedy service would be a good improvement opportunity.Special Features:
- Was an off night, I hopempgdagstamVIPDined on 2/8/2014Disappointing evening. Service was a bit clunky...had to ask several times for new knives and folks, didn't bring condiments as requested, suggested a wine but then came back to tell us they didn't have it! My wife asked if they could hold the garlic and the server said yes. Fifteen minutes later she came back and told us know. My wife then asked for a different dish and they brought something completely different. The evening did not feel special... been their before and had a better time. Perhaps an off night, but you really do need to get it done on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Factory-like, but solid andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/8/2014Factory-like, but solid and tasty food. Think of a chain steakhouse that serves fish, which I believe is what it is.Special Features:
- Overall very.good but with flawsJohnConnerDined on 2/1/2014Food was mostly good except the soup was room temp. Also the food was pretty pricy for what it wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningPaulVIPDined on 1/30/2014Had a wonderful meal with my wife and adult son. Food was outstanding and our waiter was great. The BBQ shrimp appetizer was very, very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, very bad serviceExpertdinerDined on 1/27/2014For a seafood place, this restaurant needs to do some soul searching. This plate I had was soaked in butter to the point I could not taste anything but butter. We ate at the bar and the bartender, Nick was a downright pest. Rushing us and acting like a McDonald paper hat wearing, tyrant. This guy even rush our payment of the tab and argued with his co worker Terrible service, very unprofessional, I would never go back.
- Fresh fish, nice preparation, greatReadyEddyDined on 1/25/2014Always fresh fish that's nicely prepared. One of the party had a nice ribeye steak, too - well prepared, nice presentation. Service was a little spotty but adequate though on other occasions, it was top notch. It happens to the best now and then, but it wasn't awful. Food is very good - save rooom for the desserts, especially the carrot cake which is very sharable, comically so. Good specials too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- They closedCTLeftyVIPDined on 1/22/2014They closed the next day and we were told. When we tried to order wine, the selection was non-existent. We were not sure that the food would be fresh. It would have been far better to tell us when we walked up to the hostess stand that they were going to close. Hiding things like that was not a good policy.
- Good - wish there's more seafoodH2277VIPDined on 1/1/2014Good - wish there's more seafood choices fitting its name.
- Christmas Eve dinnerportieDined on 12/23/2013We thoroughly enjoyed this fine restaurant for a special holiday dinner. We each ordered one of the daily specials; both were perfectly prepared seafood/steak combinations, served with a superb creamy clam chowder. The wait staff was efficient, unobtrusive and helpful. We'll return to Mitchell's when we are next in the area for dinner.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/22/2013The food was tasty (I liked the Mitchell's trio; the beef stake was great too) & the service, ambience was good too. Definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Both the Shanghai Shrimp,JamesDined on 12/21/2013Both the Shanghai Shrimp, Salmon, and Sea Scallops and the Blackened Yellow Fin Tuna dinners were extraordinary. Everything on the menu sounds delicious and we look forward to returning after the holidays. We also can't wait for another round of Crushed Blackberry Agave Margaritas. They weren't too sweet as margaritas often tend to be. The staff were very friendly and accommodating too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my overall experienceMairaDined on 12/19/2013The food was delicious, it was cooked how I wanted at a reasonable price . But, the service was very slow even when the restaurant was not busy. I ordered 3 appetizers and only 2 came on time, the 3rd was brought out 20 minutes late. The waitress also took a long time to refill our drinks. I would go again if the service is a little faster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PleasedLisaCDined on 12/17/2013My friends and I have been coming to Mitchell's since you opened in Stamford in 2007. I've travelled from NY just to meet here for dinner and drinks, I love love love the fresh raw claims they are unbelievable. I've enjoyed many items on the menu, my favorite drink is the "Grape Crush", wonderful experience every time I dine, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- client lunch for 20 was effortlessNYCNativeVIPDined on 12/13/2013I engaged a table to 20 to host a holiday luncheon sight unseen and the staff put us in a private room and were professional. Just what I wanted, but hadn't asked for. Nice work Mitchell's.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving FeastDeanofDineDined on 11/28/2013Mitchell's Fish Market offered a fixed price, traditional Thanksgiving Dinner as well as their regular menu. The 3-course menu included turkey with all the fixings and was definitely a good value. Those who preferred an alternative to turkey were pleased with the extensive range of options. The wait staff was very attentive but not intrusive. It was a very positive dining experience for our small family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/17/2013We selected Mitchell's because my European guests expressed a desire for fresh American lobster. What they got, unfortunately was a watery, tasteless variety of questionable origin that appeared to have departed the ocean long ago and been left overlong in the freezer or died of old age in the restaurant tank. Both the tuna that we ordered and the salmon were fresh and satisfactorily prepared but hardly exceptional The atmosphere, with a combination of blaring popular music competing with numerous televisions tuned to a variety of stations and did not facilitate conversation or inspire relaxed dining..
- Nice accent to our day!AmyJDined on 11/17/2013We were dressed for the theater- so we wanted a place a little upscale but not a place that would break our already broken wallet from our holiday shopping spree. We loved all the wood, the lamp shades and accent pieces on the wall- a very inviting decor. We ate our lunch at the bar and the wait staff there could talk wine and had a great sense of humor. They kept our glasses filled and continually made sure we had all we needed without crowding us. The food was excellent, my husband had the Chilean sea bass and I had the lobster tail- it was very, very good! We talk about our next venture to Stamford, and it definitely included a stop at Mitchell's.Special Features:
- The food was ok, the waiterGourmet123Dined on 11/16/2013The food was ok, the waiter was fine but the kitchen was dreadful. Asked for my fish to be cooked through ( medium well) and had to send it back 3 times to be cooked enough. First time came out rare. Waiter was very apologetic and comped my dinner which was appropriate. Considering this is a fish restaurant the kitchen should know how to cook fish and if not quite right the first time get it right the third not have to wait until the fourth try when everybody else was finished.
- Great food, nice ambianceAlwaysgood2dineVIPDined on 11/15/2013We were into fish and we had nothing but raves when my wife and I had a great selection to chose from. The wait staff was attentive and the decor was divine. Definitely worth repeating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quality for lunchBSDINERDined on 11/14/2013This is a very inviting restaurants. I liked the option of being seated in the bar-area (noisier) or when you want a quiter seeeting in the formal restaurant-part. The Seafood was great, the steak was good. Salad was only o.k. - the seemingly easiest part was the least good but still o.k. Service was good, knowledgeable and friendly. Gof plae to eat, not cheap but good quality for the money.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceKandMDined on 11/13/2013started with shrimp and tuna appetizer which were wonderful. then maine lobster tail with seafood cobb salad (for $19 which I thought was extremely reasonable for such a nice restaurant and great food). Delicious brownie icecream cake dessert. Looking forward to returning. Beautiful interior with one wall a map of Long Island sound and another HUGE picture of ship Normande.Valet parking available too, which can add to a special occasion instead of walking to mall parking lot.Special Features:
- Great SpotFindoDined on 11/13/2013Great location in central Stamford business district. Quiet and efficient at lunchtime. Ideal for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as usualchetpDined on 11/9/2013For us this is a drive, but always great place to meet friends and family . Food always great - nice to able to choose how your fish is prepared. Friendly and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the place for seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/31/2013I have been coming here a lot and am never disappointed. Consistlently very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!herbiesfanVIPDined on 10/30/2013excellent food and service, I would definitely recommend to even the most picky friendsSpecial Features: