Mitchell's Fish Market - Galleria - Pittsburgh
1500 Washington Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15228Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Galleria - Pittsburgh
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: (412) 571-3474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm,Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: David Indorato
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Rochelle Villalba, General Manager 4125713474
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Galleria - Pittsburgh
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mitchell's Fish Market - Galleria - Pittsburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)special occasion (48)good for groups (37)fit for foodies (29)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (11)romantic (10)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014I have eaten at this restaurant several times but had not been there for over a year until this past Saturday. While the service was very good the food quality was not up to the expected for the price. The Gumbo was excellent. Crabcakes were fair at best. vegetbles ok, seafood Good but not great. With many places to choose from, a return visit is a long way off.
- great seafood and SERVICE !!!CaptnDined on 11/9/2014Can't go wrong here excellent seafood done many different ways, nice quiet atmosphere and service that goes over and above...save room for the creme-brulee it is the best !!!Special Features:
- Restaurant needs helpOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014Went on sat night. Restsurant was busy and not properly staffed. I understand things go wrong in a restaurant but after a while you get tire of the waiter apologizing for slowness, so maybe at the end of our meal he was to embarrassed to present us with our check, and has another waiter do it for him. That is unacceptable, he was not busy at the time, and should have collected it himself.
- DEVASTATEDLY disappointedBIPJESDined on 11/8/2014it was a very special occasion,my laDY'S 80 TH BIRTHDAY. I CALLED THE RESTAURANT PRIOR TO MAKE SURE THEY KNEW. ON ARRIVAL AND DURING THE VISIT , IT WASN'T ACKNOWLEDGED.AFTER CHASING DOWN OUR WAITRESS TO TELL HER, THE RESPONSE WAS A BELATED SERVING OF A PASTRY. THEN THE CHECK CAME. WE WERE CHARGED FOR PREMIUM WINE,WHILE WE ORDERED HOUSE. AFTER EXPLAINING TO WAITRESS THEN A SUPERVISOR WE WERE TOLD THAT THEY WERE OUT OF THE HOUSE WINE SO THEY ARBTRARILY SUBSTITUDED PREMIUM. AFTER SOME DEBATE THEY ADJUSTED THE BILL. ALL OF THIS TOOK 45 MINUTES AND DESTROYED THE EVENING THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SPECIAL.NOBODY SEEMED TO CARE
- Nice place with good foodpghmomDined on 11/8/2014Ambiance is great. Good food. Waitress was excellent. Would definitley go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go WrongHarryVIPDined on 11/7/2014I have eaten here many times. I have never had a bad meal and the service is always good. There are only a few restaurants in Pittsburgh the specialize in seafood dishes and this is certainly one of my favorite.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodSeafoodloverstimes2Dined on 11/7/2014I made a reservation on line through the website. Our table was ready on time. Out waiter Danny was excellent! Seafood trio was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food and serviceFastEddie54Dined on 11/7/2014I like being able to pull up Open Table in the car and getting a reservation. It saved us a 25 minute wait. Food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DudolphtheDinerDined on 11/7/2014Our waiter was very good, very attentive. Our food was just average. The portion was small, and my wife's crab cake had a lot of filler. I did not expect that for the price. The restaurant was very busy, especially in the bar area. With that in mind, it did take almost 45 minutes for our food to be served, which was a little slow. Overall, the dinner was average, while the prices are definitely "Galleria".I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDined on 11/7/2014We had an appointment for 5:30 but due to the extreme traffic we didn't arrive until 5:45 but we were seated immediately and the rest of the evening was great. The food was served in a short time and it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 10/29/2014I made reservations for 3 well in advance for 5 pm on a week night. When we arrived the place was completely empty yet they placed us in the back across from the kitchen!! I should have asked to move but we were in the middle of discussions. As time went on, it was annoying. Not great for ambiance! Don't know why you should get such poor placement when you make reservations more than a week in advance!
- Great Timehockeyal1025Dined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed the food very much. Service was excellent. Everything was just great. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & attentive serviceGina729Dined on 10/12/2014I ate there with my daughter. I had the Seafood Americana, my favorite and my daughter had Butternut squash Ravioli topped with lobster. We both had a cup of lobster bisque, which I think is some of the best that I've ever had, the seasoning doesn't overwhelm the bisque. Both of us really enjoyed the food and our server was attentive without being a nuisance.Special Features:
- Not our best mealSusanDined on 10/11/2014We eat here about once a month because the location is very close to our home. Our appetizers came out quickly but the meal was very delayed. When it arrived, 2 members of our party ordered the same dinner and the cuts of the fish were completely different. We questioned the server who sent a manager stating that sea bass is cut to order and both plates were sea bass. Both were good but one portion much larger and looked like the other meal was the end cut or something like that. For 31.99 per meal, that was a little disappointing. We ordered one dessert, which we were not charged for due to the delay of the dinner. We were also squished in on top of other diners and could barely here across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- person at the front desk prepairedJaysDined on 10/11/2014Treated poorly at the front desk when entering the restaurant. We were made to wait and the place was empty It was almost empty when we finished. We made reservation to celebrate a birthday and they could have cared less on our arrival. Untrainsd people on the front desk and super rude.Special Features:
- New Menu ShinestgwsciVIPDined on 10/5/2014Mitchell's new menu and preparations are great. We find the food and service to be very good to excellent each time we dine at Mitchell'sSpecial Features:
- A good nightYentaVIPDined on 10/4/2014Once you get seated everything comes together. Three staff members were at hostess stand trying to organize seating nobody acknowledged our presence. Eventually they did but we still stood there for a few more minutes...and that was with a reservation. Servers are always goodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014excellent meal, and excellent waiter (Christian). We'll be back.Special Features:
- VernDined on 9/28/2014Presentation was good as was food quality and service.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Usually an evening at Mitchell's is much better than our last visit. But the food felt thrown together and lacked the usual great tasteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poorly Managed RestaurantExperiencedDinerVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was good, service was terrible. Staff needs training on observing customers and identifying their needs. Table should be cleared of empty plates between courses and water glass should be offered to be filled when needed.
- Great RestaurantluvdurfoodDined on 9/18/2014The food and service were among the best we ever had. Atmosphere and noise level was great, no need to shout over music or bar patrons. If you didn.t see the bar on the way in you would never know it was directly beside you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service as Always!!mitchellsDined on 9/17/2014We had an excellent dinner at Mitchell's on September 17th and celebrated my Mom's Birthday! Our server Daniel was very welcoming and friendly. Food and drinks were awesome. Can't wait to go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMarshallgirl1Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I usually go to Mitchelle's on special occasions. The food is fantastic, the waiters are always great, and my husband enjoys their cocktails made with fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Great food, atmosphere and above all pleasant and accommodating service.Special Features:
- Average food when busyBracesmithDined on 8/31/2014Went with the family on a night we thought wouldn't be crowded. Turns out it was very crowded and the service was very slow. Coffee was cold as was the food. Fish was prepared incorrectly. Dessert was very good. Server was very friendly. Seems like the kitchen couldn't keep the pace or the quality. Have eaten at this establishment when it isn't crowded and it was much betterSpecial Features:
- Always a joyJakedruDined on 8/29/2014Love this place. It is my favorite place to eat. The food is always perfect, the service is A+. The biggest excuse people give me for not wanting to try it is the price. While there are some higher priced items (And you do get what you pay for ... perfection) There are many items on the menu that run about the same as getting a steak at any chain place. Samuel Adams Beer Battered dinner is one. Just a great dining experience always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels - Worst EverJM25Dined on 8/29/2014Don't get the mussels - awful Seabass was great - lobster was goodSpecial Features:
- RonnieVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was a casual dinner outing with several friends. We enjoyed cocktails and various starters and entrees. The hot sourdough bread is great. I had tasty gumbo and took advantage of a special on twin lobster tails. Good choice. Dessert options are tempting, including the enormous and tasty-looking sharkfin pie.Special Features:
- Great as AlwaystgwsciVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our go to restaurant for sea food and great service. Staff is attentive without being cloying, the food is tastefully presented and the service is consistently top notch!Special Features:
- YUMMYfishloverDined on 8/22/2014I eat out quite often and this restaurant never disappoints. It's centrally located and the ambiance is wonderful. Of course the highlight is the food. I can safely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Sea BassCaseylgVIPDined on 8/19/2014Your presentation of the sea bass with soy and spinach is the best I have ever tasted. I travel all over and seafood is my food of choice. Whenever I am close to a Mitchell's Fish Market I make it a point to take my business partners and or clients to a Mitchell's. This time my business was in Washington, PA but still came for lunch. Great Ahi Tuna for an appiterizer also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerDavethefoodguyDined on 8/15/2014For dinner, I strongly recommend making reservations. We were seated promptly, and had a friendly (but not hovering) server who gave us time to chat before returning to take our orders. The food was very good; we both had the Twin Lobster tails. While I do not drink wine much anymore, their list should satisfy most folks palate. I've also had lunch there where the server was very knowledgeable on various sea food questions we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out with girlsDanandSueDined on 8/13/2014My friends and I meet at Mitchell's in the Galleria a few times a year and the food and service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at MitchellsdodeDined on 8/3/2014I had The twin Lobster tails and a shrimp cocktail appetizer and a salad. The shrimp cocktail only had 4 shrimp, although large - they were way over priced. The lobster tails were small and a bit over done. The waitress was very attentive, but the person that brought out the children's meals did not have everything correct. The waitress promptly corrected the problem. Overall everyone was satisfied with their meals except for pricey appetizer and doneness and size of the lobster tails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steps away from movie theaterCuisineQuestVIPDined on 8/2/2014We like to book at Mitchell's before or after a movie. The food is consistent. The dining on mall interior almost feels like eating outdoors. The cocktail menu is fresh. Our server, was attentive and engaging and worked to meet our time constraints.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef Tenderloin SkewersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The beef tenderloins, part of a full 3 course meal were over seasoned and over marinated, all other parts of the meal were very goodSpecial Features:
- FoodbethelneighborsDined on 7/28/2014Overall the food was very good. For our liking, the vegetables had too much garlic, the Ceasar dressing wasn't creamy, and our request for "no butter" on one side of veggies was ignored. My husband loved his soup and fish n chips! Steak and fish were perfectly cooked to order.Special Features:
- The following 673 reviews are from the Mitchell's Fish Market - Galleria - Pittsburgh reviews archive.
- Nice timeSeafood1Dined on 7/6/2014Very good seafood. Nice ambiance. Awesome carrot cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay this time...LarisDined on 7/5/2014We go to Mitchell's often, but I think this was the first time we weren't impressed with the food... and I don't think it was a coincidence that it was the first time one of us ordered beef. My husband got one of the specials that had lobster and beef tenderloin skewers. The beef was so chewy - he said, "like gum." I tried to take a bite & could barely do so. Besides that, his lobster was good and my tilapia dish was fine. It just wasn't our best meal at Mitchell's and it was the first time we left a little disappointed. Service was good, and if you get dessert & like peanut butter & ice cream, definitely get the sharkfin pie! It was delicious!Special Features: