Mitchell's Fish Market - Galleria - Pittsburgh
1500 Washington Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15228Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Galleria - Pittsburgh
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 4125713474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm,Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: David Indorato
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Rochelle Villalba, General Manager 4125713474
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Galleria - Pittsburgh
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mitchell's Fish Market - Galleria - Pittsburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (45)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (17)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Great Timehockeyal1025Dined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed the food very much. Service was excellent. Everything was just great. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & attentive serviceGina729Dined on 10/12/2014I ate there with my daughter. I had the Seafood Americana, my favorite and my daughter had Butternut squash Ravioli topped with lobster. We both had a cup of lobster bisque, which I think is some of the best that I've ever had, the seasoning doesn't overwhelm the bisque. Both of us really enjoyed the food and our server was attentive without being a nuisance.Special Features:
- Not our best mealSusanDined on 10/11/2014We eat here about once a month because the location is very close to our home. Our appetizers came out quickly but the meal was very delayed. When it arrived, 2 members of our party ordered the same dinner and the cuts of the fish were completely different. We questioned the server who sent a manager stating that sea bass is cut to order and both plates were sea bass. Both were good but one portion much larger and looked like the other meal was the end cut or something like that. For 31.99 per meal, that was a little disappointing. We ordered one dessert, which we were not charged for due to the delay of the dinner. We were also squished in on top of other diners and could barely here across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- person at the front desk prepairedJaysDined on 10/11/2014Treated poorly at the front desk when entering the restaurant. We were made to wait and the place was empty It was almost empty when we finished. We made reservation to celebrate a birthday and they could have cared less on our arrival. Untrainsd people on the front desk and super rude.Special Features:
- New Menu ShinestgwsciVIPDined on 10/5/2014Mitchell's new menu and preparations are great. We find the food and service to be very good to excellent each time we dine at Mitchell'sSpecial Features:
- A good nightYentaVIPDined on 10/4/2014Once you get seated everything comes together. Three staff members were at hostess stand trying to organize seating nobody acknowledged our presence. Eventually they did but we still stood there for a few more minutes...and that was with a reservation. Servers are always goodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014excellent meal, and excellent waiter (Christian). We'll be back.Special Features:
- VernDined on 9/28/2014Presentation was good as was food quality and service.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Usually an evening at Mitchell's is much better than our last visit. But the food felt thrown together and lacked the usual great tasteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poorly Managed RestaurantExperiencedDinerVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was good, service was terrible. Staff needs training on observing customers and identifying their needs. Table should be cleared of empty plates between courses and water glass should be offered to be filled when needed.
- Great RestaurantluvdurfoodDined on 9/18/2014The food and service were among the best we ever had. Atmosphere and noise level was great, no need to shout over music or bar patrons. If you didn.t see the bar on the way in you would never know it was directly beside you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service as Always!!mitchellsDined on 9/17/2014We had an excellent dinner at Mitchell's on September 17th and celebrated my Mom's Birthday! Our server Daniel was very welcoming and friendly. Food and drinks were awesome. Can't wait to go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMarshallgirl1Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I usually go to Mitchelle's on special occasions. The food is fantastic, the waiters are always great, and my husband enjoys their cocktails made with fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Great food, atmosphere and above all pleasant and accommodating service.Special Features:
- Average food when busyBracesmithDined on 8/31/2014Went with the family on a night we thought wouldn't be crowded. Turns out it was very crowded and the service was very slow. Coffee was cold as was the food. Fish was prepared incorrectly. Dessert was very good. Server was very friendly. Seems like the kitchen couldn't keep the pace or the quality. Have eaten at this establishment when it isn't crowded and it was much betterSpecial Features:
- Always a joyJakedruDined on 8/29/2014Love this place. It is my favorite place to eat. The food is always perfect, the service is A+. The biggest excuse people give me for not wanting to try it is the price. While there are some higher priced items (And you do get what you pay for ... perfection) There are many items on the menu that run about the same as getting a steak at any chain place. Samuel Adams Beer Battered dinner is one. Just a great dining experience always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels - Worst EverJM25Dined on 8/29/2014Don't get the mussels - awful Seabass was great - lobster was goodSpecial Features:
- RonnieVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was a casual dinner outing with several friends. We enjoyed cocktails and various starters and entrees. The hot sourdough bread is great. I had tasty gumbo and took advantage of a special on twin lobster tails. Good choice. Dessert options are tempting, including the enormous and tasty-looking sharkfin pie.Special Features:
- Great as AlwaystgwsciVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our go to restaurant for sea food and great service. Staff is attentive without being cloying, the food is tastefully presented and the service is consistently top notch!Special Features:
- YUMMYfishloverDined on 8/22/2014I eat out quite often and this restaurant never disappoints. It's centrally located and the ambiance is wonderful. Of course the highlight is the food. I can safely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Sea BassCaseylgVIPDined on 8/19/2014Your presentation of the sea bass with soy and spinach is the best I have ever tasted. I travel all over and seafood is my food of choice. Whenever I am close to a Mitchell's Fish Market I make it a point to take my business partners and or clients to a Mitchell's. This time my business was in Washington, PA but still came for lunch. Great Ahi Tuna for an appiterizer also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerDavethefoodguyDined on 8/15/2014For dinner, I strongly recommend making reservations. We were seated promptly, and had a friendly (but not hovering) server who gave us time to chat before returning to take our orders. The food was very good; we both had the Twin Lobster tails. While I do not drink wine much anymore, their list should satisfy most folks palate. I've also had lunch there where the server was very knowledgeable on various sea food questions we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out with girlsDanandSueDined on 8/13/2014My friends and I meet at Mitchell's in the Galleria a few times a year and the food and service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at MitchellsdodeDined on 8/3/2014I had The twin Lobster tails and a shrimp cocktail appetizer and a salad. The shrimp cocktail only had 4 shrimp, although large - they were way over priced. The lobster tails were small and a bit over done. The waitress was very attentive, but the person that brought out the children's meals did not have everything correct. The waitress promptly corrected the problem. Overall everyone was satisfied with their meals except for pricey appetizer and doneness and size of the lobster tails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steps away from movie theaterCuisineQuestVIPDined on 8/2/2014We like to book at Mitchell's before or after a movie. The food is consistent. The dining on mall interior almost feels like eating outdoors. The cocktail menu is fresh. Our server, was attentive and engaging and worked to meet our time constraints.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef Tenderloin SkewersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The beef tenderloins, part of a full 3 course meal were over seasoned and over marinated, all other parts of the meal were very goodSpecial Features:
- FoodbethelneighborsDined on 7/28/2014Overall the food was very good. For our liking, the vegetables had too much garlic, the Ceasar dressing wasn't creamy, and our request for "no butter" on one side of veggies was ignored. My husband loved his soup and fish n chips! Steak and fish were perfectly cooked to order.Special Features:
- Nice timeSeafood1Dined on 7/6/2014Very good seafood. Nice ambiance. Awesome carrot cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay this time...LarisDined on 7/5/2014We go to Mitchell's often, but I think this was the first time we weren't impressed with the food... and I don't think it was a coincidence that it was the first time one of us ordered beef. My husband got one of the specials that had lobster and beef tenderloin skewers. The beef was so chewy - he said, "like gum." I tried to take a bite & could barely do so. Besides that, his lobster was good and my tilapia dish was fine. It just wasn't our best meal at Mitchell's and it was the first time we left a little disappointed. Service was good, and if you get dessert & like peanut butter & ice cream, definitely get the sharkfin pie! It was delicious!Special Features:
- TommybVIPDined on 7/5/2014food was good as usual and prepared as ordered. pricing of the special july favorites was confusing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 670 reviews are from the Mitchell's Fish Market - Galleria - Pittsburgh reviews archive.
- Lobster tail Mondays ...MJfromPghVIPDined on 6/30/2014Bad service, bad/cold food ... no wonder they're offering the lobster tail special for $19.99 ... you get what you pay for, I guess. Have never been disappointed at Mitchell's before ... beware of this special.
- Consistently GoodtgwsciVIPDined on 6/29/2014One of our 'go to' neighborhood restaurants; we eat here regularly and are rarely disappointedSpecial Features:
- JamoDined on 6/28/2014Good food, but slow service. Waiter provided two free drinks as compensation, and we were not in a big hurry, so it worked out fine.Special Features:
- Always Good FoodCopsVIPDined on 6/28/2014We eat at this location all the time. The food is CONSISTENTLY good. The staff is polite and they don't rush you out the door. The have an excellent fish sandwich. Also try the BLT - Bacon, Lobster and tomato sandwich for lunch. For dinner, I love Sea Bass and they do a Pan Asian prep that is greatSpecial Features:
- ususal lobster visitJAYJAYDined on 6/27/2014We got the lobster and the salmon. Both were very good.Special Features:
- New Menu, More Great FoodtgwsciVIPDined on 6/20/2014It was worth the wait! Mitchell's new menu is scaled back, but includes delicious and well presented dishes popping with taste!Special Features:
- :(ReallyDined on 6/20/2014Service was terrible ,food was served in a sporadic fashion , attention of waiter questionable at best , still gave 20:/: gratuity due to the fact my daughter is in the business . Food just average! It just goes to show location is so vital to success in this field .Special Features:
- Mitchell's is a favorite!hoyterooDined on 6/18/2014Mitchell's Fish Market has consistently good food, libations, and service. I always prefer seating at or in the bar - the bartending staff provides unparalleled service, and they are very congenial and fun to talk with. If you want a quieter or more private setting, there are several "in the wall" booths which is where I dined on this particular occasion - I ordered the new cedar plank treatment for one of the fresh seafood items (with sea scallops). This dish has been available since they opened with Atlantic salmon, which is also delicious, but now they officially offer it with other types of fish and shellfish. Most delicious! My dining partner ordered the ShangHai Seafood sampler, which was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinnerRainsDined on 6/18/2014Good food, attentive service. Me and my guests had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialDeePaulDined on 6/18/2014Was very disappointed, there was nothing served that justified the prices. We will not be back.