Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin
500 Grand Blvd.
Miramar Beach, FL 32550Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 8506502484
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - Midnight, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Josh Daughtery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Frank Hess, General Manager 8506502484
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin - Best Restaurants in Destin ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (35)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (26)romantic (24)great for outdoor dining (17)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good foodPedroVIPDined on 10/27/2014Reliable quality all in all. Good food, good service (albeit a little too fast, probably because I was dining alone), and very pleasant staff. Would recommend broiled grouper with hollandaise sauce and lobster pieces - wow! The vegetables were also very nicely cooked, another mark of a good restaurant. Prices are not a bargain, but the food quality is commensurate. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- mitchells sandestinfrankDined on 10/19/2014Consistently good food. Excellent service. One of our favorites in this area.Special Features:
- Slow serviceMarkBoDined on 10/18/2014I have a eaten at Mitchell's Fish market on a regular basis, however this time the food service was a little bit slow. However the food is still very good.Special Features:
- An off night I guess!MikeHDined on 10/13/2014My wife and I planned dinner to celebrate our 41st Anniversary. We chose Mitchells based on prior dining experiences at this location. Made sure I called ahead to advise hostess of our special night. Dinner was not on par with past dining experiences. Prices were markedly higher for entrees. Server was fair and not a attentive as we would have expected. Salad (Spinach, Goat Cheese, Apple, Bacon, Walnut) had no apples? Asked server for some apples slices to complete the dish. Had finished the salad before the apples arrived. Ordered the Entrees from the Fall Harvest Special Menu, Lobster Paella. Lobster was rubbery and chewy. Rice was too salty and dessert of Creme Brule was fair. All-in-all a mediocre experiance. Happy Anniversary Honey?
- New favorite!busymomof3Dined on 10/7/2014We have been coming to Destin for nearly 15 years and have our favorite places to eat every time we visit. Mitchell's has been added to that list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseciriaslyDined on 10/5/2014I can't say enough good things about my experience. The seafood was very fresh and seasoned and cooked so well. The clam chowder was amazing. The scallops were cooked perfectly and so flavorful as were the shrimp. The service was friendly and fun but professional. I would go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good we went twice in one week!Eat2liveDined on 9/22/2014On vacation in Sandestin we tried this restaurant. The food was so good and the service exceptional that we went back again a few nights later. The seafood paella was amazing and my husband said his filet mignon was delicious. The spinach salad was wonderful but their house salad is also very good especially the poppy seed dressing. Yum! We also tried the beer battered shrimp and pan seared grouper. Both were exceptional. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone travelling in this area. My only negative comment is that both times we were seated near the kitchen door and we could smell the anticeptic cleaner used. We went early and it did dissipate after a while.Special Features:
- Good family diningLuvSeafoodDined on 9/20/2014We found the seafood to be average and close to what you would relate to mid level chain restaurant. A little disappointing especially located so close to the gulf because it did not taste fresh and was over cooked. No complaints at all with the appearance and service as it was top notch. The wine list was basic and pricey for the selection. Deserts were awesome. Overall I felt like I paid for great and only got soso!Special Features:
- Nothing Special about the SpecialRobertDined on 9/19/2014This was my second time at Mitchell's. My wife and I both ordered relatively expensive seasonal specials. They were both bland and the ingredients seemed a better fit for Red Lobster. My wife had the Mitchell's version of Paella. It was a bit watery and did not have the distinctive flavor of real Paella. I had a mixed grill and the seafood seemed to be freezer food vs fresh and in rather small portions considering what I paid. One would be better off going to Red Lobster and paying less. Now the first time I went to Mitchell's I ordered fresh fish, simply prepared (grilled I think) with a vegetable and salad. The fish was fresh and well (if simply) prepared. My recommendation? Stay away from the specials. There is no chef in the kitchen.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedGeggerDined on 9/10/2014I was served hot house tomatoes far from ripe very chilled covered in a runny dressing. I have had other meals this week with heirlooms at other restaurants so I know they are available. The bacon wrapped shrimp very good. Snapper very good, vegetables overcooked an limp. My guest ordered the best cut of meat recommended by the waiter. She was unsure but thought she wanted med well, but liked them juicy I suggested med, the waiter convinced her they could butterfly it and it would be perfect. A piece of shoe leather could not have been any tougher or dried out. Blackberries for dessert were no better than the tomatoes. This restaurant is capable of better fare I've had it but not sure I will gamble going back
- TJHHVIPDined on 9/2/2014Five of us went to Mitchell's for dinner ... All of us had different entrees and each of us commented on how great each was...we had a great time and I highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the sameOut4dinnerDined on 9/1/2014Something was off this time at Mitchell's, or at least I hope that is not the new level of food. Soups served were at room temperature, the presentation of Seafood American was akin to slop on a plate, the scampi was severely lacking in taste, the special of lobster tails were almost chared and after a long day at the beach waiting 20 minutes for a water refill will just not work.
- Would come again!FoodDrsDined on 8/31/2014Had an excellent experience. Food was good and service was excellent. Great selection of fish and preparations...would take a lifetime to try them all. Amongst our party we ordered 6 different fish dishes all of which were good. Only thing that made it less than perfect was one of the snapper dishes got way over cooked. Sad to see it have go to waste. We were more than adequately taken care of though. Dish was comped and we got a free dessert. Tried the sharkfin pie...would get it again too. Reminded me of a fancy drumstick ice cream treat. Can't wait for our next trip to Destin to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service, good foodMalissaDined on 8/31/2014food was very tasty and well plated. service was exceptionally slow and poor/Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseNateDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, wonderfully quiet noise level, which is most unusual. Relaxing, upscale, great service.
- great find!ronandkimVIPDined on 8/30/2014my wife and i were in Sandestin for Labor Day weekend and i wanted to book a nice dinner close by. every review i read was great about Mitchell's they were all right! the seafood and steak were so well prepared and we had one of the best tuna appetizers ever! Tyler was a great waiter and the whole experience was so good we went back the next night, there were too many things we wanted that we didn't get to try. we did order the tuna again though because it was fantastic. Victoria was a waitress the next night. she made the experience just as awesome as the first. i highly recommend Mitchell's if you are in Destin.Special Features:
- Consistently goodKatCanDoDined on 8/30/2014I have been to this restaurant on four different occasions when visiting Destin. It has never disappointed. The wait staff is very friendly, the food is delicious and prepared well. The ambience is not subdued but I like that you can have a conversation without yelling to be heard. I like the way it's decorated...not too trendy or pretentious but comfortable and inviting. Last year, my friend and I were given an appetizer because our food wasn't out as soon as they thought it should be! We hadn't noticed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gem!LuvthesouthDined on 8/30/2014We go here every time we are in the area and they never disappoint. Great food and even have a great kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice folksOTPDinerVIPDined on 8/27/2014We weren't in the mood for anything too fancy but we wanted good cocktails with better-quality bourbon and vodka than you find at casual crab-shack type restaurants right on the beach. This was a good mid-range option. The service is extremely attentive. They were out of the shrimp and scallops ceviche which must mean it's pretty good. We had lobster tails and the Seafood Americana. The lobster, flown in from Maine, was good but the other dish was overly salty and swimming in sauce. We also had the spicy Asian shrimp appetizer which also was swimming in sauce. The kitchen could use a lighter hand with sauce, especially given how the restaurant boasts how fresh their fish is.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant! Calamari appetizer was the best we've ever had; stuffed cod was delicious and service was very good! Will definitely go back to try more.Special Features:
- Great choiceBeckyDined on 8/19/2014Nice evening, good food. Attractive decor. So glad we chose this for our first night of vacation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedKeithCDined on 8/16/2014Our family has dined at Mitchell's several times the past 3 years when visiting Destin and have always had excellent meals and service. However this time was very poor. We had 3 seafood meals and one steak meal in our party. 2 seafood meals were poor as far as taste. The other seabass (Specialty dinner) was so bad that the person became ill. Whatever the reason I will not be returning in the near future. Maybe it was just bad preparation, but it will just take time before I will try it again. The only meal that was not messed up was the Steak.
- TerrificKtcpianoDined on 8/14/2014Overall, we had an excellent evening here. The kitchen was extremely slow, but otherwise, the service was extremely attentive. The food was also exceptionally well prepared. Nice atmosphere. Highly recommended.
- Warm atmosphere and fine foodBerryDined on 8/13/2014Mitchell's Fish Market has become one of our favorite restaurants in the Sandestin area. We have had dinner a couple of times this vacation and found it totally satisfactory. It is not over the top, but they really service you well and have a good understanding of better wines too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ran out of specialFLTravelsVIPDined on 8/6/2014Great restaurant with very tasty food. Service was wonderful. Ambience beautiful . I am determined to remove one star at every restaurant that runs out of the special they offer. The Bairdi Crab sounded wonderful but alas was all gone. Seems to happen a lotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticMSTLDined on 8/4/2014Always can count on a wonderful meal. It's our go to restaurant whenever we are on vacation where we know will have wonderful food and great service! Lucked out this time with wonderful Monday special of 2 lobster tails plus enjoyed yummy Blackberry Margarita. Great for kids also, our server went out of his way to entertain our son - Happy child = Happy Parents!Special Features:
- Lucious LobstersDining1Dined on 8/4/2014We all really enjoyed the twin lobster tails special on Monday nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurantCFL00Dined on 7/31/2014Love the Sandestin Martini! Menu changes daily. Fresh fish and seafood choices, cooked to your preference. Great selection on kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NativeDined on 7/31/2014Food was good but overpriced for the quality. Ordered pan sauteed fish and got heavily breaded fried.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappoint again!!!Gooser67Dined on 7/30/2014Came to Mitchell's twice during vacation last year because of the great food and service. Looked forward to coming back a year. They did not disappoint!!! From the seating arrangement they provided for our 8 top (private room), to the menu knowledge of our server (Brian), to local seafood, ending with the awesome food itself! Apps were great, get the BBQ shrimp or spicey Asian shrimp, entrees were cooked perfectly, I recommend anything local, and the desert you have to share, shark-fin pie. Kids loved it and so did our guests from Dallas. I work in the business and realize how hard it is day to day to provide top notch consistency, but Mitchell's has done it again. Hope to be back again tonight for a second round before we leave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach TimeCowboyVIPDined on 7/24/2014We have vacationed in Destin a couple of times a year for may years. Mitchell's is always on our to do list. The happy hour is fun and special. We had supper and had a problem with one of the dishes. Scott the manager and Brenda our server made everything perfect. Our satisfaction was all that was on their mind. Mitchell's is the ultimate in customer service. Do yourself a favor and pay them a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceStuyDined on 7/23/2014Waiter was great explained menu perfectly, food was very good, just a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Poor service but great foodSevillachicaDined on 7/21/2014We all enjoyed our food when it arrived but the service was neglectful. At the price you pay for an entree at this restaurant you expect a high level of service with the waiter anticipating your requests. We had to constantly ask for refills and our waiter was slow to fill them. We had to ask for bread multiple times before we received it. Some of the other tables around us seemed to have more attentive waiters. Our waiter did not appear to have any other tables in the room except ours so I don't think he was overwhelmed. He did tell us that he was new and we would have cut him some slack but he did not seem to be making any effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best service...AngelicaDined on 7/17/2014Our food took very long, poor service outdoor table. Drinks order never came out...I reminded the server not to charge me for the drink. She had the nerve to say "I checked twice guess they forgot"... But don't worry I took them off the check! Well I hope so since I never got them... Needles to say no tip was left.!
- Very pleasedCPKsDined on 7/17/2014We wanted a special spot to celebrate our anniversary and found it! The food was awesome, our waiter was charming and helpful, and the atmosphere was what you'd expect in a quality restaurant. We will look for Mitchell's in other locations.Special Features:
- Awesome!BeauzerDined on 7/13/2014We had eaten at Mitchell's Fish Market some years ago and loved it. We decided to see if it still was great and it was! The service was great by everyone, the food was awesome and the atmosphere was very relaxed. We will definitely be back!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fish!LynchpinVIPDined on 7/11/2014Located in the beach town of Sandestin, Mitchell's is a great find because it's a step above the local Florida beach fish house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmbarrassedBusinessdinerDined on 7/10/2014Invited several clients to join me for dinner in their private dining room. Room needed cleaning, food was marginal at best and service was slow. Would not return or recommend.
- Our family's new dinner tradition!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Our family has been vacationing in Destin for almost 20 years and we were looking for a new dinner restaurant this year. We have found our new place hands down!! Wonderful service with a very knowledgeable server and the food and specialty drinks were amazing! Even the kids menu was unlike any other restaurant we've been to with fresh green beans and strawberries as side items. We are already looking forward to going back next year! Thanks Mitchell's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for a KingDGDFW23Dined on 7/8/2014I needed a special place for my anniversary that served good food and was someplace different and Boy did we hit the Jackpot. This was truly a great experience and choice of wonderful food.We will definately return on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.