Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin
500 Grand Blvd.
Miramar Beach, FL 32550Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 8506502484
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - Midnight, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Josh Daughtery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Frank Hess, General Manager 8506502484
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin - Best Restaurants in Destin ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (30)romantic (29)great for outdoor dining (25)kid-friendly (20)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (14)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Would come again!FoodDrsDined on 8/31/2014Had an excellent experience. Food was good and service was excellent. Great selection of fish and preparations...would take a lifetime to try them all. Amongst our party we ordered 6 different fish dishes all of which were good. Only thing that made it less than perfect was one of the snapper dishes got way over cooked. Sad to see it have go to waste. We were more than adequately taken care of though. Dish was comped and we got a free dessert. Tried the sharkfin pie...would get it again too. Reminded me of a fancy drumstick ice cream treat. Can't wait for our next trip to Destin to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service, good foodMalissaDined on 8/31/2014food was very tasty and well plated. service was exceptionally slow and poor/Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseNateDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, wonderfully quiet noise level, which is most unusual. Relaxing, upscale, great service.
- great find!ronandkimVIPDined on 8/30/2014my wife and i were in Sandestin for Labor Day weekend and i wanted to book a nice dinner close by. every review i read was great about Mitchell's they were all right! the seafood and steak were so well prepared and we had one of the best tuna appetizers ever! Tyler was a great waiter and the whole experience was so good we went back the next night, there were too many things we wanted that we didn't get to try. we did order the tuna again though because it was fantastic. Victoria was a waitress the next night. she made the experience just as awesome as the first. i highly recommend Mitchell's if you are in Destin.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We go here every time we are in the area and they never disappoint. Great food and even have a great kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice folksOTPDinerVIPDined on 8/27/2014We weren't in the mood for anything too fancy but we wanted good cocktails with better-quality bourbon and vodka than you find at casual crab-shack type restaurants right on the beach. This was a good mid-range option. The service is extremely attentive. They were out of the shrimp and scallops ceviche which must mean it's pretty good. We had lobster tails and the Seafood Americana. The lobster, flown in from Maine, was good but the other dish was overly salty and swimming in sauce. We also had the spicy Asian shrimp appetizer which also was swimming in sauce. The kitchen could use a lighter hand with sauce, especially given how the restaurant boasts how fresh their fish is.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant! Calamari appetizer was the best we've ever had; stuffed cod was delicious and service was very good! Will definitely go back to try more.Special Features:
- Great choiceBeckyDined on 8/19/2014Nice evening, good food. Attractive decor. So glad we chose this for our first night of vacation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedKeithCDined on 8/16/2014Our family has dined at Mitchell's several times the past 3 years when visiting Destin and have always had excellent meals and service. However this time was very poor. We had 3 seafood meals and one steak meal in our party. 2 seafood meals were poor as far as taste. The other seabass (Specialty dinner) was so bad that the person became ill. Whatever the reason I will not be returning in the near future. Maybe it was just bad preparation, but it will just take time before I will try it again. The only meal that was not messed up was the Steak.
- TerrificKtcpianoDined on 8/14/2014Overall, we had an excellent evening here. The kitchen was extremely slow, but otherwise, the service was extremely attentive. The food was also exceptionally well prepared. Nice atmosphere. Highly recommended.
- Warm atmosphere and fine foodBerryDined on 8/13/2014Mitchell's Fish Market has become one of our favorite restaurants in the Sandestin area. We have had dinner a couple of times this vacation and found it totally satisfactory. It is not over the top, but they really service you well and have a good understanding of better wines too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ran out of specialFLTravelsVIPDined on 8/6/2014Great restaurant with very tasty food. Service was wonderful. Ambience beautiful . I am determined to remove one star at every restaurant that runs out of the special they offer. The Bairdi Crab sounded wonderful but alas was all gone. Seems to happen a lotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticMSTLDined on 8/4/2014Always can count on a wonderful meal. It's our go to restaurant whenever we are on vacation where we know will have wonderful food and great service! Lucked out this time with wonderful Monday special of 2 lobster tails plus enjoyed yummy Blackberry Margarita. Great for kids also, our server went out of his way to entertain our son - Happy child = Happy Parents!Special Features:
- Lucious LobstersDining1Dined on 8/4/2014We all really enjoyed the twin lobster tails special on Monday nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurantCFL00Dined on 7/31/2014Love the Sandestin Martini! Menu changes daily. Fresh fish and seafood choices, cooked to your preference. Great selection on kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NativeDined on 7/31/2014Food was good but overpriced for the quality. Ordered pan sauteed fish and got heavily breaded fried.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappoint again!!!Gooser67Dined on 7/30/2014Came to Mitchell's twice during vacation last year because of the great food and service. Looked forward to coming back a year. They did not disappoint!!! From the seating arrangement they provided for our 8 top (private room), to the menu knowledge of our server (Brian), to local seafood, ending with the awesome food itself! Apps were great, get the BBQ shrimp or spicey Asian shrimp, entrees were cooked perfectly, I recommend anything local, and the desert you have to share, shark-fin pie. Kids loved it and so did our guests from Dallas. I work in the business and realize how hard it is day to day to provide top notch consistency, but Mitchell's has done it again. Hope to be back again tonight for a second round before we leave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach TimeCowboyDined on 7/24/2014We have vacationed in Destin a couple of times a year for may years. Mitchell's is always on our to do list. The happy hour is fun and special. We had supper and had a problem with one of the dishes. Scott the manager and Brenda our server made everything perfect. Our satisfaction was all that was on their mind. Mitchell's is the ultimate in customer service. Do yourself a favor and pay them a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceStuyDined on 7/23/2014Waiter was great explained menu perfectly, food was very good, just a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Poor service but great foodSevillachicaDined on 7/21/2014We all enjoyed our food when it arrived but the service was neglectful. At the price you pay for an entree at this restaurant you expect a high level of service with the waiter anticipating your requests. We had to constantly ask for refills and our waiter was slow to fill them. We had to ask for bread multiple times before we received it. Some of the other tables around us seemed to have more attentive waiters. Our waiter did not appear to have any other tables in the room except ours so I don't think he was overwhelmed. He did tell us that he was new and we would have cut him some slack but he did not seem to be making any effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best service...AngelicaDined on 7/17/2014Our food took very long, poor service outdoor table. Drinks order never came out...I reminded the server not to charge me for the drink. She had the nerve to say "I checked twice guess they forgot"... But don't worry I took them off the check! Well I hope so since I never got them... Needles to say no tip was left.!
- Very pleasedCPKsDined on 7/17/2014We wanted a special spot to celebrate our anniversary and found it! The food was awesome, our waiter was charming and helpful, and the atmosphere was what you'd expect in a quality restaurant. We will look for Mitchell's in other locations.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We had eaten at Mitchell's Fish Market some years ago and loved it. We decided to see if it still was great and it was! The service was great by everyone, the food was awesome and the atmosphere was very relaxed. We will definitely be back!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fish!LynchpinVIPDined on 7/11/2014Located in the beach town of Sandestin, Mitchell's is a great find because it's a step above the local Florida beach fish house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmbarrassedBusinessdinerDined on 7/10/2014Invited several clients to join me for dinner in their private dining room. Room needed cleaning, food was marginal at best and service was slow. Would not return or recommend.
- Our family's new dinner tradition!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Our family has been vacationing in Destin for almost 20 years and we were looking for a new dinner restaurant this year. We have found our new place hands down!! Wonderful service with a very knowledgeable server and the food and specialty drinks were amazing! Even the kids menu was unlike any other restaurant we've been to with fresh green beans and strawberries as side items. We are already looking forward to going back next year! Thanks Mitchell's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for a KingDGDFW23Dined on 7/8/2014I needed a special place for my anniversary that served good food and was someplace different and Boy did we hit the Jackpot. This was truly a great experience and choice of wonderful food.We will definately return on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fish dish ever!cpas28Dined on 7/5/2014All around fabulous meal for my boyfriend and I, who were enjoying a relaxing weekend at the beach. The Chilean sea bass blackened with Shang hi preparation was the best fish dish it have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our regularsHarryDined on 7/5/2014Mitchell's is one of the places we go every tiime we visit the Gulf. It is consistently good and they make reservations. That's a great combination for a beach restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuestionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014We made a dinner reservation and after being seated, determined that "happy hour" drink prices did not apply to the restaurant side. We moved to the bar and ordered our dinner there, not as relaxing or comfortable sitting at the bar. We will probably use Mitchell's for happy hour or lunch from this point forward.Special Features:
- OK, but priceyRich14Dined on 6/29/2014As one new to Destin, the restaurant was a bit hard to find, but it was very pleasant once we got inside. My wife's lobster tail was over cooked and a bit crispy. She should have sent it back, but didn't. I had an excellent red snapper dish. With appetizers, entrees, and iced tea it came to $120 with tip and tax.
- Just what we neededMcMagicDined on 6/28/2014We dined here our first night in Sandestin. We have teenagers and they loved the calamari, fish and chips and shrimp. The adults liked the wine choices and fresh fish including awesome lobster. Shark fin desert was fun to share and really good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with the familytaboj21Dined on 6/24/2014We had a party of 8. Upon arrival I was told they had a private room set up for us! Since we have 3 little ones that was a plus. Food was great especially the spinach lobster dip! Service was good as well the guy kinda tried to oversell it a not bit all in all a great restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealTKOIIDined on 6/21/2014We had a friend in from Atlanta who wanted fresh fish. Mitchell's more than filled the request with fresh sea bass, tuna and cobia for the group. All were prepared to order, and came out hot with nice veggies. Our server was very attentive, and knew the fish on the menu, and how they were prepared. It is a little pricey, but worth it for what you get. The place has a nice bar area, and outside eating and drinking area in the Grand Blvd. Shops of Destin. Plenty of free parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We brought friends along.FranFoodieDined on 6/20/2014They loved just as much as we always do. We'll see you next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Looking for some good seafood, and Mitchell's fit the bill perfectly. I highly recommend you try Mitchell's when your in the Destin area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert- to smallInvestigatorDined on 6/19/2014I ordered the mini shark fin pie for dessert and it was as good as usual. I have ordered the mini in your Jax, Fl restaurant and received a piece twice the size of the one I was given in Sandestin, for over $5.00, come on make it a good slice!!! There was a significant wait for the salad to be brought out after I ate the clam chowder. The waiter did a good job, but he did not seem to be in any hurry??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sure BetJorgieDined on 6/14/2014We've had dinner here five times this past year. The food quality/preparation is dependable and delicious and the service is outstanding. You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Food mediocre, service untimelyBeachieDined on 6/13/2014We were very excited to take our close friends to this restaurant. However, we were quite embarassed by the service & quite frankly, disappointed in the food. We ordered soups, salads, oysters, and appetizers to begin our meal. The soups, salads, & appetizers arrived 2-3 minutes prior to our meal. The oysters arrived after the meal was served and we quickly asked them to be returned to the kitchen. The server was very attentive to a loud group adjacent to us but she rarely visited our table. We had to ask for our drink orders repeatedly before they were brought to us. Many other servers brought us food & drinks & checked on us since our server was so attentive to others. The food was disappointing-slightly cold & seemed overprocessed.
- JimmyDined on 6/13/2014My wife had the red snapper - grilled. She said that it was very good. I ordered the red grouper, grilled - not steamed - shanghai. I received it steamed. I guess the cooks thought that I would not know the difference. It was eatable, but it was certainly disappointed. For the price that I paid, I am sorry to say that I expected better food than I received.Special Features: