Mitchell's Fish Market - Rochester
370 North Adams Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48309Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Rochester
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: (248) 340-5900
- Hours of Operation:
Mitchell's Fish Market is open daily for lunch and dinner. Our menu is printed twice daily to reflect our obsession with fresh seafood. Mitchell's Fish Market is open for lunch, Monday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We are open for dinner Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Sunday from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jason Weage
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Chris Dorcey, General Manager 2483405900
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Rochester
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Mitchell's Fish Market - Rochester - Best Restaurants in Rochester ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Rochester reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (34)neighborhood gem (28)romantic (27)great for lunch (21)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (5)Show More
- great experiencemorgie04Dined on 11/22/2014first time there. quite busy but noticed lots of staff available. our waiter was excellent- Jeremy. ordered appetizer, wine, salad (too pricey), entrees, dessert and coffee. we tried it all and were very happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell's Fish Market Rochester Hills 11/15/2014OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014We had a party of six and our reservation was honored immediately. Overall the food was excellent although I had an issue with the mussels coming out cold but they attended to the problem in a timely fashion. There also seemed be quite a few new items since my last visit. Service was good although after paying the bill plus a sizable cash tip I wasn't thanked. Not use to that. The one drawback is the price of a rocks drink. I like to have a couple of scotches before dinner but at around $11.00 a drink I'm better off buying a fifth and having them at home and sipping on a glass of wine for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/9/2014There were four of us that went and two of us were disappointed. Don't know if I'll go back again
- 1unhappyDined on 11/8/2014everyone in my part had a decent meal but my paella had no flavor and the rice was not cooked enough I have not been there for a long time because last time service was terrible, this time service was good and food was not.Special Features:
- First experience at Mitchell'sTobyDined on 11/8/2014Excellent service and food! Top notch and would recommend to anyone who enjoys delicious seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemNGemDined on 11/7/2014Walking in, we were immediately welcomed. The restaurant was not too bright, but not too dark either. The staff was friendly and our entrees were unique and delicious.Special Features:
- mojoDined on 11/7/2014my scallops were a bit over done. the veggies were not warm enoughSpecial Features:
- Drop off in QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Had a fall fest dinner not worth the cost, Got seated by the front door and had to move, waitress was just okay not friendly. FOr what they charge they should be much better.
- Dependable seafoodCarloDined on 11/1/2014Fresh fish & shellfish. A great selection of fish. I had the cobi with a delicate sauce and crab stuffing. Properly prepared and flavorful. Highly recommended Mitchell's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was terribleRJJBDined on 11/1/2014the food was terrible, I had the ultimate seafood platter and everything was salty and almost unedible.
- Great spot!pbone11Dined on 10/24/2014Always enjoy the food and the service is first class!
- Good dinnerjroseDined on 10/24/2014We had a good dinner. My adult son is on a special diet - they took the time to prepare his meal according to his dietary guidelines. My husband had Fish and Chips which he enjoyed. I had salmon which seemed grilled rather than broiled as requested, but it was very tasty. Salads were good. We did not have dessert. Service was friendly. We would return.Special Features:
- Great experienceGreatfood1Dined on 10/24/2014Great food and great experience. I went for romantic dinner with my husband. My coffee was not hot but everything else was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!luvveditDined on 10/18/2014Great food, great service, great atmosphere! Would recommend to anyone- high end food at good prices! Party of six with no wait on Sweetest Day thanks to Open Table! Very accommodating!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, pleasant serviceKal8644Dined on 10/18/2014We came on a busy Saturday night which happened to be homecoming, which explains why this was one of the few restaurants with open reservations the day before. The server did a good job though she had a hard time hearing our order in the noise. We asked for the dessert menu but she brought the check by mistake. No other issues. Despite the full restaurant we were seated and served promptly. We all enjoyed our food, though my clam chowder was less hot than I would have liked. We have dined here before for lunches and I must admit the atmosphere is better when it is busy as it was on this occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitergreatfoodandserviceDined on 10/17/2014Our waiter Jayson ( hope I got his name right) was great. He found out it was our 45 anniversary and brought a rose and desert. wWQe ate without a rush and he was right there to serve us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Mitchell's is a my favorite spot for any occasion or just a night out for a great meal.Special Features:
- GREAT servicelivesajVIPDined on 10/12/2014I travel a lot for business, and that means that I also eat out quite a bit. I've had great food and great service at many places, I've also had the displeasure of having many bad dining experiences. I'm kinda a "been there and done that" type of person when it coming to dining out. But I wanted to write this review to call out the exceptional service that we received from "Jason" at last night's meal. Jason was friendly and welcoming, and paid us a great level of attention despite also having a large party to serve. He offered good and accurate recommendations from the menu, and was very prompt and friendly with all points of service. The food here was good...but the service was GREAT. Kudos to Jason...we'll be back to see him again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014We have had a bad experience the last two visits to Mitchell's. Sadly we will not be returning. Nice atmosphere, but the food has been very unpleasant our last two times. Fish was terribly overcooked. Sent that back to the kitchen and took forever for a new dish to arrive. Had to send my cocktail back twice. Vegetables were cold. Just disappointing. For the price, it's just not worth us returning.
- Mitchell's Rochester HillsTerriDined on 10/4/2014The food quality is very good, especially for a chain restaurant. Service was fair to good, we had a 10 minute wait for drinks from the bar. Appetizers and entrees were delivered timely, but we had to ask for bread to be brought to the table. We asked to be relocated, because we were seated in front of the doors - very drafty. We were immediately accomodated and moved to a booth, which was better, but could still feel the cold draft when patrons entered/left.
- Great serverPattiZDined on 10/4/2014We made a reservation a week in advance on this site since it was a dinner with friends to celebrate my birthday (a party of 4). We got at least 2 confirming e-mails and a phone call requesting we call back to confirm. After all that, we were seated in the worst booth in the restaurant.....by the entrance and hostess stand. We were finally moved to another booth in the back of the restaurant and all went well from there on mostly due to the efforts of Jason, our wonderful and attentive server. He saved the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Seafood Upscale EaterydiscriminatingDined on 10/3/2014Although, we like the restaurant, we have had better meals there. It was unfortunate for we had guests with us. My steak and our accompanying guest's were good; however, our other guest has a chicken dish and salad that was not satisfactory. She didn't want to complain though. I will give them another chance though, we like the proximity to home and overall the food is good.Special Features:
- Casual with great foodfasted2002Dined on 10/2/2014We were out for an early dinner with friends before the theater and Mitchell's was not only close to the theater, but had great food and service. We were not rushed and had plenty of time to chat with dinner. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014This is always our go-to choice, knowing that we will always be pleased with the food and the service. Never disappoints when we entertain guests here.Special Features:
- Sticky, sticky, stickyFreshMattersDined on 9/23/2014If your looking for a sticky floor and table and Applebee's like service I highly recommend Mitchell's. Fish dish was good, savory and well seasoned. Seasonal pasta dish was cold, the cream in the sauce had broken, pre made pasta was crunchy. The coffees we ordered never came (but made it to the bill). Admittedly, the server was not made aware of these concerns in a timely manner due to the fact we could not find her. Overall, we were really disappointed.Special Features:
- Good restaurantDimiDined on 9/22/2014We came to celebrate my birthday. Food was exceptionally good.Special Features:
- One of my favsKayBDined on 9/19/2014Mitchell's is a great restaurant for an evening out!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I decided to visit for a date night and we both really enjoyed our selections. We both felt the prices were fair and would definitely visit again!Special Features:
- A New FavoritecasualdinerDined on 9/13/2014Went to Mitchell's to celebrate my dad turning 90 yo this year. I made reservations and we were seated fairly quickly. The waitress, Tasha (I think), was very friendly. The food was good - the scallops the best. The noise level was perfect for my three kids - not too quiet like a library but not too noisy like a crowded bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasionmaybeagain14Dined on 9/12/2014I want to say that I was disappointed with my experience. I read it was suggested to make a reservation and ask for a special table as this was for our wedding anniversary. So I made a reservation online and later called to ask about anniversary events. The hostess stated they will have a special seating for us and also give the lady a rose with a special desert. When we arrived they didn't review the notes and were not prepared for us, they had to have our anniversary told to them, etc..I was not very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, place smells like a barnSometimesSleeplessDined on 9/12/2014The first, and very noticeable distraction while at this restaurant, was the very wierd, horsey-stable smell that permeated this place. If the weather had been warmer, we would have definitely requested that we be moved to the outdoor tables. Next, we didnt feel that our server was very knowledgeable of enough of the menu items to help us make a decision for our food choices. Finally, we expected much more experience with the wines in a place of this caliber. Because of the amateur level of service, it further diminished our dining experience. At least the food was excellent.Special Features:
- JeeCeeDined on 9/12/2014Great lunch spot. Christine and Jennifer were both fantastic. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!AngelmomDined on 9/7/2014Enjoyed seeing all the different ways your fresh fish can be prepared. The cedar plank salmon with sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese was delicious. Also enjoyed at our table was the grilled tilapia and the fish and chips. Ate on the patio, and our service was excellent! Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXcellent food.SilverstormDined on 9/5/2014Lobster tails were perfectly cooked and fish dish was too. Everything was hot and well prepared. Very good food and drinks were chilled well.Service started well but seemed to forget us at meals end.Special Features:
- Delicious fishimwriterDined on 9/4/2014We really enjoyed our dinner and it was a good value.
- Mitchells Fish Market RochesterAnnieDined on 8/29/2014As usual the food and service were top notch. Our waiter sent us a nice post card telling us how he enjoyed serving us he hoped to see us again.Special Features:
- No lobster tails !MikSakDined on 8/24/2014We went on Sunday evening for this visit, unfortunately Mitchell's was out of lobster tails. When I mentioned to our server that that was the reason we came that night her first response was"it's not my fault". I never blamed her. My wife noted that our server seemed to cater to me because she thought I was paying the bill (I was). She also seemed to forget things. We sat on the patio which was nice but I would not recommend it if it was a hot sunny evening. While we could hear some traffic the noise, it was muted. I ordered my usual crab cakes and my wife ordered a tilapia, both were very good. Yes we will return, probably not on a Sunday evening.Special Features:
- FRESHOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/24/2014Very fresh fish; great service. We had the sable fish, delicious! good sides. Potatoes were pasty tho.
- New Owner = Higher PricesNeedmoroneyDined on 8/23/2014Since being taken over by Ruth Chris steakhouse the prices really went up noticeably!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday dinner ever!MikeylikesitDined on 8/21/2014I spent a considerable amount of time searching the internet for high end seafood restaurants and came across Mitchells at a suggestion of my daughter. The occasion was my 68th Birthday and I wanted lobster. After checking out menu on line I made the reservation on a Thursday evening. We had wonderful service, drinks and food for a memorable evening. Mussels, Caesar salad, 3 lobster tails each (they were on sale as a limited time special) prepared expertly with asparagus and smashed redskins. Mentioning my birthday my waiter offered a complementary crème Brule which I had never had before but is my new favorite dessert. The experience was awesome in a very comfortable booth. I won't wait for a birthday to go back it was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.