Mitchell's Fish Market - Rochester
370 North Adams Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48309Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Rochester
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 2483405900
- Hours of Operation:
Mitchell's Fish Market is open daily for lunch and dinner. Our menu is printed twice daily to reflect our obsession with fresh seafood. Mitchell's Fish Market is open for lunch, Monday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We are open for dinner Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Sunday from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jason Weage
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Chris Dorcey, General Manager 2483405900
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Rochester
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Mitchell's Fish Market - Rochester - Best Restaurants in Rochester ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Rochester reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (37)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (35)great for lunch (33)great for outdoor dining (20)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (8)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- No lobster tails !MikSakDined on 8/24/2014We went on Sunday evening for this visit, unfortunately Mitchell's was out of lobster tails. When I mentioned to our server that that was the reason we came that night her first response was"it's not my fault". I never blamed her. My wife noted that our server seemed to cater to me because she thought I was paying the bill (I was). She also seemed to forget things. We sat on the patio which was nice but I would not recommend it if it was a hot sunny evening. While we could hear some traffic the noise, it was muted. I ordered my usual crab cakes and my wife ordered a tilapia, both were very good. Yes we will return, probably not on a Sunday evening.Special Features:
- FRESHOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/24/2014Very fresh fish; great service. We had the sable fish, delicious! good sides. Potatoes were pasty tho.
- New Owner = Higher PricesNeedmoroneyDined on 8/23/2014Since being taken over by Ruth Chris steakhouse the prices really went up noticeably!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday dinner ever!MikeylikesitDined on 8/21/2014I spent a considerable amount of time searching the internet for high end seafood restaurants and came across Mitchells at a suggestion of my daughter. The occasion was my 68th Birthday and I wanted lobster. After checking out menu on line I made the reservation on a Thursday evening. We had wonderful service, drinks and food for a memorable evening. Mussels, Caesar salad, 3 lobster tails each (they were on sale as a limited time special) prepared expertly with asparagus and smashed redskins. Mentioning my birthday my waiter offered a complementary crème Brule which I had never had before but is my new favorite dessert. The experience was awesome in a very comfortable booth. I won't wait for a birthday to go back it was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceBobMVIPDined on 8/19/2014We had a great time. Our server, Shaylee as very great. The food was cooked perfect. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great fish, good dealsAdoptedMichiganderDined on 8/19/2014We come often to this place and the food is always delicious, great fresh fish. Twice we've had the lobster specials and it is a pretty good deal. It is a little pricey, though, for the actual food you get, but overall really good. The only bad comment I have is that our initial waiter decided to stop servicing our table and another waitress had to take over. She was really honest and said "they just told me to take over", I was with a group of 5, including some seniors and I believe the waiter was being rude and inpatient. In any case, the new waitress was excellent and really nice with all of us. She earned her tip.Special Features:
- DisappointingBKfoodieDined on 8/15/2014The choice I made - Blackened Tilapia really was a scrawny piece of fish with slightly warm potatoes and dried vegetables - seemed to have been under the warming lamps too long. My wife's experience was the same. Not the best experience I have had at Mitchell's and we had three guests with us so, a little underwhelming.Special Features:
- Our Favorite place for special timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We wouldn't go anywhere else when we want fish or seafoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PNK1Dined on 8/8/2014We expreience consistently good food! And great service.Special Features:
- Celebration Destinationanne1214Dined on 8/3/2014Wonderful experience! We are two couples celebrating wedding anniversaries on the same day, and we were given a nice treat for our anniversary. As usual, the meal was fantastic and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- deliciousavl3Dined on 8/2/2014great atmosphere & outstanding food! I would highly recommend Mitchell's to friends!Special Features:
- Special!hikerrnDined on 8/2/2014Went to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Nice touch to be given a token rose and dessert for this occasion. Had sea bass and spouse had scallops. Both dishes were excellent! Will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service & SelectionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Met friends for dinner last night. Choices were good and the service was good. Three out of the four meals were hot, one was barely warm. The staff tried to fix the problem but the meal still has warm. The only tried reheating the food and it didn't really work. The manager did apologize but we didn't have time to have them attempt to fix it again. Overall a good experience and we will return.Special Features:
- pleasedDined on 7/24/2014crab cakes a little too salty. can always add but can't subtract.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch meet upkmo13Dined on 7/21/2014Great atmosphere and great food. The services was very good / attentive, without being overly so.Special Features:
- garyDined on 7/20/2014I was disappointed. I selected the Lobster and beef tenderloins. The lobster looked like a large shrimp (yes it was that small). The beef was overcooked on the outside and raw on the inside. It was the most chewy steak I have eaten in a long time. The staff stood next to our table chatting. Waiter was cleaning up the floor next to us with a broom and dust pan. It was my birthday and i was expecting a more positive experience The portions were small and EXPENSIVE. One bright spot was the carrot cake. I will not be back!
- Aniversery DinnerBobinmichDined on 7/19/20143 of us had scallops in various ways. The scallops were dry, small, rubbery, and over done. Not terrible but easily not worth the price.
- Delicious SeafoodSincerelyLDined on 7/18/2014We enjoyed appetizers, entrees and drinks served very professionally by our waitress, however, I was very disappointed with our seating. We were at a four top on the floor on wooden chairs which felt extremely tacky. I will refuse to be seated at such a set up next time. For such high prices, I think the tables need to offer MUCH BETTER seating to enjoy the experience for the prices. Food was excellent, no issue there, but I want to feel special and your table/chair set ups are awful. Need leather chairs, maybe linens would help.Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTEDNOTATMITCHELLSDined on 7/18/2014WE WERE VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE FOOD AND THE SERVICE WAS ALSO POOR . I MUST SAY I FEEL IT IS VERY OVERRATED AND I WOULD NOT RETURN AND I WILL MAKE SURE I TELL EVERYONE I KNOW TO AVOID EATING AT MITCHELLSSpecial Features:
- Solid for all types of tastesLARSPAWNDined on 7/12/2014Good choice at step just below "fine dining". Bar is a quiet rendezvous site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKcdnreviewDined on 7/12/2014My fish was under cooked .... sent back to finish cookingSpecial Features:
- seefoodeatitDined on 7/11/2014There are many excellent food choices. Once we picked were excellently done and we enjoyed themSpecial Features:
- Great Saturday night dinnerRobertDined on 7/5/2014Was seated as soon as we arrived at our 7pm reservation. I had the twin lobster tails and my date had the 6oz filet. Both were outstanding as well and the wine and beers we each ordered. Prices are a little high, but not over the top for the food and service you receive. We also shared the key lime pie which also was incredible. Great date night dinner, will go back again.Special Features:
- Diner ExperienceLooking4moreDined on 7/4/2014The meal was disappointing the lobster tails although on sale were small and tough. The cod serving was small compared to our last visit the three spears of asparagus did not really equate to a serving. I understand that prices have gone up but the dinners we had seemed to be much smaller compared to prior visitsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New ExperiencebrithdaylunchDined on 6/27/2014It was my sister birthday and she wanted fish, have never been here before. We all went for lunch and it was a pleasant experience. Sat on the patio and everyone thought their lunches were great. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- GeneDined on 6/23/2014Monday Night lobster special was disappointing and a poor value. The two tails were minuscule and tough. The sides were good. The Tuesday surf and turf at D'Amato's is a much better deal. i
- EnjoyableMetrofinefoodieDined on 6/22/2014My husband and I went here for lunch on our anniversary and was pleasantly surprised. The menu was wonderful and the cocktails were amazing. Our waitress wasn't as attentive as I felt she should've been. Everyone, is entitled to an off day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014Mitchell's is always great, and this time was no exception. The Shanghai shrimp, salmon, and scallops really hit the spot...Special Features:
- Great date placePaulGDined on 6/21/2014I really enjoyed my visit Saturday night for a very special date. We had reservations and were offered our seating promptly, even after asking for a few minutes to finish conversation and drinks at the bar. Our server, Heather, was a gem. We asked for a very slow pace, as we wanted to enjoy a long evening, and she obliged, managing to stop by to refill drinks and take orders on a perfect schedule. We arrived about 7:15 and left at 11:30, well after close, and not one person made us feel rushed. Great job, highly recommend. As for food - recommend any of the fish dishes with their new Island Jerk preparation, absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentDrMinisterDined on 6/21/2014Mitchell's Rochester ALWAYS delivers a fine dining experience. Dawn is an expert server. The restaurant's ambiance is incredible. And... the food? Always delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary here -- awesome dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedDiningwithinfantDined on 6/18/2014My order came to the table incorrectly and our waitress noticed right away. When she brought my correct dinner she told me that the kitchen had boxed up the other meal for me to take home. So I ended up with another complete meal, free of charge. We brought our 3 month old with us and I was very surprised that Mitchell's had a separate family restroom with changing table. This made dining there a major plus! It is difficult to find restaurants with a changing table let alone a family restroom. Overall, I was very pleased with our experience. Food was great and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood menuFineFoodieDined on 6/15/2014I always enjoy dining here. The ambience is great, service attentive, and the bar is very good. Close to home and open fairly late in suburban neighborhood.Special Features:
- Father DayTheVibrantClaraDined on 6/15/2014Very comfortable and great food was served! Manager came around and talked with us and thanked us for coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestEra173Dined on 6/15/2014Best Place in Michigan, MFM knows how to do it - this location is my Fav of the others I've been to I recommend to anyone looking to eat great food. Cost is fine for the quality you receive here I will be a life long customerSpecial Features:
- terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Were there for our 50th wedding anniversary food was excellent, staff outstanding and over all just terrificSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerHorsieDined on 6/12/2014We enjoyed the dinner at your restaurant. We were treating our friends. They also enjoyed the dinner and your server was very good. I like the crab cakes as an appetizer and also the glazed salmon was very good. .Special Features:
- Fresh ExcellenceFFGFDined on 6/11/2014Mitchell's Fish Market time and again is always outstanding food and service. Still at the top of my favorites list!Special Features:
- Great!GreatDined on 6/6/2014My boyfriend and I love Mitchell's! I always choose to go here on our special occasions together, birthday, holidays, whenever we can afford to spend a little extra. However, the specials they have here aren't that bad in price! I usually get whatever the special is so I can have their clam chowder soup! The bread is delicious and I recently tried their calamari appetizer and it was soo good! Love it here! I highly recommend their tenderloins steak dinner!Special Features:
- Seafoodlover1Dined on 6/6/2014We were seated close to the entrance and our area was quite cold...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.