Mitchell's Fish Market - Newport
One Levee Way, Suite 2129
Newport, KY 41071Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Newport
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 8592917454x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Friday- Saturday: 11:30 am - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Erik Hyden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Heather Clarke, General Manager 8592917454x
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Newport
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Mitchell's Fish Market - Newport - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Newport reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (121)special occasion (102)great for outdoor dining (65)fit for foodies (57)good for groups (49)romantic (48)great for lunch (37)neighborhood gem (33)kid-friendly (21)notable wine list (20)hot spot (14)late-night find (11)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- Not PleasedGertrudeDined on 10/21/2014Our server was not knowledgable, nor efficient. Bread was requested, but never delivered. Drinks were slow to be serve even though the restaraunt was not crowed at all. Food was warm at best. Not sure if I will go back nor recommend this restaraunt to any of my friends.
- Superb Waiterrepeatper4manceDined on 10/20/2014Our waiter, Mark, was the definiton of a wait person. Attentive without being overbaring; knowledgeable; funny and very personable.Special Features:
- Customer ServicedanrDined on 10/18/2014Outstanding customer service - booked reservation for two for Sweetest Day and another couple wished to join us - called Mitchell's and Steve was very understanding and cooperative. He explained it may be an additional few minutes from original reservation time. We showed up approximately five minutes late and they were preparing our table per my original request with the scenic view of the Cincinnati Skyline -- didn't expect that since we modified reservation and would have understood if such request could not be honored. The customer service from our waitress was outstanding - not too frequent but effective check in's to monitor our progress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not Greatluv2vacaVIPDined on 10/18/2014Our waitress was very accomodating given our timeframe! I had special (butternut squash ravioli with lobster) that was wonderful but my son's Alfredo sauce was very bland and he said tasted like clam chowder :-). I mentioned to the waitress that he didn't like it and I didn't think it was tasty either. Not sure if it was an 'off' night fo the sauce or what. No offer to replace it though and he didn't eat it at all. I shared my salad with him and he enjoyed the french fries and fruit too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in Cincinnati!EricKateDonDined on 10/18/2014This was our first visit to Cincinnati in years. Fond memories of the Celestial dining on Mt. Adams years ago. But being great fans of the Mitchell restaurants in Columubus, decided to try your Fish Market in Newport. FABULOUS! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVICE FAILUREOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014IN ALL THE YEARS I HAVE BEEN DINING AT MITCHELLS, THIS WOULD QUALIFY HAS THE WORST TIME FOR SERVICE. THE WAIT FOR THE MAIN COURSE WAS AT LEAST 45 MINUTES. I EXPECTED A LITTLE DELAY, BECAUSE OF SWEETIST DAYSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceEddieDined on 10/17/2014This was my first time at Mitchell's and having heard excellent reviews in the past, it lived up our expectations. I would recommend to any seafood loversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slowPenst8rDined on 10/17/2014Typically service at Mitchells is top notch: efficient, and friendly. This visit was quite the exception. Took about 15 minutes for a server to come and get our beverage order. It took longer than usual for the beverages to be served as well as for the entrees to be served. While we were not looking to have a quick bite and leave, it seemed like we were waiting for quite a while between service calls. Perhaps they were understaffed that day (evening of Friday October 17th). Not what I am accustomed to at Mitchell's. Food was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- bvmaceDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed the ambience even though we were seated right by the kitchen. Food was excellent as was the service. Very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Not My FavoriteHunkstirDined on 10/11/2014We were somewhat disappointed with the food. It certainly was not bad but it certainly did not make us leap to our feet to return. The service was excellent and if attending a venue on the Levee it is very convenient.
- Lots of good choicesTerryDined on 10/10/2014I enjoy the variety of high quality seafood at MitchellsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third times a charmCUnextyearDined on 10/5/2014We make a yearly birthday trip to the aquarium and Mitchell's has become part of our tradition. Once again a great dining experience, fabulous food and as always top notch friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night Win!KFrostDined on 10/3/2014Went to dinner after a movie. The service was great, the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindaVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food was good. It was very slow when we arrived. The service was flat. Michele talked to us and it is nice to see her back. She would be wonderful back behind the bar. She is very outgoing and friendly. She ranks up there with Danielle. Wish she was still here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cincinnati favoriteCreteronDined on 9/30/2014Mitchell's has a nice choice of food, options for preparation and very tasty. Atmosphere is great and if you're into eating outdoors, they have a nice view of the Ohio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceGreenhillsDined on 9/27/2014We shared a meal with good friends at the Newport Mitchell's. We were seated at a booth with a beautiful view of the Ohio River. All of our food came in a reasonable amount of time, was perfectly prepared, and at a perfect temperature. The homemade bread is delicious. I love their lobster tails, and they were delicious, as usual. We had creme brulee for a great, light dessert. I loved my Sangria, made with a white wine and full of fresh fruit. Each person who helped us - with our reservation, seated us, took our drink order, and then our server, was friendly and helpful. If you haven't tried either Mitchell's in this area - there is another one north of Cincinnati at the Streets of West Chester - I highly recommend them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartinisanniversaryDined on 9/27/2014Not as good as they were a few years ago. There was no basil garnish or grapefruit in the grapefruit martinit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIMIDined on 9/23/2014We had a great time! Weather was wonderful and outside was very special. Entertaining relatives from Calif. and wanted them to be impressed by "fly over" state and city. They were - as the skyline showed itself beautifully that night. Eating inside is not as special as outside even though we love the food. I cannot imagine why the outside wall facing the Cincinnati skyline is not all floor to ceiling windows so diners can feel the ambiance of outside even though they are inside. Oh Well - the builders didn't ask me so there you have it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful seafood!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014When they say they fly the fish in fresh.. Theres no doubt about it. The scallops and shrimp were perfect and the salmon rocked too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie1foodie1Dined on 9/20/2014Great scenic view of Cincinnati skyline. Good food, great value, excellent waiter.Special Features:
- Dined AlfrescoPenst8rDined on 9/20/2014Was lucky to be seated outside overlooking the Ohio River and the Cincinnati Skyline. Food was excellent and service was attentive and unhurried which allowed us to have a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Request to sit in Michaels section. One of the best waiters I've ever had serve us.
- Having a reservation wasnt helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We had a 7:15 reservation. We waited about 45 minutes at the bar because there were 4 parties ahead of us. Once our name was called, we were told we either had to sit in the bar area, or outside on the patio. (It was about 65 degrees out, no patio heaters. We didn't have jackets) Luckily we weren't in a hurry and the food was really good.Special Features:
- Reservations about reservationsgeovoiceDined on 9/13/2014As always the food was very good - the best seafood restaurant in the area. They have the best lobster bisque and crab cakes. The cerviche is a nice addition (not enough menus include this appetizer). Service is always very good. We frequently dine here for lunch. But, we will not be dinning here in the evening. There were several large parties that elevated the sound level beyond comfortable. Our biggest complaint, however, was with our reservation. If we were 15 to 20 minutes late for our Open Table reservation I would call the restaurant and hope that could accommodate us. Asking us to wait that long while seating people without reservations is not acceptable no matter how long they had been waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Love the view. Ate on the back patio. Don't order the fish with goat cheese unless you like it strong. I don't so kinda ruined it for me. Portions were tiny for the price. Long walk around front to the bathroom.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/13/2014Had a 6:30 reservation and arrived at 6:15 and we were not seated until 6:50. What is the point of a reservation. Food was horrible sent it back 3 times and it still was not right.
- Tablefor2Dined on 9/12/2014Great service, very consistent quality, no rush to "turn the table". Overall great experience for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday night Date NightAlliGDined on 9/11/2014My hubby took me to my favorite restaurant to help de-stress and that is exactly what Mitchell's helped me do. We sat outside to see the view and although it got chilly toward the end, it was quieter (around 7:30-8pm) and romantic. Service was fantastic. I had the tenderloin kabobs with the lobster tail and although the lobster tail got chilly quick, it was all very delicious. The grilled veggies were a great side. I still wish I could get the Lobster Bisque as a soup with the Prix Fixe menu, but the gumbo was still very good. I took my Creme Brulee to go so it didn't hold up too well in the container, but was still the perfect ending to a well needed date night! I hope to be back for my birthday!Special Features:
- Bad Service but Great FoodManuDined on 9/8/2014Bad service all the way through. Waited for 20 mins before anyone even showed up at the table to start. then waited for another 10-15 to even get water.. had to ask for drink order 3 times.. and many many more such things. Sorry but this is the worse service I have ever had including some "experiences" at Waff** Hou** But still food was great!Special Features:
- Would go again...keepitrealDined on 9/7/2014Our experience was great-I gave the food 3 stars due to oversalting and my crabcake was cold. The service was excellent as were the drinks/appetizers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful placeLyndzDined on 9/6/2014Amazing food and atmosphere. The bread was really disappointing! But overall this place is really nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not have been betterEthnicFoodJunkieDined on 9/6/20148 people on a busy Saturday evening. Our host and server were courteous, well trained and professional. Service was consistently attentive; always there when you needed her but never intrusive. Extensive menu. Food was very good, although less exotic than is my wont. Shrimp and mussels appetizers. Six different entrees. All good; no problems. Orders were taken and delivered promptly but without rush. Views of the Ohio River, bridges, ballpark and skyline were excellent. Picture-postcard sunset with great cloud color over the cityscape. Parking ($5) was easy once we found the garage entrance. A ton of interesting shops and buskers in and around the Newport Levee complex that made strolling before and after dinner a nice extra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Fest was greateatoutalotDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed the 2 lobster tail for $21.99 special. This was great value. The view of the river is great, and we walked a little around Newport on the Levy.Special Features:
- Quiet enough to talkhappydinerDined on 9/5/2014Great food, very attentive waiter, nice view & quiet enough to carry on a conversationSpecial Features:
- Wonderful LobstermackmanDined on 9/5/2014Everyone in our party loved their food. The prices were better than we expected for an elegant meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent food, great selection. Portions are large and could be shared. Service was top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!AldevaughnDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I had a great dinner and wonderful view of WEBN Fireworks, with our friends on Sunday. Our service was outstanding. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014I enjoyed my dinner at Mitchell's fish market, however, I have two issues that aren't huge but sort of disappointing. It was my wife's birthday, I did let the restaurant know this but they did not do anything special at all not even complimenting her on her birthday. Second, they advertised that they had $20 bottles of wine on Sunday evenings. When we asked for the list, the waiter told us it was not available because of the fireworks the city was having. They said it was considered a holiday so it wasn't available. They should have noted this on their website I feel. But even though theses two things were disappointing, the meals were excellent.Special Features:
- Our service was excellent!DatenightDined on 8/30/2014We started the evening in the bar while we waited for our reservation time! The coconut pineapple mojitos were delicious! Our server was wonderful! She was there when we needed her but also have us our space to enjoy the conversation! The food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, good foodWineNDineDined on 8/30/2014Hostess took party of 4 to a table with only 3 chairs. We asked to change tables, hostess said that we needed a reservation. We made a reservation a week ahead for a table by the windows. Stood there waiting for a 4th chair. Tried to order white wine, waitress said a cheap white wine from the grocery store was the best one. We ordered lobster tail, server did not bring any drawn butter although other tables had it. Waitress never checked on us after the food was served, lobster was cold by the time we flagged down someone to get butter. Drinks were long gone, done eating before waitress asked if we wanted more. Dirty dishes not properly cleared. Waitress brought us one free dessert to share, too little, too late.