Mitchell's Fish Market - Newport
One Levee Way, Suite 2129
Newport, KY 41071Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Newport
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: (859) 291-7454
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Friday- Saturday: 11:30 am - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Erik Hyden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Heather Clarke, General Manager 8592917454x
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Newport
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Mitchell's Fish Market - Newport - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Newport reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (110)special occasion (98)romantic (54)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (48)great for outdoor dining (46)neighborhood gem (30)great for lunch (26)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (17)hot spot (13)great for brunch (8)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Request to sit in Michaels section. One of the best waiters I've ever had serve us.
- Having a reservation wasnt helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We had a 7:15 reservation. We waited about 45 minutes at the bar because there were 4 parties ahead of us. Once our name was called, we were told we either had to sit in the bar area, or outside on the patio. (It was about 65 degrees out, no patio heaters. We didn't have jackets) Luckily we weren't in a hurry and the food was really good.Special Features:
- Reservations about reservationsgeovoiceDined on 9/13/2014As always the food was very good - the best seafood restaurant in the area. They have the best lobster bisque and crab cakes. The cerviche is a nice addition (not enough menus include this appetizer). Service is always very good. We frequently dine here for lunch. But, we will not be dinning here in the evening. There were several large parties that elevated the sound level beyond comfortable. Our biggest complaint, however, was with our reservation. If we were 15 to 20 minutes late for our Open Table reservation I would call the restaurant and hope that could accommodate us. Asking us to wait that long while seating people without reservations is not acceptable no matter how long they had been waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Love the view. Ate on the back patio. Don't order the fish with goat cheese unless you like it strong. I don't so kinda ruined it for me. Portions were tiny for the price. Long walk around front to the bathroom.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/13/2014Had a 6:30 reservation and arrived at 6:15 and we were not seated until 6:50. What is the point of a reservation. Food was horrible sent it back 3 times and it still was not right.
- Tablefor2Dined on 9/12/2014Great service, very consistent quality, no rush to "turn the table". Overall great experience for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday night Date NightAlliGDined on 9/11/2014My hubby took me to my favorite restaurant to help de-stress and that is exactly what Mitchell's helped me do. We sat outside to see the view and although it got chilly toward the end, it was quieter (around 7:30-8pm) and romantic. Service was fantastic. I had the tenderloin kabobs with the lobster tail and although the lobster tail got chilly quick, it was all very delicious. The grilled veggies were a great side. I still wish I could get the Lobster Bisque as a soup with the Prix Fixe menu, but the gumbo was still very good. I took my Creme Brulee to go so it didn't hold up too well in the container, but was still the perfect ending to a well needed date night! I hope to be back for my birthday!Special Features:
- Bad Service but Great FoodManuDined on 9/8/2014Bad service all the way through. Waited for 20 mins before anyone even showed up at the table to start. then waited for another 10-15 to even get water.. had to ask for drink order 3 times.. and many many more such things. Sorry but this is the worse service I have ever had including some "experiences" at Waff** Hou** But still food was great!Special Features:
- Would go again...keepitrealDined on 9/7/2014Our experience was great-I gave the food 3 stars due to oversalting and my crabcake was cold. The service was excellent as were the drinks/appetizers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful placeLyndzDined on 9/6/2014Amazing food and atmosphere. The bread was really disappointing! But overall this place is really nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not have been betterEthnicFoodJunkieDined on 9/6/20148 people on a busy Saturday evening. Our host and server were courteous, well trained and professional. Service was consistently attentive; always there when you needed her but never intrusive. Extensive menu. Food was very good, although less exotic than is my wont. Shrimp and mussels appetizers. Six different entrees. All good; no problems. Orders were taken and delivered promptly but without rush. Views of the Ohio River, bridges, ballpark and skyline were excellent. Picture-postcard sunset with great cloud color over the cityscape. Parking ($5) was easy once we found the garage entrance. A ton of interesting shops and buskers in and around the Newport Levee complex that made strolling before and after dinner a nice extra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Fest was greateatoutalotDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed the 2 lobster tail for $21.99 special. This was great value. The view of the river is great, and we walked a little around Newport on the Levy.Special Features:
- Quiet enough to talkhappydinerDined on 9/5/2014Great food, very attentive waiter, nice view & quiet enough to carry on a conversationSpecial Features:
- Wonderful LobstermackmanDined on 9/5/2014Everyone in our party loved their food. The prices were better than we expected for an elegant meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent food, great selection. Portions are large and could be shared. Service was top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!AldevaughnDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I had a great dinner and wonderful view of WEBN Fireworks, with our friends on Sunday. Our service was outstanding. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014I enjoyed my dinner at Mitchell's fish market, however, I have two issues that aren't huge but sort of disappointing. It was my wife's birthday, I did let the restaurant know this but they did not do anything special at all not even complimenting her on her birthday. Second, they advertised that they had $20 bottles of wine on Sunday evenings. When we asked for the list, the waiter told us it was not available because of the fireworks the city was having. They said it was considered a holiday so it wasn't available. They should have noted this on their website I feel. But even though theses two things were disappointing, the meals were excellent.Special Features:
- Our service was excellent!DatenightDined on 8/30/2014We started the evening in the bar while we waited for our reservation time! The coconut pineapple mojitos were delicious! Our server was wonderful! She was there when we needed her but also have us our space to enjoy the conversation! The food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, good foodWineNDineDined on 8/30/2014Hostess took party of 4 to a table with only 3 chairs. We asked to change tables, hostess said that we needed a reservation. We made a reservation a week ahead for a table by the windows. Stood there waiting for a 4th chair. Tried to order white wine, waitress said a cheap white wine from the grocery store was the best one. We ordered lobster tail, server did not bring any drawn butter although other tables had it. Waitress never checked on us after the food was served, lobster was cold by the time we flagged down someone to get butter. Drinks were long gone, done eating before waitress asked if we wanted more. Dirty dishes not properly cleared. Waitress brought us one free dessert to share, too little, too late.
- Enjoyable DinnerDMdinesOutDined on 8/30/2014Our evening began with being moved because the booth we were in had been reserved. It was not a problem as our new table had a great skyline view that we had requested when we made the reservation and would not have had except for someone else's request. The manager was very kind and offered us an appetizer for ou trouble. That was nice. Our new server was not not as friendly or as informative as the one at our first table. We probably would have had drinks or wine with dinner but the opportunity to order never occurred as our server disappeared. Plus when we did not want dessert it did not mean we didn't want coffee or after dinner drinks but he turned and left so quickly we did not have the opportunity to order. Food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Thanks for a good table!aranea2577Dined on 8/29/2014It was a nice experience in general. I really like sea bass, that's why I chose your restaurant for my birthday's dinner. The food was good, but sea bass wasn't the best- I had too many fat in my piece. That is just one little disappointment. The service was perfect!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceghostiesinkyVIPDined on 8/28/2014I had a three course meal and it was great!! I had a server named Tony and he was absolutely amazing and I highly recommend him as a server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster!KathyDined on 8/24/2014Went there for lobster tail special and it was good food at a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always - A Great DinnercookformeDined on 8/24/2014Three of us dined on a Sunday evening before catching a movie. Had no trouble making a reservation. We were seated immediately upon arrival. Our server was polite, friendly, and just attentive enough without overdoing it. The BBQ Bacon Wrapped Shrimp were amazing, as was the Spinach Artichoke Crab Dip. We had Broiled Tilapia, Seabass and the Ribeye. All three entrees, plus their sides, were excellent. I have high standards when it comes to quality and preparation and I've never been disappointed by Mitchell's. In a world with no lack of substandard and mediocre dining experiences, Mitchell's is an oasis where consistency and quality are the norm.Special Features:
- PriceyfreddyDined on 8/23/2014The service was good and the overall experinece was good. My girlfriend really enjoyed her food, but mine was just ok. I got a steak (med rare) and it was almost burnt on the outside and didn't have much flavor. I have had better food at way cheaper prices. Also we had side salads, which were good, but for 2 salads it was 15$. I thought that was kinda crazy for a side salad that didn't even fill up the whole bowl. Overall not bad, but not as impressed as i thought i would be.Special Features:
- Wonderful-Wonderful-WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was one of the nicest evenings I spent with my husband in a long time. The food was clearly to die for and tasted just spectacular. I can't wait to return to revisit a seafood place that is charming.Special Features:
- JkellyDined on 8/15/2014Great good. Great service. Great location. Try the seafood Americano or the fruitti di mare with white sauce!! Will not disappoint! Great spot for romance, to impress family, ect. My favorite place in the Cincinnati metro for seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindaVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great time at the bar with Ashley and friends doing a wonderful job taking care of our requests. The Salmon Lobster special was great as were the shrimp tacos. Excellent service and food. Very nice!Special Features:
- Roman LSweettooth14Dined on 8/9/2014We've dined at Mitchell's before. The food and ambiance are always first class, PLUS the waiters / waitresses are friendly, funny, and efficient. We try to hit Mitchell's at least once a year, and we live 125 miles away. That says something for Mitchell's -- just a special restaurant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety of seafoodDiningPairDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed out dinner of fresh seafood on a recent Saturday evening. The fresh sea bass was cooked to perfection and our server, Shianne, recommended that I try it broiled. That was an excellent suggestion and her service was equally outstanding. Our other dinner was scallops. They were cooked to perfection. The side dishes and salad (house) were equally delicious. We dine here regularly and will return again next month. We will request Shianne as our server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service We've Ever HadMludy33VIPDined on 8/9/2014I eat out quite a bit, but our server for the evening, Shianne, takes the cake. She was simply outstanding. She was attentive, bubbly, fun, and never missed a beat. I would go back to Mitchell's and request her again as a server. I've said it before with my friends and I'll say it again; service can make or break your evening, and we had an absolutely fabulous time celebrating my parent's 38th wedding anniversary and we owe about 90% of that to Shianne. On top of that, the food was outstanding and everything else about the meal fell into place perfectly. It was a great night. Thanks Shianne!! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it if you love seafoodRoadWarriorDined on 8/7/2014Went there for my dad's birthday; good variety of seafood choices. The favorite at our table was the shrimp and lobster stuffed cod. Eclectic wine list but also beers and specialist cocktails. Sourdough bread was yummy. Brought my dad a small slice of peanut butter ice cream pie with chocolate graham cracker crust...very good. Waiter was okay and was willing to discuss wine and food pairings until we turned down buying a bottle and went with each person ordering their own glass...then did not see much of him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell's Fish MarketCookieDined on 8/6/2014I hadn't been to Mitchell's since they redecorated. What was once a dark and enclosed place has been opened up and brightened by the new paint and upholstery. the interior does not look like the same place. The food was wonderful and the wait staff was friendly without being cloying. Our server was quite knowledgable about the menu and guided us in the right direction. We arrived early and as the restaurant filled, it seemed a little noisy but the food, ambiance and service was excellent. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star Rating - Awesome MealCCandyDined on 8/4/2014I took eight people to dinner and the drinks, food and desserts which were recommended by the server were all excellent. I did not have one complaint.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Our waitress was a bit quirky but the food was fantastic. Our party of 8 people all loved their meals. We were also running late and the restaurant was very flexible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eats!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We met some friends from out of town there and let them have the view of the city. We were seated promptly and the food and service were very good. I have eaten there many times before and still consider the restaurant one of the best the Greater Cincinnati area has to offer in terms of quality, preparation and price. I'm looking forward to dining there many more times in the future.Special Features:
- Lexington (KY) Adventure ClubAdventureClubDined on 7/31/2014A group of 11 of us ate lunch at Mitchell's on the Newport Levee 7/31/14 and were very delighted. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered and the service was excellent. We had a wide variety of orders and all were very good - we shared!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fooddborlandDined on 7/29/2014Dined here once again and food, service, and price were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeebeeDined on 7/26/2014Good place for fresh fish. Everything was done as ordered. Service was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- The following 1157 reviews are from the Mitchell's Fish Market - Newport reviews archive.
- RonkDined on 7/24/2014Not our first time. Always enjoy our experience.keep up the great work . We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.