Mitchell's Fish Market - Newport
One Levee Way, Suite 2129
Newport, KY 41071Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Newport
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 8592917454x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Friday- Saturday: 11:30 am - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Erik Hyden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Heather Clarke, General Manager 8592917454x
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Newport
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Mitchell's Fish Market - Newport - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Newport reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (127)special occasion (105)great for outdoor dining (76)good for groups (52)fit for foodies (50)romantic (49)great for lunch (47)kid-friendly (30)neighborhood gem (30)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (16)hot spot (15)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (10)Show More
- Lobster!KathyDined on 8/24/2014Went there for lobster tail special and it was good food at a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always - A Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Three of us dined on a Sunday evening before catching a movie. Had no trouble making a reservation. We were seated immediately upon arrival. Our server was polite, friendly, and just attentive enough without overdoing it. The BBQ Bacon Wrapped Shrimp were amazing, as was the Spinach Artichoke Crab Dip. We had Broiled Tilapia, Seabass and the Ribeye. All three entrees, plus their sides, were excellent. I have high standards when it comes to quality and preparation and I've never been disappointed by Mitchell's. In a world with no lack of substandard and mediocre dining experiences, Mitchell's is an oasis where consistency and quality are the norm.Special Features:
- PriceyfreddyDined on 8/23/2014The service was good and the overall experinece was good. My girlfriend really enjoyed her food, but mine was just ok. I got a steak (med rare) and it was almost burnt on the outside and didn't have much flavor. I have had better food at way cheaper prices. Also we had side salads, which were good, but for 2 salads it was 15$. I thought that was kinda crazy for a side salad that didn't even fill up the whole bowl. Overall not bad, but not as impressed as i thought i would be.Special Features:
- Wonderful-Wonderful-WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was one of the nicest evenings I spent with my husband in a long time. The food was clearly to die for and tasted just spectacular. I can't wait to return to revisit a seafood place that is charming.Special Features:
- JkellyDined on 8/15/2014Great good. Great service. Great location. Try the seafood Americano or the fruitti di mare with white sauce!! Will not disappoint! Great spot for romance, to impress family, ect. My favorite place in the Cincinnati metro for seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindaVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great time at the bar with Ashley and friends doing a wonderful job taking care of our requests. The Salmon Lobster special was great as were the shrimp tacos. Excellent service and food. Very nice!Special Features:
- Roman LSweettooth14Dined on 8/9/2014We've dined at Mitchell's before. The food and ambiance are always first class, PLUS the waiters / waitresses are friendly, funny, and efficient. We try to hit Mitchell's at least once a year, and we live 125 miles away. That says something for Mitchell's -- just a special restaurant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety of seafoodDiningPairDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed out dinner of fresh seafood on a recent Saturday evening. The fresh sea bass was cooked to perfection and our server, Shianne, recommended that I try it broiled. That was an excellent suggestion and her service was equally outstanding. Our other dinner was scallops. They were cooked to perfection. The side dishes and salad (house) were equally delicious. We dine here regularly and will return again next month. We will request Shianne as our server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service We've Ever HadMludy33VIPDined on 8/9/2014I eat out quite a bit, but our server for the evening, Shianne, takes the cake. She was simply outstanding. She was attentive, bubbly, fun, and never missed a beat. I would go back to Mitchell's and request her again as a server. I've said it before with my friends and I'll say it again; service can make or break your evening, and we had an absolutely fabulous time celebrating my parent's 38th wedding anniversary and we owe about 90% of that to Shianne. On top of that, the food was outstanding and everything else about the meal fell into place perfectly. It was a great night. Thanks Shianne!! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it if you love seafoodRoadWarriorDined on 8/7/2014Went there for my dad's birthday; good variety of seafood choices. The favorite at our table was the shrimp and lobster stuffed cod. Eclectic wine list but also beers and specialist cocktails. Sourdough bread was yummy. Brought my dad a small slice of peanut butter ice cream pie with chocolate graham cracker crust...very good. Waiter was okay and was willing to discuss wine and food pairings until we turned down buying a bottle and went with each person ordering their own glass...then did not see much of him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell's Fish MarketCookieDined on 8/6/2014I hadn't been to Mitchell's since they redecorated. What was once a dark and enclosed place has been opened up and brightened by the new paint and upholstery. the interior does not look like the same place. The food was wonderful and the wait staff was friendly without being cloying. Our server was quite knowledgable about the menu and guided us in the right direction. We arrived early and as the restaurant filled, it seemed a little noisy but the food, ambiance and service was excellent. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star Rating - Awesome MealCCandyDined on 8/4/2014I took eight people to dinner and the drinks, food and desserts which were recommended by the server were all excellent. I did not have one complaint.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Our waitress was a bit quirky but the food was fantastic. Our party of 8 people all loved their meals. We were also running late and the restaurant was very flexible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eats!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We met some friends from out of town there and let them have the view of the city. We were seated promptly and the food and service were very good. I have eaten there many times before and still consider the restaurant one of the best the Greater Cincinnati area has to offer in terms of quality, preparation and price. I'm looking forward to dining there many more times in the future.Special Features:
- Lexington (KY) Adventure ClubAdventureClubDined on 7/31/2014A group of 11 of us ate lunch at Mitchell's on the Newport Levee 7/31/14 and were very delighted. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered and the service was excellent. We had a wide variety of orders and all were very good - we shared!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fooddborlandDined on 7/29/2014Dined here once again and food, service, and price were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeebeeDined on 7/26/2014Good place for fresh fish. Everything was done as ordered. Service was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- RonkDined on 7/24/2014Not our first time. Always enjoy our experience.keep up the great work . We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceCoolBreezeVIPDined on 7/22/2014This was simply a straight-forward great experience. From the hostess greeting, the wait service, the wine and the meal. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Good food but no wow factorFoodismylifeDined on 7/22/2014I hosted some clients here for dinner on a Tuesday night. While the food overall was good there was little wow factor in the taste and appearance. The service was also bit slow and water for the table was not even offered. I finally had to ask the waitress to bring water to the table. The ambiance was also a bit ordinary and the surface of the tables were sticky. Tablecloths and settings would be a major improvement. I ordered the blackened chilean sea bass for dinner and although the fish had a good appearence the taste was average. I was execting a little more pop for $30. The blackening was also very light on the fish and should have had been coated more and cooked at a higher heat. For the money I paid for dinner I expected more wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a return visitMikeDined on 7/20/2014I truly enjoyed my first visit to Mitchell's Fish Market. All 8 members of my party had only good things to say about their selection, particularly about the freshness of the fish and seafood. We loved the ambience which is reminiscent of a seafood restaurant on the coast - in this case overlooking the Ohio River. At least for us, the cost makes it only a special occasion place to go, but that is probably to be expected for good seafood in an island city. Our waitress could have been a little more knowledgable of the menu when asked for suggestions, but service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Mediocre ServiceArachDined on 7/20/2014Great food, but fairly pricey (around $40/person). Normally at that price you expect good service, but the service was mediocre at best. The server is "unable" to cater to certain needs (like a refill of your water or beverage), and must wait for another person to do this. While other fine dining restaurants go this route, the individuals who can assist with something such as a water refill are readily available. Here it took over 30 minutes to refill our drinks, and 15 minutes of that was AFTER asking our server (since she could not do it herself). The food on the other hand was quite good, exactly what I could have hoped for and well worth it. I would consider going again, but the service was enough to slow us down from rushing back.Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsShrimpyDined on 7/18/2014I reserved a table for my husband and I for our wedding anniversary online and received the email confirmation. I had heard wonderful things about Mitchell's, and wanted to give it a try. the food was outstanding. The shrimp I ordered is the best I have ever had. The quality of food was overshadowed by some issues we had beginning with check in. When I approached the host, I was informed they did not have our reservation, despite my confirmation email and that a rep from the restaurant called to confirm that morning because we have an area code from far away. We waited 20 mins. The server was not efficient. Took a long time to approach our table and to get our check and did not bring any refills. Overall our expectations weren't met.Special Features:
- Cozy patio dateAmyfromohioDined on 7/18/2014We sat outside in the evening rain under the patio cover. Was quiet and quaint. Hostess staff was very professional and called me "Miss", which pretty much never happens, so kudos on the old-fashioned etiquette. I observed bathrooms being attended to and sinks being wiped while I was there. Appreciated the lotion and mouthwash. This was a special occasion date for us, I consider it more expensive than an ordinary restaurant visit. I wouldn't be too quick to bring my kids, but I saw some older kids on their gadgets passing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-great serviceR0e8a9Dined on 7/16/2014The food was great for my dads 82nd birthday. It was a great time for my parents and sibling. Our server was great but the leg nth of time it took our good to be served was slow to say the least. At least we were all adults and had a lot yo talk about. Our kids would have been going crazy but this was our second celebration and it was adults only. We always enjoy Mitchell's and will go back 💙pSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014We had excellent service. The food was wonderful. I had the Alaskan sockeye salmon which was amazing. Also enjoyed the grapefruit & basil cocktail. The carrot cake should have come with a warning about how large it was. The key lime pie was perfect.Special Features:
- special ocasionAnniversaryDined on 7/15/2014Decided to try out a new restaurant for our anniversary and found it to be quite enjoyable with commendable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014It was my birthday and we showed up on Lobster night! couldn't have been happier! Everyone in my party ordered the special plus soup or salad and drinks! Our waitress was wonderful! They acknowleged my birthday and gave me a nice dessert!! Was so good and so special. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very niceGreatplaceDined on 7/12/2014It was our anniversary. We enjoyed it very much. We are looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh varied menu itemsOmnivoreDined on 7/11/2014I must give the restaurant credit for having one of the most varied seafood menu offerings in the Cincinnati area. The ambience is typical of most chain steak houses and has a comparable noise level. The seafood is fresh and is properly cooked to a moist flaky texture. Sauce options are appetizing. I highly recommend the Chilean sea bass, Salmon, and the ceviche.Special Features:
- not the same quality as columbus.TollivertheCriticDined on 7/9/2014Food was not nearly as good as columbus. Calamari was way to large making it chewy. and the lobster was over cooked making it tough and not worth the hassle. Mashed red potatoes were way too chunky for my preference. they even had a mistake on the gluten free menu which could be a huge problem to some one that is allergic.
- KALmanDined on 7/5/2014On-line reservation at the end of the ball game. No wait for seating, excellent service and food.Special Features:
- Wonderful findGoodServiceDined on 7/4/2014High attention to adult needs with both service and quality of the menu items. Elegant proportions and dedicated service.Special Features:
- Group of 10 perfectly satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014We decided to try to get reservations in the day of Fourth of July since there would be a fireworks show on the river that evening. So we booked the reservation for 10 people including children. When we arrived we they were actually able to sit us 5 minutes before our reservation. We were very satisfied with the whole experience. The food was just perfect the service was very good although it didn't have the over though the top, make you feel like you were at a five star restaurant feel like I was expecting, but nevertheless very good. They actually had a couple specials on the menu that were extremely reasonably priced, lobster or crab legs for $20. And they were both excellent. Overall everyone in our group was happy and we'll go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family25Dined on 7/4/2014The Eaves/Bennett family gathered at Mitchell' Fish Market for a late night dinner on the 4th of July. Dinner was superb and the view of the fireworks was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyJoshDined on 7/1/2014Made a reservation for a Birthday thinking it would be a higher class restaurant than Red Lobster with a nice view of the river. Paid the money for the higher class... but was sorely disappointed. After ordering and waiting for about 25 minutes we received our food. The scallops I ordered were about room temperature (cold by the time I was half-way through the meal) and the vegetables seemed to be microwave quality. My girlfriend then discovered a hair in the middle of her vegetables after lifting a piece with her fork (meaning hers could not have fell in it) and the manager was notified. She was brought new vegetables 10-15 minutes later, but no discount was even offered as we received the bill of the full $51. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- DisappointedBigEaterDined on 6/29/2014Previous visits have been great. This trip service was excellent. Drinks watery and filet (beef) tough. Whole lobster just so-so.Special Features:
- Beautiful oystersJennPoDined on 6/29/2014My Sunday birthday, the view with the sun setting, excellent champers, lobster, family...perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindaVIPDined on 6/28/2014Very nice service by Jesse in the bar. The food was much better than the last several trips there. Problems in the kitchen must have been resolved. All the servers were friendly and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itgeorge28Dined on 6/28/2014Love going to Mitchell's, primarily on special occasions or whenever we go to Newport on the Levee. The food is always good, and the sweet tea is great too. The best option they offer is the ability to book reservations and also online. Not many places are as accomodating and get you right in with the reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.