Mitchell's Fish Market - Louisville
4031 Summit Plaza
Louisville, KY 40241Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Louisville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: (502) 412-1818
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ed Nolan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Hap Cohan GM 5024121818
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Louisville
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mitchell's Fish Market - Louisville reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (42)good for groups (32)romantic (24)great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (19)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (10)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- JustnotthatgoodDined on 11/10/2014I had the stuffed cod, which wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. Too much lemon citrus flavor in the lemon butter they put on it. My wife had the tilapia and seafood gumbo which she classified as tasting fishy. The service was great but the food was not as good as advertised.
- Not bad for a chainBrunchedatProofDined on 11/3/2014Good is how I describe Mitchells. Attentive service. Louisville does not have any local or really good fish restaurants in the Springhurst area, so Mitchells fills the bill. The food is good. Nothing remarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gypsygirlDined on 11/1/2014Loved it- dinner was excellent! Waiter did a wonderful job-very efficient. Didn't especially like the lobster bisque, but clam chowder was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fresh seafoodBostonfoodieDined on 11/1/2014Whenever we come to Mtichell's, the seafood is fresh & well prepared. We both had fall specials consisting of a wonderful clam chowder & dishes containing three types of seafood. My crab cake & scallops were delicious as were my husband's choices of scallops & lobster. We both had shrimp & although tasty, they were a bit small. We were only mildly disappointed though. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- GreatGreatDined on 10/31/2014Mitchell's does not disappoint. Food and service excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TEMPERATUREPeggyVIPDined on 10/31/2014THE PLACE IS ALWAYS FREEZING...SUMMER AND WINTER WHILE THE FOOD IS EXCELLENT , I FIND IT PRICEY THE HAPPY HOUR IS EXCELLENT AND FUN AND THE BAR AREA IS NO WHERE NEAR AS COLD AS MAIN AREASpecial Features:
- Our favorite restaurantWillBbackDined on 10/25/2014Mitchell's Louisville is our favorite. Good location in the east end, great seafood and service. Wine selection is very good. We love the Shang Hai sampler with ginger and ponzu sauce! Have also enjoyed the crabcakes. Celebrated with groups and enjoyed with only two people many times. Best seafood in Louisville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh FishPollyDined on 10/14/2014This is a great place to eat if you want to be able to pick the way your fish is prepared. In addition to their specialty items - you can have several types of fish preapred baked, broiled, pan fired, balckened, jamaican jerked, Shang Hai style, Hoisen BBQ, ginger and cedar planked. Vegetable choices are not anything to dance about - but the fish more than makes up for it. Prices vary depending upon the fish and the season but are reasonable for Louisville area. Carrot cake for dessert must weight a pound and can take two people days to finish it - so take it home for a treat later.Special Features:
- Great experiencewaf4lunchDined on 10/11/2014Very accommodating with food preparation options. Meal was very tasty and portions were adequate. Nice décor and ambiance.Special Features:
- Best seafood in the East EndOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014We went to Mitchell's for our anniversary. I made reservation on-line and got the hour I wanted-Thank-you. We ordered BBQ shrimp for an appetizer and it was delicious. I had the cold water lobster tail that was excellent. My spouse ordered the halibut. The portion was a bit smaller than we thought and that was disappointing. We shared the Shark Fin pie for dessert which was awesome but next time we will order the smaller portion. It was a very big slice of ice cream pie. It was a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bless momentFiloDined on 10/3/2014Eating here is a pleasure. Good food , good wine, good attention and a quiet environment in other words is a ritual for me, my husband, family and friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first disappointment here.DeraldDined on 10/3/2014Our server was completely overwhelmed even though we only had a party of four. A nice young man with his heart in it but who was clearly overmatched for a Friday evening crowd. My guess is he may new in his position and not experienced enough to handle the demands of a weekend dinner crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday night dinnercfoodloverDined on 9/28/2014my husband and I went to dinner on sunday nite and the food, service was great!!!. We love fresh seafood and we were not disappointed. the soup and salad were great too as was the carrott cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Easy to book reservations. Quickly seated. Well attended to by the wait staff. The Halibut was moist and the special baked parmesan preparation was definitely worth the extra dollar :) My wife had scallops, lobster and shrimp; all prepared simply, but cooked perfectly. Asparagus was appropriate cooked, not overcooked like a lot of places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBottomofthepotriceDined on 9/27/2014After hearing how "good" the food and service were supposed to be, my wife and I thought it was time to try this place. And it will be the only time... We both ordered or seafood Shang Hai style, which includes rice. My wife's rice comes out rock hard as does part of mine. After telling the waiter, his response is "oh... sometimes that happens when we scrap the rice from the bottom of the pot... I guess we can replate it for you". Wow, are you kidding me? For the price of the food, the kitchen can't prepare fresh rice?? Forget getting the fish wrong. For a couple who has had plenty of seafood, this was honestly the poorest quality we've had. Naybe they depend on their extensuve wine list to cover up their horrific cooking.Special Features:
- Great Seafoodl2sfbfowDined on 9/18/2014I needed a place for dinner on my own while traveling. My hotel staff recommended Mitchell's and I was not disappointed. Staff was friendly and took extra time to explain the menu and just be sociable. The food was good and pretty reasonably priced. I'd definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daddy-Daughter Date NightTheAltensDined on 9/13/2014The service flat out rocked. Food was good, nothing exceptional, but met my expectations. My daughters, who are a little leary of seafood, both tried a dish they had never had before and were delighted. Overall a nice place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Food is always delicious, service was excellent and love the atmosphere. Enjoyed a wonderful evening with great food, drinks and friends!Special Features:
- Great menuJohnGDined on 9/11/2014Meal was good but soup was not hot. Nice wine list.Special Features:
- Great job Mitchell'sFoodmomDined on 9/5/2014UWe went for my Parent's 50th anniversary and they took very good care of us. They made sure the kids' meals came early so we avoided unpleasant yelling, the food was great, pace was consistent, they even custom printed menus for them.we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great fishPeggyVIPDined on 8/30/2014The waitstaff is outstanding the the managers always come by and say hello and check to be sure everything is going well. The food and service is always excellent. .It is still the coldest place ..I'd hate to pay hteir AC billSpecial Features:
- Great lobstergm123Dined on 8/25/2014The two lobster tail special along with the tomatoe/blue cheese salad was a superb dinner at a moderate priceSpecial Features:
- Dinner was outstanding as always.BeachlifelbkDined on 8/23/2014Great setting, great service, great food as always,Special Features:
- tellitlikeitisVIPDined on 8/23/2014Late seating even after reservation. No service after seated, had to seek out a waiter. Portion size ridiculously small (3 bite entre). Side of green beans and carrots was not cooked, raw and dry.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the "under $30" three course special - very well prepared and more than I could eat!Special Features:
- Lexington to LouisvillePhiladelphiaDined on 8/23/2014The two of us shared the crab dip as an appetizer it was more than adequate. The salmon was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Atlantic SalmonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014My salmon dinner was very dry and I thought that the lemon flavor season salmon at lunch time tasted much better than the dinner one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and spotty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The noise level in the restaurant was very high, made worse by the fact that our table was literally right in front of the kitchen expo line. The server, while efficient in the beginning began to slow down throughout the meal, dropping the check very quickly and then disappearing for 10 minutes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchellsmaxmania8Dined on 8/11/2014Food was great but service was terrible mostly due to the waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewShabamm111Dined on 8/9/2014I really like how the seafood is fresh, but how it is cooked is not appealing. Overall, I enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in town!!CecyVIPDined on 8/5/2014Seabass is to die for!! Management is very attentive to customer's wishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmileyDined on 8/5/2014I have always had a great experience with Mitchell's. It is my goto place whenever I have people in from out of town. There has never been any complaints.Special Features:
- Consistent - Good-great foodDANnyVIPDined on 8/4/2014Great Food quality and taste. Good recommendations from server for wine and appetizer. Brought two clients they thoroughly enjoyed the meal
- great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014It was a pleasure to have Katie as our server,,,,a very pleasant, efficient and friendly personSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lobsterLouFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014We were in the mood for lobster and the food was terrific. Our server, however, was pleasant but slow and neglectful. Long wait for wine. Long wait for the entree. Even longer wait for the check.
- Poor ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Did not meet our expectations in terms of quality or quantity. Meat was overcooked and lobster was dry. Portions were quite small. Also, we were overcharged on the check. I caught the extra charge and it was corrected.
- Loved itGKCPDined on 8/1/2014It is at least an hour drive from home to Mitchell's so this is our special occasion place. The food and service are outrageously good. The Shark Fin pie is worth the trip in itself. Add the great seafood and the trip is so worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellent seafood choicesPeggyVIPDined on 7/27/2014The menu is wonderful and always prepared perfectly wait staff also very good HOWEVER, the wine is expensive and my glass of pinot noir was small and awful...Special Features:
- MehJordanDined on 7/27/2014Previous experience at this Mitchell's outlet was exceptional, with enthusiastic servers guiding us to creative menu choices. I even scheduled board meeting and service group meetings there. This experience, though, soured me on Mitchell's forever. We arrived 10mins early for our Sunday afternoon reservation. The restaurant was practically EMPTY, but the hostess seated us right next to the kitchen. With dismay, I asked her if that was necessary, but she had already spun around, ignoring me. It was HOT next to the kitchen, and the noise level increased the stress level. The server was sullen and un-helpful, and then got my dining companion's order wrong. The food was JUST OKAY. When we left, we didn't feel like we had gotten a $100 meal.
- Solid and PredictableNagzVIPDined on 7/26/2014Service left a lot to be desired. It was ten minutes before we were greeted by our waitress, and another ten minutes before she arrived to take our order. Food was average to good. Great place to go if you live in the area, or are in the area shopping.Special Features: