Mitchell's Fish Market - Louisville
4031 Summit Plaza
Louisville, KY 40241Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Louisville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 5024121818
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ed Nolan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Hap Cohan GM 5024121818
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Louisville
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mitchell's Fish Market - Louisville reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (39)great for outdoor dining (34)great for lunch (34)romantic (31)kid-friendly (18)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- Always great fishPeggyVIPDined on 8/30/2014The waitstaff is outstanding the the managers always come by and say hello and check to be sure everything is going well. The food and service is always excellent. .It is still the coldest place ..I'd hate to pay hteir AC billSpecial Features:
- Great lobstergm123Dined on 8/25/2014The two lobster tail special along with the tomatoe/blue cheese salad was a superb dinner at a moderate priceSpecial Features:
- Dinner was outstanding as always.BeachlifelbkDined on 8/23/2014Great setting, great service, great food as always,Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014Late seating even after reservation. No service after seated, had to seek out a waiter. Portion size ridiculously small (3 bite entre). Side of green beans and carrots was not cooked, raw and dry.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the "under $30" three course special - very well prepared and more than I could eat!Special Features:
- Lexington to LouisvillePhiladelphiaDined on 8/23/2014The two of us shared the crab dip as an appetizer it was more than adequate. The salmon was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Atlantic SalmonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014My salmon dinner was very dry and I thought that the lemon flavor season salmon at lunch time tasted much better than the dinner one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and spotty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The noise level in the restaurant was very high, made worse by the fact that our table was literally right in front of the kitchen expo line. The server, while efficient in the beginning began to slow down throughout the meal, dropping the check very quickly and then disappearing for 10 minutes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchellsmaxmania8Dined on 8/11/2014Food was great but service was terrible mostly due to the waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewShabamm111Dined on 8/9/2014I really like how the seafood is fresh, but how it is cooked is not appealing. Overall, I enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in town!!CecyVIPDined on 8/5/2014Seabass is to die for!! Management is very attentive to customer's wishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmileyDined on 8/5/2014I have always had a great experience with Mitchell's. It is my goto place whenever I have people in from out of town. There has never been any complaints.Special Features:
- Consistent - Good-great foodDANnyVIPDined on 8/4/2014Great Food quality and taste. Good recommendations from server for wine and appetizer. Brought two clients they thoroughly enjoyed the meal
- great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014It was a pleasure to have Katie as our server,,,,a very pleasant, efficient and friendly personSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lobsterLouFoodieDined on 8/2/2014We were in the mood for lobster and the food was terrific. Our server, however, was pleasant but slow and neglectful. Long wait for wine. Long wait for the entree. Even longer wait for the check.
- Poor ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Did not meet our expectations in terms of quality or quantity. Meat was overcooked and lobster was dry. Portions were quite small. Also, we were overcharged on the check. I caught the extra charge and it was corrected.
- Loved itGKCPDined on 8/1/2014It is at least an hour drive from home to Mitchell's so this is our special occasion place. The food and service are outrageously good. The Shark Fin pie is worth the trip in itself. Add the great seafood and the trip is so worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellent seafood choicesPeggyVIPDined on 7/27/2014The menu is wonderful and always prepared perfectly wait staff also very good HOWEVER, the wine is expensive and my glass of pinot noir was small and awful...Special Features:
- MehJordanDined on 7/27/2014Previous experience at this Mitchell's outlet was exceptional, with enthusiastic servers guiding us to creative menu choices. I even scheduled board meeting and service group meetings there. This experience, though, soured me on Mitchell's forever. We arrived 10mins early for our Sunday afternoon reservation. The restaurant was practically EMPTY, but the hostess seated us right next to the kitchen. With dismay, I asked her if that was necessary, but she had already spun around, ignoring me. It was HOT next to the kitchen, and the noise level increased the stress level. The server was sullen and un-helpful, and then got my dining companion's order wrong. The food was JUST OKAY. When we left, we didn't feel like we had gotten a $100 meal.
- Solid and PredictableNagzVIPDined on 7/26/2014Service left a lot to be desired. It was ten minutes before we were greeted by our waitress, and another ten minutes before she arrived to take our order. Food was average to good. Great place to go if you live in the area, or are in the area shopping.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerNanaDined on 7/26/2014The food was delicious as always, but for an anniversary dinner it was a little too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerFunFoodDined on 7/26/2014After dining here on the patio in June ( my first visit), I knew I wanted to come back for my birthday dinner. The food and service were excellent We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Service was excellent. Food exceptional as I am used to . Always a treat!Special Features:
- MichelleShellyDined on 7/25/2014The place was beautiful...love the low lighting....the food was really good....service also...went there for our 28th wedding ANNIVERSERY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish not freshPappyDined on 7/24/2014Had the Maui Maui and it was not fresh. Not good at all. Didn't have time to send it back so I didn't eat it.
- Good foodDes53VIPDined on 7/21/2014Seafood in the Midwest , very good food! Wish we had one in Columbus,IndianaSpecial Features:
- Amazing as alwaysRAWilsonDined on 7/20/2014Never disappoint. I absolutely love the food. I don't care what it is. Everything on the menu is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner enjoyableKyRoamerDined on 7/19/2014At dinner you can order lunch portions of most fish. Great buy. Our party of four enjoyed dinner. Wish it had been Monday when the lobster tail special was on. They had a Saturday special three course two tail deal for $29.95 which was close to the $19.95 ala carte Monday pricing.Special Features:
- See below for my comments.HollywoodDined on 7/18/2014This was one of the best meals we have had. New server but very good, courteous. The problem with Mitchell's is the lack of professionalism of the at staff. They are not courteous and not even friendly. They talk among themselves versus dealing with customers. I will go back but will not sit in the bar or have a drink at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatElizabethVIPDined on 7/16/2014Reliable food and service. My favorite is any fish with the Shanghai sauce. Yum !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelaseasiderDined on 7/16/2014Being a New Englander, I was pleased to have discovered Mitchell's Fish Market. I love being able to eat fresh seafood that is prepared well with a great presentation. I have never had any meal (brunch, lunch, or dinner) that was not excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!KMac033Dined on 7/12/2014Our server, Katie, was awesome! They recently changed their menu providing more ways to prepare the fresh fish and it was a great change.Special Features:
- ExperiencedDinerDined on 7/12/2014Great tasting food. Service was excellent! Enjoyed the outdoor seating for summer's evening.Special Features:
- Delicious and great serviceOutoftownDinersDined on 7/10/2014We arrived early and were seated right away. Dzemila was our server and did an excellent job helping us choose awesome options. I thought the drinks were overpriced but otherwise delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedAutumnVIPDined on 7/9/2014My daughter and I had lunch at Mitchell's on Wednesday. We chose to eat outside. First of all, I was so disappointed in the new menu. We always loved the shrimp tacos and according to our server, Clayton, "corporate" took them off the menu. So, that started out our experience on a bad note. The service was terrible. He seemed flustered and had too many tables. By the time he finally got around to bringing ketchup for my daughters burger, it was cold. I've always enjoyed the food and the service but with the new menu and lack of service, I will not be back!
- always goodLookingforagoodthingDined on 7/5/2014The caesar salad was one of the best I've had. They produce consistently excellent meals. We return again and again. It is heartening to find a place that tries to do things right and puts real thought into their product.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood and service!RobbDined on 7/4/2014Great seafood and really good service. Enjoyed a last-minute Fourth of July dinner out and was surprised with some great specials on lobster and King crab legs. Mitchell's servers are always very kind and attentive and take great care to make sure we have a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedLovestodineVIPDined on 6/28/2014Was a frequent customer of Mitchell's till recently. Last 2 visits I have cold undercooked unseasoned vegetables and with most recent visit very soggy lobster tails. A great expensive disappointment.
- Mitchell's FishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014The noise level was too high for my taste. My food was not even tepid. The cedar plank was not even close to warm.
- The island jerk salmon is perfect.Atf2929Dined on 6/28/2014I ordered the island Jerk Style salmon at lunch the other day, it has an absolutely delicious marinade/sauce on the salmon and is also topped with mango which just makes it even better. the black beans and rice that come with it have immense flavor. all in all, the dish was unbelievably good for only about $12.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.