Mitchell's Fish Market - Livonia
17600 Haggerty Road
Livonia, MI 48152Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Livonia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 7344643663
- Hours of Operation:
Mitchell's Fish Market is open daily for lunch and dinner. Our menu is printed twice daily to reflect our obsession with fresh seafood. Mitchell's Fish Market is open for lunch, Monday through Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We are open for dinner Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Sunday from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Tony Bellanca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Vince Lopez 7344643663
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Livonia
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mitchell's Fish Market - Livonia - Best Restaurants in Livonia ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Livonia reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (145)good for groups (82)fit for foodies (78)neighborhood gem (64)great for lunch (47)great for outdoor dining (41)romantic (35)notable wine list (25)kid-friendly (23)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (15)late-night find (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Delicious!LovetoTravelDined on 9/19/2014Nicely prepared and presented food. The atmosphere is upscaleSpecial Features:
- Very good food, not for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Went here with my girlfriend and we thought the food was very good, but a little overpriced. My seafood trio had the smallest scallops I had ever seen On a positive note the service was very professional and they were prompt with our requestsSpecial Features:
- nice evningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014The prime beef cut was a little chewy but had terrific flavor and was prepared perfectly medium rare. Lobster tail was wonderful. Loved the seviche and the blackberyy margarita at the bar prior to dinner. Nice birthday evening for my husband.Special Features:
- Good experienceJeriVIPDined on 9/18/2014good food and atmosphere and service -- be nice to turn down the noise just hair for us oldies though.Special Features:
- First timerslovetoeatVIPDined on 9/17/2014This was our first time eating here for dinner (had been to lunch before). I had the shanghi shrimp and it was delicious. My husband had the fruitti de mare (alfredo sauce) and the portion was very large and tasty. Laura, our waitress, was efficient but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sea bass dinnerdaviderhartDined on 9/16/2014Delicious sea bass dinner. Large portion and cooked perfectly. The martinis were also good. I'll be back when im in town again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 out of 10DeraedtMADined on 9/15/2014Our dining experience was amazing! Our server Angela went above and beyond to make out night special for our 2 year anniversary. The food was very well prepared and presentation was well done. We look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/2014Early dinner after work. Food was great as always and service was great.Special Features:
- I will be back!AtheavenlyDined on 9/15/2014This was my first time visiting your restaurant and I was unsure of what I might experience since I am allergic to fish. I was my friends birthday and you restaurant was her lunch choice. I was pleasantly surprised at your lunch and appetizer choices which were delicious! The service was awesome too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Food and service were was excellent. Their specials are great values. As usual, too noisy.Special Features:
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I dine here for special occasions. We have never had a bad meal and the service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Freshest fish!Zee02Dined on 9/13/2014They have the best freshest fish in town! Amazing service and amazing dessert too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and Service!!!JimSDined on 9/11/2014If you want high quality food and exceptional service, go to Mitchell's Seafood Market! It tends to be a little cool in the dining room, so dress appropriately. The waiting staff is top notch---very knowledgeable and courteous.Special Features:
- Italy inspired 4 course mealkeepmehappyDined on 9/10/2014The meal was awesome in all aspects, but what I didn't like was when I made my reservations for it yet was nothing in the website to show that's specificly came for and I was drafted in the regular dining area instead of the private dining area asking speaking e with management this error was corrected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful exp.Bday4bashDined on 9/6/2014We would definately make a return visit. The food was wonderful, service great and very accomadating to our infant granddaughter. We had lobster tails, tuna and steak dishes, all were great. The spicy shrimp appetizer was the best! Good value for our meal.Special Features:
- Variety and Gluten Free TooconductorDined on 9/5/2014The menu offers a nice variety of foods, mostly sea food as you would expect. They have one of the best Gluten Free options of any restaurant in the area as well. We've eaten at several of the Mitchel's and have never had a poor meal. Always meets expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvseafoodDined on 9/2/2014The food was excellent. It was fresh, well prepared and served hotSpecial Features:
- Great place to eat!Dee1Dined on 9/1/2014I recommend for a fine dining experience. Great food, atmosphere and customer service.Special Features:
- Peggy Nsatisfieddiner123Dined on 9/1/2014We love Mitchells's Fish Market, it is a favorite of ours. We have enjoyed a delicious, perfectly prepared meal every time. I love the salmon and I usually order it blackened. I would take out of town guests and we always go for our anniversary as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fineilikefoodDined on 8/30/2014Our waiter was so nice and the food was "good"; nothing to write home about, but tasted good. However, there were just details lacking. We never got water, until right before the check came. The wrong appetizer came out (which they corrected, but it was just one of those little things...had to wait for the right one, and I was starving!), the salad we ordered to split came out after our meals had arrived (again, we chose to keep it and nibble on it, but, a detail missed again...) the food was all good, but nothing that made you say "WOW! That's amazing!!!" The desserts were enormous; 7 layer carrot cake and an ice cream pie that was probably 7 inches tall...those were "wow" moments and the few bites we ate were tasty. So, good, not great
- Special OccasionCaBoDined on 8/30/2014A first date 9 years ago. Moved very far and came back for a special occasion with family. Guests had steaks that they said were the best they've had. Husband and I had salmon, scallops, and shrimp in a delectable hoisin sauce. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tomato blue chesse saladMorpheus52Dined on 8/30/2014I hate when restaurants do not put all the ingrediants on a menu item,such as your tomatoe blue cheese spinach salad.I do not like onions,so you can imagine my initial anger when i see a plate full of onions mixed in to my spinach,which for me made the spinach uneatable.I come to your restaurant about every two weeks,so its not that i wont return-i usually love your food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedJoFoodieDined on 8/29/2014We made reservations for my wife's 34th birthday. We arrived in time and the restaurant was packed. We were clearly over dressed as a lot of people were there with kids and in casual attire. We were stuffed in a back corner table and it was so loud in that place that my wife wanted to leave as soon as we entered the dining room. While the food was delicious the vegetable portions were tiny and left us a bit hungry as we prefer not to stuff ourselves with rice and potatoes. I would likely order their catch of the day as a carry out but I'd prefer not to dine in at this place as the atmosphere was more like TGI Fridays on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Be Voted Best Calamari in TownHalleDined on 8/28/2014Always start with the calamari. It is the very best in taste and presentation. As always, the wait staff was very friendly and personable. Although, my other table guest enjoyed their meals, I was disappointed that the shrimp scampi capellini was served in a lemon butter sauce and not the garlic, butter, and tabasco featured on the menu...not fond of lemon on my seafood. I regret not exchanging it for another entree. Was pleased, however, with the creme brûlée and the infamous carrot cake. There was a very large party in attendance, so the service was not as prompt and attentive as it had been on previous visits. Had to request additional drinks and the removal of used dishes on the table. Otherwise, another pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sea bass to die forlionsfan86Dined on 8/27/2014Cedar plank grilled to perfection...great wine, not rushed and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobsterloverDined on 8/25/2014Had the twin lobster tails - they were great. Not many places offer lobster tails - it is usually just one tail. The last time we were there I got one tail and it was not tender. This time they both were. Special price was good. We will be there every time they have this offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've found our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating our 13th Wedding Anniversary and decided to try Mitchell's Fish Market in Livonia. We made reservations online dropped off our 7 kids and headed Mitchell's. We were promptly seated upon arrival and John our waiter welcomed us to the restaurant, explained the menu in great detail and made excellent suggestions. The food was so good that my wife said it almost brought tears to her eyes. My wife had a crab cake and I had fried calamari as an appetizer. I had the Chilean sea bass Shang Hai style and my wife had the lobster tails (all of which John suggested) as the main course. The food was perfectly seasoned and exceptionally prepared we had a great dining experience, I think we've found our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Logan was greatfish6Dined on 8/23/2014We were there s a family, for a special occasion and were hoping for a leisurely dinner. Logan was outstanding and we did not feel rushed. The food was great, the cocktails were great and we had a wonderful time. Loved watching my son try oysters on the half shell for the first time. He is hooked. We will be back!Special Features:
- Nice place to celebrate!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Service was good, not great. Gumbo too salty; clam chowder was very good. Lobster was good, smashed potatoes and asparagus were very good. Oysters on the half-shell wonderful!Special Features:
- Great FindFinedineDined on 8/21/2014Mitchell's Fish Market is the best restaurant I've eaten at in a long time. I randomly picked Mitchell's for my wedding anniversary dinner. This is now my favorite place to eat. The fish was fresh and tender. I could even pick my own fillets. My waitress was awesome and never missed a beat. I recommend everyone should visit Mitchell's fish market for any occasion.Special Features:
- cfoodloverDined on 8/21/2014The lobster tails were delicious as always!! The service was great!! I will definitely be back soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not friendlytiffDined on 8/20/2014The hostess and manager were rude, very unfriendly dealing with my reservations, i failed to put in reservations that two 6mos old infants would be joining me. Staff was rude acting like they didnt want to seat me cuz i had more ppl than reservation stated. Not happy with their attitude..may not visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFoodie4oneDined on 8/20/2014This is my second visit and I am still impressed. This time I ordered the lobster tails and they were cooked to perfection with the perfect sweet flavor I love. Veggies were crunchy:0) Will be back soon.Special Features:
- Unusually crowded eveningPhoebz11Dined on 8/20/2014The restaurant was packed versus former occasions when we had visited. The volume was LOUD. The manager recognized the situation and took care of our dessert bill.Special Features:
- Tried it again, and we liked it!VE55007VIPDined on 8/19/2014We had what I would call the final straw back in March, and I vowed I wouldn't return to Mitchell's again. But I truly missed Mitchell's . So we came back we had a wonderful dinner everything was per paired as ordered, and nothing had to be sent back. We did notice the you took the baked potatoes off the menu, good idea (never hot or even warm) Hopefully this will be once again our two to three times a month dinner place, as it was once before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adsfadadfaDined on 8/16/2014Food no better than much cheaper restaurants. I feel ripped off. I could have gone to Bahama Breeze, had slightly better meal and paid only half what I did at Mitchells.Special Features:
- FoodLaurieDined on 8/16/2014Service was awesome! My husband and I had Filets. Order med. rare. The came out very medium to well. The manager did credit us for one and was very nice about it. He did offer a new one, but it was ok. Everything else was wonderful! thank you. The reservation worked great.Special Features:
- Great fish menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Had simple fish and chips and sat outside, a little noisy from road. Quick service. Fish was good inside but too cover did not taste. Fries had nice flavor. It's probably better to take different fish selection. Overall quite good.
- A Great Dining ExperienceJeff5333Dined on 8/15/2014My first time visiting Mitchell's in Livonia. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of all of the employees. The service there was outstanding. I had the swordfish and it was delicious. The carrot cake is amazing. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone and will definitely be a return patron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Your Mitchell's House salad was awful. The lettuce was old iceberg with brown all through it and not enough pine nuts and the dressing was runny and not what I've had before. Very disappointing. I can't believe you'd charge $6.99 for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.