Mitchell's Fish Market - Lansing
2975 Preyde Blvd.
Lansing, MI 48912Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Lansing
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 5174823474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ryan Weirenga
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today! Mitchell's Fish Market at Eastwood Towne Center features two private dining rooms; the Captain's Quarters, which can accommodate 16 guests, and the Stern built for larger parties up to 36 guests. Both rooms are AV capable.
- Private Party Contact: Corinne Berrett 5174823474
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Lansing
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mitchell's Fish Market - Lansing - Best Restaurants in Lansing ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Lansing reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (40)great for lunch (33)romantic (33)great for outdoor dining (29)neighborhood gem (26)kid-friendly (19)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (19)hot spot (13)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- GreatSeminoleDined on 8/30/2014As usual, everything was great. Food was outstanding and service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great seafoodGourmettaDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I love Mitchell's. We frequently combine dinner with a movie at Eastwood. We also use it for special occasions. Our recent visit was prompted by the current "twin lobster tails" special at $21.99. It was even better in July at $19.95. Overall, the food is delicious, the service excellent, and the ambiance cozy and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!AndyDined on 8/27/2014Muscles and oysters were fair, the sea bass was delicious. Would most likely return. We are at the bar Where watching the regular happy hour crowd provided much amusement!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014This was our third visit to Mitchell's and the food was excellent. There were six of us and we all enjoyed our meals, with plenty of sharing. The carrot cake was the perfect finish!Special Features:
- 2nd Time DiningmichkatDined on 8/23/2014This is my 2nd time dining here and both times the service was great and the food fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell"s is a great place to go!Mitchells82214Dined on 8/22/2014Took my wife to Mitchell's Fish Market on a friends recommendation, and glad I did! Staff there was super attentive even while being very busy. Make a reservation is the easiest way to walk in and get seated; its that busy! Wife and I celebrated an anniversary and had a great experience. Wife had the Alaskian King Crab legs, and they were HUGE! I had the special of 9oz sirloin and a lobster tail. Steak was cooked to over my medium request and was sent back, but was very prompt. Lobster Tail was delicious! Due to my steak not being cook right, the manager comped my steak and lobster which was $30 just like that. Staff was happy to serve and did a great job showing how to take care of the customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinneramg4foodVIPDined on 8/20/2014We had the cedar planked salmon & sea bass. Both were excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Our server was excellent! Very attentive with a charming personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT CHOICEFISHFRIENDLYDined on 8/11/2014spectacular dining…scrumptious fish…wonderful variety…attentive and polite waiter….would recommend this restaurant to allSpecial Features:
- Freshest fish in the area.AndyVIPDined on 8/7/2014When you live far from the oceans it's hard to find good fish. Unless it is fried. This is the place to go for fresh fish in Lansing. It's pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST seafood in the areaStandoutSeafoodDined on 7/29/2014I come from Oregon. I know how fresh seafood tastes and how it should be prepares. Mitchell's does it! Consistently! Combine this with top professional wait staff and a pleasant environment and we keep going back.Special Features:
- Quality over quanityLetsEatDined on 7/24/2014If you are looking for a plate with food so loaded, it's falling off the edges, then this is not the place for you. That being said, if you would like a finely plated, cooked to perfection quality fish or meat dish, then this is your stop. Service was second to none from our server and the whole experience was very warm and friendly. Atmosphere was relaxing and appearance was clean and classy. Overall, there were four of us, each with a different dinner and no one felt cheated nor short changed. No one wanted dessert when that time came around. We were well pleased!!Special Features:
- FoodieFoodieDined on 7/19/2014The seafood is excellent -- fresh and nicely presented. The servers are friendly and attentive. The salad/appetizer course is followed too quickly by the entree. We had our last bite of salad as the entree arrived. Next time we will tell the server not to turn in our order until we have eaten our salad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am disappointed in the new menu.OldmenubetterDined on 7/19/2014We much preferred the old menu. We found the new one harder to use, and some of our preferred menu items were no longer included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't be better!LjoyFDined on 7/12/2014The service was outstading - very professional and nice. The whitefish was as good as when I go to the U.P. to get it. The food was hot when they brought it. Now I don't need to go that far to get a great whitefish dinner!!Special Features:
- Cyndi SaenzladyvikingDined on 7/11/2014I love this place. But due to the prices. It is a special occasion restaurant only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and FoodOysterRoastDined on 7/10/2014I was visiting this area from North Carolina and was referred to your restaurant. The food was simply outstanding! Josh was also our waiter and he was friendly, fast, and very professional. A great experience overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BookclubDined on 7/8/2014Christian our waiter was great. Planning on coming back real soon with our same bookclub group.Special Features:
- Attention to DetailTurnerbirdDined on 7/7/2014We dined to celebrate our 35th anniversary. There was a rose on the table, with champagne chilling. My husband was very surprised (I had called and explained we wanted to eat outside, and ordered champagne and dessert, paid separately to surprise my husband). The rose was not asked for, it was a surprise to us both! Our server was so nice, and congratulated us, as did another server. My food was excellent, my husbands, so-so. She offered to get something else, but he opted not to. Sadly, a loud 4-some sat beside us, but that wasn't anyone's fault! Bad manners are universal! It was a memorable meal and evening because of Mitchell's efforts.Special Features:
- Girlfriend lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Mitchell's is a great place for girlfriend luncheon! I just had my birthday there with a few friends--the food was excellent (I love the spinach salad with salmon added--and the creme brulee), they placed us away from the crowd, Ben the waiter was great! It was a wonderful afternoon!Special Features:
- enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014You wouldn't think a this place would be sitring in an oversized strip mall.
- Happy AnniversaryfishloverDined on 7/2/2014We went to Mitchell's Fish Market to celebrate our anniversary and I happened to make a note of that when I made my reservation with Open Table. The waitress brought us an anniversary card signed by all the wait staff and we received a free dessert of our choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High-end in a mall settingEatingOutBeatsCookingDined on 7/2/2014Our dining experience at Mitchell's was fine not great, especially in light of the final tally. There is al fresco dining but it overlooks the mall parking lot. Seating is too open to be romantic. Servers were attentive but so over=prepared it felt solicitous - think of a solitcitation call where no matter what your response is, they have a "script" for it. The garlic smashed potatoes were too salty to eat, the crab cakes were average, crab legs obviously frozen-reheated, but the grapefruit basil martini was interesting enough to have a second.Special Features:
- Great meal, miss the old menu!m19s99uDined on 6/27/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner with our two small children--the children's menu here is wonderful, although we do remind our kids that their behavior must be top notch. We eat here bc we simply prefer better quality food when we done out. That being said, the new menu is very lackluster, and they've eliminated several of my favorites and stand-by's. I tried some new menu items and was pleased, but so wish they'd bring back their full dinner salads, in particular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in town for SeafoodCrazy4CFoodDined on 6/27/2014Seating tends to be a bit tight and it kind of noisy, but the cod and service are top notch. We go to Mitchell's every year on our anniversary.Special Features:
- Great FishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014The salmon I had was excellent. We has very good service.Special Features:
- great foodlmarksDined on 6/21/2014Very nice place to eat and relax. My husband and I make reservations every time we are passing throughlLansing. Best seafood around. Carrot cake is to did for. Great special occasion place as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitorMyhandsomeboys1Dined on 6/15/2014We were late and they still let us use our reservation. The Waitor forgot to bring us more bread until our food came but at that point we wanted our foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I have been to Mitchell's several times. I have never been disappointed. One of my favorite places to dine.Special Features:
- Mitchell's SeafoodCatnissDined on 6/15/2014Wonderful seafood specialties! (There is steak, pasta in case you're not in the mood). Good waitstaff. We enjoyed every course we had, especially the excellent calamari appetizer, the amazing crabcakes, the sea scallops. Their seafood is so fresh and so well-prepared. Great place for a date night, family celebrations and lunch meetings.Special Features:
- Great Experienceluvseafood2Dined on 6/15/2014The food was cooked perfect especially the steaks. Great service and well attended to. Only complaint is that it was a little cold in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day dinnerFatherdaysuccessDined on 6/15/2014Food is always excellent. My salad was a little soggy but over all food was delicious. Our server Rebecca was awesome...she noticed my dad was hard of hearing and made sure she bent down and talked directly at him so he could understand. Very impressed with the service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014There was 8 of us eating father's day lunch on a Saturday, everyone loved their food and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichDinerDined on 6/12/2014Food came out hot and had an excellent taste. The service was great. It was timely, not overbearing and not rushed. Our waiter was one of the best. The drinks were pricey for the size. No salads come with the meal, but you can delete one of the sides and a get a salad for a small price. Great deal and nice of them to do it. The restaurant was a little noisy and the noise seemed to carry throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently notable food & serviceBabetteDined on 6/7/2014My friends and family enjoy eating here for all occasions. The food is consistently very good, and the service is always excellent. The staff go the extra yard to make sure that everyone is happy. I have sampled various offerings over the years, and have never been disappointed. The clam chowder is great, the salads are fresh, and seafood served Shang Hai style is especially memorable. I don't usually go to chain restaurants, but Mitchell's Fish Market is definitely worth a visit, or two! It is hard to find fresh seafood in the Midwest, but Mitchell's delivers at reasonable prices. I forgot to mention the desserts. Try the Mini Sharkfin Pie.Special Features:
- Excellent food, poor servicepickyeaterDined on 6/6/2014Wine glasses were dirty and took 15 minutes for waiter to bring our bottle of wine with clean glasses. Had to ask twice for bread to be brought to the table, while the patrons sitting next to us had their bread delivered first thing. Disappointing since the food and ambiance was excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy meeting friendsEat4funDined on 6/1/2014It's a good midway location for family and friends to meet. We were super disappointed to learn our favorite dish ( pecan crusted whitefish) is being removed from the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DamonDined on 5/31/2014We were all very happy with our entrees, as well as the crab, spinach, and artichoke dip we ordered as an appetizer. The food was very good quality and prepared well, interesting without overwhelming it; I ordered the Seafood Americana and I thought the sauce -- nicely spiced, a little more heavily than I had expected -- really set off the shrimp and scallops very nicely. The service was also excellent. Our waiter was attentive without interrupting. I accidentally ordered something ambiguous (I think I called the dip we ordered spinach and artichoke dip, without realizing that they had two hot spinach and artichoke dips, one with and one without crab), and I was glad the waiter noticed and took the time to clarify what I wanted. Thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For Celebrating AnniversariesRetiredTechDined on 5/25/2014My wife and I have been celebrating our Anniversaries (and News Year Eve too) for the past few years. The staff does a wonderful job and we have always been more than happy with the food we have been served.Special Features:
- Our 25th Wedding Anniversaryrosemary1136Dined on 5/25/2014We were so pleased how well the employees treated us. Also, very surprised when we got the special appetizers. The rose was so appreciated. Will definitely come back. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.