Mitchell's Fish Market - Lansing
2975 Preyde Blvd.
Lansing, MI 48912Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Lansing
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: (517) 482-3474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ryan Weirenga
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today! Mitchell's Fish Market at Eastwood Towne Center features two private dining rooms; the Captain's Quarters, which can accommodate 16 guests, and the Stern built for larger parties up to 36 guests. Both rooms are AV capable.
- Private Party Contact: Corinne Berrett 5174823474
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Lansing
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mitchell's Fish Market - Lansing - Best Restaurants in Lansing ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Lansing reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (37)romantic (28)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (21)great for outdoor dining (19)notable wine list (16)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Best FRESH fish.RandyDined on 11/20/2014Our table was waiting for us when we walked in. Our waiter was outstanding, friendly, knew the menu, and could tell us how the fish was prepared. I trusted him when he made suggestions on what to order. Food cam on time and was delicious.. Our complimentary birthday/anniversary desserts were delicious. Come with a loaded billfold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent but questionable valueDJSdineVIPDined on 11/15/2014Consistent food quality and good selection of fresh and set entrees but quality and amount served doesn't fit value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty seafood experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2014Dinner at Mitchell's pre-show to enjoy the variety of fresh seafood. Three of us dined having the lobster bisque, seafood gumbo, spicy shrimp appetizer. All very good and served warm and in good portions. Entrees included scallops that were very fresh and delicious and lobster tails also very fresh. Overall an enjoyable experience. It was a Friday night so make sure you have reservations and be prepared for a busy restaurant. Table are close in the dining area, so it does get a bit noisy, but the food is worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fish in the Lansing/EL areaELdinerDined on 11/7/2014It's not the cheapest, about $25 per plate, but you get large portions of delicious, fresh seafood. There's usually a short wait on busy nights, even with a reservation. This is a great place to eat; I've never left disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Great service.... Great Food! The Alaskian King Crab Legs were amazing..... Our waitress was friendly and promptSpecial Features:
- ExcellentChicagoTreeMDVIPDined on 10/30/2014The best seafood in Lansing area. Great menu with something for everyone. Food was prepared in a great manner. Friendly staff. Not cheap, but worth it for a fine meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here this past weekend and it was amazing! It was busy, but not over crowded or loud. Our sever, Pam, was very attentive and kind. The food was outstanding, portions were generous but the quality of the food kept us from feeling too stuffed! It was an excellent way to spend our special night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice fishjoseDined on 10/22/2014Very nice fresh fish. The stuffed cod was actually excellent. Good value for price.Special Features:
- popular place with good foodsmikeDined on 10/22/2014worth the visit. the whitefish Asian style was amazing. The ceviche appetizer was very good too. Service definitely above average. make sure you make a reservation for dinner as it tends to be croudedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid all aroundachesebroDined on 10/20/2014My continual draw to come back to Mitchell's is the quality and creativity of the food. Staff was friendly and helpful. Dish selection and pairings was great!Special Features:
- pleasurable dining for fourNFHUVIPDined on 10/18/2014our party thoroughly enjoyed entries of seafood combinations and the cedar planked arctic char. our server was very good and did not call us "guys" once_ a plus. Airy and windowed ambiance was well received by all. Drinks from the bar were very satisfying and well-prepared. for dining after a show at the Wharton, Mitchell's made a great experience even better. Our thanks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Our server was gracious and patient. Our group spent a lot of time talking and not looking at the menu, but we never felt rushed to get our orders in. We will meet there again.Special Features:
- WonderfulBarbieDined on 10/14/2014Wonderful! A bit chilly in the restraunt,but we were all happy when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent chain seafood restaurantJuiceVIPDined on 10/10/2014Our server was a trainee who did not know the menu well, but he did get our questions answered. Thai chopped salad was generous and they split it for us. It was a bit blander than I expected. My husband and I both had the twin cold water lobster tails. Tasty, tender, and a good portion. Waiter forgot to bring the drawn butter so we had to wait for that.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodBandCDined on 10/10/2014Great food, great service..... you pay a little more, but it's worth it. We get all of our Christmas certificates for our friends and family here and have always gotten great feedback from them as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoelBjPalmerDined on 10/10/2014The best seafood is found near the ocean and the further you get from the ocean, the lower the quality. At Mitchell's, the seafood is flown in and the quality is as if you where at the ocean. By far the best seafood in Lansing...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good but food finish lackinggotfoodenvyDined on 10/6/2014Went there for an anniversary and all went well. Great greeter, atmosphere, excellent and attentive server. We checked out the Autumn specials and they just didn't seem clean - more like a jumble of vegetables and sea food that would smother each other so we opted out. Of the two meals we did choose, both were flavorful and nicely presented but both were missing the finish -on the Fruti del Mar, a nice searing on the scallops for instance and a better reserve of white wine sauce to accompany the generous portion of pappardelle; on the Shang HAI Salmon (slightly overcooked), shrimp and un-seared scallops, less sweet and more soy around some stickier rice. The spinach was awesome! Drinks were excellent and fairly priced. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014We would not go back again. The food was not good. The people were friendly.n
- Perfect for an anniversary dinnerLuv2commentDined on 10/4/2014Made reservations for our anniversary and not only did they reserve the most private booth for us, we were immediately greeted with a "Happy Anniversary", and the same by the manager and server. As well, they gave excellent service (not too much or too little). The food was great! I was very happy with the entire experience and I will return based on my experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experiencesnorkelsurfswimskidiveDined on 10/1/2014First time visitors, very pleased with the service and the food. Lindsey was very knowledgeable about the food and beverages, provided well paced, timely, and accurate service. Definitely will be back, possibly later at night for a more prolonged and relaxed experience. First visit was somewhat last minute, though we did have a reservation, which I would highly recommend. This place was packed! Noise level is a bit high, and they play background music which also was rather loud as if it needed to be heard over the conversations taking place. I'd suggest turning down or off the music, and be prepared for a loud environment.Special Features:
- ExcellentRobertDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food as always. Server was new but he worked hard and wasn't afraid to seek assistance when needed.Special Features:
- DisappointedJiimKDined on 9/27/2014Shang Hai salmon dinners were very good. Whitefish dinner not so good - piece of fish very small and over cooked. Featured lobster dish accompanied with inedible pasta.Special Features:
- Good food, good time.brs8509Dined on 9/25/2014we had a group of six and everyone had fun and enjoyed their food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Nice wine list however slightly pricey when comparing same wines @ different restaurants. We were a party of 4 & ordered a bottle & then 2 extra glasses but were charged for the bottle & 3 extra glassesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jules4090VIPDined on 9/20/2014second time I've been to a Mitchell's. Love the wine list and seafood always fresh. Love the fall special I hadSpecial Features:
- Good food and ambiance for a chainKhazVIPDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was packed on a Saturday night (thanks, opentable!), with the bar pretty busy as well. However, the service was still great, and the food order came out on time. My fish preparation wasn't what I ordered, but was delicious anyway. The food itself is nothing special, but also wasn't bad, as the fish and the vegetables were fresh. The prices are a little high, but reasonable.Special Features:
- not happy this time service was faifarmertimDined on 9/20/2014food was fair ,I EXPECT better when we go there it is a fifty mile drive
- Never a disappointmentcharlierose1Dined on 9/20/2014Every time we dine at Mitchell's, we are never disappointed. The seafood is always fresh and has great flavor. We usually go for special occasions, but lately go with nothing to celebrate other than the good food. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- great birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Waitress was great. Gave wife fresh cut rose for birthday. Her favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat.datenightDined on 9/13/2014We had a great time. The service could have been a little better, but overall we had a great time.Special Features:
- Over pricedhungrydinerDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I went to your resaurant for a night out and were very unhappy when we left. We both ordered water and my wife had a juice, we both had an entree, and then split a desert. After all that and $71.00 later we both left hungry. Not very happy with spending that kind of money and still being hungry.
- I will be back1GmoneyDined on 9/1/2014I had a great experience. The menu is strong, so that I will, be back to try different entree's. Outstanding appetizers. You hit the maskSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSeminoleDined on 8/30/2014As usual, everything was great. Food was outstanding and service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Pleasant for a birthdayspicykDined on 8/28/2014Even with OpenTable, we were impressed that writing a note to the restaurant that we were celebrating a birthday resulted in the daily menu saying "Happy Birthday!". The food was good, as usual. The lobster bisque, usually the best in town, was unfortunately not superb this time around. The white wine taste was pretty strong, which is uncommon. The calamari very good. The broiled chilean sea bas was superb, crab cakes very tasty. Avoid the heavy-battered Fisherman's Platter. The grilled sea bass was a little oily and we definitely recommend broiled over grilled. Lastly, we received a complimentary dessert (up to a certain value) and chose the Mitchell's Chocolate Cake. They brought it out with a candle and it was delicious (and big).Special Features:
- Great seafoodGourmettaDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I love Mitchell's. We frequently combine dinner with a movie at Eastwood. We also use it for special occasions. Our recent visit was prompted by the current "twin lobster tails" special at $21.99. It was even better in July at $19.95. Overall, the food is delicious, the service excellent, and the ambiance cozy and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!AndyDined on 8/27/2014Muscles and oysters were fair, the sea bass was delicious. Would most likely return. We are at the bar Where watching the regular happy hour crowd provided much amusement!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014This was our third visit to Mitchell's and the food was excellent. There were six of us and we all enjoyed our meals, with plenty of sharing. The carrot cake was the perfect finish!Special Features:
- 2nd Time DiningmichkatDined on 8/23/2014This is my 2nd time dining here and both times the service was great and the food fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell"s is a great place to go!Mitchells82214Dined on 8/22/2014Took my wife to Mitchell's Fish Market on a friends recommendation, and glad I did! Staff there was super attentive even while being very busy. Make a reservation is the easiest way to walk in and get seated; its that busy! Wife and I celebrated an anniversary and had a great experience. Wife had the Alaskian King Crab legs, and they were HUGE! I had the special of 9oz sirloin and a lobster tail. Steak was cooked to over my medium request and was sent back, but was very prompt. Lobster Tail was delicious! Due to my steak not being cook right, the manager comped my steak and lobster which was $30 just like that. Staff was happy to serve and did a great job showing how to take care of the customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinneramg4foodVIPDined on 8/20/2014We had the cedar planked salmon & sea bass. Both were excellent.Special Features: