Mitchell's Fish Market - Lansing
2975 Preyde Blvd.
Lansing, MI 48912Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Lansing
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 5174823474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ryan Weirenga
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today! Mitchell's Fish Market at Eastwood Towne Center features two private dining rooms; the Captain's Quarters, which can accommodate 16 guests, and the Stern built for larger parties up to 36 guests. Both rooms are AV capable.
- Private Party Contact: Corinne Berrett 5174823474
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Lansing
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Mitchell's Fish Market - Lansing - Best Restaurants in Lansing ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Lansing reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)fit for foodies (41)romantic (35)good for groups (34)great for lunch (28)great for outdoor dining (23)neighborhood gem (20)notable wine list (20)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (14)great for brunch (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- pleasurable dining for fourNFHUVIPDined on 10/18/2014our party thoroughly enjoyed entries of seafood combinations and the cedar planked arctic char. our server was very good and did not call us "guys" once_ a plus. Airy and windowed ambiance was well received by all. Drinks from the bar were very satisfying and well-prepared. for dining after a show at the Wharton, Mitchell's made a great experience even better. Our thanks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Our server was gracious and patient. Our group spent a lot of time talking and not looking at the menu, but we never felt rushed to get our orders in. We will meet there again.Special Features:
- WonderfulBarbieDined on 10/14/2014Wonderful! A bit chilly in the restraunt,but we were all happy when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent chain seafood restaurantJuiceVIPDined on 10/10/2014Our server was a trainee who did not know the menu well, but he did get our questions answered. Thai chopped salad was generous and they split it for us. It was a bit blander than I expected. My husband and I both had the twin cold water lobster tails. Tasty, tender, and a good portion. Waiter forgot to bring the drawn butter so we had to wait for that.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodBandCDined on 10/10/2014Great food, great service..... you pay a little more, but it's worth it. We get all of our Christmas certificates for our friends and family here and have always gotten great feedback from them as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoelBjPalmerDined on 10/10/2014The best seafood is found near the ocean and the further you get from the ocean, the lower the quality. At Mitchell's, the seafood is flown in and the quality is as if you where at the ocean. By far the best seafood in Lansing...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good but food finish lackinggotfoodenvyDined on 10/6/2014Went there for an anniversary and all went well. Great greeter, atmosphere, excellent and attentive server. We checked out the Autumn specials and they just didn't seem clean - more like a jumble of vegetables and sea food that would smother each other so we opted out. Of the two meals we did choose, both were flavorful and nicely presented but both were missing the finish -on the Fruti del Mar, a nice searing on the scallops for instance and a better reserve of white wine sauce to accompany the generous portion of pappardelle; on the Shang HAI Salmon (slightly overcooked), shrimp and un-seared scallops, less sweet and more soy around some stickier rice. The spinach was awesome! Drinks were excellent and fairly priced. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014We would not go back again. The food was not good. The people were friendly.n
- Perfect for an anniversary dinnerLuv2commentDined on 10/4/2014Made reservations for our anniversary and not only did they reserve the most private booth for us, we were immediately greeted with a "Happy Anniversary", and the same by the manager and server. As well, they gave excellent service (not too much or too little). The food was great! I was very happy with the entire experience and I will return based on my experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experiencesnorkelsurfswimskidiveDined on 10/1/2014First time visitors, very pleased with the service and the food. Lindsey was very knowledgeable about the food and beverages, provided well paced, timely, and accurate service. Definitely will be back, possibly later at night for a more prolonged and relaxed experience. First visit was somewhat last minute, though we did have a reservation, which I would highly recommend. This place was packed! Noise level is a bit high, and they play background music which also was rather loud as if it needed to be heard over the conversations taking place. I'd suggest turning down or off the music, and be prepared for a loud environment.Special Features:
- ExcellentRobertDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food as always. Server was new but he worked hard and wasn't afraid to seek assistance when needed.Special Features:
- DisappointedJiimKDined on 9/27/2014Shang Hai salmon dinners were very good. Whitefish dinner not so good - piece of fish very small and over cooked. Featured lobster dish accompanied with inedible pasta.Special Features:
- Good food, good time.brs8509Dined on 9/25/2014we had a group of six and everyone had fun and enjoyed their food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Nice wine list however slightly pricey when comparing same wines @ different restaurants. We were a party of 4 & ordered a bottle & then 2 extra glasses but were charged for the bottle & 3 extra glassesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/20/2014second time I've been to a Mitchell's. Love the wine list and seafood always fresh. Love the fall special I hadSpecial Features:
- Good food and ambiance for a chainKhazVIPDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was packed on a Saturday night (thanks, opentable!), with the bar pretty busy as well. However, the service was still great, and the food order came out on time. My fish preparation wasn't what I ordered, but was delicious anyway. The food itself is nothing special, but also wasn't bad, as the fish and the vegetables were fresh. The prices are a little high, but reasonable.Special Features:
- not happy this time service was faifarmertimDined on 9/20/2014food was fair ,I EXPECT better when we go there it is a fifty mile drive
- Never a disappointmentcharlierose1Dined on 9/20/2014Every time we dine at Mitchell's, we are never disappointed. The seafood is always fresh and has great flavor. We usually go for special occasions, but lately go with nothing to celebrate other than the good food. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- great birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Waitress was great. Gave wife fresh cut rose for birthday. Her favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat.datenightDined on 9/13/2014We had a great time. The service could have been a little better, but overall we had a great time.Special Features:
- Over pricedhungrydinerDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I went to your resaurant for a night out and were very unhappy when we left. We both ordered water and my wife had a juice, we both had an entree, and then split a desert. After all that and $71.00 later we both left hungry. Not very happy with spending that kind of money and still being hungry.
- I will be back1GmoneyDined on 9/1/2014I had a great experience. The menu is strong, so that I will, be back to try different entree's. Outstanding appetizers. You hit the maskSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSeminoleDined on 8/30/2014As usual, everything was great. Food was outstanding and service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Pleasant for a birthdayspicykDined on 8/28/2014Even with OpenTable, we were impressed that writing a note to the restaurant that we were celebrating a birthday resulted in the daily menu saying "Happy Birthday!". The food was good, as usual. The lobster bisque, usually the best in town, was unfortunately not superb this time around. The white wine taste was pretty strong, which is uncommon. The calamari very good. The broiled chilean sea bas was superb, crab cakes very tasty. Avoid the heavy-battered Fisherman's Platter. The grilled sea bass was a little oily and we definitely recommend broiled over grilled. Lastly, we received a complimentary dessert (up to a certain value) and chose the Mitchell's Chocolate Cake. They brought it out with a candle and it was delicious (and big).Special Features:
- Great seafoodGourmettaDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I love Mitchell's. We frequently combine dinner with a movie at Eastwood. We also use it for special occasions. Our recent visit was prompted by the current "twin lobster tails" special at $21.99. It was even better in July at $19.95. Overall, the food is delicious, the service excellent, and the ambiance cozy and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!AndyDined on 8/27/2014Muscles and oysters were fair, the sea bass was delicious. Would most likely return. We are at the bar Where watching the regular happy hour crowd provided much amusement!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014This was our third visit to Mitchell's and the food was excellent. There were six of us and we all enjoyed our meals, with plenty of sharing. The carrot cake was the perfect finish!Special Features:
- 2nd Time DiningmichkatDined on 8/23/2014This is my 2nd time dining here and both times the service was great and the food fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell"s is a great place to go!Mitchells82214Dined on 8/22/2014Took my wife to Mitchell's Fish Market on a friends recommendation, and glad I did! Staff there was super attentive even while being very busy. Make a reservation is the easiest way to walk in and get seated; its that busy! Wife and I celebrated an anniversary and had a great experience. Wife had the Alaskian King Crab legs, and they were HUGE! I had the special of 9oz sirloin and a lobster tail. Steak was cooked to over my medium request and was sent back, but was very prompt. Lobster Tail was delicious! Due to my steak not being cook right, the manager comped my steak and lobster which was $30 just like that. Staff was happy to serve and did a great job showing how to take care of the customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinneramg4foodVIPDined on 8/20/2014We had the cedar planked salmon & sea bass. Both were excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Our server was excellent! Very attentive with a charming personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT CHOICEFISHFRIENDLYDined on 8/11/2014spectacular dining…scrumptious fish…wonderful variety…attentive and polite waiter….would recommend this restaurant to allSpecial Features:
- Freshest fish in the area.AndyVIPDined on 8/7/2014When you live far from the oceans it's hard to find good fish. Unless it is fried. This is the place to go for fresh fish in Lansing. It's pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST seafood in the areaStandoutSeafoodDined on 7/29/2014I come from Oregon. I know how fresh seafood tastes and how it should be prepares. Mitchell's does it! Consistently! Combine this with top professional wait staff and a pleasant environment and we keep going back.Special Features:
- Quality over quanityLetsEatDined on 7/24/2014If you are looking for a plate with food so loaded, it's falling off the edges, then this is not the place for you. That being said, if you would like a finely plated, cooked to perfection quality fish or meat dish, then this is your stop. Service was second to none from our server and the whole experience was very warm and friendly. Atmosphere was relaxing and appearance was clean and classy. Overall, there were four of us, each with a different dinner and no one felt cheated nor short changed. No one wanted dessert when that time came around. We were well pleased!!Special Features:
- FoodieFoodieDined on 7/19/2014The seafood is excellent -- fresh and nicely presented. The servers are friendly and attentive. The salad/appetizer course is followed too quickly by the entree. We had our last bite of salad as the entree arrived. Next time we will tell the server not to turn in our order until we have eaten our salad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am disappointed in the new menu.OldmenubetterDined on 7/19/2014We much preferred the old menu. We found the new one harder to use, and some of our preferred menu items were no longer included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't be better!LjoyFDined on 7/12/2014The service was outstading - very professional and nice. The whitefish was as good as when I go to the U.P. to get it. The food was hot when they brought it. Now I don't need to go that far to get a great whitefish dinner!!Special Features:
- Cyndi SaenzladyvikingDined on 7/11/2014I love this place. But due to the prices. It is a special occasion restaurant only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and FoodOysterRoastDined on 7/10/2014I was visiting this area from North Carolina and was referred to your restaurant. The food was simply outstanding! Josh was also our waiter and he was friendly, fast, and very professional. A great experience overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.