Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville
5205 Big Island Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32246Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 9046453474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do accept large party reservations online, however anything over 12 will need to be reserved by calling the restaurant directly at 904-645-3474.
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Best 9046453474
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)good for groups (68)great for lunch (53)fit for foodies (47)romantic (45)neighborhood gem (38)great for outdoor dining (25)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (19)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (14)late-night find (12)hot spot (12)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful experienceLuncherDined on 8/26/2014I was able to take some customers of mine out to lunch and both the food and service was great! We were able to hear each other and not have to shout and our server was very attentive.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The clam chowder was rich but well balanced. The mussels were fresh and cooked to perfection. The market trio included a wonderful version of blackened tilapia and black beans and rice with Mango chutney. It also included a great version of scallops. The salmon was not as good and I left it alone since I was full anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichDined on 8/24/2014Excellent 66th Birthday meal for my wife and me. Excellent service, delicious food.Special Features:
- Good DinnerDaveFDined on 8/23/2014I had been to Mitchell's in the past but didn't remember it being as good as it is now. I went on Tuesday night for business and had such a good meal I went back with the family on Saturday. Everything from appetizers to dessert were great and actually reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Great experience. We would definitely go back. Enjoyed the food, very fresh.Special Features:
- Made my birthdayeluminazDined on 8/22/2014I was happy to see how they were able to accommodate my request with less than 24 hours in advance. They called to confirm twice and made celebrating my birthday an excellent experience. Our Menus were customized to say Happy Birthday to me. Service as usual was excellent and the food was great. I recommend Mitchell's for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- occasionaldinerDined on 8/21/2014I have eaten here on a number of occasions. The service is intermittently good with delays just being acknowledged as being seated. Drink orders were slow in coming to the table. The appetizer and food was very good. Ordered desert, creme brulee', which did not appeal to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambience.ToneytoniDined on 8/21/2014I took my husband to Mitchell's to celebrate his birthday. We shared Chilean Sea Bass and Twin Lobster tails and both were outstanding. Lots of smashed red potatoes and vegetables on the side - so much in fact that we brought the leftovers home and enjoyed them last night. Our server, Samantha, was attentive without being intrusive. Super dirty martinis and bloody Mary's and the Creme Brûlée was done to perfection. We went for a late lunch so the place was very quiet and we could talk without shouting.Special Features:
- Not goodJaxfoodieDined on 8/15/2014Reservations for 3. Fried calamari appetizer to start. Calamari was cooked in low temp oil, incredibly greasy , soaking in a puddle of grease. Returned.. 2nd version was slightly better but still unappetizing. Chilean sea bass for main. Specifically requested a temp of no more than 140, which means you pull it at 135. What I received was some sort of previously frozen(should be fresh for a $30 entree) chunk of overcooked fish which was literally soaked in some sort of neutral oil. It coated my tongue. Very unappetizing. Other guest had twin lobster tails... Overcooked and rubbery. His wife had steamed vegetables which were basically raw and had a fishy taste.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/8/2014very disappointed in the quality of food, especially since this is a seafood restaurant specializing in fish. we've had wonderful seafood here in the past.
- Yummy!JayJayDined on 8/8/2014My friends and I started out with the charbroiled oysters and bacon wrapped barbecue shrimp. Both were outstanding. Then we all had the king crab claws. They were pre-split and easy to eat. The meat was sweet and succulent, and they were accompanied by mashed potatoes and asparagus. Both were excellent. We finished with the "shark fin" ice cream pie, which was a delight. The three of us shared one piece and could not finish it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!foodieDined on 8/4/2014Mitchell's Fish Market is one of my favorites. Every visit has been fantastic and I would recommend it highly for any occasion. The food is great; the staff is trained to provide an optimum dining experience; and the atmosphere is warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Fish!!!hhidineVIPDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I tried something new to us and it was a great choice on risking. The fish was prepared perfect! We would highly recommend the cedar plank option. The overall experience was great along with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayBirthdaygirlDined on 8/1/2014Had my family birthday dinner here. Party of 6. We arrived a little early & were seated right away. Several good specials that night. Some ordered off of the regular menu, some got specials, all were very pleased. Service was great. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerStayhomecookDined on 7/29/2014Had a great dining experience here. Food was delicious even if maybe a little overseasoned. Our server Micah was absolutely lovely and made a birthday dinner very memorable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationBrennyDined on 7/26/2014Overall food was good. 1 person had tuna and there was quite a bit of gristle and had to be sent back. The replacement entree was brought out timely and acceptable.we brought our special bottle of wine and the corking fee $15 was very reasonable. Service by Micha was excellent as usual. A complimentary birthday dessert was provided to share. The extra large booth was very nice.Special Features:
- Food was averagefloridanativeDined on 7/25/2014I had hoped for a great tasting meal, but was disappointed that the Sea Bass was average. The juicy gravy beneath the rice was great but it did not stick to the bland fish. The fish was also room temperature, almost cold. I was disappointed. Sorry, but I am just being honest!Special Features:
- Great place for good foodlucygirlVIPDined on 7/20/2014My mother is a fussy eater and this is they have no problem satisfying her dietary needs. For me, I love the bisque with their wonderful bread for dipping, the cedar plank salmon with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes and zucchini, and their signature drinks. The carrot cake is wonderful and can feed a whole table. Highly recommend. Great place to go before or after an afternoon of shopping at the Town Center.Special Features:
- Lived upOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The reputation of this restaurant definitely lived up to its reputation. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrianDined on 7/19/2014My favorite restaurant. Been a frequent visitor since opening. Over the years, portions smaller, prices higher. Losing the cost / value advantage it once had, last Saturday the smallest patronage ever in my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RozedenRozedenDined on 7/18/2014First time here. The food was excellent especially their dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryDined on 7/17/2014Our server was not good.He didnt introduce the mix & match meal nor the different stuff fish options. During out dinner i witness another server check on the ppl he was waiting on throughout there whole dine in. When i only seen my waiter 4 times. When he took order, brought water back, brought food back and when we were done. Afterwards we went to the bar on the other side & was treated so well & then learned about so many dinners mix & match options. The bartender was excellence & made us want to come back again. Overall the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on July 17BrennyDined on 7/17/2014Our server, Micha (sp) was EXCELLENT! She explained several entrees, and made sure our cocktails were delivered quickly. The appetizers did not disappoint; Calamari and Lump Crabmeat dip. The portions were generous. My husband had Grouper and he ate every bit. The other couple were very happy with theirs as well. Brenda Self JacksonvilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save your money & go next doorpickyfoodyDined on 7/14/2014We tried to take my mother to a nice dinner at the Town Center for her birthday & what a mistake it was. The food was bland & tasteless, she ordered the sea bass & it had absolutely no flavor. The crab cakes were simply bread and crab meat, no seasoning at all. The service was terrible -- our waiter smelled of fresh cigarette smoke the entire time, acted as if he'd rather be anywhere but there & took 15 minutes to bring bread and then an additional 30 minutes after my dinner was done to bring dessert. No one at the table was at all satisfied, they all remarked how we should've went to J. Alexander's which made me look and feel bad. Won't be going there or recommending to friends in the future.
- Food was Delicious!SandraDined on 7/14/2014We absolutely enjoyed our dinner at Mitchell's. They certainly do know how to prepare lobster and it was done to perfection. I also enjoy the fact that they have specials every now and then, which means that even seniors on a fixed income can take advantage of dining here. We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureChipDined on 7/14/2014Went for a birthday dinner and they even printed Happy Birthday TJ on the menu! Nice touch! Food was great, as always, service prompt, friendly, accurate. As always. One of my favorite places to go. I have recommend Mitchell's to many friends and they are always happy they went!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Sunday EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014This restaurant is normally buzzing with business, but on this particular Sunday evening it was very quiet. The food was good and the service excellent. Will definately go back and recommend it, but not on a Sunday night.Special Features:
- Sunday EveningFancyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Our server, Heather, was terrific and a conscientious manager stopped by to see that we were pleased. We were there on Sunday night and there were very few occupied tables. This always takes away from the festive atmosphere and diminishes the joy of the experience in my opinion. That was not their fault and I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014This was our first experience at this restaurant. We were celebrating my sons 20th bday & it was his choice. We enjoyed the atmosphere & good was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surprisestulipgirlDined on 7/12/2014Had been here quite some time ago and liked it then and for a birthday dinner decided to come back. Our waitress was Katie, she had such a fantastic demeanor, smiling and friendly with absolutely the right amount of attention. Food was very good. Loved the spinach salad, loved the cod fish (stuffing was so/so) the asparagus were cooked to perfection and the mashed potatoes as well. We are in this location of town several times a month and will definitely make our way here again. Found pricing reasonable for the type restaurant, service was definitely several ticks above what I expected - from the entrance to the finish. Thanks Mitchell's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent DinerjpmnDined on 7/11/2014Even though I had read mixed reviews, I decided to give it a try. First and last time. Food is OK. Calamari, mussels and fish we had were decent. However, what a poor presentation in our plates. Service was amateurish, at best. Premises are fair only, diner's level, hence my comment title. The only thing that is sky rocketing is the check. In my op[inion, totally overpriced for what it is.
- NiceOut2dineDined on 7/11/2014I ordered the Lobster, Steak dinner and it was well seasoned. Our server, served us well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt rushedEat4funDined on 7/11/2014Food was very good. Only complaint was that food was served too fast. Soup was served before apps were finished, entree served literally within two minutes of finishing soup. Felt very rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Our meals were all delicious. I think it's a little on the expensive side for what you get.Special Features:
- GreatGr8dineDined on 7/7/2014Had an great dining experience and looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Lobster specialBigWallyDined on 7/5/2014Our group really enjoyed the lobster special! Waiter was very accommodating.Special Features:
- Very Good Fish RestaurantDonmacDined on 7/4/2014Good fish place with good service. I especially like the desserts. They currently have a $29.99 special which includes salad or soup, entree and dessert.Special Features:
- AAAluv2dineDined on 7/4/2014What a wonderful addition to the St. Johns Town Center'. Loved everything from the front of house, service and excellent choice of menu . Will be a regular dinning experience for us weekly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafood. Great service!!EhydeDined on 7/3/2014This restaurant has a great selection of fresh seafood with Many variations of preparation. I would definitely recommend the Chilean Sea Bass prepared Shanghai style. Our server Clay was very knowledgeable and had great suggestions for first timers. It overall great place. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service/ Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014The food was very good. Fit the date well. The drink specials were extremely enjoyable and well mixed. Food portions were smaller but presentation and flavor were definitely thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.