Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville
5205 Big Island Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32246Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: (904) 645-3474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do accept large party reservations online, however anything over 12 will need to be reserved by calling the restaurant directly at 904-645-3474.
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Best 9046453474
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)good for groups (39)great for lunch (27)fit for foodies (27)romantic (24)neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (13)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (10)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/19/2014The menu is interesting with numerous fish and seafood possibilities. The food was consistently very good. The seafood gumbo and the lobster bisque were outstanding. Two of us had the Ahi tuna seared rare and served Shang Hai style, which was delicious. The service was fantastic. I would definitely go to Mitchell''s again if in Jacksonville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we were looking for.SerenitylinDined on 11/17/2014We were pleased with our lobster, vegetables were perfect, and loved the Caesar salad and crusty bread. Plan to return. Staff was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerCindyVIPDined on 11/15/2014They made my son (and nephew's) birthday dinner a beautiful night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group lunchOfficeManagerDined on 11/10/2014Office group of 9. The web reservation form was easy to navigate and they were all set up for us when we arrived. The food was excellent, although there was a vegetarian at the table and I didn't see many vegetarian dishes. The restaurant was not busy or crowded at all on a Monday noon.Special Features:
- Bland, not worth what was paidmrsfrzbDined on 11/8/2014Not impressed. They mentioned at least 3 times that they are owned by Ruth's Chris. Who cares...Guess I should have ordered a steak then ! The food was very very bland. I ordered the scallops and my husband the Grouper. We ordered different ways from there 6 different preparations. We couldn't decide which one had LESS taste. Even the vegetables were bland, boring and just plain bad. I could not believe what we paid for this meal. Portions are small and most plates were over $30. It was more than a meal at J Alexander's, Ruth Chris or any of the amazing Restaurants in St. Augustine where we have had amazing dinners. t was very hard to sign the check for what we had. I guess this is why they had reservations avail when no one else did!Special Features:
- Sea bassEhydeDined on 11/7/2014We have enjoyed dinner at Mitchells a few times and I had the Chilean Sea Bass "Shanghai", probably the best way that I have ever had this fish prepared! They steam it and it's served on a bed of sticky rice surrounded by ginger steamed spinach, not a big spinach fan but I ate every last bit of it. The fish melts like butter in your mouth. I would definitely recommend this dish to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itPapaJaxDined on 11/5/2014One of our favorite places for oysters. Dinner always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!nyfoodcritic124Dined on 11/1/2014Sent my parents there as an Anniversary surprise. They called me after and loved it. They are still talking about it. The restaurant printed there names on the menus and customized a dessert for them. There staff on the phone were great to talk to as well. They knew what I wabted before I asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreeDinnerVIPDined on 11/1/2014Food was better than average. Service was fair. Food runner was better than server.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deb2Dined on 10/17/2014I have been to Mitchell's numerous times, and this visit was not at all like previous visits. There were two very noisy tables across from us. The waitress forgot my drink order, and my selection was too salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fresh dining experienceDJBillDined on 10/12/2014Great food, reasonably priced and fresh seafood! Menu is clear about the fish and where it came from. Server was great and the food was fabulous. My wife especially enjoyed the Apple Martini - one of the best she has ever hadSpecial Features:
- Great food, lacking in serviceRed0923Dined on 10/11/2014I went their Saturday night with two of my girlfriends hoping to have an enjoyable night out. We rarely get to go out since we are all single moms, but on this rare occasion, we were excited to get dressed up and enjoy our night. The food was awesome and the restaurant had a great vibe, but the service was seriously lacking, we constantly had to flag down our waiter, and when he did come to our table he always acted as though we were inconveniencing him. I don't mind going out and spending money on a nice dinner every one in a while, but when I do that I expect to receive good service.Special Features:
- Guest42Dined on 10/7/2014Really good food, Outstanding service. We were sitting next to 2 large parties, so it wasn't quiet or romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovefoodDined on 10/6/2014I always enjoy meal time at mitchell's. seafood is always fresh. I really wish the shrimp cakes were offered still as this is what got me hooked on the restaurant.The bar is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Seated at our table right on time. Food and service was great! Beer was good and cold! Great place to eat at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- ConsistentlucygirlVIPDined on 10/4/2014Mitchells is on our rotation on a regular basis. Yesterday, there were a few glitches. Crab cake on the fall platter was absolutely tasteless. The other items (shrimp and scallops) were overly salted. The bread was dry. Hopefully, was just a bad day.Special Features:
- When in JAXbobandrosaDined on 9/27/2014When we're in Jacksonville, Mitchell's is the top of our dining list. The food is hot, fresh, and properly prepared. The wait staff is always friendly, helpful, and respectful. Dinner was excellent, grouper for me, crab cakes for my wife, finished with a crème brulee. The atmosphere is nicely finished; the dress is decidedly casual.Special Features:
- Just OkjbeatsDined on 9/19/2014My fiancé and I went to Mitchell's after hearing it was a great place to have a very nice meal. We ordered a drink each and the waiter came back an told me the bar tender says they don't carry 7up so they made my drink with sprite. I sent it back and ordered another drink. I ordered the cedar plank salmon and my fiancé ordered the seared scallops. My salmon was raw on the thick side. I ask for it be cooked and the waiter took it back. When it came back it was cooked, but it was tasteless. Never ask if we would like another drink. When the check came there was no mention of my meal not being cooked. I would have at least thought that he would have said we are sorry about the salmon not being cooked. Not sure I'll ever go back.
- anniversary diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014the asparagus was big and bitter, the fish was a little tough (overcooked),and the portions were ok, but, the price but a damper on the entire dinner experience. The free dessert was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!LLcoolLVIPDined on 9/18/2014We enjoyed a group dinner here and everyone found their food amazing! The sea bass was melt I your mouth! Everything tasted fresh and was put together beautifully!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysJohnawcVIPDined on 9/16/2014We eat here 6-7 times a year and the food is always spectacular. The fresh fish is worth the trip. Additionally, the service is the kind you wish all restaurants could have--there when you need them and gone when you don't. We normally dine early or very late and it is usually very quiet. I cannot speak for prime time.Special Features:
- DecentFrendy48Dined on 9/15/2014Decent place for business meeting. Nothing to write home aboutSpecial Features:
- Mitchell'sHannahDined on 9/13/2014We always enjoy our dining experience at Mitchell's. The food is great and the staff are very people oriented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Have eaten at Mitchell's on several occasions and have never been disappointed. Excellent service, good atmosphere and good food. We have brought several friends to Mitchell's and they all enjoyed themselves. One of my favorite restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Not a great experienceboomerVIPDined on 9/12/2014First of all, I don't know if it was the early hour or what, but the waiter was somewhere else and wasn't paying much attention to us. My wife's dinner was great but I ordered the fried shrimp and the shrimp were very oily and didn't seem to have been drained very much. They took it back and I just ordered an appetizer instead. Our drinks were never refreshed. We had to ask the waiter twice for refills. All in all, it wasn't a very good experience. The manager even came to our table twice and never mentioned about refilling drinks either. We used to really enjoy Mitchell's and now we'll be hesitant to return again.Special Features:
- CongratsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Other than slow coffee and drink refills we enjoyed our experience, and look forward to another occasion.Special Features:
- LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Excellent seafood. The lobster special was great! Clam chowder was also one of the best we have had. Nice atmosphere in the restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014Food was good, but waiter was new and didn't have silverware on the table when we sat down, brought bread but no silverware or butter knife, so I got the silverware off another table. When the food was brought two of us had the same thing but one was supposed to be medium and one was medium rare and they got them mixed up and they were not marked to show which was which.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceLuncherDined on 8/26/2014I was able to take some customers of mine out to lunch and both the food and service was great! We were able to hear each other and not have to shout and our server was very attentive.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The clam chowder was rich but well balanced. The mussels were fresh and cooked to perfection. The market trio included a wonderful version of blackened tilapia and black beans and rice with Mango chutney. It also included a great version of scallops. The salmon was not as good and I left it alone since I was full anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichDined on 8/24/2014Excellent 66th Birthday meal for my wife and me. Excellent service, delicious food.Special Features:
- Good DinnerDaveFDined on 8/23/2014I had been to Mitchell's in the past but didn't remember it being as good as it is now. I went on Tuesday night for business and had such a good meal I went back with the family on Saturday. Everything from appetizers to dessert were great and actually reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Great experience. We would definitely go back. Enjoyed the food, very fresh.Special Features:
- Made my birthdayeluminazDined on 8/22/2014I was happy to see how they were able to accommodate my request with less than 24 hours in advance. They called to confirm twice and made celebrating my birthday an excellent experience. Our Menus were customized to say Happy Birthday to me. Service as usual was excellent and the food was great. I recommend Mitchell's for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- occasionaldinerDined on 8/21/2014I have eaten here on a number of occasions. The service is intermittently good with delays just being acknowledged as being seated. Drink orders were slow in coming to the table. The appetizer and food was very good. Ordered desert, creme brulee', which did not appeal to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambience.ToneytoniDined on 8/21/2014I took my husband to Mitchell's to celebrate his birthday. We shared Chilean Sea Bass and Twin Lobster tails and both were outstanding. Lots of smashed red potatoes and vegetables on the side - so much in fact that we brought the leftovers home and enjoyed them last night. Our server, Samantha, was attentive without being intrusive. Super dirty martinis and bloody Mary's and the Creme Brûlée was done to perfection. We went for a late lunch so the place was very quiet and we could talk without shouting.Special Features:
- Not goodJaxfoodieDined on 8/15/2014Reservations for 3. Fried calamari appetizer to start. Calamari was cooked in low temp oil, incredibly greasy , soaking in a puddle of grease. Returned.. 2nd version was slightly better but still unappetizing. Chilean sea bass for main. Specifically requested a temp of no more than 140, which means you pull it at 135. What I received was some sort of previously frozen(should be fresh for a $30 entree) chunk of overcooked fish which was literally soaked in some sort of neutral oil. It coated my tongue. Very unappetizing. Other guest had twin lobster tails... Overcooked and rubbery. His wife had steamed vegetables which were basically raw and had a fishy taste.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/8/2014very disappointed in the quality of food, especially since this is a seafood restaurant specializing in fish. we've had wonderful seafood here in the past.
- Yummy!JayJayDined on 8/8/2014My friends and I started out with the charbroiled oysters and bacon wrapped barbecue shrimp. Both were outstanding. Then we all had the king crab claws. They were pre-split and easy to eat. The meat was sweet and succulent, and they were accompanied by mashed potatoes and asparagus. Both were excellent. We finished with the "shark fin" ice cream pie, which was a delight. The three of us shared one piece and could not finish it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!foodieDined on 8/4/2014Mitchell's Fish Market is one of my favorites. Every visit has been fantastic and I would recommend it highly for any occasion. The food is great; the staff is trained to provide an optimum dining experience; and the atmosphere is warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.