Mitchell's Fish Market - Cleveland
28601 Chagrin Blvd., Suite 700
Woodmere, OH 44122Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Cleveland
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 2167653474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Terry Davidson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Bob Perfetto, General Manager 2167653474
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Cleveland
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mitchell's Fish Market - Cleveland - Best Restaurants in Beachwood ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Cleveland reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (129)good for groups (75)neighborhood gem (75)fit for foodies (64)great for lunch (63)great for outdoor dining (54)romantic (45)kid-friendly (20)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (18)hot spot (15)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014I took my husband to Mitchell's for his birthday celebration dinner. We had a party of 10 members of our family and friends including our almost 2 year old daughter! The experience was very nice overall. The only thing that wasn't the greatest was our drinks being refilled. The food was great and everyone had a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014My husband ordered a bowl of clam chowder. The bowl wasn't even 1/2 full. We brought that to the attention of our waiter and he shrugged his shoulders and said that's how the chef does it. Wanna talk to a manager? I ordered a martini that had so much olive juice in it I couldn't drink it, I sent that back. The dinner (food) itself was good. Not as good as it it has been in the past.
- Customer DinnerGradPackDined on 9/11/2014The food is consistent and priced reasonable. A good place for family, couples, group or customer dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- any time is a good time to goMitchellsDined on 9/11/2014always a great dining experience, sea food is excellentSpecial Features:
- Round 2AlfonsoDined on 9/10/2014Went back for the lobster tail special. This time, the server, Judith, explained options for the sides (never offered by the other server), once again lobster cooked perfectly, did not care for the spinach side, it was cooked in sesame oil, Judith did advise us, just personally not a good choice I would say. Another good visitI would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDining411Dined on 9/6/2014Reservations were quick and easy.The shellfish on ice is a neat.The wait staff was great,our waitress was spot on,and checked on us throughout the meal.The,food was delicious,New Orleans gumbo & crab cakes ,filet cooked to perfection,shrimp & lobster stuffed cod excellent.Well be returning to try the oyster selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerPRPHDined on 9/6/2014Late birthday dinner from my fiance, the calamari was a little bit over fried we thought. Our main course was the Chilean Sea Bass with the ginger and one Shanghai style. Both were very delicious, the vegetables were fresh and crisp, not overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Been here several times. Went Saturday night for my birthday. Best meal we ever had at Mitchell's. Crab and lobster were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venuejay2013Dined on 9/5/2014Since my dad likes salmon, the dinner was excellent. Is his choice when I come to town. Enjoyed the dinner with my dad!Special Features:
- ConsistenteggcellentVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food is consistently good. Service could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Fishslow2spoolDined on 9/3/2014Great place for fish. Don't always have the same fish, but what they do have, they have several ways to prepare it to you liking. Always have a good meal and good service.Special Features:
- Go to Mitchells very oftenluv2dineBBTVIPDined on 9/3/2014We go to Mitchells at least once a weak. Clam Chowder and fish delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood DeliteFishermanDined on 9/1/2014Service was excellent.Drink menu gave lots of choices.Food was prepared as requested.Served in a timely fashion and was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014worst service i have had,fish was not cooked good,although manager did make it right and second dinner was very good,we took new people there and they did not like how the service was nor the extremely long time it took to get our foodSpecial Features:
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our service was good at first but very poor at the end. Our waitress pretty much forgot all about us. We had to ask another waitress to help us. Cost us 20 minutes in waiting time for our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedClevelandrocksDined on 8/27/2014I was excited to go to Mitchell's after reading all the rave reviews. I also read the low reviews and was not disappointed there. Mitchell's seems to have a service problem which needs to be addressed. Probably the worst service I have experienced. I had to flag down our waiter, and other waiters to fetch my waiter, for refills. I ordered the Sea Bass prepared with jerk seasoning. The taste was very bland not a typical jerk flavor. The rice and beans side was over cooked and the only flavor was beans. The beans were definently from a can. I did have the oysters which were good, hard to mess up a raw item. Overall I might go back once to give Mitchell's another chance but I would warn my friend of the horrible service.
- Fine DinningGeminimanDined on 8/26/2014Much more than I expected, excellent food, service and ambiance. I will highly recommend to family and friends. I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for seafoodDiningDivaDined on 8/24/2014This was our first time but definitely not our last. The restaurant was spacious and clean. I ordered the seafood pasta with white wine sauce. It was outstanding! The pappardelle was homemade and the sauce was so good I wanted to lick the dish. The dessert menu looked fantastic but I was too full from dinner to try any of them. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservations: not requiredBoblikesboothsDined on 8/24/2014After being seated as close to the kitchen doors as possible, when we requested another table we were advised that open tables may be saved for reserved guest seating. We had reserved, and the room was 1/4 full. Other than that experience, the meal was delicious, hot, and flavorful. Most portions were not large for fish dishes. This was the first visit. We'll be back but not immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of foodltk1Dined on 8/24/2014The appetizers were good (shrimp cocktail, barbecue shrimp). We ordered four different items on the menu (tuna, walleye, salmon, ?). None of the meals were prepared well. I ordered walleye, pan fried. It was delivered as "cod". The waitress said it was walleye. It was deep fried, and it did not have much taste.
- Just a little slowBuddyDined on 8/23/2014Food and Service was great, but kitchen was slow?, it took a long time to get our food. We sat down at 7:15 PM and left at 9:10 PM. Everyone was helpful and nice.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014Waited an hour before our food came. Unacceptable! No longer serves lunch portions at dinner time. We use to eat here often. That will change.e
- Special Birthday DinnerCindyDined on 8/23/2014I took my husband to Mitchell's Fish Market for his birthday. He ordered the twin lobster tails and said they were very good. When the server found out it was his birthday, he got a free dessert which was delicious. We would definitely go there again. We had a 6:30 reservation, walked in at 6:30 and were immediately seated. When we left after dinner we saw people who were waiting when we walked in and they were just getting their table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodTiernasligoDined on 8/23/2014Had another delightful dinner at Mitchell's. The food was delicious, the service was attentive, and the pace of the meal was very good. Mitchells consistently delivers a great dining experience each time we go there.
- Enjoyed the mealJollyDined on 8/23/2014I had a group of 6 people for an early dinner (5:30pm). The place was quiet and the service was very good. Everyone loved their meal. Was pleasantly surprised at how well the mussels were prepared- delicious. The bacon wrapped shrimp was also very good. My father raved about the jerked chicken.Special Features:
- great all aroundOnyxFoodie2Dined on 8/22/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great service. We really enjoyed ourselves and our table was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We had a dinner for four. Three of us ordered seafood and it was terrific. One ordered a steak and it was overcooked, actually my salmon was overcooked also, as I had ordered is medium rare. Overall, it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeniseDeniseGDined on 8/22/2014I can not review this visit because we ended up having to go next door to Paladar to eat. They were having some water issues in the kitchen and would not seat us. Don't really know what was going on Paladar is literally next door and they had no problems. My previous experience have a always been greatSpecial Features:
- RegularsGuysnightoutDined on 8/20/2014My friends and I are regulars at Mitchell's. There food and service are consistently good. Their seafood gumbo is a favorite in our group and their carrot cake is the best around and can easily be split with a number of people.
- Super ChoiceRonPTDined on 8/20/2014Had a fantastic meal. I knew Mitchell's had a great reputation, but my meal was way better than expected. Savored every bite. Scraped the dish clean!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014VERY LOUD DUE TO BIRTHDAY PARTY that was set directly next to our table while half the restaurant was empty--- NOT GOOD!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FoodMonaDined on 8/18/2014I ordreed the fish and chips. The fish itself was fresh, that was good but the preparation was to be desired. The meal looked burned (to brown for me) the manager said that was how they prepared their "golden" brown fish. However, it would have been okay but it had a residue of oil taste which leads me to believe either the fish stayed in too long or the oil was too dark and needed changed. The cole slaw was fresh, crunchy but not enough mayo base for me very liquidy. However the appetizer the shrimp and scallop ceviche was delish and very refreshing. you should definitely try that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland, greasy, and below subparcjion247Dined on 8/17/2014Oysters were the best part. Decent size and pretty fresh. The crab cake was full of grease. If you are going to fry something make sure your grease is at the right temperature before you start cooking. For dinner we were craving fish and chips so we went with the Fisherman's Patter. I haven't had fish and chips since I lived in NC, and I swore never to have seafood in a landlocked state- I should have kept my promise to myself. The fish was full of grease, the scallops were raw but once again full of grease, and the french fries were just horrible. The fries had to be an 30 minutes to an hour old. The fish and scallops would have been fantastic if, one again, the grease would had been at the correct temperature before cooking.
- Good foodGirlsnightDined on 8/16/2014We made a reservation and was seated to our liking. The food was good and our server was knowledgeable and patient with us.Special Features:
- Mitchell's fish marketsPreviousmitchellfanDined on 8/16/2014We have previously eaten at this restaurant and have been very happy, but our experience on August 16, 2014 was poor. The service was poor. Our salads were delivered and our appetizer never came. Then we waited for our dinners for at least 45 minutes following the salad course. The quality of the food was poor too. My salmon was burned, my husband's salmon had a soggy crust, and my parents dinners were equally disappointing. We will not be returning and I will definitely suggest alternative restaurants to friends.
- Great service and foodDisappointedDined on 8/15/2014Courteous servers, hostess and waiters. Great fish- as advertised, served just as I requested. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's birthday dinnerezdiner33Dined on 8/14/2014My wife wanted Chilean Sea Bass for dinner on her birthday, so Mitchell's was a natural choice.Our waitress was Brandi, very personable and pleasant. We both wanted Chilean Sea Bass, I selected Blackened and my wife chose a Plank for hers. The calamari and wedge salad were fine, and the timing between the courses was good. The entrees came out and both looked good, but hers was not fully cooked, as the inside was still jelly-like and did not flake. Brandi quickly took my wife's fish back to the grille. The fish was returned and seemed OK. I was concerned that the Management did not offer anything for the inconvenience, ie, $5 off, free dessert, etc. This is why only 3 stars. We will give Mitchell's another chance soon.Special Features:
- Good deal good nightAlfonsoDined on 8/14/2014We went for their Lobster tail promotion. Two lobster tails, potato, asparagus, very tasty. Server was attentive, but checked on us too soon after we got our food and never checked back. My wife wanted her potatoes a little warmer and we couldn't get this addressed in the time we had. Restaurant is part of the Ruth Chris Steakhouse chain. Overall, We were not disappointed and plan to go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anther Great MealMGSARD21Dined on 8/14/2014My wife and I frequent Mitchell's Fish Market knowing we will always receive the freshest of fish and great service. We look forward to our next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly goodBearDined on 8/13/2014The food and the service are always consistently good so it has been a requested place when out of town visitors arrive. I always request a spot in Judy's section as she provides excellent service and seems to remember what we like even if the visits are weeks apart.Special Features: