Mitchell's Fish Market - Cincinnati (West Chester)
9456 Waterfront Dr
West Chester, OH 45069Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Cincinnati (West Chester)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: (513) 779-5292
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00 Noon - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday, 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jon Corcoran
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: General Manager Darren McConkey 5137795292
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Cincinnati (West Chester)
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mitchell's Fish Market - Cincinnati (West Chester) reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (19)romantic (13)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (10)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Cameron Mitchell feel is goneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014The food & service were good but it was a far cry from the days when Cameron Mitchell owned/ran the place. It was very noisy, we needed to lean in towards each other to hear what we were saying. The food was OK for a chain, but not up to what I consider Mitchell standards. We will be searching for another high-end seafood establishment for future visits.
- Extremely long wait time.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2014We were a party of five who came prepared to enjoy a celebratory dinner. What we were not prepared for was the extreme wait time for the delivery of our food. The appetizer took forever and then the wait for the entree's was too long for a restaurant that did not appear to be that busy. This was a Wednesday evening by the way. Comments were made to the waitress regarding the long wait time for our entree's and she apologized and then asked if we needed more bread. She was told to bring more and we again waited and never did receive the fresh baked bread after she made the inquiry to us. We were two groups meeting half-way after traveling each for 35 minutes. We will now find another restaurant that hopefully will not disappoint in the West Chester area. The problem may have been too much focus on a large group in banquet room. Our waitress seemed apologetic but no one would have appreciated the wait time we experienced. With the wait time so long it was hard to enjoy our food when it finally arrived.
- Great Fish, Loud Dining RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014I visited Mitchell's fish market on a Tuesday night. The place was pleasantly crowded which is no surprise after I tasted the fish - the cedar plank salmon was delicious and the other two I dined with enjoyed their entrees as well. We followed up our meal with carrot cake. It may have been the biggest slice of cake I've seen - 6 people could split it and be satisfied. A great way to end the meal and I would highly recommend it as a group dessert. My complaint is the noise. The dinning room acoustics seem to make things louder and it can be difficult to converse at a normal voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISSAPONTEDMawmawDined on 11/18/2014We have been there several times and this time was a dissapoint. My husband ordered Oscar Rockefeller and we believe it was Oscar floritine. It came 15 minutes after our salads. We were all mostly done with our salads by then. It was to be an appetizer. Server apologized said it was a trainee that made it. -- WHAT would that be about? A side dish was wrong. Server took my friends drink glass without asking her. -- she wasn't done with the drink. It was somwhat embarrasing as we recommeded this to our friends they had never been there. Went from a special place for us to dine to just a normal one.
- Great mealJMHawkDined on 11/15/2014Full menu with plenty of options. Meal was delicious with an excellent presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food - Ambiance Not So MuchKarenDined on 11/15/2014We went to celebrate my dad's 75th birthday. There were 5 of us (3 adults and 2 kids), so we were seated at a larger table. The only larger tables were either near a door (COLD air seeping in), right next to the fish market display (bright fluorescent lights blaring at our table) or one that was already taken. So, we went with the blaring fluorescent light option. Our food was excellent, the staff was great. I noticed the good service that we received throughout our meal, and overall, it was a nice evening. My only suggestion is to come up with better seating options so that we didn't feel like we were in the middle of the Kroger seafood department.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return!NeversatisfiedDined on 11/15/2014The food choices were exceptional. Wasn't sure whether you could substitute the sides with the cooking styles. I partially chose my entree by the sides, nevertheless the end resulted in an enjoyable meal. A small negative, thought the food could have been served a little warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above average seafoodLullDined on 11/12/2014We had a group of seven for dinner. The service was slow. One of our party was not served with the rest of the group because her order was not processed. The restaurant did comp her check but it was disconcerting. The main problem was an excessive noise level. The restaurant was crowded and it was difficult to hear conversation at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occassion Dinnerdiner1Dined on 11/11/2014Happy birthday celebration. Our server changed my mind on what I was going to order and I enjoyed his recommendation. Wine list was adequate for the menu. Specialty drinks good. Server very attentive but not overbearing. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food.Connie0603Dined on 11/11/2014The food as always was great. We had Cobia, Salmon, Tuna steak and Chicken. Everything was delicious. Noise level too high for romance, but our group of two couples had a good time and we could all hear each other. The Tuna was a hit with everyone and my poor husband was tired of "sharing" pretty quickly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful business dinner here!FOODIECHER1VIPDined on 11/10/2014we had a wonderful dinner here Mussels great appetizer Tuna dish was delicious Our Clients were very impressed with food and server! (Brandon!!) Will happily return here for personal and well as business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM-ODianaDined on 11/7/2014Dinner was wonderful.the food was fabulous and we have such a good experience every time we come.Special Features:
- Mitchell's West ChesterRockafellaVIPDined on 10/31/2014We went for dinner, however felt the food at Lunch was excellent, a great value. We miss the salted baked potato, used to be THE BEST. Cheesecake for dessert would have been a wonderful ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner with my sonsOpenmindedDined on 10/28/2014As always we received excellent service. Two of the three of us had scallops that were a bit over cooked. Overall a very nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it use to besinglefoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014Food was disappointing, pasta was sticky, very little lobster with the pasta. Noise level was high. Staff was friendly. Location at Union Center is good because of the shopping and movies.
- food pricesandyDined on 10/25/2014The food cost to much for the small portions we recived way to much noise very crowed not classy just simple like apple bees.Special Features:
- Getting it right when it counts!NETMJMDined on 10/24/2014Mitchell's Fish Market in West Chester got it all right! I planned my father's 70th birthday dinner party at the restaurant. The sales manager made sure our group was seated in the private dining area after he and I played extended phone tag! Although we knew of the possibility that other guests might be in the private dining area, our group was so large that we had the room to ourselves. Our server was AWESOME! Jefferey handled my 17 guest affair with no hitches, no problems, and lavish compliments from our guests. The restaurant allowed us to bring in my dad's favorite dessert, hand made by a long time friend. They also took care of my table decorations which I purchased, brought to the restaurant early that day and left instructions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Food and service was great, my wife had the sea bass and I had the scampi.Special Features:
- Ok dining. Food luke warm.Cincy75Dined on 10/18/2014Took party of 7 (2 children and infant) to dinner. Waiter was friendly - but overall service was slow. (reservations were Saturday at 7:15pm). Food was slow to come out of kitchen, ended up being luke warm. But meal was tasty. Very noisy, couldn't hear my mother across the table. Overall average experience for a 200.00 dollar meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014The food was nice and service friendly and efficient. We had come to visit and catch up with friends. It was so noisy it was all but impossible to chat. Dining space was quite crowdedSpecial Features:
- EnjoyableHeisterVIPDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I enjoyed this restaurant. Ambiance is great but the food is more toward average for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinnerJsg7Dined on 10/17/2014This was our second trip to Mitchell's Fish House. I had forgotten how great the food was. I had the Chilean Sea Bass -- unbelievably good. My husband had Lobster Alfredo which he loved: almost licked the plate. We also had 1/2 dozen oysters for an appetizer, caesar salad (me) and clam chowder (DH) -- all were excellent. The prices are fairly high, but the food is excellent. Service was excellent as well. It's not a quiet, very romantic restaurant, but if you like fish and you don't live near the ocean, this is probaly as good as it gets! We would go more often, but it is a 45 minute drive from our house. Sure wish they were closer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvdining2Dined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed our dinner tremendously! I think this is one of the best seafood meals I have ever experienced. There were a group of five of us and no one had any complaint about anything. Our waitress was very friendly and gave us great service. We will definitely be back! The only negative we had was the round table they first seated us at and it was in front of the food service counter and was quite noisy and busy with servers going by. So we asked if we could move and the hostess was very gracious and gave us another table which was perfect!! To me this is what makes a great restaurant. Good food and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MitchellsLindaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great fresh fish in Cincinnati ! Nice special's cobia stuffed with crab and sea bass Cajun is always fantastic.Special Features:
- LeenieDined on 10/3/2014Always very good food the staff is friendly seem to now the menu do not hover but there when they should be Mitchell's is consistently good I have been they several times and am always satisfied which isn't easy as I find most resturants not worth the time or moneySpecial Features:
- Ok but not amazingRocketbozDined on 9/20/2014We went there for a date night on a Saturday evening. The lighting, noise level and quality of their furniture certainly is not conducive to a romantic evening. It would've been ok for a family dinner with kids. I ordered the most expensive thing on the menu, the Ultimate Seafood Trio (lobster, shrimp, scallops), which our waitress gushed over, only to find it mediocre and a tad dry. It also took over 50 minutes for our food to arrive. My date, who is a vegetarian, did not have anything to choose from other than salads. One vegetarian entree would have been nice. The sharkfin dessert, a huge concoction of ice cream, peanut butter, Oreo and nuts (?) was quite good. In conclusion, it was a decent restaurant, but not worth a return visit.Special Features:
- good dinnerDianaDined on 9/19/2014We really enjoyed our dinners and the food and service were excellent as usual. Love the West Chester locations as it is good for the suburban areas.Special Features:
- Very pleasant experiencecherry76Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent service, excellent food.Will diffidently eat here again.Special Features:
- Good dinner with kids.DinerDined on 9/13/2014Birthday dinner for gma...kids enjoyed it as well-especially when they got to touch a lobster on its way out of the tank! Staff was friendly to the kids-always appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceFlaneDined on 9/12/2014We were a group of 5 and it was a very enjoyable experience. Good food and service.Special Features:
- Make the drive to Columbus..restaurantlover45432Dined on 9/11/2014My boyfriend and I have been going to the Fish Market in Columbus for years. It has always been our go-to restaurant for special occasions. We moved to Dayton a few months ago and realized the Westchester Fish Market is closer than Columbus so we made the trip to celebrate his birthday. I always get the Seafood Americana and he gets the lobster. My dish wasn't as good as it normally is. The potatoes were not the normal fingerling potatoes. They used steak fries that weren't that crispy. The sauce tasted about the same, but the textures were different. Our server was really nice and attentive, but we'll definitely drive the extra time in the future to go to the Columbus restaurant.
- Great dining experienceFlaneDined on 9/9/2014Very good and this remains one of our favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fanieatfoodVIPDined on 9/8/2014We have been to Mitchell's a few times for celebrations, but after this experience we will be going elsewhere. We were there for almost 3 hrs, with most of the time spent waiting on food! The salads were delivered at different times, and even the entrees followed the same pattern. Some of the people in our party were about done with their entree before some received their food. We waited so long between the salads and entrees that we opened presents and everything before the food was delivered. The food was good for the most part. We asked for a to-go box for one of the entrees as it was not finished before we left and the entree never came back. This unfortunately was a very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- 40th wedding anniversary dinnerBuzz01Dined on 9/7/2014I took my wife here for our 40th wedding anniversary. I was here only once before a couple of years back, my wife had never been. The dining experience was wonderful! First of all Chase and the young lady he was training did an outstanding job with the service, food suggestions, etc... The food was excellent, reasonably priced and tasted excellent. They even surprised us with Anniversary desert!! We would definitely come back again. We also mentioned the great experience to our family and already our youngest son ( age 26 and a web designer) wants to take his special young lady there as well. Thank you so much for the memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell's West ChesterRockafellaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food, great service. We both had the 4 ounce Lobster Tail special which came with potatoes and vegetable. Salad was an add-on, we always enjoy the Granny Smith apple & spinich salad with pecans and goat cheese. Our wine was served first, and good service bringing us more. Have always enjoyed Mitchell's West Chester since it opened, and recommend it for a great dinner or lunch.Special Features:
- Just OkayKjyoungVIPDined on 9/6/20148 of us were dining together and we were given a private room which was lovely because we were getting together to discuss a possible upcoming event. We ordered - had some specific requests - like we wanted our salmon cooked medium well and 2 were sent back raw, a third meal was also sent back, was this the kitchen or waiter - don't know but the manager came in to see how everything was, at that point fine. He never apologized for the mistakes or offered maybe a dessert or appetizer on the next visit, that shocked all of us. We didn't need or want anything but his restaurant was empty on a Saturday night and there are lots of choices around - when people feel appreciated they come back.Special Features:
- Good for a special occasionLullDined on 9/3/2014We celebrated our 60th wedding anniversary with lunch at Mitchell's. The food was very good but the service could have been better. It would have helped of the server was more attentive. We still like the restaurant and wish them well on future visits. That is all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOWBoomer46Dined on 8/31/2014Took forever for the bread to be served and the food even longer.Special Features:
- CurlyDined on 8/30/2014Please keep in mind when reading our review that we do not drink therefore we can not assess the bar scene or the wine selection. We arrived for our reservation 1/2 hour early. We were accommodated immediately, seated, and got our drinks. Chase served us and his manner was knowledgeable cheerful, and professional. Service was great with enough time between courses to allow for conversation, yet quick enough to satisfying. The ambiance was up-scale casual. Prices are reasonable. The food was very good with plenty of choices. You choose your fish variety and preparation and your meal appears hot, attractive and tasting wonderful. Isn't that why one goes out to eat?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster dinnergranny4Dined on 8/30/2014Mitchell's fish Market had recent advertisement for their lobster dinner. We were seated immediately and our server there shortly after. The menu prices were reasonable, the menu selection was good. We had our drinks very quickly. I had requested no ice in my water and it arrived without ice. The bread is sourdough, which arrived warm with a nice crust. I ordered lobster and it was cooked correctly, the mash was good, did not care for the asparagus. The Seafood Americana arrived smothered in gravy. Tasted good, but gravy should be on the side. Overall a generally good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.