Mitchell's Fish Market - Cincinnati (West Chester)
9456 Waterfront Dr
West Chester, OH 45069Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Cincinnati (West Chester)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 5137795292
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00 Noon - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday, 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jon Corcoran
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: General Manager Darren McConkey 5137795292
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Cincinnati (West Chester)
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mitchell's Fish Market - Cincinnati (West Chester) reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (47)great for lunch (32)romantic (22)kid-friendly (18)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Very pleasant experiencecherry76Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent service, excellent food.Will diffidently eat here again.Special Features:
- Good dinner with kids.DinerDined on 9/13/2014Birthday dinner for gma...kids enjoyed it as well-especially when they got to touch a lobster on its way out of the tank! Staff was friendly to the kids-always appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceFlaneDined on 9/12/2014We were a group of 5 and it was a very enjoyable experience. Good food and service.Special Features:
- Make the drive to Columbus..restaurantlover45432Dined on 9/11/2014My boyfriend and I have been going to the Fish Market in Columbus for years. It has always been our go-to restaurant for special occasions. We moved to Dayton a few months ago and realized the Westchester Fish Market is closer than Columbus so we made the trip to celebrate his birthday. I always get the Seafood Americana and he gets the lobster. My dish wasn't as good as it normally is. The potatoes were not the normal fingerling potatoes. They used steak fries that weren't that crispy. The sauce tasted about the same, but the textures were different. Our server was really nice and attentive, but we'll definitely drive the extra time in the future to go to the Columbus restaurant.
- Great dining experienceFlaneDined on 9/9/2014Very good and this remains one of our favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fanieatfoodVIPDined on 9/8/2014We have been to Mitchell's a few times for celebrations, but after this experience we will be going elsewhere. We were there for almost 3 hrs, with most of the time spent waiting on food! The salads were delivered at different times, and even the entrees followed the same pattern. Some of the people in our party were about done with their entree before some received their food. We waited so long between the salads and entrees that we opened presents and everything before the food was delivered. The food was good for the most part. We asked for a to-go box for one of the entrees as it was not finished before we left and the entree never came back. This unfortunately was a very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- 40th wedding anniversary dinnerBuzz01Dined on 9/7/2014I took my wife here for our 40th wedding anniversary. I was here only once before a couple of years back, my wife had never been. The dining experience was wonderful! First of all Chase and the young lady he was training did an outstanding job with the service, food suggestions, etc... The food was excellent, reasonably priced and tasted excellent. They even surprised us with Anniversary desert!! We would definitely come back again. We also mentioned the great experience to our family and already our youngest son ( age 26 and a web designer) wants to take his special young lady there as well. Thank you so much for the memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell's West ChesterRockafellaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food, great service. We both had the 4 ounce Lobster Tail special which came with potatoes and vegetable. Salad was an add-on, we always enjoy the Granny Smith apple & spinich salad with pecans and goat cheese. Our wine was served first, and good service bringing us more. Have always enjoyed Mitchell's West Chester since it opened, and recommend it for a great dinner or lunch.Special Features:
- Just OkayKjyoungVIPDined on 9/6/20148 of us were dining together and we were given a private room which was lovely because we were getting together to discuss a possible upcoming event. We ordered - had some specific requests - like we wanted our salmon cooked medium well and 2 were sent back raw, a third meal was also sent back, was this the kitchen or waiter - don't know but the manager came in to see how everything was, at that point fine. He never apologized for the mistakes or offered maybe a dessert or appetizer on the next visit, that shocked all of us. We didn't need or want anything but his restaurant was empty on a Saturday night and there are lots of choices around - when people feel appreciated they come back.Special Features:
- Good for a special occasionLullDined on 9/3/2014We celebrated our 60th wedding anniversary with lunch at Mitchell's. The food was very good but the service could have been better. It would have helped of the server was more attentive. We still like the restaurant and wish them well on future visits. That is all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOWBoomer46Dined on 8/31/2014Took forever for the bread to be served and the food even longer.Special Features:
- CurlyDined on 8/30/2014Please keep in mind when reading our review that we do not drink therefore we can not assess the bar scene or the wine selection. We arrived for our reservation 1/2 hour early. We were accommodated immediately, seated, and got our drinks. Chase served us and his manner was knowledgeable cheerful, and professional. Service was great with enough time between courses to allow for conversation, yet quick enough to satisfying. The ambiance was up-scale casual. Prices are reasonable. The food was very good with plenty of choices. You choose your fish variety and preparation and your meal appears hot, attractive and tasting wonderful. Isn't that why one goes out to eat?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster dinnergranny4Dined on 8/30/2014Mitchell's fish Market had recent advertisement for their lobster dinner. We were seated immediately and our server there shortly after. The menu prices were reasonable, the menu selection was good. We had our drinks very quickly. I had requested no ice in my water and it arrived without ice. The bread is sourdough, which arrived warm with a nice crust. I ordered lobster and it was cooked correctly, the mash was good, did not care for the asparagus. The Seafood Americana arrived smothered in gravy. Tasted good, but gravy should be on the side. Overall a generally good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter made the nightDaveVIPDined on 8/29/2014Service at Mitchell's was outstanding, our waiter seeing a mess up by the kitchen had the forethought to make things right. It is not our first visit there, and we will continue to go on a regular basis. Thanks again for a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back on my listPickyDinerDined on 8/29/2014This visit restored my favorable view of Mitchell's. From the caesar salad with a kick to the grilled tuna with stir-fried veggies, the meal was quite tasty. Also, our server was attentive without being bothersome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerSageOne63Dined on 8/29/2014Mitchell's restaurants are well appointed, their staff excellently trained and their food amazing. We have dined at their various restaurants and they are always consistently excellent, making them one of our top choices for dining with friends.Special Features:
- Service issuesMRG82Dined on 8/29/2014It appeared that the staff wasn't clear who had various tables. We were asked after a long wait if we had been helped and then the same thing happened to the party sitting at the table next to us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014A little pricy. Would like to spend about $5.00 less for quality seafood. The sun coming through the shades hinders conversation and seeing the people across the table from you.Special Features:
- We are fish lovers.shelleyDined on 8/24/2014Love the yellow fin tuna and sea bass! Excellent!! Service was slow (about 40 mins to get our dinner on a Sunday night when there were only about 10 tables set.) The slow service is ok because the food is so good! However, the one thing to keep in mind about this place is that it is always loud...request a booth, it helps!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Very GoodFrequentDinerDined on 8/23/2014We dine here quite often and service is always consistent and prompt. Only a minor observation that stuck out...we arrived a few minutes early for our reservation and was told by the hostess that our table would be available shortly that it was being bused. After waiting 15 plus minutes and watching many that did not have reservations get seated ahead of us we approached the stand to see if we had possibly been overlooked. The hostess in a very short unfriendly tone stated "I told you that your table was being bused", after another few minutes we were seated. This is not what I expected at the hostess stand, they are usually more than cheerful and we did have reservations. I understand a 10 minute wait but not 25.Special Features:
- Awesome Evening Out!DatenightDined on 8/23/2014Everything about this place is excellent from the service to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Julie WagnerJulieDined on 8/23/2014Lobster Tails were very dry and flavorless - wedge salad was mainly just the lettuce, very skimpy on the bacon and dressing
- martydinnerfor2Dined on 8/22/2014it was very easy to make a reservation online - my wife and I had a nice dinner together - the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the sameRV9AairplaneDined on 8/22/2014Our experience was not as good at Mitchell's as in the past. The salad size and quality has decreased. The fish quality was lower. I would not recommend.
- Good againMorejanDined on 8/19/2014We always enjoy Mitchell's and it is a neighborhood place we take our out of town family.Special Features:
- 3rd VisitMitchellsReviewDined on 8/18/20143rd Visit, not disappointed, not thrilled. Not a preferred place, more like it is in the rotation when I want something different. Probably #10 on my list.
- Poor choice of table placementlaudickmmDined on 8/16/2014The food and our waiter were absolutely great, however the hostess placed our 4 party table in their "party room" followed by two Loud tables of 20 people who were having a large dinner party.. we had to basically yell at each other to have a conversation. We attempted to move but there were no tables available, nor did they pre-warn us that there was a party coming to the room. We were not compensated or anything for having to endure a loud, noisy, non-peaceful meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Servcie was below normal for this resturant, as we are fairly constant diners. The food was a tad below what we expect (lobster tails-one was tough while the other great, for example).Special Features:
- Fantastic food at Mitchell'sBarbaraloohooDined on 8/15/2014I took my friend for a birthday lunch and could not have been happier. Our professional and friendly server, Brandon, provided outstanding service. He was attentive, but didn't hover. We were impressed with the presentation and flavor of our entrees. I had the blackened salmon salad. Not only was it lovely to look at, the salmon was moist and flavorful. The spinach was dressed with a bacon and maple vinaigrette and lightly sprinkled with crunchy bacon, very thinly sliced apples, sugared pecans, and goat cheese. I asked for the "blackened" to be on the light side, and that's exactly what I got. My friend enjoyed the Sam Adams fish and chips. She especially loved the hushpuppies.Special Features:
- One of my favorite spotsCJfoodyDined on 8/3/2014We really enjoy Mitchell's and often visit for special dates. Food is always fantastic.Special Features:
- Mitchell's West ChesterRockafellaVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have wonderful dinners at Mitchell's, love the food and we purchase "big ticket items" along with wine and other $ bar items. . The restaurant can't control this, but trying to enjoy our meals between 8:30 to 10 PM with friends, while small babies and young children are screaming loudly, or running around the entire dining room yelling, is a disappointing evening. It's not our first experience of this. . When it was time for dessert, we could not bear the screaming any longer, we left to have dessert and coffee elsewhere.. . Folks, please bring your children at an earlier time, your children are tired and want to be in bed asleep by 7 PM, that is why they are crying and screaming and running around. It is not fair for anyone.Special Features:
- Incredible Customer ServiceTheresaDined on 7/28/2014I scheduled a table for 8 and 11 people showed up. Even though it was extremely busy, they not only were able to accommodate the additional people, they were sitting prior to the appointed time. This made a great beginning to a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bad serviceHarryODined on 7/26/2014No complaints on food. Server was so rushed he wanted to take our order when he first arrived at the table. Long periods of time between visits. Felt LW we were being rushed and with the high prices we were looking for a more relaxed visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small king crab legs and portions.brifroDined on 7/26/2014We were surprised at the small legs and small portions. Didn't look like king crab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I ordered the salmon, shrimp and sea scallop meal. I found the food to be just okay but nothing to write home about. My son's meal which was lobster stuffed cod had much more flavor. We also had appetizers of crab cake and their bacon wrapped BBQ shrimp. We split these and again they were okay but nothing to write home about. Just kind of bland tasting. Service was very good. I'm a bit hard of hearing and the noise level was such that I found myself asking my son to repeat himself a lot. With the cost of the meal and the taste of the food I would not go there again. Again, the food wasn't bad, just not special.
- Rushed!PapaDocDined on 7/24/2014Chose Mitchell's as our spot for our 22nd wedding anniversary... unfortunately it was just food. Trout with ginger was ok, filet mignon was overcooked, scallops were not fresh... AND our food came so fast we barely had time to talk to each other. When you order a bottle of wine, thats a sign you might stay awhile. We were in and out in an hour, on a thursday, without being asked if we were celebrating something special. Very disappointing, won't return.Special Features:
- Great for lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014Fast and friendly service at Mitchell's. Excellent food! The salmon was cooked perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2014A good place for a productive business lunch in West Chester.
- Occasional patronBobbDined on 7/22/2014It had been quite awhile since my wife and I were here last. It's a bit inconvenient from our home. We were glad to find out the food and service are still top notch. Our server, Debbie, was friendly and very efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Good FoodJagsDined on 7/19/2014We have been to Mitchells on several occasion, and fortunately always have the good fortune of getting the same server. Chase has waited on us a few times and every time no matter the amount of diners, he is efficient and very attentive. My compliments to the owners good food and terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.