Mitchell's Fish Market - Carmel
14311 Clay Terrace Blvd., Suite 100
Carmel, IN 46032Neighborhood:
Carmel / Westfield
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Carmel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 3178483474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Greg Tobin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Kylie Clouser 3178483474
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Carmel
Welcome to Mitchell’s Fish Market, located at Clay Terrace in Carmel, just 15 miles north of downtown Indianapolis. We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mitchell's Fish Market - Carmel reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)great for outdoor dining (48)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (40)great for lunch (26)romantic (25)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (11)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014Not so great this time. Had to wait for table to be cleaned, not enough bus staff. Plenty of empty tables, too many people standing around host stand when they should have helped clear tables. Order wrong either by waiter or kitchen. Meet over cooked and not prepared the way it was requested. Service only adequate. Not up the the usual food and service we have come to expect. Maybe it was just a busy off night.Special Features:
- Group diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Our group of 6 had wonderful food. Service was great. We will be back. (I would change the fries. Step it up. Bland.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not really a destinationLarryInWestfieldDined on 9/6/2014The food was a little pricey, and not really stellar. Service was pleasant, but not attentive.
- Spendy, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014My son loved the little playground close by. The food, especially my cod, was delicious. This isn't someplace if go often, due to prices, but I would go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tablesedgeDined on 8/31/2014The food was amazing. I only had the fish and chips but it was the best I have ever had. Very lightly fried and so tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but...BRSfoodieDined on 8/30/2014They have a great menu and everyone in my family enjoyed their meals but mine, ordered off the gluten free menu, was a bit bland. Our waiter was slow and non-communicative so I didn't trust my GF meal and think he may have gotten something ordered wrong. Don't get me wrong this is a great restaurant, they just aren't as prepared for gluten free folks or we just had a dud waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usual!IndyBlueCrewDined on 8/30/2014We have come to expect great things from Mitchell's, and we're never disappointed! This meal was no exception. Fantastic food, combined with attentive, friendly service at a very fair price. Can't ask for more! We ate in the bar tonight, which was a first. Good experience, not too loud.Special Features:
- Excelent experiancebluedixieDined on 8/23/2014We had an amazing dining experience. Our server 'Ben' was helpful and friendly. The food was delicious and we were very pleased to receive a free dessert since we were there celebrating our 10 year anniversary. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Birthday LunchPrincessDined on 8/22/2014We took a friend for a special birthday and our waiter made sure it was wonderful. Shhhh a well kept secret - lots of delicious lunch choices under $15 & fish tacos are under $10! Our table was evenly divided between Cobb salads and fish tacos and both excellent. There was a complimentary birthday desert for the guest of honor with 6 spoons . I have gone to Mitchell's often for dinner but forget that they are great for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeggieloverDined on 8/16/2014We normally try to make it a point not to eat at chain restaurants, but our exception is Mitchell's because of their proven track record. The food is generally well prepared and the there are no surprises, which can be a good thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday nightNightlife25Dined on 8/16/2014My co-workers and I dined on Sunday and had a blast. Our server was great and made everything fun. He recommended the seabass and it was amazing. Overall it was a lot of fun and the atmosphere was great. And I think our server was a bodybuilder which was also nice :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOMNOMCICIBlankDined on 8/14/2014Great food - never disappointing- accommodating staff- good service. Fresh fish prepared well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a repeatcindianaVIPDined on 8/14/2014twin lobster tails never disappoint & pretty good Caesar too - could be noisy if busySpecial Features:
- A Temperate August NightSantaDAVEDined on 8/13/2014It was a temperate August night when we dined at Mitchell's on a last minute "whim." We were offered Patio dining, and settled in for a very enjoyable dinner. We both ordered the drink special while we viewed the menu. We both chose the Lobster dinner-- substituting green beans for asparagus. Bread arrived; then our salads; next came the lobster entrees. Service and Food were outstanding. Very Satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceAwesomelunchDined on 8/9/2014Joshua was out server and was a great person very profetional take care everithingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Great for fresh seafood. Good selection of wines to compliment the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- big changeanniversaryDined on 8/2/2014Our previous experience over a year ago wasn't good at every level. But Mitchells redeemed themselves. Great food and service. Mitchell will go back on our restaurant rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for groupsDeltaFriendDined on 7/29/2014We had a group of 6. The service was very good. We were in a location were it was not to noisy and could hear the conversation around the table. Will definitly be back for group dinners or an evening with my special partner.Special Features:
- diner1934Dined on 7/28/2014Food and service was good but tables too close together/Special Features:
- FantasticBabsDined on 7/26/2014My sister retired & it was her birthday - so 10 of us went out to eat at Mitchell's. Easy reservations, great service, [except one rude server] & delicious food.Special Features:
- A Good RestaurantCarmelGourmetDined on 7/26/2014I hosted a party of ten people. The service was outstanding. Our cocktail orders were promptly taken and delivered. We had ample opportunity to review the menu. The waitress was present a good deal of the time, but not "pushy." Our waitress was polite and helpful with descriptions and suggestions. Most of our party enjoyed their meals. I ordered salmon with lemon butter sauce topped with lobster meat. The salmon was a bit over-cooked, and the lobster meat was chewy and tasteless. The accompanying vegetables were primarily slices of sautéed green pepper--good but not exciting. My meal was good, but not up to the standards of an expensive seafood restaurant. I have had much better fare at McCormick and Schmick's restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could have been a little betterseafoodguy1Dined on 7/26/2014grouper was just "ok:. vegies served were not good or hot. Potatoes ok. Wine very good. Service very good.Special Features:
- The food was just okay.LindahDined on 7/22/2014The restaurant was very loud despite the fact that it wasn;t very busy. Did not enjoy the food as much as I thought I would. I have not eaten here in a year or so and fodd just wasn;t as good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014Server good but very slow I guess from the kitchen.? Took one hour before food
- Wonderful food and service!LovelyLaurelDined on 7/14/2014We scheduled a family dinner for eight and were delighted to find that we had been placed in a small private room. The service was exceptional, the drinks very good, and the food was better than expected, and we have high expectations. All in all, everyone had a wonderful time and all of us enjoyed our food. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Got more than I paid forNikonosDined on 7/13/2014Rarely do you ever get anything more than you've paid for these days. But I must say, for the food, the drinks, the presentation ,and most specially the service, I certainly got a very good bargain for the price I paid. Me and wife haven't been to Mitchell's for quite sometime now. Since we were going to be in the area, we thought we'd check it out for a change. I do recall on our last visit which a few years ago, that there was really nothing bad to comment about the place. This time, I think, they took it over the top as everything was as good as any discerning diner would like to have it. We'll certainly be backSpecial Features:
- First time dinerkmhill78Dined on 7/11/2014We went in a Friday night. We had are reservations but the place had many open tables at 7 pm so I don't think you would have a long wait. The service was fantastic. Had king crab legs which were delicous. Other diners enjoyed their dishes as well. We will visit again for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty seafood.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014A so so value with ale cart pricing. Portions were okay but not exceptional. Very tasty including house salad and clam chowder. However, portion of soup was not worthy of the price. Service was responsive but not offering to replenish without having to ask, i.e. bread, waterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our 38th wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014The staff was very friendly and prompt. The restaurant itself is showing some age, especially the table. Our server was good, but when he checked back to see if we needed anything, he did not ask how our meal was. My husband had the special, cod,shrimp and one other fish with potatoes. The fish had no flavor, good or bad very bland. I gave him some of my shanghi sauce which helped. The hostess asked if everything was ok, when she found out, she felt so bad. We usually return bad food, which she said we shoud have. We were given 2 orders of carrot cake to take home, I suppose for the bad meal and or because nothing was offered such as a free dessert for a special occastion. We will still come back, this is the 1st time it wasn't great.
- just so soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014My family and I went for my mother's birthday. This was our first time and expected the food to be pretty good, considering it was rated one of the top seafood restaurants in the area. Big disappointment. The lobster was puny and undercooked; the tuna was inedible and had to be returned due to tough fibers throughout the meat; and the pasta in another dish was overcooked. Let's just say that we'll never go back.
- poor experiencejulyDined on 7/4/2014Overpriced, microwaved, old food, will not be returning. Salad and fruit smelled like old refrigerator food!Special Features:
- Just okaycelebrated22Dined on 7/3/2014Went to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Food was good. Service could've been better. Only received one glass of water throughout our meal and husband had to ask for more water. Server never came to booth next to us, they had flag down a server to take their orders. They had been seated for a good 10-15 mins. Inexcusable since the restaurant was not very busy at all. Found out after we'd left that our daughter had gone in a few hours before to make arrangements to surprise us by paying for our dinner. They had noted it with our reservation but somehow it was over looked and we were billed. She was extremely disappointed as this was going to be her gift to us. We would not choose this restaurant again based on our experience.Special Features:
- out2niteVIPDined on 7/2/2014Not a good experience, food took very. Long to be servedand wasnot hot when it finally arrived. Our server keptt making excuses and telling us meal was coming.
- Great lunchIndyDinerVIPDined on 6/29/2014My family had a great lunch here Sunday. I had the Shanghai sampler which is always my favorite. Others had fish & chips and salads, and everyone really enjoyed their food. The server did a really nice job - helpful but not too intrusive. I've been for dinner, but this was a first time for lunch. The prices were really reasonable (cheaper than dinner) which was an added bonus.Special Features:
- It was soooo good!IndyFoodieVIPDined on 6/22/2014This was my first time going there. My partner chose it for his parents to take him for his birthday dinner. Great wine and prices. The appetizers and meal was great as well be we will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014We read great reviews and were looking forward to a clean fresh dinner. Appetizers were good shrimp scampi and seared ahi tuna. Main cours was over cooked, lobster tail was rubber scallops were tough in 2 dishes. Gumbo and chowder tasted like canned boiled all day. Sea bass was flavorless. Waiter never brought sugar for coffee after asked. A $200 dollar meal after items were removed for quality and i still felt we had better food from the 2 for 10 menu at applebees.
- Nice fresh fishHashHungryVIPDined on 6/16/2014If you are in the mode for fresh fish, here is your spot. Follow the chefs lead. And the waiters know the best preparations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food FansFoodieDined on 6/15/2014We love this place! It is a great setting with great food, and good customer service!Special Features:
- Good dining experienceFirstTimeDinerDined on 6/7/2014This was my first time at Mitchell's Fish Market. At first, we were seated in the bar area where it was clear that the dining experience was not going to be ideal. We asked to be moved to the dining room and that was a much better experience. The food was good although a little expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Excellent night to Celebrate my husband 50th birthday. The Capitan's Quarters dining room was excellent for our family. If you have a group of 8 or more I strongly suggest this option. Thanks to Kendra our server for the all she did to make the night a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.