Mitchell's Fish Market - Carmel
14311 Clay Terrace Blvd., Suite 100
Carmel, IN 46032Neighborhood:
Carmel / Westfield
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Carmel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 3178483474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Greg Tobin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Kylie Clouser 3178483474
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Carmel
Welcome to Mitchell’s Fish Market, located at Clay Terrace in Carmel, just 15 miles north of downtown Indianapolis. We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mitchell's Fish Market - Carmel reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)good for groups (42)great for outdoor dining (40)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (24)great for lunch (19)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Gone Downhill FastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Slow inattentive service. Food not as good as it used to be. Two dishes were delivered luke warm. Not worth the money. Waiter asked and answered his own inquiries. Not treated like a valued customer as we used to be treated. Probably won't be back!
- Not worth it.BearsfanDined on 10/11/2014The staff was to busy cleaning around us to care about us. The place was not schedule to close for at least another hour. Food was ok... same you get anywhere and nothing special. Not worth the price at all
- My experienceGoodeatsDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I went there expecting a very special meal based on recommendations we had been given by other people. The dining experience was good, however, both our meals were delivered to the table lukewarm. The presentation of both meals were quite nice but the amount of potatoes on my plate overwhelmed the plate and although very tasty were enough for 3 people. We will definitely try the restaurant again.Special Features:
- Excellent seasonal specials!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We frequently go to Mitchells and have our standard fish selection, however this time ordered the seasonal fish specials - Seafood Feast and Butternut squash ravioli. These are our new favorites, especially the roasted seasonal vegetables of brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes and cauliflower!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualSDODOMDined on 10/11/2014This is my 5th time to Mitchell's and as always the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMarkJDined on 10/5/2014We celebrated my birthday at Mitchell's. The hostess was very polite and outgoing. She asked if we were celebrating anything and we told her a birthday and she said she would let our server know to to something special. The food was excellent as always, but the service from our waiter was not great. We ordered desert, but did not receive anything special. My wife had the waiter box up her left over dinner and carrot cake. When we got home, only the carrot cake was in the sack. On our way home the restaurant called us needing our credit card number again because the waiter did not enter it correctly into their system. If we hadn't made our reservation through open table, they would not have had access to our contact info.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor value for the money!UnhappyDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I dined there this past weekend and were less ghan satisfied. We ordered a shrimp cocktail to share which consisted of 4 shrimp for around $13. This definitely wasn't St. Elmo's. My other disappointment was the side salad I ordered with dinner. It was small and nothing special but was priced at $6.79 when my bill arrived. I mentioned that to my server to no avail. I would refrain from ordering those two items as there are a very poor value for the money.Special Features:
- Fall Harvest FeastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014The fall harvest feast (seafood sampler) was delicious. Scallops were wonderful! Had a great birthday celebration with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food and ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014This was our first time here, we were on a date night, and we were not disappointed! After searching, literally, all of the seafood restaurants in Indy and viewing menus this place by far had the most options for seafood with the best value. The food tasted wonderful, sauces were decadent, and options were endless if you love seafood. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to go to a seafood restaurant and be able to get exactly what you want and get a good amount of it at a great price. (Not like the others that offer shrimp and fish and call themselves a seafood restaurant) Taking my mom back for her birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average evening dining experiencetonyluvstodine1962Dined on 9/27/2014Visited for anniversary dinner hoping for a tasty find. We ordered the calamari as an appetizer which was rubbery. We then had the lobster fettuccine and a rib eye steak. The fettuccine was decent, how ever the steak was overcooked and didn't have much marbling . The result was a rather dry bland piece of meat. I would not recommend this restaurant which was not worth the $80 + tip
- As always a great timeWestfeldFoodiesDined on 9/27/2014We went for my wife's graduation party. We had 8 and they seated us immediately. The service was fast and friendly and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SO GOODOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Service was excellent and food was outstanding. We had a very nice time.Special Features:
- Great meal (even with kids)!TravelinFools5iiDined on 9/26/2014We had a fabulous time at dinner here...we had a reservation with a "request" for an outdoor table. Since there were 7 of us, there was only one table that would accommodate us all on the patio but the staff was great in keeping an eye on the folks finishing their meal so they could bus the table quickly and we could sit down as soon as possible. Our foodserver was attentive but not obtrusive and we enjoyed a comfortable, delicious meal. We had one small issue but the manager himself came to the table to address it and he took care of it to our satisfaction. We would definitely go back and definitely recommend Mitchell's to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ss339Dined on 9/26/2014Celebrated my daughter's birthday with family and had a great time. ThankyouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodDined on 9/24/2014I grew up and lived in New England most of my life so I know good seafood. Mitchell's was the best that I have had since I've been in IndianapolisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood delightMilanoDined on 9/20/2014Good food along with good service. Never a disappointment.Special Features:
- ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I like that there are still restaurants that don't cost a years salary to take the family to and enjoy great food and atmosphere AND get a reservation. Having an online reservation option is very efficient.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014Not so great this time. Had to wait for table to be cleaned, not enough bus staff. Plenty of empty tables, too many people standing around host stand when they should have helped clear tables. Order wrong either by waiter or kitchen. Meet over cooked and not prepared the way it was requested. Service only adequate. Not up the the usual food and service we have come to expect. Maybe it was just a busy off night.Special Features:
- Group diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Our group of 6 had wonderful food. Service was great. We will be back. (I would change the fries. Step it up. Bland.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not really a destinationLarryInWestfieldDined on 9/6/2014The food was a little pricey, and not really stellar. Service was pleasant, but not attentive.
- Spendy, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014My son loved the little playground close by. The food, especially my cod, was delicious. This isn't someplace if go often, due to prices, but I would go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tablesedgeDined on 8/31/2014The food was amazing. I only had the fish and chips but it was the best I have ever had. Very lightly fried and so tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but...BRSfoodieDined on 8/30/2014They have a great menu and everyone in my family enjoyed their meals but mine, ordered off the gluten free menu, was a bit bland. Our waiter was slow and non-communicative so I didn't trust my GF meal and think he may have gotten something ordered wrong. Don't get me wrong this is a great restaurant, they just aren't as prepared for gluten free folks or we just had a dud waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usual!IndyBlueCrewDined on 8/30/2014We have come to expect great things from Mitchell's, and we're never disappointed! This meal was no exception. Fantastic food, combined with attentive, friendly service at a very fair price. Can't ask for more! We ate in the bar tonight, which was a first. Good experience, not too loud.Special Features:
- Excelent experiancebluedixieDined on 8/23/2014We had an amazing dining experience. Our server 'Ben' was helpful and friendly. The food was delicious and we were very pleased to receive a free dessert since we were there celebrating our 10 year anniversary. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Birthday LunchPrincessDined on 8/22/2014We took a friend for a special birthday and our waiter made sure it was wonderful. Shhhh a well kept secret - lots of delicious lunch choices under $15 & fish tacos are under $10! Our table was evenly divided between Cobb salads and fish tacos and both excellent. There was a complimentary birthday desert for the guest of honor with 6 spoons . I have gone to Mitchell's often for dinner but forget that they are great for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeggieloverDined on 8/16/2014We normally try to make it a point not to eat at chain restaurants, but our exception is Mitchell's because of their proven track record. The food is generally well prepared and the there are no surprises, which can be a good thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday nightNightlife25Dined on 8/16/2014My co-workers and I dined on Sunday and had a blast. Our server was great and made everything fun. He recommended the seabass and it was amazing. Overall it was a lot of fun and the atmosphere was great. And I think our server was a bodybuilder which was also nice :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOMNOMCICIBlankDined on 8/14/2014Great food - never disappointing- accommodating staff- good service. Fresh fish prepared well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a repeatcindianaVIPDined on 8/14/2014twin lobster tails never disappoint & pretty good Caesar too - could be noisy if busySpecial Features:
- A Temperate August NightSantaDAVEDined on 8/13/2014It was a temperate August night when we dined at Mitchell's on a last minute "whim." We were offered Patio dining, and settled in for a very enjoyable dinner. We both ordered the drink special while we viewed the menu. We both chose the Lobster dinner-- substituting green beans for asparagus. Bread arrived; then our salads; next came the lobster entrees. Service and Food were outstanding. Very Satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceAwesomelunchDined on 8/9/2014Joshua was out server and was a great person very profetional take care everithingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Great for fresh seafood. Good selection of wines to compliment the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- big changeanniversaryDined on 8/2/2014Our previous experience over a year ago wasn't good at every level. But Mitchells redeemed themselves. Great food and service. Mitchell will go back on our restaurant rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for groupsDeltaFriendDined on 7/29/2014We had a group of 6. The service was very good. We were in a location were it was not to noisy and could hear the conversation around the table. Will definitly be back for group dinners or an evening with my special partner.Special Features:
- diner1934Dined on 7/28/2014Food and service was good but tables too close together/Special Features:
- FantasticBabsDined on 7/26/2014My sister retired & it was her birthday - so 10 of us went out to eat at Mitchell's. Easy reservations, great service, [except one rude server] & delicious food.Special Features:
- A Good RestaurantCarmelGourmetDined on 7/26/2014I hosted a party of ten people. The service was outstanding. Our cocktail orders were promptly taken and delivered. We had ample opportunity to review the menu. The waitress was present a good deal of the time, but not "pushy." Our waitress was polite and helpful with descriptions and suggestions. Most of our party enjoyed their meals. I ordered salmon with lemon butter sauce topped with lobster meat. The salmon was a bit over-cooked, and the lobster meat was chewy and tasteless. The accompanying vegetables were primarily slices of sautéed green pepper--good but not exciting. My meal was good, but not up to the standards of an expensive seafood restaurant. I have had much better fare at McCormick and Schmick's restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could have been a little betterseafoodguy1Dined on 7/26/2014grouper was just "ok:. vegies served were not good or hot. Potatoes ok. Wine very good. Service very good.Special Features:
- The food was just okay.LindahDined on 7/22/2014The restaurant was very loud despite the fact that it wasn;t very busy. Did not enjoy the food as much as I thought I would. I have not eaten here in a year or so and fodd just wasn;t as good.