Mitchell's Fish Market - Carmel
14311 Clay Terrace Blvd., Suite 100
Carmel, IN 46032Neighborhood:
Carmel / Westfield
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Carmel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: (317) 848-3474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Greg Tobin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Kylie Clouser 3178483474
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Carmel
Welcome to Mitchell’s Fish Market, located at Clay Terrace in Carmel, just 15 miles north of downtown Indianapolis. We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mitchell's Fish Market - Carmel reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)good for groups (43)fit for foodies (41)great for outdoor dining (36)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (27)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (7)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- A Gem ResterauntOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2014Romantic atmosphere, great bar for happy hour drinks, out-of-bound food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good sea foodDining5Dined on 11/17/2014Mitchell's seafood restaurant does not seem like a national chain but much more like an independent entry with a food chef specializing in sea food. I enjoyed the hoisin glazed salmon with rice and stir fried vegetables. The wind list was good with some reasonable priced items. Very nice bar with a good cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- executive placeAwesomelunchDined on 11/12/2014i went with my wife to celebrate my birthday, and like every time great place, food , environment excellent , our server ( Melanie ) great girl in everything those moment make people like us come back again thanks !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Mitchell's is always a favorite with us. The food was superb, as always and our waiter saw to our every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarlaDined on 11/7/2014This restaurant was wonderful, as usual. Pricey, but worth it. CarlaSpecial Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/2/2014This was our first time at Mitchell's but it definitely won't be our last. We can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Don't enjoy the TVs in the barLinnySue1Dined on 11/2/2014Service was a bit slow; mix up in who had our table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Dinner was great! Our reservations were at 7, we ended up showing up at 630, and was able to be seated at then, that was really nice!Special Features:
- Food & atmosphere were perfectKTandPTDined on 10/31/2014Eric was an excellent waiter. Great crispy shrimp appetizer. Beer battered shrimp and Chilean Sea Bass were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Great...Not Even GoodSouthernCross3Dined on 10/25/2014Our server was very inexperienced and the food came out cold. Very unimaginative menu.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2014Love to go there can count on good food and service. Usually have new items to try as well as some standard such as spinach and goat cheese salad which is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done!girlsnightoutDined on 10/24/2014A couple of friends and I celebrated our birthdays with you, and we were impressed with your knowledgeable and competent service, the quality as well as your expertise in preparing the variety of seafood we ordered and the pleasant atmosphere. My only complaint was that the shang hai style I ordered was sooooo sweet--way sweeter than I anticipated. The salmon, scallops and shrimp that we ordered were cooked to perfection, though. I just was not prepared for such a syrupy sauce. Next time, I'll steer clear of that dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in food and serviceJanet102114Dined on 10/21/2014I selected Mitchell's to bring a candidate for an interview. I used to go to Mitchell's often but hadn't been there in a couple of years. I was disappointed in my seafood cobb salad. Very little lettuce and was rather bland. I had to ask for the waiter to bring us bread. He was very inattentive and appeared we were more of a bother to him than him wanting to serve us. I noticed the table tops had much of the finish worn off. All I can say is it was a big disappointment from the early years of being in Clay Terrace.
- Very accomodating and great foodMommabootsDined on 10/19/2014We had a party of nine including three children and as requested we were placed in a more out of the way spot. Really appreciate that my request was noted. Wait staff was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone Downhill FastHoosierHoopsDined on 10/18/2014Slow inattentive service. Food not as good as it used to be. Two dishes were delivered luke warm. Not worth the money. Waiter asked and answered his own inquiries. Not treated like a valued customer as we used to be treated. Probably won't be back!
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014Lobster tails were excellent as was my husband's Salmon. Great wine list. Free dessert for my birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it.BearsfanDined on 10/11/2014The staff was to busy cleaning around us to care about us. The place was not schedule to close for at least another hour. Food was ok... same you get anywhere and nothing special. Not worth the price at all
- My experienceGoodeatsDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I went there expecting a very special meal based on recommendations we had been given by other people. The dining experience was good, however, both our meals were delivered to the table lukewarm. The presentation of both meals were quite nice but the amount of potatoes on my plate overwhelmed the plate and although very tasty were enough for 3 people. We will definitely try the restaurant again.Special Features:
- Excellent seasonal specials!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We frequently go to Mitchells and have our standard fish selection, however this time ordered the seasonal fish specials - Seafood Feast and Butternut squash ravioli. These are our new favorites, especially the roasted seasonal vegetables of brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes and cauliflower!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualSDODOMDined on 10/11/2014This is my 5th time to Mitchell's and as always the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMarkJDined on 10/5/2014We celebrated my birthday at Mitchell's. The hostess was very polite and outgoing. She asked if we were celebrating anything and we told her a birthday and she said she would let our server know to to something special. The food was excellent as always, but the service from our waiter was not great. We ordered desert, but did not receive anything special. My wife had the waiter box up her left over dinner and carrot cake. When we got home, only the carrot cake was in the sack. On our way home the restaurant called us needing our credit card number again because the waiter did not enter it correctly into their system. If we hadn't made our reservation through open table, they would not have had access to our contact info.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor value for the money!UnhappyDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I dined there this past weekend and were less ghan satisfied. We ordered a shrimp cocktail to share which consisted of 4 shrimp for around $13. This definitely wasn't St. Elmo's. My other disappointment was the side salad I ordered with dinner. It was small and nothing special but was priced at $6.79 when my bill arrived. I mentioned that to my server to no avail. I would refrain from ordering those two items as there are a very poor value for the money.Special Features:
- Fall Harvest FeastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014The fall harvest feast (seafood sampler) was delicious. Scallops were wonderful! Had a great birthday celebration with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food and ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014This was our first time here, we were on a date night, and we were not disappointed! After searching, literally, all of the seafood restaurants in Indy and viewing menus this place by far had the most options for seafood with the best value. The food tasted wonderful, sauces were decadent, and options were endless if you love seafood. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to go to a seafood restaurant and be able to get exactly what you want and get a good amount of it at a great price. (Not like the others that offer shrimp and fish and call themselves a seafood restaurant) Taking my mom back for her birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average evening dining experiencetonyluvstodine1962Dined on 9/27/2014Visited for anniversary dinner hoping for a tasty find. We ordered the calamari as an appetizer which was rubbery. We then had the lobster fettuccine and a rib eye steak. The fettuccine was decent, how ever the steak was overcooked and didn't have much marbling . The result was a rather dry bland piece of meat. I would not recommend this restaurant which was not worth the $80 + tip
- As always a great timeWestfeldFoodiesDined on 9/27/2014We went for my wife's graduation party. We had 8 and they seated us immediately. The service was fast and friendly and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SO GOODOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Service was excellent and food was outstanding. We had a very nice time.Special Features:
- Great meal (even with kids)!TravelinFools5iiDined on 9/26/2014We had a fabulous time at dinner here...we had a reservation with a "request" for an outdoor table. Since there were 7 of us, there was only one table that would accommodate us all on the patio but the staff was great in keeping an eye on the folks finishing their meal so they could bus the table quickly and we could sit down as soon as possible. Our foodserver was attentive but not obtrusive and we enjoyed a comfortable, delicious meal. We had one small issue but the manager himself came to the table to address it and he took care of it to our satisfaction. We would definitely go back and definitely recommend Mitchell's to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ss339Dined on 9/26/2014Celebrated my daughter's birthday with family and had a great time. ThankyouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodDined on 9/24/2014I grew up and lived in New England most of my life so I know good seafood. Mitchell's was the best that I have had since I've been in IndianapolisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood delightMilanoDined on 9/20/2014Good food along with good service. Never a disappointment.Special Features:
- ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I like that there are still restaurants that don't cost a years salary to take the family to and enjoy great food and atmosphere AND get a reservation. Having an online reservation option is very efficient.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014Not so great this time. Had to wait for table to be cleaned, not enough bus staff. Plenty of empty tables, too many people standing around host stand when they should have helped clear tables. Order wrong either by waiter or kitchen. Meet over cooked and not prepared the way it was requested. Service only adequate. Not up the the usual food and service we have come to expect. Maybe it was just a busy off night.Special Features:
- Group diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Our group of 6 had wonderful food. Service was great. We will be back. (I would change the fries. Step it up. Bland.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not really a destinationLarryInWestfieldDined on 9/6/2014The food was a little pricey, and not really stellar. Service was pleasant, but not attentive.
- Spendy, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014My son loved the little playground close by. The food, especially my cod, was delicious. This isn't someplace if go often, due to prices, but I would go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tablesedgeDined on 8/31/2014The food was amazing. I only had the fish and chips but it was the best I have ever had. Very lightly fried and so tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but...BRSfoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014They have a great menu and everyone in my family enjoyed their meals but mine, ordered off the gluten free menu, was a bit bland. Our waiter was slow and non-communicative so I didn't trust my GF meal and think he may have gotten something ordered wrong. Don't get me wrong this is a great restaurant, they just aren't as prepared for gluten free folks or we just had a dud waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usual!IndyBlueCrewDined on 8/30/2014We have come to expect great things from Mitchell's, and we're never disappointed! This meal was no exception. Fantastic food, combined with attentive, friendly service at a very fair price. Can't ask for more! We ate in the bar tonight, which was a first. Good experience, not too loud.Special Features:
- Excelent experiancebluedixieDined on 8/23/2014We had an amazing dining experience. Our server 'Ben' was helpful and friendly. The food was delicious and we were very pleased to receive a free dessert since we were there celebrating our 10 year anniversary. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.