Mitchell's Fish Market - Brookfield
275 North Moorland Road
Brookfield, WI 53005Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Brookfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 2627892426
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jason Cole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Sean Garrett 2627892426
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Brookfield
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Mitchell's Fish Market - Brookfield - Best Restaurants in Brookfield ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Brookfield reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)fit for foodies (45)great for lunch (38)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (23)notable wine list (17)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Sweetest DaySteveDined on 10/18/2014Sweetest day dinner, and it was great. We returned here as it was where we had our first date. We had beer battered shrimp, and the crab cakes. Both were good, but the desserts stole the show! The carrot cake was massive, and the chocolate was delicious! The carrot cake was also delicious! The service was also top notch, overall a very good experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Great, attentive service. Delicous food. Ample parking.Special Features:
- dinner with the ladieseatoutmoreDined on 10/17/2014It was on short notice we decided to dine out. We used Urbansppon to find available resturants in the area. Service was outstanding and the Fall menu had great choices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Finally a good seafood restaurant in the Milwaukee area. Four of us dined and each had a different meal that was very good. They served Cobia which I rarely see on menus although it was "open sea" farm raised. I had the lobster tails which weren't over cooked although the mussel appetizer was over cooked as they are in most places. Very good and knowledgeable service staff, overall service was excellent. We drove an hour and 45 minutes to get there and it was worth the drive.Special Features:
- MaryVIPDined on 10/13/2014We had oysters - excellent. We also got a spicy shrimp with rice and cucumber salad, however they changed a recipe. It used to be perfect, but now it is milled and not tasteful at all. Other people said the same. They should go back to the original recipe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014Had to ask for our bar appetizer to be delivered after waiting 15 minutes, asked twice for water that never came to the table, food was average, Scallops were over cooked and shrimp were under cooked. Wont be going back after dropping $100.
- KathyDined on 10/10/2014Our entrees were really good and our server was excellent. Had a problem with our dessert portion - crème brule. Portion was put in a longer style dish and you had very little crème and lots more of the sugar on top. We felt we were just eating sugar. Used to be in a smaller container which would heighten the crème portion of the dessert but they now have it in a longer bowl that disappoints creme brule lovers like us. Discussed with the manager and it seems to be a decision coming from HQ. We won't be ordering it again there. This however will not keep us from going back as we like to eat here. Just will make a different choice for dessert.Special Features:
- Good but very expensiveNurseSueGregDined on 10/10/2014Thought $12 for 4 shrimp cocktail was very expensive. Tasted good and liked two sauces but $3 a shrimp? Tabasco sauce in shrimp pasta was not detectable at all so a dish hoped to be tasty was a little bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014We had a great time. It was our first visit there and the ambience was great, and the food was delicious...sadly no leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysTigerflyDined on 10/2/2014Always delicious. Great service. We came for our 10th anniversary (we visit this restaurant a lot) and were surprised by the Happy 10th Anniversary printed on our menus. How cute! We were offered a free dessert from the Special Occasions menu...although pitifully small for two people to share, it tasted good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and foodNickNaimDined on 10/2/2014Good overall experience and i would go back without hesitation. I have eaten here a few times and the food is consistent and the service is always professional. Highly recommend the meomi Pinot noir.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice staff, good foodtcbsfrDined on 9/30/2014From the hostess to the wait staff, all were pleasant and happy to help us. The food was very good and was more than enough. I had a seafood trio of shrimp, lobster tail, and scallops. The lobster and scallops were tasty and prepared well (no chewy lobster or raw scallops). The shrimp were cooked, but flavorless, should have been grilled, they appeared lightly cooked on a skewer without any seasonings. Other than that, everything else was tasty and fresh tasting. Prices were reasonable for the food we selected. We had a business dinner and the lighting and ease of conversation was conducive to conducting our business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Mitchell'sCyndiaDined on 9/20/2014I had reservations for a friend's birthday, however, we needed to cancel. I looked for a way to cancel the reservation via open table and was unsuccessful. I hate that I didn't cancel like I should have, but I have always had great food and service at Mitchell's so to make up for my error, I'm giving them a plug. They have always taken care of me and my guests. I'm looking forward to dining there in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not RushedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Enjoyed our lunch - portions were just right, and because it was lunch, didn't feel rushed to leave and open up table for more guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently goodWillowDined on 9/18/2014I'm not a huge fan of fish, but I always enjoy my meal here. Go figure. The food and service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsgrinnyDined on 9/15/2014Fantastic selection of fresh seafood, cooked to perfection with outstanding accoutrements, delivered by attentive staff is a recipe for success. The menu flexibility-being able to sample three different fish was undertaken by most at our table. Wish we had one in Minnesota. Pricing was a good value as well.Special Features:
- casual diningRepnightDined on 9/13/2014The service was very good but it was too noisy to have a reasonable conversation.Special Features:
- Date NightRobbDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I needed a last minute place when our kids had other activities and Mitchell's is always a great option! Thanks for a lovely meal!Special Features:
- Nordi22Dined on 8/29/2014So thankful for this restaurant. Great fresh seafood. The king crab legs melt in your mouth. The chocolate cake was decadent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been better...PeteandfamilyDined on 8/25/2014First off our server was amazing and was very understanding of children and how they complicate a dining experience. One of my lobster tails was mushy and three spears of asparagus was quite disappointing. Kids meals were great and dessert was amazing. Overall good but for the price could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over the topYummyDined on 8/23/2014I took my father to Mitchell's for his B-day and they sat us in a nice booth not to close to the kitchen, just as I had requested. They also had menu's made up especially for him that said "Happy Birthday" on the top! Our waitress acknowledged the fact that it was his b-day too. The food was very good. My mom and Dad both had lobster and my boyfriend and I had the steak and lobster. The lobster melted in your mouth. I felt that the steak was rushed when it was cooked tho cuz of too much searing, which left it a little dry, but was still good. The setting in the restaurant wasn't too loud and was quite pleasant. I will definitely be going back again! Thank you Mitchell's for an awesome dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averagebrandyDined on 8/23/2014Price was average. My fellow dinner was disappointed in the size of his entree. My tomato and enough salad with bleu cheese was flavorless. The Chilean sea bass also didn't gave much flavor, tho the spinach was delightful. I'm glad we had gift certificates.Special Features:
- Wonderful staff but bewarekevmanDined on 8/23/2014My husband and myself had planned a 17 year wedding anniversary dinner here. Great staff but there was a sewage odor that wafted from time to time which made it difficult to enjoy our romantic dinner. I did mention this to our waitress and she had the manager talk with us. He stated that there were some renovations to correct this problem but unfortunately it still exits. He also offered to re seat us but couldn't guarantee that the smell wouldn't still continue. I've never been to this restaurant before and absolutely love seafood but until this issue is resolved permanently I won't be back. Also the lobster and steak skewers were both over cooked and chewy. So great staff but not impressed with the rest.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dinner and Service!ChrisTomDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Mitchell's Fish Market to celebrate his birthday. It was a beautiful summer evening so we sat outside on the patio ... and even though Mitchell's is in a mall, it felt private and quiet. My husband had a special that included a salad, tenderloin skewers, small lobster tail and creme brulee for dessert for a super reasonable price. I had the cedar planked salmon as a dinner entree. Both meals were exceptional and the creme brulee was some of the best we've ever had. Our server, Grace, was awesome as well ... she was warm, yet professional and took the time to make sure everything was perfect. We will definitely be back ... they provide a great value, selection and outstanding food and service.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Our server was fantastic. He was so attentive. We were able to have a great meal even with our 2 year old (which can sometimes be hard). He made sure to have her food come out right away. We will be back!Special Features:
- A little priceySalmon12Dined on 8/15/2014At $16.95 we had the fish fry, although it was good to pricey to replace my usual Friday fish fry spot.Special Features:
- We go to this location often.Dast14Dined on 8/12/2014It can be hit or miss. Typically the food is very good and so is the service.Special Features:
- Great NitesteaksRusDined on 8/8/2014Took another couple with us to Mitchell's. Asked for a nice booth on Open Table as we were bringing our friends. Got a booth in front of the kitchen which made it a little noisy but not terrible in any way. Food was excellent Love that you can chose your "style" of fish. If you want to take some dessert home, order the carrot cake. It is about seven layers tall and a lot of cake. It was to die for which included the yummy cream cheese frosting. Would do it all over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doofieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Great drinks, lobster and salmon. Rib eye and tips ok. Service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterfestDeanVaderDined on 8/4/2014The twin lobster tail special was fantastic. I tend to avoid "specials" as they often disappoint. This special was fantastic. We each rounded out the generous special with a side salad. At Mitchell's, my fav is always the wedge. Crisp, old fresh and delicious. The smashed potatoes and steamed asparagus were both prepared to perfection. Our server, Brandon, was experienced and his timing was impeccable. Overall it was an incredibly enjoyable dining experience. Mitchell's is always a favorite for me and the drive is well worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualYouthinkofanameDined on 8/4/2014This was not our first time here but they have been consistently good each time we come. They are very accommodating to both our wishes for seating and modifying the food. We also modify service. Even with all these changes in their usual format, they come through for us with flying colors. **I might make a recommendation to all the customers out there to PLEASE refrain from drowning in your perfume, men's cologne, etc. If I can smell it 4 feet away, it's too strong. Unfortunately, I could still smell it this time 8 feet away! I would like to smell my food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great chain for seafoodyummmDined on 7/31/2014Never have been disappointed in Mitchell's Fish Market. Consistent good service and wonderful fresh seafood.Special Features:
- Great cuisineArnieDined on 7/23/2014Our party of 8 was very pleased. Many had been here previously, but 2 were new to the experience. All enjoyed their selections very much. My daily special of lobster tails was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!FoodieVIPDined on 7/14/2014We opted to try the Monday night special of twin lobster tails. They were just the right size with the red potatoes and asparagus. We also had the lobster bisque soup. Two of us had it - one of them was very thin, the other was very thick. They must have came from two different pots. Not a lot of lobster in them however. Cannot compare to Ward's or Capital Grille. Creme brulee for dessert was very good.Special Features:
- KathyDined on 7/14/2014Twin Lobster tail special going on right now on Monday's is fantastic. Our lobster tails were nice sized, hot, and seasoned well. Always enjoy the creme brulee for dessert, and the calamari appetizer is so good but seeing some inconsistency lately with portion sizes. Need to change up veggie options for meals. Possibly offer options as asparagus seems to be the go to. Love asparagus, but would like options as we come here frequently. Red skin potatoes - very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUSTracyDined on 7/12/2014We had a wonderful time and a great meal!!!! The food was outstanding...the best meal I have had in a restaurant in a long time. The service was also very good and the restaurant was very clean and attractive. We will be back and I have already told some friends they must go.......Special Features:
- Always very good, or betterWichirDined on 7/12/2014We went to Mitchell's for an early dinner at 5pm on Saturday, ahead of the usual crowd. The service is always outstanding; we were seated promptly and placed our drink orders right away. The wine and beer choices are always good. The crispy calamari starter was good, but not very crispy; there was plenty for 3 of us to share. Our entrees included 2 Shang Hai shrimp, salmon and scallops; however, both diners opted out of the scallops for more shrimp. That entrée was deemed to be very good. I had the shrimp and pasta special which was outstanding; the garlic was "just right" and there were ample shrimp. For dessert, the best we could do was to share an Oreo sundae, which included a candle--compliments of Mitchell's since it was my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/8/2014Limited menu, pricey. Food is ok, nothing special. Service was great, but wouldn't rush back.Special Features:
- saturday night dinnerhereicomeDined on 7/5/2014we had a delicious dinner Saturday night. the waitor gave us good suggestions. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great value Great meallobsterloversDined on 7/4/2014We often get offers in emails and some aren't they really offer or they just fall flat, but this offer of Summer Catch which gave us lobster or crab legs or shrimp skewers was just great! Staff is always wonderful even with the FIFA games being shown in the bar but the food was the shining star of the day. What a value to be able to choose perfectly done lobster or skewers of tasty shrimp to make the meal truly outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.