Mitchell's Fish Market - Brookfield
275 North Moorland Road
Brookfield, WI 53005Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Brookfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 2627892426
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jason Cole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Sean Garrett 2627892426
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Brookfield
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Mitchell's Fish Market - Brookfield - Best Restaurants in Brookfield ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Brookfield reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)great for lunch (40)fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (33)romantic (18)notable wine list (16)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)Show More
- Date NightRobbDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I needed a last minute place when our kids had other activities and Mitchell's is always a great option! Thanks for a lovely meal!Special Features:
- Nordi22Dined on 8/29/2014So thankful for this restaurant. Great fresh seafood. The king crab legs melt in your mouth. The chocolate cake was decadent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been better...PeteandfamilyDined on 8/25/2014First off our server was amazing and was very understanding of children and how they complicate a dining experience. One of my lobster tails was mushy and three spears of asparagus was quite disappointing. Kids meals were great and dessert was amazing. Overall good but for the price could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over the topYummyDined on 8/23/2014I took my father to Mitchell's for his B-day and they sat us in a nice booth not to close to the kitchen, just as I had requested. They also had menu's made up especially for him that said "Happy Birthday" on the top! Our waitress acknowledged the fact that it was his b-day too. The food was very good. My mom and Dad both had lobster and my boyfriend and I had the steak and lobster. The lobster melted in your mouth. I felt that the steak was rushed when it was cooked tho cuz of too much searing, which left it a little dry, but was still good. The setting in the restaurant wasn't too loud and was quite pleasant. I will definitely be going back again! Thank you Mitchell's for an awesome dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averagebrandyDined on 8/23/2014Price was average. My fellow dinner was disappointed in the size of his entree. My tomato and enough salad with bleu cheese was flavorless. The Chilean sea bass also didn't gave much flavor, tho the spinach was delightful. I'm glad we had gift certificates.Special Features:
- Wonderful staff but bewarekevmanDined on 8/23/2014My husband and myself had planned a 17 year wedding anniversary dinner here. Great staff but there was a sewage odor that wafted from time to time which made it difficult to enjoy our romantic dinner. I did mention this to our waitress and she had the manager talk with us. He stated that there were some renovations to correct this problem but unfortunately it still exits. He also offered to re seat us but couldn't guarantee that the smell wouldn't still continue. I've never been to this restaurant before and absolutely love seafood but until this issue is resolved permanently I won't be back. Also the lobster and steak skewers were both over cooked and chewy. So great staff but not impressed with the rest.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dinner and Service!ChrisTomDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Mitchell's Fish Market to celebrate his birthday. It was a beautiful summer evening so we sat outside on the patio ... and even though Mitchell's is in a mall, it felt private and quiet. My husband had a special that included a salad, tenderloin skewers, small lobster tail and creme brulee for dessert for a super reasonable price. I had the cedar planked salmon as a dinner entree. Both meals were exceptional and the creme brulee was some of the best we've ever had. Our server, Grace, was awesome as well ... she was warm, yet professional and took the time to make sure everything was perfect. We will definitely be back ... they provide a great value, selection and outstanding food and service.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Our server was fantastic. He was so attentive. We were able to have a great meal even with our 2 year old (which can sometimes be hard). He made sure to have her food come out right away. We will be back!Special Features:
- A little priceySalmon12Dined on 8/15/2014At $16.95 we had the fish fry, although it was good to pricey to replace my usual Friday fish fry spot.Special Features:
- We go to this location often.Dast14Dined on 8/12/2014It can be hit or miss. Typically the food is very good and so is the service.Special Features:
- Great NitesteaksRusDined on 8/8/2014Took another couple with us to Mitchell's. Asked for a nice booth on Open Table as we were bringing our friends. Got a booth in front of the kitchen which made it a little noisy but not terrible in any way. Food was excellent Love that you can chose your "style" of fish. If you want to take some dessert home, order the carrot cake. It is about seven layers tall and a lot of cake. It was to die for which included the yummy cream cheese frosting. Would do it all over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doofieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Great drinks, lobster and salmon. Rib eye and tips ok. Service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterfestDeanVaderDined on 8/4/2014The twin lobster tail special was fantastic. I tend to avoid "specials" as they often disappoint. This special was fantastic. We each rounded out the generous special with a side salad. At Mitchell's, my fav is always the wedge. Crisp, old fresh and delicious. The smashed potatoes and steamed asparagus were both prepared to perfection. Our server, Brandon, was experienced and his timing was impeccable. Overall it was an incredibly enjoyable dining experience. Mitchell's is always a favorite for me and the drive is well worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualYouthinkofanameDined on 8/4/2014This was not our first time here but they have been consistently good each time we come. They are very accommodating to both our wishes for seating and modifying the food. We also modify service. Even with all these changes in their usual format, they come through for us with flying colors. **I might make a recommendation to all the customers out there to PLEASE refrain from drowning in your perfume, men's cologne, etc. If I can smell it 4 feet away, it's too strong. Unfortunately, I could still smell it this time 8 feet away! I would like to smell my food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great chain for seafoodyummmDined on 7/31/2014Never have been disappointed in Mitchell's Fish Market. Consistent good service and wonderful fresh seafood.Special Features:
- Great cuisineArnieDined on 7/23/2014Our party of 8 was very pleased. Many had been here previously, but 2 were new to the experience. All enjoyed their selections very much. My daily special of lobster tails was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!FoodieVIPDined on 7/14/2014We opted to try the Monday night special of twin lobster tails. They were just the right size with the red potatoes and asparagus. We also had the lobster bisque soup. Two of us had it - one of them was very thin, the other was very thick. They must have came from two different pots. Not a lot of lobster in them however. Cannot compare to Ward's or Capital Grille. Creme brulee for dessert was very good.Special Features:
- KathyDined on 7/14/2014Twin Lobster tail special going on right now on Monday's is fantastic. Our lobster tails were nice sized, hot, and seasoned well. Always enjoy the creme brulee for dessert, and the calamari appetizer is so good but seeing some inconsistency lately with portion sizes. Need to change up veggie options for meals. Possibly offer options as asparagus seems to be the go to. Love asparagus, but would like options as we come here frequently. Red skin potatoes - very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUSTracyDined on 7/12/2014We had a wonderful time and a great meal!!!! The food was outstanding...the best meal I have had in a restaurant in a long time. The service was also very good and the restaurant was very clean and attractive. We will be back and I have already told some friends they must go.......Special Features:
- Always very good, or betterWichirDined on 7/12/2014We went to Mitchell's for an early dinner at 5pm on Saturday, ahead of the usual crowd. The service is always outstanding; we were seated promptly and placed our drink orders right away. The wine and beer choices are always good. The crispy calamari starter was good, but not very crispy; there was plenty for 3 of us to share. Our entrees included 2 Shang Hai shrimp, salmon and scallops; however, both diners opted out of the scallops for more shrimp. That entrée was deemed to be very good. I had the shrimp and pasta special which was outstanding; the garlic was "just right" and there were ample shrimp. For dessert, the best we could do was to share an Oreo sundae, which included a candle--compliments of Mitchell's since it was my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/8/2014Limited menu, pricey. Food is ok, nothing special. Service was great, but wouldn't rush back.Special Features:
- saturday night dinnerhereicomeDined on 7/5/2014we had a delicious dinner Saturday night. the waitor gave us good suggestions. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great value Great meallobsterloversDined on 7/4/2014We often get offers in emails and some aren't they really offer or they just fall flat, but this offer of Summer Catch which gave us lobster or crab legs or shrimp skewers was just great! Staff is always wonderful even with the FIFA games being shown in the bar but the food was the shining star of the day. What a value to be able to choose perfectly done lobster or skewers of tasty shrimp to make the meal truly outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GorksterDined on 6/29/2014We had a party of 4 and everyones food was warm and outstanding, the drinks too were very good and a lot to choose from, we highly recommend this place !Special Features:
- Bad experienceItisIDined on 6/28/2014When we entered we noticed an unpleasant odor in the restaurant which persisted throughout most of the meal. Our server was less than attentive. It took her awhile to acknowledge that we were there and bring us water. She did not check on us after our food was served by another person until we were almost halfway through the meal, and she did not refill the water. I ordered the beer battered shrimp which was flavorless. The french fries were the best part of the meal. My wife had broiled cod which she said was over-cooked and wasn't as good as that served at Long John Silver's. Her vegetables were barely cooked and were not even warm. We will not be back.I
- A Great Saturday Night DinnerbostonvisitorDined on 6/28/2014We just happened to be at Brookfield Square and decided to return to Mitchell's Fish Market. The food was great and so was the service. We had the mussels appetizer and split the special shrimp entrée which was great for smaller appetites. We paired it with the house Pino Grigio which was also very good. This was my 2nd visit to Mitchell's and I was very satisfied both times.Special Features:
- Good food, OK serviceBirthdayCelebrantsDined on 6/26/2014I've been to Mitchell's many times and have found that more often than not I get very good food or very good service but rarely both. This occasion was good food, which is more important. But the place wasn't busy, yet everything took a long time. Our waiter only asked how things were when we were almost finished, and even then asked as he was passing, never stopping. As we were celebrating 2 birthdays and ordered dessert, he did give us a discount on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- comfortable outdoor diningEddieVIPDined on 6/23/2014Mitchell's has a comfortable covered outdoor dining area on the north side of the building so that it is possible to enjoy al fresco dining without sitting in direct sunlight. Food and service are consistently very good.Special Features:
- Business MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014Have been to Mitchell's several times. The servers are knowledgeable and attentive. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TinyjdgtDined on 6/20/2014We have been to Mitchell's before, but the portions we were served were extremely small. The food we had was very good, but we did not leave feeling satisfied. Our waiter was not at all attentive to our table. We had to flag him down for everything. Very disappointing.
- Fresh fish8640CHCDined on 6/20/2014Wonderful crab cakes. Full of flavor, not too much breading. My husband had the whitefish which had many layers of flavor and he said was terrific and cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spicyladyDined on 6/20/2014Very good service by our waiter. We were greeted warmly, and seated promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd timeJonto2255Dined on 6/14/2014Outstanding!!!!!!!!! Prefect!!! As good if not better than the first time we went. Thank youSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014I have been to Mitchells many times and normally have a very enjoyable, consistent experience. Not so this time. The service was the worst I have ever experienced -- unfilled water glasses, slow on the bill and then errors on it as well. The server did not even know the menu well enough to understand which entrees came with salads and which didn't. Overall, disappointing.
- Love Mitchell's Fish Market!ErikaDined on 6/7/2014I really enjoy dining at Mitchell's Fish Market. The food is delicious. On this visit, I had the lobster tails and thought the price was a good deal for the quality and quantity of food I received. I would definitely recommend this place and looking forward to trying out a brunch sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placegrogDined on 5/29/2014Great food. Excellent staff. My party was treated with prompt service, but not rushed and enjoyed a long evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slight glitch...PlavisDined on 5/24/2014Not sure where the problem originated but, approximately three hours before our reservation time and about the same amount of time after I made the reservation through Open Table, I received a call from the restaurant inquiring if in fact we had reserved for a group of 31. I assured them that there would only be one couple (2) dining and they thanked me for the correction. My reservation confirmation email had in fact shown two diners so totally in the dark as to where the change occured. Glad they called to confirm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014The food was really good. The noise of people was high.Special Features:
- Good Fish - kinda chain likecathdavVIPDined on 5/19/2014The food is good, and since we ate late, our choice, it was very quiet. The service was good and just an uneventful evening.Special Features:
- The following 935 reviews are from the Mitchell's Fish Market - Brookfield reviews archive.
- Everything was PerfectCustomer123Dined on 5/17/2014From the time we walked in the front door everyone was very friendly and nice. And we were seated admittedly. The waitress was very nice and kind and super helpful. Great experience that's why we keep coming back over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.