Mitchell's Fish Market - Birmingham
117 Willits Street
Birmingham, MI 48009Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Birmingham
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 2486463663
- Hours of Operation:
Mitchell's Fish Market is open daily for lunch and dinner. Our menu is printed twice daily to reflect our obsession with fresh seafood. Mitchell's Fish Market is open for lunch, Monday through Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We are open for dinner Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Sunday from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Alex Cain
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: MJ Morris, General Manager 2486463663
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Birmingham
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Mitchell's Fish Market - Birmingham - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Birmingham reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (37)great for lunch (34)romantic (22)notable wine list (18)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (9)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Never Disappointingdrcunn1VIPDined on 10/19/2014We dine in the Birmingham, Bloomfield area 3-4 times a week. Mitchell's is always very, very good. Consistently excellent service. Fish and seafood entrees (we've had many) are always fresh and prepared as requested. It's a great location, easy parking or use valet. Mitchell's is our "go to" restaurant in Birmingham.Special Features:
- Fun with neighborsVisitorDined on 10/18/2014Even though it was Sweetest Day we were still able to get a good table. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. Our neighbors had never been there and really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- chef could not get a simple requesarleneDined on 10/12/2014Chef got it all wrong i asked for no tobascco in my capalini and it was so hot i couldnt eat itSpecial Features:
- Very disappointingDashgoldDined on 10/9/2014We have been dining at Mitchell's for several years. Our previous experience was at the Livonia restaurant and we suspected an isolated reduction in quality. On this occasion there we're 4 of us. The restaurant was not busy. We soon ordered drinks which took approximately 15 minutes to arrive. At that time we ordered appetizers ( calamari and gumbo which were both good) which also took a ridiculous time to arrive. For the entrees I ordered scallops Shang Hai . The scallops were over-cooked and tasteless with a soy sauce that tasted of salt and sugar. My wife ordered the seafood paella which was only fair, being unlike anything we had tasted in Spain. After 2 poor, expensive experiences at Mitchell's we are unlikely to try again.
- Top PickSweetSweetzDined on 10/5/2014I love with you as I did go there for a particular dish that they no longer carry but the atmosphere's always greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent meal, ambiance lackingJPPPDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I made reservations with an out of town business guest from Europe on Saturday and was mortified to enter and find a cheap plastic tarp dividing the restaurant floor to ceiling due to construction. I would have not booked if I had known. A $160 meal should not include gazing at a plastic tarp all evening. Mitchell's is usually one of our favorite places for fish and seafood, but what an embarrassment bringing an out of town guest after boasting about the restaurant. NOT A GOOD IMPRESSION!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell's In BirminghamlovefoodDined on 10/3/2014All the food was unusual and wonderful tasting which is very surprising for a chain. Service could not have been better, either!Special Features:
- happy18Dined on 9/28/2014My wife and I just love Mitchell's, we have recomended this place to all our friends and family. Now they all feel the same as we do.Special Features:
- julieOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent service. Excellent food. Restaurant under construction so ambience was not greatSpecial Features:
- Sue1Dined on 9/27/2014Fish was excellent. Vegetables were pretty tasteless and dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, Service poor.luv2eatVIPDined on 9/27/2014New waiter, made many mistakes. Manager bought our dinner. Food was good, as usual. We will continue to frequent the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affected Ambianceluv4seafoodDined on 9/25/2014The ambiance was diminish because of the remodeling of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KJDJDined on 9/21/2014They are undergoing some remodeling. The place was dirty.
- Fun atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/21/2014We ended up having having our meal at the bar just so we could people watch! The saxophone and musician in the background was a bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpinionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Food was wonderful but didn't have the same atmosphere as we experienced a few years ago.Special Features:
- drinks selectiongoetzDined on 9/17/2014No draft beer that night. Did not work. We seemed like an after thought to waitress. By that I mean we told her we were ready to order. She asked for our order when we put in appetizer order and then we had to call her to table to order. For price I expected her to hover over us. Restaurant wasn't busy either to not get that type of serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell's DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014The food and service were excellent. The only reason I gave a less than outstanding rating in categories Ambience and Noise Level, is because currently there is a renovation taking place, so the middle section of the restaurant was closed off (with what looked like black garbage bags...couldn't something a little nicer be found to hang up??). That made the section we were in (first section) seem crowded and the noise seemed to reverberate more. Hope we'll be informed when the reno is done, so we can go back and enjoy it 100%.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SeafoodBKClawsonDined on 9/15/2014The seafood was good, the sides were not (red skin smashed potatoes and asparagus). The side salad with goat cheese and maple dressing was great. They brought me a free desert for my birthday, good thing it was free because it was frozen in the center.Special Features:
- friendly but slow service-good foodjjtdfbDined on 9/14/2014We had to ask to order drinks and then the wait for the drinks was long and the restaurant was not busy at all. Our waitress was very pleasant but slow. Our food was very good and the desserts were very good but huge which wasn't a problem last night since we were a group of 9.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealdetroitdinerDined on 9/13/2014The food and service was outstanding. Celebrated a birthday and appreciate the selection of desserts which was complimentary. Have been to Mitchell's many times and will return soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/10/2014Very fresh seafood well-prepared. A friendly, neighborhood atmosphere. One issue - it took a while to get our soup/salad course and two minutes later someone came by with our entrees. They took them away seeing that we were obviously not ready to eat them. They must have put them under a heat lamp, though, because when we got the food my husband's steak tips that were supposed to be medium rare were quite well done. So that was disappointing. But generally quite good!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Always great! Service was excellent as always. The food, well that's why we keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!RegularDined on 9/6/2014Food is always fantastic and service outstanding! We love to go here for a nice dinner, just adults. And are able to take kids here, as they always accommodate nicely.Special Features:
- PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Appitizer cold. No silverware at table. Server didn't ask if we wanted more drinks or even refilled our water. Entrees cool also. Medium well filet was rare. Had to have another server bring butter tower to table for crab. Server never returned to ask us how anything was during meal. Very disappointing.
- Birthday dinnerbirthdayDined on 9/5/2014Thank you for a memorable birthday experience. I enjoyed your restaurant and the service was above standard. As always, the food was hot and delicious. You have a gem there in Birmingham, MI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Equal to Red LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The ambiance is just like walking into a Red Lobster, very similar decor. Food was okay. Came out luke warm. Server took 15 minutes to get a coke for my husband and another 15 for a lemon wedge. Not what I expected for Birmingham.
- LarryDined on 8/30/2014Always very good. Dine there often. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreElegantebDined on 8/19/2014Little disappointed in sides for special entries. Used to be one of my favorites. Not as special. I am looking forward to returning with kids and grandkids for lobster.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014nice ambiance, comfortable setting, , good smells! Food was delicious all around. We came for anniversary dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the fare.Special Features:
- Heat foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014We were able to get a last minute reservation and the food and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Sea bass was excellent. Ambience was pleasant. A lovely experience.Special Features:
- Best Swordfish everDawnDined on 8/16/2014We sat at the bar and had a great dinner. The food was great and the bartender was awesome.Special Features:
- SharDined on 8/15/2014Great service and food. Will visit again........................I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent!TorofoodiesDined on 8/14/2014We went Thursday night before Dream Cruise. They weren't anticipating the volume of people so had some service issues. Crab legs and Salmon were probably the best we've ever had, anywhere.
- mikebow181Dined on 8/14/2014Food and service was excellent. Great location. Great seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- usually great - not this timesleepyDined on 8/14/2014Way too much paprika on the lobster tails. Ruined themSpecial Features:
- Our First TimeKJandTaNaiDined on 8/8/2014This was a pre-planned night out on the town weekend without children and other family members; just the two of us.... We were given prompt service and the food was simply delicious....Special Features:
- Not the perfect eveningJackieDined on 8/8/2014WHEN YOU WALK INTO A RESTAURANT AND YOU ARE TOLD WE HAVE NO RESERVATION-THAT DOESN'T START THE EVENING OFF WELL. I HAPPENED TO HAVE THE CONFIRMATION FROM OPEN TABLE ON MY PHONE AND HAD TO SHOW IT TO THE GIRL AT THE FRONT. UNTIL I SAID I WAS GOING TO WRITE TO THE GENERAL MANAGER OF THE RESTAURANT, SHE WAS NOT INTERESTED IN DOING ANYTHING FOR ME. WAS I MORTIFIED SINCE I HAD MY THE RESERVATION FOR 6 PEOPLE- OF COURSE. AND IT SET A POOR TONE FOR THE EVENING. THE WAITER WAS GOOD AND FOOD WAS FINE. THEN WHILE THERE I GOT A EMAIL SAYING I WAS A NO SHOW. I WENT UP TO THE FRONT DESK AND SHE STILL ACTED LIKE SO WHAT. NOT GOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceCas73Dined on 8/7/2014Our waitress was really nice but the kitchen was very slow to have our order ready. The waitress apologized and gave us a free coupon to return for dessert at another time.Special Features:
- First for FistPamelaVIPDined on 8/6/2014When ever I am in town, I make it a point of eating here. It is hard to find good white fish outside the mid-west. We both got the White fish, but prepared differently. Both preps equally tasty.Special Features: