Mitchell's Fish Market - Birmingham
117 Willits Street
Birmingham, MI 48009Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mitchell's Fish Market - Birmingham
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 2486463663
- Hours of Operation:
Mitchell's Fish Market is open daily for lunch and dinner. Our menu is printed twice daily to reflect our obsession with fresh seafood. Mitchell's Fish Market is open for lunch, Monday through Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We are open for dinner Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Sunday from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Alex Cain
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mitchell's Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: MJ Morris, General Manager 2486463663
A word from Mitchell's Fish Market - Birmingham
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Mitchell's Fish Market - Birmingham - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
Mitchell's Fish Market - Birmingham reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (44)great for lunch (42)romantic (23)kid-friendly (22)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (15)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (13)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- friendly but slow service-good foodjjtdfbDined on 9/14/2014We had to ask to order drinks and then the wait for the drinks was long and the restaurant was not busy at all. Our waitress was very pleasant but slow. Our food was very good and the desserts were very good but huge which wasn't a problem last night since we were a group of 9.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealdetroitdinerDined on 9/13/2014The food and service was outstanding. Celebrated a birthday and appreciate the selection of desserts which was complimentary. Have been to Mitchell's many times and will return soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/10/2014Very fresh seafood well-prepared. A friendly, neighborhood atmosphere. One issue - it took a while to get our soup/salad course and two minutes later someone came by with our entrees. They took them away seeing that we were obviously not ready to eat them. They must have put them under a heat lamp, though, because when we got the food my husband's steak tips that were supposed to be medium rare were quite well done. So that was disappointing. But generally quite good!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Always great! Service was excellent as always. The food, well that's why we keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!RegularDined on 9/6/2014Food is always fantastic and service outstanding! We love to go here for a nice dinner, just adults. And are able to take kids here, as they always accommodate nicely.Special Features:
- PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Appitizer cold. No silverware at table. Server didn't ask if we wanted more drinks or even refilled our water. Entrees cool also. Medium well filet was rare. Had to have another server bring butter tower to table for crab. Server never returned to ask us how anything was during meal. Very disappointing.
- Birthday dinnerbirthdayDined on 9/5/2014Thank you for a memorable birthday experience. I enjoyed your restaurant and the service was above standard. As always, the food was hot and delicious. You have a gem there in Birmingham, MI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Equal to Red LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The ambiance is just like walking into a Red Lobster, very similar decor. Food was okay. Came out luke warm. Server took 15 minutes to get a coke for my husband and another 15 for a lemon wedge. Not what I expected for Birmingham.
- LarryDined on 8/30/2014Always very good. Dine there often. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreElegantebDined on 8/19/2014Little disappointed in sides for special entries. Used to be one of my favorites. Not as special. I am looking forward to returning with kids and grandkids for lobster.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014nice ambiance, comfortable setting, , good smells! Food was delicious all around. We came for anniversary dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the fare.Special Features:
- Heat foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014We were able to get a last minute reservation and the food and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Sea bass was excellent. Ambience was pleasant. A lovely experience.Special Features:
- Best Swordfish everDawnDined on 8/16/2014We sat at the bar and had a great dinner. The food was great and the bartender was awesome.Special Features:
- SharDined on 8/15/2014Great service and food. Will visit again........................I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent!TorofoodiesDined on 8/14/2014We went Thursday night before Dream Cruise. They weren't anticipating the volume of people so had some service issues. Crab legs and Salmon were probably the best we've ever had, anywhere.
- mikebow181Dined on 8/14/2014Food and service was excellent. Great location. Great seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- usually great - not this timesleepyDined on 8/14/2014Way too much paprika on the lobster tails. Ruined themSpecial Features:
- Our First TimeKJandTaNaiDined on 8/8/2014This was a pre-planned night out on the town weekend without children and other family members; just the two of us.... We were given prompt service and the food was simply delicious....Special Features:
- Not the perfect eveningJackieDined on 8/8/2014WHEN YOU WALK INTO A RESTAURANT AND YOU ARE TOLD WE HAVE NO RESERVATION-THAT DOESN'T START THE EVENING OFF WELL. I HAPPENED TO HAVE THE CONFIRMATION FROM OPEN TABLE ON MY PHONE AND HAD TO SHOW IT TO THE GIRL AT THE FRONT. UNTIL I SAID I WAS GOING TO WRITE TO THE GENERAL MANAGER OF THE RESTAURANT, SHE WAS NOT INTERESTED IN DOING ANYTHING FOR ME. WAS I MORTIFIED SINCE I HAD MY THE RESERVATION FOR 6 PEOPLE- OF COURSE. AND IT SET A POOR TONE FOR THE EVENING. THE WAITER WAS GOOD AND FOOD WAS FINE. THEN WHILE THERE I GOT A EMAIL SAYING I WAS A NO SHOW. I WENT UP TO THE FRONT DESK AND SHE STILL ACTED LIKE SO WHAT. NOT GOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceCas73Dined on 8/7/2014Our waitress was really nice but the kitchen was very slow to have our order ready. The waitress apologized and gave us a free coupon to return for dessert at another time.Special Features:
- First for FistPamelaVIPDined on 8/6/2014When ever I am in town, I make it a point of eating here. It is hard to find good white fish outside the mid-west. We both got the White fish, but prepared differently. Both preps equally tasty.Special Features:
- good restaurantJford1204Dined on 8/3/2014Great food and atmosphere. If you never been here you need to put it on your to do list. Its a great place for a first date or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Food and Mediocre ServiceBonniebluDined on 8/3/2014Our food was cold when brought to the table and only one person of six enjoyed their meal. The food was a bit bland, and didn't taste like the high restaurant that I thought this restaurant to be. The fish dishes were fresh but the steaks were overlooked.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingunfulfilledDined on 8/2/2014Our waiter was not attentive. He so busy with other tables that we had to ask for water, wine and other things more than once. He didn't bring the small forks or shell containers for our mussels until we asked. The food was very poor. The mussels were the smallest we have ever been served anywhere. The caesar salad consisted of limp, green-only ends of the romaine and very little cheese. The pasta and shrimp entree was cold, so that the pasta was clumped together and the shrimp was tough and over-cooked. The lobster and filet was a disappointment as well. The lobster meat was served in very small pieces and the steak was over-cooked and tough. Our meal was over $300 and we felt cheated. We would not eat at this restaurant again.
- Great serviceGreatGreat1Dined on 8/1/2014The waitress was great and knowledgable of the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomHVIPDined on 7/31/2014The food was very good overall. We cleaned our plates. My wild salmon was almost well done when I asked for medium however.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014Service was slow at best. Always had to ask for additional drinks. Quality of food has declined significantly. Would not return.
- Very goodBhamDined on 7/25/2014Called in late for a large party of 10. They were able to sue the see the spa time we got there which is about 45 minutes. Food and service were both very very very good.Special Features:
- ConsistentCapt313Dined on 7/25/2014Food is consistently average/good. The menu or Chef might need some inspiration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mitchell's Fish Market-Birm Loc.ready2dineDined on 7/24/2014This is my go for restaurant for special occasions. I took my friend out for his Birthday. He was pleased with the many choices of fish dishes and extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingNoname01Dined on 7/23/2014Great place to be together with family and celebrate a special occasion. The food was delish and totally worth the price. The staff was very attentitive as well. I will definitely recommend this restaurant to my family and friends and is deserves a high rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish fried in very very old grease.DinadoesdinnerDined on 7/22/2014Lobster bisque too salty and served much too cold. This is the worst lobster bisque I have ever had.
- Nice Birthday DinnerAmyGDined on 7/20/2014My husband and I went to Mitchell's for the first time to celebrate my birthday. We had a pleasant meal and very good service. It was a late afternoon Sunday dinner and I expected the restaurant to be busier. Let me preface this with saying that I am a manager a "upscale casual" steakhouse so I may be a bit more critical than some. I informed the server of our special occasion and was surprised that I didn't get a manager visit especially considering there were only three other tables in the restaurant. This would have given me the opportunity to tell the manager that we were receiving very good service from our server. Food was great. Drinks were a bit too sweet and there was no mint in our mojitos.Special Features:
- The food was blandlove2dineDined on 7/19/2014the service was outstanding the food was very blandSpecial Features:
- Mitchell's always gooddrcaroljsDined on 7/19/2014This was a very pleasant dinner. Food and service excellent.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodAnonymousDined on 7/19/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday and it was great. From the moment we came in my husband was wished a Happy Birthday. We had a wonderful server. We enjoyed the birthday desert. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fundineVIPDined on 7/18/2014My husband had the live lobster and beef skewers special, it was awesome. I had their shrimp pasta special, which was just okay. The appetizers were great though, we had crab cakes and ahi tuna, I would recommend both. Service was competent and prompt. We'll come back again.
- Mitchell's BirminghamBummed4BHamDined on 7/16/2014After many solid Mitchell's experiences in the past while a resident, I returned to Detroit and targeted Mitchell's for a business meeting. It was a disaster. The food was late, cold, over-cooked and side dishes were left off, came later, were wrong, etc. The lobster was dry and had to be dug out of the shell, and the steak skewers were over-cooked and full of gristle. One diner ordered a dish with hollondais sauce and by the time the sauce arrived, he had already eaten the main course or, if not, it would have been ice cold. The waitress was great and did her best to apologize and make up for the issues, but the damage was done. We had customers in from Europe and they were visibly put off by the experience. Very disappointing.
- Top spotLovedeliciousfoodDined on 7/14/2014Food and service was excellant. The Monday Lobster special couldn't be beat along with the fantastic clam chowder My son was in from Florida and agreed he couldn't find any better in Florida. I know well be back. Our associates will also be informed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.