Mitch & Toni’s American Bistro
875 Willis Ave.
Albertson, NY 11507Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Mitch & Toni’s American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitchandtonis.com/
- Phone: 5167417940
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm: Sunday Dinner 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mitchell SuDock
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Full, off-premise catering available from Bar-B-QUE to fine dining, sit down or buffets. Cocktail parties, full service staff available.
- Special Events: Wine down Monday with 30% off select wines
$10 Burger Tuesday's
Date Night Wednesday w/ $78 dinner for two
Thirsty Thursday's w/ 30% off cocktails and glasses of wine
$32.95 Friday & Saturday Market Menu
Daily Prix Fixe menus $27.95-$37.95
A word from Mitch & Toni’s American Bistro
Contemporary American cuisine in a casual setting, inspired by the seasons. Menu features appetizers, small plates and main courses featuring classic pistachio crusted halibut and tuna tartar as well as a selection of pastas & large salads. Menu is ever-changing featuring daily specials. Served by a knowledgeable, friendly staff who makes you feel "right at home".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mitch & Toni’s American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (10)good for groups (6)romantic (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great American BistroOBGemVIPDined on 7/26/2014Always wonderful food and excellent service. A very well put together bistro menu of both bistro-type food and more elegant dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jbigdaddyDined on 7/22/2014as usual great food and great service servers are people friendly and always on point.food always excellent.havent had bad experience yet.Special Features:
- sandyDined on 7/19/2014This was our fifth time dining at the restaurant. Previous experiences/food were excellent. The food last Saturday night was good (not like other times). We questioned the waitress and they said they change the menu with the season. My husband ordered the lobster roll and the portion was so small...saw the portion that was served at the next table, which was ample. When he mentioned it to the waitress, she took it back and they added more lobster meat. This should not be the case when a restaurant has a good reputation. We will give it another try, and hopefully it will be back to excellent food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Last night a great disappointment in all aspects of fine dinning .The only resemblance of a fine dinning establishment was the bill. I have been active in the restaurant business for 50 years as a chef and operator as was my guest . I always wanted too know how my guests felt after visiting my establishments . Best regard
- markVIPDined on 7/5/2014We have dined here a number of times. I wish their location was somewhere other than abutting the middle of a busy commercial street. That said, the food is great. Prepared with care and consistency rarely found anywhere--but especially on Long Island. Ambience inside the restaurant is fine but its location does seem to affect my overall experience.Special Features:
- AMAZING BURGERSShanaMaidelVIPDined on 7/5/2014$18 for a burger. This is not the 21 club, but it includes EVERYTHING!!! Onion rings, great fries, lettuce, tomato, onion and any cheese or other accompaniment. So really, not so bad and delicious. Try the new lamb sandwich also. And forget about calories for the night.
- Nice Menu...good foodaadoc76VIPDined on 7/4/2014Restaurant was quiet during 4th of July weekend but everything was really good. The menu has something for everyone. I had watermelon and feta salad, which was a great summer salad, and the salmon, which was moist and tasty. My friends had the special of a lobster roll with homemade seasoned potato chips. That was really delicious. Definitely worth going to this restaurant.
- Glad we came backOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/4/2014We hadn't been to Mitch and Toni's in a while. Sometimes Saturday nights, our usually dinner out night, is kind of crazy, but so glad we did. On a rainy 4th of July we popped over for the perfect dinner. I had the smoked duck Croque madame, which was really more of a salad, than a sandwich, was delicious. My husband had the flatbread appetizer. We both had the lobster roll for our main course. We substituted their amazing sweet potato fries for the home made chips. We will be sure to stop back again soon.
- Great evening at Mitch and TonysLuv2eatDined on 7/2/2014We eat at Mitch and Tony's once a month. We always enjoy our dinner immensely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet and Down to EartOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/1/2014The noise level is really between Moderate and Energetic, depending on the day of the week. The food is amazing and the menu is constantly changing and updating according to the season. The tuna tartar (always on the menu) is to die for (seriously). The hardest thing is deciding what to eat, since everything is amazing. . . even the chicken!Special Features:
- good value?MarcVIPDined on 6/30/2014Toni wasn't at the front door, so we missed her warm greeting as we were seated by one of her waiters. Our dinner was tasty but not as hot as we would have liked. Our fault. We should have sent our meatball app back to be heated up - or maybe it should have been hot in the first place! Our beef sliders were tasty but a bit chewy - not as appealing as we remembered from our last visit. The calamari was tasty. One out of three isn't strong enough for a return for us. We were disappointed as we hoped for more.Special Features:
- consistently goodarthrodocVIPDined on 6/24/2014Never had a bad meal with Chef Mitch either here at Mitch & Toni's or previously at Bistro M. Great attention to the food and presentation. Gets crowded at times and service can suffer a bit, but as long as you have the time, sit back and enjoy - you won't be disappointedSpecial Features:
- Nice PlaceFoodieVIPDined on 6/20/2014Really good food. Booked via Open Table, which I question. There were no 7pm - 8pm openings yet when we got there at 6:45 the place had plenty of tables available. When we left at 9 pm. The place was only half full. Would have preferred a 7:30 reservation so we didn't have to rush from work in Manhattan. That being said, enjoyed the food immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/12/2014we turened around and left...not appealing at all.....dingy and dank....
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2014Mitch & Toni's is wonderful. I had the Risotto with Shrimp & hubby had the Sea Bass everything was very very good. Michelle our server could not have been more helpful and charming. We plan to go back again in a couple of weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 428 reviews are from the Mitch & Toni’s American Bistro reviews archive.
- Lucky find!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/31/2014Wonderful surprise! Great service and the food included many seasonal specialties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot!greatVIPDined on 5/31/2014We had a great meal & drinks, brought our young kids and were treated wonderfully by the hostess and our waitress. We will definitely go back. Great neighborhood spot but still feels like a cool fun night out. Need to try burger nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodmartiniDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I recently went to Mitch & Toni's and had a wonderful dining experience. The food was amazing. We started with the kale and mesculan salads which we both enjoyed. I had the seabass for my entree and my husband had the pork, both meals were delicious. The service was fabulous as well. The only small negative is that the place is a little too dim for my tastes but it does create a certain ambiance. We will definitely be back. Bonus points for noting the gluten free options!Special Features:
- downtownerVIPDined on 5/23/2014Good food, good size portions, good service. However---the food, service and ambiance do not warrant the very high prices. 2 soft shell crabs for $$38.00 is overpriced! Fish for $38-42 ia overpriced! This has become a place for special occasions not everynight dining.Special Features:
- Consistantly excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/18/2014We always enjoy the creative food, excellent service and sophisticated decor of Mitch and Tony's.Special Features:
- food junkiewhydoineedanicknameVIPDined on 5/17/2014First bad meal. Server forgot to bring 2 of 4 drinks and food was bland, especially the duck. getting pricey too
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2014Continues to have great food variety and great service. The Thursday evening Porterhouse for two is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very so soDRB46Dined on 4/29/2014The house special Roslyn Salad was old and not very tasty or appealing. The soups were way over salted. The Grilled steak was fine, but the help refused to make eye contact when you need a water refill.
- fun with friendsNICKSMOMVIPDined on 4/28/2014it was my turn to pick a restaurant for restaurant week with the girls and this was my pick…my friends loved it and all said they would come back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week GemOBGemVIPDined on 4/27/2014The price fixed L.I. Restaurant Week dinner we had was wonderful. Although we are regulars at M & T's, this dinner, in particular, was not only wonderful but was well worth the price. The service was top flight as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new find for usMarcVIPDined on 4/21/2014We tried Mitch and Toni's on the recommendation of friends and were very glad we did. The choices were extensive and interesting. We focused on sharing small plates and really enjoyed the variety they afforded us. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. The staff couldn't have been nicer! We will definitely return. Thank you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/21/2014The same great food and service. Gets better with every visit as does the menu. They still need a more sophisticated wine list though.Special Features:
- Always yummy!KarenessVIPDined on 4/13/2014I always get the pistachio crusted fish when they have it...delicious. The amburgwr was very good and my son had some pasts...all yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentbutpricey.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014We live within walking distance of Mitch and Toni,but this was our first time dining there.Thefoodwas excellentbutpriceyy like a manhattan restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deelishLynbrook26VIPDined on 4/5/2014Always a real treat to eat here! Food & service TOP NOTCH! Reservation & requests honored!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting better everyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/3/2014Keeps getting better every time. The porterhouse steak for two on Thursdays is fabulous with BYOB (no corkage), can't be beat. Great and personal service.Special Features:
- Always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2014We came here for my birthday dinner with my family. Not my first time here, not my last time either. The staff was warm, friendly and very accommodating for my daughters meal. Appetizers, dinner and dessert were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, suspicious billing!WHB53VIPDined on 3/30/2014We loved the restaurant & prix fixe dinner, but our check & the paying process put a sour taste in our mouths. We received a complex check & found we were overcharged by one complete prix fixe dinner, which the restaurant adjusted. We had to specify the tip by percentage & sign the credit card receipt both on an iPad. We asked -- & were reassured -- that the percentage tip would be applied to the food bill before tax. We received a paper receipt that was just a print of the total bill without the tip. When we complained, the manager hand wrote a total on the receipt that included the tip, & when we did the math, we discovered that the tip had been calculated on the entire bill, including tax. The manager claimed human error. Hmmm ...
- Love M&T in the Hood!SparkyDined on 3/29/2014We have never had a bad dish here. This visit was no different. Great appies and desserts. Had Papardelle (with veal & ricotta) - delish! Other diners had grilled salmon or a pasta entree which all gave high marks. In addition, everyone on the staff made the visit fun and relaxed. The only little negative is that sometimes the noise level is a bit high. Otherwise, we love having a venue of this quality in our town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday nite specialsfoodie1VIPDined on 3/25/2014Four of us went for the Tuesday night special of $10 burgers, and I opted for the pint of $5 beer. The burgers arrived more or less as ordered, and were good, but not great. Accompanying them were huge,beautiful salads. The combination of burger and beer is a true bargain. The others at the table ordered multiple drinks and wine ,running the bill way up, but that wasn't the restaurant's fault. It's possible to have a very satisfying meal for a very satisfying price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice selection of "small plates"PhilipBVIPDined on 3/24/2014Enjoyed a selection of small plates (at $12 each they make for pricey appetizers) but they were delicious. Service was attentive. Private parking lot makes for easy parking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although we had to move toDrAMVIPDined on 3/15/2014Although we had to move to another table when we first got seated, the server and the food were once again consistent and worth moving to a different table. Although loud at times, the Tuna, Stripe Bass and Salmon are always great choices. But the duck with the fried egg on top was a terrific app and I will definitely order that againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good food and cocktails.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014Reliably good food and cocktails. Pleasant staff. Gets noisy as it fills up.Special Features:
- Great foodBesitoDined on 3/14/2014Loved everything about this place. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- We love this placetarheeleatsDined on 3/9/2014My sons were in town and I wanted a restaurant where we could talk, not feel rushed, have a great drink, and where the food was delicious. Mitch & Toni's fulfills all of this. We don't eat out as often as we would like, so it is a special occasion to bring 6-8 people here. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.